(Topic ID: 152901)

Full Throttle on route in Madison, WI!!!

By Whysnow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 187 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DerGoetz
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
5BSKhIc_(resized).png
ejbeaeh2_(resized).png
IMG_8909_(resized).JPG
IMG_8904_(resized).JPG
FullThrottle002-20160222_(resized).JPG
FullThrottle009-20160222_(resized).JPG
FullThrottle008-20160222_(resized).JPG
FullThrottle003-20160222_(resized).JPG

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I had this thought and tried to see if the the entire pf glass would lift. It did not; it was locked down, just loosely in the vertical (front to back) direction

then just a too loose lockdown bar screw. Let the operator know and will be a simple adjustment.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I also woudl suggest buying the FT game so you can play it now and then swap in the Alien PF once that kit is ready.

I would do that but I'm going to be out of town more or less until the fall and won't have too much time to play at home until then. Also still saving up money, never bought a NIB game before but I'll probably sell a few games I've had for years and be set.
I wasn't that crazy on the trim/lockdown bar/frame on the game, hoping it'll look better on Alien. It was the only thing on the game that looked cheap. I guess it won't be for sale until the second game is out but I wonder how much it would be just for the FT PF.

Hope to play this game again soon, and really looking forward to what Heighway does in the future.

#153 7 years ago

I liked the black powder they had on a FullT at TPF. I think that mad eth frame look better. I personally dont have any issue with it and will take function over aesthetics anytime. The full frame glass means you dont need extra space to remove and then lift the pf.

I also like the feel of the full frame and how solid it makes the game lock together.

Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I guess it won't be for sale until the second game is out but I wonder how much it would be just for the FT PF.

guessing the same as an Aliens pf? about 60% the cost of a full machine???

#154 7 years ago

I think I'd like the black powder better too. The frame was really the only nit-picking I could do! Game played great and was tons of fun. For all you in Madison you're very lucky to have this on site! And at a pretty cool bar too.

Good news on the pf price, for under 10k you could have two brand new pfs and one brand new cab. Sounds like a good deal to me.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

For all you in Madison you're very lucky to have this on site! And at a pretty cool bar too.

thanks for the kind words!

Be sure to check out our other locations when you come around next time.

We have a RZ, GB, Hobbit, and SMVE all going on route in the near future.

1 week later
#156 7 years ago

Just wanted to share this story here also

Yesterday the local legend, Sheldon, (a guy that is super good at pinball but your rarely see anything but his initials "NHL" left behind) was out to play our FullT on route. He stayed there for 7 hours straight and ditched all other plans. I stopped in at noon to fix something on another game and then came back at 5pm and he was still there. I asked him what he had been doing and he had been playing full throttle non-stop. Said he ditched all other plans and told his friends he was busy playing the best pinball machine ever created. I agreed and we played a few games together. Very cool to see a local hard core route player (he does not own any games yet) be so enthralled with the game. Sheldon likely plays more pinball that most pinsiders combined and he was really amazed with how good the game was and how much he wanted to just keep playing.

I think he may even make it his first personal machine purchase.

#157 7 years ago

Hilton, way back when you were kind of dubious whether it was "worth it" to pay the extra for Full Throttle, as opposed to saving $1000-$1500 for a Stern Pro. The argument was they are going to make what they make, so to spend more was a waste of money.

That being said, I can see you're a fan of the game, has the coin drop been any better, having a premium game on route?

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That being said, I can see you're a fan of the game, has the coin drop been any better, having a premium game on route?

in short, it is WAY too early to tell.

Everything does good for the first few months. After that is the big question. Will it drop off or sustain. I personally think it will be a favorite for a long time. It is a super fun game and has the just 10 more sort fo feeling.

It has been out for 3 weeks as of today and has done similar (maybe slightly better) in first month earnings to every other brand new game. The location has a coin changer but the game is still at a disadvantage since it has no bill acceptor and no way to install one without putting in a new door. I am open to swapping the door but unsure of if the wiring is even there to tap in a bill acceptor (if anyon has done this on FullT please reach out to me)

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

way back when you were kind of dubious whether it was "worth it" to pay the extra for Full Throttle

I can say that no matter what it IS worth it to support Heighway and what I believe is a company that is going to give Stern a real run for their money in a few years.

They have the operator in mind and production and building up the manufacturing as a goal.

Teh quality in build of this game is astounding. Sure they have a few tweaks to make and improve but everything about the game has been thought about and they continue to be responsive and adjusting. I am happy to be an early adopter and providing them with feedback for improvements.

1 week later
#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The location has a coin changer but the game is still at a disadvantage since it has no bill acceptor and no way to install one without putting in a new door. I am open to swapping the door but unsure of if the wiring is even there to tap in a bill acceptor (if anyone has done this on FullT please reach out to me)

Our latest batch of dual slot coin doors does NOT have the validator panel - which is a fault of our supplier, as it is supposed to be present.

The wiring loom in the game should have everything needed to make the validator work.

We need to have a discussion with you Hilton, to get a new coin door over to you and help you with wiring it up.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Our latest batch of dual slot coin doors does NOT have the validator panel - which is a fault of our supplier, as it is supposed to be present.
The wiring loom in the game should have everything needed to make the validator work.
We need to have a discussion with you Hilton, to get a new coin door over to you and help you with wiring it up.

such great customer service!!! THANKS Andrew! I will message you later today. Really looking forward to this.

The game held up great at MGC all weekend. I was chasing an odd autoplunge issue where balls were plunging immediately upon entering the shooter lane. After chasing myself in circles I think we finally found out it was the captive ball leaf switch had been gapped tight/hit to be tight and the vibration just form the ball coming up from the trough was enough to cause a closure which then cause the autoplunger to fire as the game thought a ball was already on the playfield so ball save enabled/plunger fired.

