(Topic ID: 152901)

Full Throttle on route in Madison, WI!!!

By Whysnow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 187 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DerGoetz
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
5BSKhIc_(resized).png
ejbeaeh2_(resized).png
IMG_8909_(resized).JPG
IMG_8904_(resized).JPG
FullThrottle002-20160222_(resized).JPG
FullThrottle009-20160222_(resized).JPG
FullThrottle008-20160222_(resized).JPG
FullThrottle003-20160222_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zampinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

am I the only one excited about this?

Super cool it's going on route! You & your customers are going to love it! I've never played a pin like it!

#17 8 years ago

Here's a 169,000,000 game I shot on Full Throttle tonight to help get everyone in the mood!

#29 8 years ago

My pin cleared customs in 1 day.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My buddies got delayed about two weeks but he got it now.

Was it shipped sea or air? My understanding is that delays are pretty common by sea, but doesn't happen often by air.

1 week later
#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If any of the locals are available and want to play hookey and help me load it in the house and set it up/play, then give me a call.

I wish I was closer! I would come over & hang out & help you set it up. If you have any questions on making adjustments/tweaks give me a call/text. I'll PM you my number. Have fun & post a ton of pics!

#53 8 years ago

This is from another thread. I list of the tweaks I've made.

DerGoetz said:

Hello Zamp,
I am new to Pinball and would like to learn what it is that one can do to tweak/ physically modify a scoop and ball guides. Any input would be highly appreciated.

Absolutely! The scoop, & this was pointed out to me by another Pinsider, is aimed too far to the right. When the ball ejects from the scoop it hits the rubber on the right & then bounces to the left outlane. So it appears that it needs to be aimed more to the right, but the opposite is what's needed.
I did 2 things to adjust it.
1) I loosened the screws on the bottom of the scoop & shifted it to the left.
2) Then I used a pair of channel locks to grab the top of the scoop & I slightly bent it left(not visible to the eye). Fixed! It shoots the ball on the left flipper every time now!

luvthatapex2 said:

Actually, if you have ideas for tweaking from the factory you should pass them onto Andrew and his team.
This way things are corrected at the factory before the games ship and everyone wins.

I will for sure.

The adjustments were minor, but needed.
I adjusted.
1) The scoop (mentioned above)
2) The right orbit need to be slightly adjusted back.
3) The left outlane that's is fed from the inner right orbit needed a slight adjustment down. When the ball was going fast (it usually is unless it's fed from the ramp exit) it would hit the bottom of the sling & then drain sometimes.
4) The leaf switches on the pop bumpers were too far apart. I wanted them more "active". Simple adjustment.

Overall it's been a fantastic pin, we love it! Minor adjustments were made, & no breakdowns what so ever. Customer service has been exceptional, & I couldn't be happier with my decision to buy from Heighway, & I can't wait for my Alien LE!

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

very few through hole switches/ micro switches anywhere on the game. It really seems to work very well and keeps the ball moving quickly. Sure does not feel like a widebody.
I know some people may not like a silly thing like the look of the bezzle (I like it and it feels great in hand), but this game is leaps and bounds forward in how it was designed and built. Aside from that I dont play the stinking bezle, I play what is under the glass and the bezel really frames the deck in nicely. This is the new standard for what 6k should get you IMO.
Great sound system, smooth formed ramps, thick quality metal guide, amazing graphics, backlit side panels, appears to be well designed electronics and boards, cool toys, and just plain fun. The ruleset is fairly intuituve and addictive to play!
This game has LOTS of flow and fun shots. You can tell time was spent on the geometry and layout to make things move great!
If anyone wants to swing over this afternoon> hit me up and maybe we can make it work.

I couldn't agree more! The quality, the craftsmanship, the innovation, & the fun you get for $6000 is unreal. You can look at my collection from over the last 3 plus years, & nothing I currently own, or have owned, or even played, even comes close for this price point! I absolutely love Full Throttle! Alien/Aliens with this technology & build quality is going to raise the bar even higher than Full Throttle already has. Exciting times for Pinball!

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A few questions.
Each game starts with 1 gear, correct?
You add gears by completing Octance standups?
Do gears hold over between balls?
When you cash in your X playfield multiplier is it for a shot, amount of time, or rest of ball?

