(Topic ID: 37587)

Full Throttle Looking Good!

By mufcmufc

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fullthrottle.png
    RA_on_Track_Pic_2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heighwaypinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 11 years ago

Hi Guys,

There is a nylon flipper infill that sits below the flipper bat and level with the playfield wood surface.

The flipper bat is at the normal height you would expect on most machines

If the ball passes a raised flipper bat, then it will roll over a smooth nylon surface and then through till it drains

Andrew

#23 11 years ago

We are looking to have a launch party towards the end of February in Central London

We are hoping to have 2 pre-production models on display there

#26 11 years ago

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your message. I'm here to answer any questions that Pinsiders may have.

Over the next couple of years we are looking to release a mixture of licensed and unlicensed titles. We have at least 1 more title scheduled for release this year.

Price is due to be revealed within the next 2 weeks, when we will also be launching our website.

We are looking to begin production in April and begin delivering to customers in May.

As our game code is essentially complete now, we are expecting our games to ship out with finished game code - although that's not to say that we won't be doing updates in the future - especially if any bugs materialise over time

As for production numbers? We will be geared up for mass production so we should be able to deal with the market's needs sufficiently

Finally, we are working hard to keep the price down as much as possible. We already have distributers in a number of countries, including the USA - so high shipping costs should not be an issue as distributers import quantities of games

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to answer them

Andrew

#28 11 years ago

I would rather give you a firm price within the next 2 weeks rather than a speculative one now

#38 11 years ago

We have our own custom operating system.

At the moment, we have no plans to make the game code "open source" but that's not to say that we won't look at this in the future

As for Canadian distribution - yes we will have a distributor there by the time we start production

#40 11 years ago

We already have a distributor lined up for the Netherlands, so shipping costs should not be a big issue - ie: the more we send, the cheaper it is to ship each game

Gameplay/modes/depth will all be revealed very shortly

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Bet phill will supply the games is their a chance of some of us British pinheads come down and pick it up direct from you
    Carl(from Cheshire)

We will be distributing our own games in the UK, so that would not be a problem Carl

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This looks very nice congrats on the theme change. Will this be a removable design where an owner can swap the playfield and artwork to have a new game? With space dwindling in my basement one cab with several games I could swap in and out would be great.

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, our games are fully interchangeable. A "Game Unit" consists of a fully populated playfield, backbox translite, side decal translites and game software. Changing a game into an existing cabinet should be a 10-minute job

Each new game unit will come in its own wooden crate, which can either be stored locally (such as under the cabinet) or used to transport the game unit when it is sold on

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

I just don't "get" the artwork or theme for you guys, especially as a launching product. Is stock race motorbiking super popular in the UK? When I read the game title "Full Throttle" I immediately thought of Chopper bikes.

Totally respect your opinion.

The reasoning behind it is that we are trying to get back to basics and introduce a theme that will work well on location - specifically targeting the 16-50 male demographic. Speed, adrenaline, excitement, competition, attractive girls...

Also, we hope we are bringing a relatively new theme to pinball. Bike racing, and even just riding bikes for fun, is massive globally. Yes, there have been a few Harley titles, but other than bike racing being touched on in WMS's No Fear, there hasn't been a title focusing on bike racing in decades

Over time, we will be introducing a range of licensed and unlicensed themes that will target different, and wider, demographics

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Andrew,
    love the theme and look of the playfield. Absolutely adore the carbon-fiber look on the plastics!
    Can you share a little more on how that chain-accelerator lock system works? Will it be like the supercharger loop on HS2?
    Thanks,
    EV

Hi Ev,

Thanks for your comments.

We would rather show you ...

We will be releasing a lot of videos in the coming weeks, showing all of the mechanisms and gameplay

Andrew

1 month later
    #89 11 years ago

Hi Molly,

Please bear in mind that this is only our first game. We currently have another 6 games in development - appealing to a variety of audiences

We will have more news, photos and videos very soon.

Andrew

#92 11 years ago

I agree about the speaker panel - this photo was rushed through for the Vending Times article 4 weeks ago, when the prototype cabinet was being assembled. There is speaker cloth behind the main panel now so you can't see the speaker internals.

RE: pricing, we are waiting for clarification about import taxes into the U.S.A. before we can set a $USD price.

Some major updates are planned for Pingame Journal and Pinball News next week, including pricing info, photos, screen animations, the new website and hopefully some gameplay footage as well

Andrew

#96 11 years ago

Yes, Full Throttle will be at the UK Pinball Party, but it will be ready long before then.

We will still be having a launch party in Central London, once the game is ready

As for the speaker panel - thanks for your comments ... we will take a look at this once the first unit is complete.

Andrew

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heighwaypinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-looking-good?tu=heighwaypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.