The short of it, check all your switch gaps to others that may incounter a similar symptom.

The long of it, Andrew, I have some great ideas for more things in the operator menus for diagnosing intermittent switch issues.

#162 7 years ago

I gotta say, I have the best Avatar for upvotes

#163 7 years ago

Thanks for bringing FT to MGC. It's a really fun, fast playing game.

#164 7 years ago

Got to put a couple of games on this at MGC. I'll echo all the other compliments, in that of all the other companies coming out with pins, Heighway is by far looking like they'll be the ones that give Stern a run for their money.

Great gameplay, fast and smooth shots, and everything on the game seemed high quality. Also seems like a decent price point.

Well done Andrew!

Thanks,
EV

P.S. Hilton, how much did you wind up donating to the Humane Society?

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The long of it, Andrew, I have some great ideas for more things in the operator menus for diagnosing intermittent switch issues.

We would love your feedback Hilton.

We already discussed a ball launch test today, to test balls in the trough ... to shooter lane ... launch ... then to orbit switches

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We would love your feedback Hilton.
We already discussed a ball launch test today, to test balls in the trough ... to shooter lane ... launch ... then to orbit switches

I will put together a list of ideas and requests.

For the switch test menu I woudl LOVE to see an "active switches" option. It would show the pf map similar to the "single switch" and then indicate all currently active switches by lighting them up.

This would allow something like and intermittent of flakey switch to be easily found by banging on the pf (vibration) and see what switch is the culprit.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

P.S. Hilton, how much did you wind up donating to the Humane Society?

total was $171 dollars.

I need to talk with Keith for the good local shelter and will make a donation later this week. THANKS to all that played at the launch party for supporting the cause!

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

total was $171 dollars.
I need to talk with Keith for the good local shelter and will make a donation later this week. THANKS to all that played at the launch party for supporting the cause!

Who had the high score?

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Who had the high score?

Chris Frame had the highest qualifying score.

Some dude by the name of Bernard won the playoffs Congrats BJ!

#170 7 years ago

Just curious what was the high score? Dream of playing this game still, a dozen games were not enough! Wish I lived closer

#171 7 years ago

250mil ish

I reset the HSTD before bringing it to MGC. When we had it on route for the first month the highest score was 540mil.

In general, 100mil is a solid game, 200mil is a great game, and 500mil is blowing it up so far.

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

250mil ish
I reset the HSTD before bringing it to MGC. When we had it on route for the first month the highest score was 540mil.
In general, 100mil is a solid game, 200mil is a great game, and 500mil is blowing it up so far.

I was pretty excited to get my name on the game my first play You had the tilt pretty tight

#173 7 years ago

Game is going back out to Pooleys after work today (in time for the monthly tourney).

3 months later
#174 7 years ago

Are planning on getting Alien? Don't know if it will be released by then but I'll be back in town in mid November. Looking forward to going to Pooleys again, hopefully I'll remember my Packers shirt this time.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Are planning on getting Alien? Don't know if it will be released by then but I'll be back in town in mid November. Looking forward to going to Pooleys again, hopefully I'll remember my Packers shirt this time.

Only time will tell. I look forward to playing alien at Expo.

#176 7 years ago

DP

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Only time will tell. I look forward to playing alien at Expo.

Off course you will

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Come on up to Gaylord! I was in early on an Alien LE, you can play mine.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Off course you will

yes, but we dont always talk about games we are putting on route until they actually show up

that is part of the fun.

#180 7 years ago

Is there still a Slugfest at Pooley's too?

Quoted from Zampinator:

Come on up to Gaylord! I was in early on an Alien LE, you can play mine.

Sounds like a plan! Did you sell your FT?

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

nope. It is being replaced by an ICB today

#182 7 years ago

That's a shame! Slugfest fit the vibe of that bar so well. Are you selling it by chance?

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

That's a shame! Slugfest fit the vibe of that bar so well. Are you selling it by chance?

sorry, already sold.

As much as it fit the vibe, nobody played it. I think I spent more on baseball cards than what it brought in on coin drop. Seriously, like $10 in 5 months, lol. Made no sense for me to have out a game like that taking up space. I had hoped the kids woudl start playing it with baseball seaons but I think the brewers stink so bad this year, nobody cares about baseball in WI anymore.

Hoping ICB will have a slightly different fate.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Sounds like a plan! Did you sell your FT?

I traded it. The only reason I did, is I am getting a Full Throttle LE kit to go in the Alien cab. That's the beauty of the Heighway system! But I do miss FT a lot! I can't wait to get my Alien & my FT kit!

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I traded it. The only reason I did, is I am getting a Full Throttle LE kit to go in the Alien cab. That's the beauty of the Heighway system! But I do miss FT a lot! I can't wait to get my Alien & my FT kit!

That sounds perfect, I'd love to have the same setup.

Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, already sold.
As much as it fit the vibe, nobody played it. I think I spent more on baseball cards than what it brought in on coin drop. Seriously, like $10 in 5 months, lol. Made no sense for me to have out a game like that taking up space. I had hoped the kids woudl start playing it with baseball seaons but I think the brewers stink so bad this year, nobody cares about baseball in WI anymore.
Hoping ICB will have a slightly different fate.

That's a bummer to hear, my friend and I probably put $10 in that game the one day we were there last fall! Hope FT is doing good for you guys.

4 weeks later
#186 7 years ago

Just a heads-up that Full Throttle has been moved over to Schwoegler's on the west side of Madison. Also, the code has been updated to v1.41 as well.

#187 7 years ago

Sean, how did you get the code? I have been trying for weeks now to get it.
And chance you could send it to me via www.wetransfer.com?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-on-its-way-to-madison-wi/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.