Gears are earned by two different ways:
1) The Super Skill Shot
2) By pop bumper hits. If you watch your tachometer as the ball is in the pops, it goes up with each hit. Once it red lines, it shifts into the next gear. That drops the RPMs down & then you repeat this process to shift to the next gear(multiplier).
You cash in your multiplier by hitting the launch button. If you drain before you use your multiplier, you loose it. It's a fun & unique feature that you can trigger & use when you want. It last for 10 seconds.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Care to comment on two questions I have?
1.) how complete is the code?
2.) have you seen wizard mode?
If not does it seem obtainable?
Thanks in advance

There are 2 Mini wizard modes that I'm aware of, "Final Challenge" & "Red Mist". Both are fun & are multi-ball in nature. There is also a Wizard mode for completing all of the races, which I haven't even come close to doing.
Final Challenge jackpot values are determined by what cup(gold,silver,bronze,zero) you achieved in each race mode.
Red Mist is awarded by achieving a set # of laps I believe.
The code is very good, & is risk/reward in nature. As Whysnow has said, " it needs some polish" is all. More call outs, & more animation are really the 2 biggies. I guess at the recent PAPA event competitors were timing out the race modes, thats an easy fix that needs to be addressed.
Overall I couldn't be much happier with Full Throttle! The Heighway Pinball system is legit, I can't wait to see future titles from them!

Here is a Great Tutorial video from Bowen:

#111 8 years ago

That's a great idea!

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Have a full throttle already at The Sanctum. We are adding s ghostbusters too
As far as timing out race modes. Not only are you missing out on good hurry up points but you are missing out on increasing your main multiball jackpots. The better you have done in races the higher your jackpot values will be. It's tempting to time out to be able to wait and shoot for your challenge shots but will give your poor jackpots later.

I didn't realize it affected your jackpot values, good to know.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'd also like a "pops animation", something to reinforce what is happening there. Think of EVERY Stern game, they all have pops animations.

Overall it needs a few more sound FX & animations. But there is an animation for the pops already, it's the RPM gauge showing your progress.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

whom are the design team on FullT?
The layout designer needs to pick up his crown as he is THE new king of Flow. Seriously, Steve R has been dethroned. When you learn the shots on this game WATCH OUT! Blistering fast and FUN!
The inner loop shot is the BEST flowing inner rebound shot in pinball IMO. Steve R loves these kind of shots (ST, BK2K, Getaway) and FullT put such a great spin on the general idea and used the flow and speed so well in this shot.
Toss on that the orbits and ramps are butter smooth. WOW! Get on a roll and it is just such a FLOW MONSTER!

It sounds like he heresy to challenge S.Ritchie, but you speak the truth. Full Throttle is a fast & flowing masterpiece!

1 week later
#143 8 years ago

Right. My wife was asking when we would be getting our Alien pin. My guess is this fall, realistically. So if you like fast, fun, & flowing pinball, Full Throttle is your game! Get a standard Full Throttle (Black & Silver cab)& an Alien playfield would look perfect in it!

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Question for those having played FT:
I notice the "picture frame" on the FT machine at my local arcade seems loose when I attempt to nudge the machine forward; the frame slides forward and back by 1/4 to 1/2 inch (but, no looseness side to side). Is this the intended fit of the frame, or does the operator need to tighten the frame down? My visits over the past few weeks were the same.
I have not asked as she's got >100 machines at this location, obviously a lot on her plate. I'd only ask if a valid concern.
Thx!

The glass frame? It should Not move at all, it needs to be tightened. Mine does not wiggle at all.

4 months later
#178 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Are planning on getting Alien? Don't know if it will be released by then but I'll be back in town in mid November. Looking forward to going to Pooleys again, hopefully I'll remember my Packers shirt this time.

Come on up to Gaylord! I was in early on an Alien LE, you can play mine.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Is there still a Slugfest at Pooley's too?

Sounds like a plan! Did you sell your FT?

I traded it. The only reason I did, is I am getting a Full Throttle LE kit to go in the Alien cab. That's the beauty of the Heighway system! But I do miss FT a lot! I can't wait to get my Alien & my FT kit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zampinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-on-its-way-to-madison-wi?tu=zampinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.