(Topic ID: 37587)

Full Throttle Looking Good!

By mufcmufc

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fullthrottle.png
    RA_on_Track_Pic_2.jpg
    There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Totally respect your opinion.
    The reasoning behind it is that we are trying to get back to basics and introduce a theme that will work well on location - specifically targeting the 16-50 male demographic. Speed, adrenaline, excitement, competition, attractive girls...

Banzai Run is moto theme and it's flippin fantasitc.. the game looks great and crossed ramps are the coolest!

#52 11 years ago

Totally respect your opinion.
    The reasoning behind it is that we are trying to get back to basics and introduce a theme that will work well on location - specifically targeting the 16-50 male demographic. Speed, adrenaline, excitement, competition, attractive girls...
    Also, we hope we are bringing a relatively new theme to pinball. Bike racing, and even just riding bikes for fun, is massive globally. Yes, there have been a few Harley titles, but other than bike racing being touched on in WMS's No Fear, there hasn't been a title focusing on bike racing in decades
    Over time, we will be introducing a range of licensed and unlicensed themes that will target different, and wider, demographics

Sportbikes and Pinball are my two favorite hobbies. Hot chicks are cool too!
    Looking forward to seeing more.
    I think you're going to sell a lot of these.

#53 11 years ago

I'm so looking forward to seeing Full Throttle in Feb. May even travel to London for the event!

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jumbosinbad360:

I'm so looking forward to seeing Full Throttle in Feb. May even travel to London for the event!

As mentioned in another post, our local coaster capital of the world, Magic Mountain is building a new coaster called Full Throttle too! I can't wait to try them both. Pedal to the medal works for me!

#55 11 years ago

This is looking sweet. Love the ramps and the pop-ups. Im running out of room so I personally want to thank for creating a platform that allows us to swap out games and save on space. I wish you all the best and look forward to many years of enjoying your creations.

#56 11 years ago

Dear HeighwayPinball,

The article in PinballNews mentioned you would show the machine in France. Any idea when/where ?

The swap concept is cool.

#57 11 years ago

Never heard of this title before, but did anyone else see the topic and think (hope?) that it was based on the old pc game?

fullthrottle.pngfullthrottle.png

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Dear HeighwayPinball,
    The article in PinballNews mentioned you would show the machine in France. Any idea when/where ?
    The swap concept is cool.

I believe they will be at Le Treport in March

#59 11 years ago

That is exactly what I thought haha. Any of those classic LucasArts games would make for a brilliant pinball theme. If only...

#60 11 years ago

Maniac Mansion Multiball!!

#61 11 years ago

Heck I thought full throttle was an energy drink. Seriously. Happy to be wrong.

#62 11 years ago

Yes I would of been awesome if it was based on the video game but sadly its not

#63 11 years ago

I don't know if the layout is a definite version, or that it will be tested first, but here are some of my thoughts:

- I like the shot-layout: 7 main shots: 4 loop-shots (one of which quite original), 2 ramps, scoop. : quite a lot for a 2 flipper game (comparison: i.e. IM has 6 plus standups with magnet, ACDC has 5 plus droptargets, Transformer has 7 shots)
    - Besides those 7 shots: a captive ball and 8 standup-targets
    - I like the possibility of looping or stopping the ball (above pops or above accelerator) just like in a lot of other games: it gives you more than 7 possible shots (though the entrance is the same, the outcome is different)
    - The return of the subway is nice
    - If the underplayfield-switches work well (RFM don't always, I'm not sure how Canasta is holding up?), I think that's an improvement: it saves damage of the playfield and is easier to keep clean.
    - I really like the idea of multiple playfields with one cabinet
    - I don't care for the 'easy to replace flippers', but I'm not an operator :p
    - I kinda miss the shooter rodd, though I can imagine an autoshooter is easier than a combined shooter.
    - I really like the placement of the screen: that'll make it easier for a player to folow. I think CV was a big improvement over other games: I notice the animations more often there during play!
    - The wheels kinda 'change' the layout during the game: some shots are blocked and it'll give randomness. I hope they're not used too often or too long though.
    - I do worry a little about wear around the spinning wheels, flippers and scoop, but maybe that's solved somehow (how's that done in CV? I think wear there is not that bad on the games I've seen). Maybe there'll be some sort of cliffy/protector for the scoop? And if the flipper-nylon is not lower than the wood (maybe just a tiny bit higher) I don't think that'll really wear?
    - I think I'd like the exits from the pops to the playfield, not one to the playfield and the other to the scoop. If the scoop were lower, that could be done, but that'd not fit with the inserts I think.
    - I think I'll like the accelerator! Wonder how it'll fit into gameplay.

Rules sounds nice, though you can't really tell till you've seen how it all turns out to be programmed (variety in modes/shots, not too easy (adjustable?), etc). Linking challenges together sounds good though.

Lightning, sounds and animations are yet unknown as well.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see ....

#64 11 years ago

induction based switches!!!! That is what makes this game cool. If they work like they are supposed to, it could be a big step forward IMHO.

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from sven:

I don't know if the layout is a definite version, or that it will be tested first, but here are some of my thoughts:- I like the shot-layout: 7 main shots: 4 loop-shots (one of which quite original), 2 ramps, scoop. : quite a lot for a 2 flipper game (comparison: i.e. IM has 6 plus standups with magnet, ACDC has 5 plus droptargets, Transformer has 7 shots)- Besides those 7 shots: a captive ball and 8 standup-targets- I like the possibility of looping or stopping the ball (above pops or above accelerator) just like in a lot of other games: it gives you more than 7 possible shots (though the entrance is the same, the outcome is different)- The return of the subway is nice- If the underplayfield-switches work well (RFM don't always, I'm not sure how Canasta is holding up?), I think that's an improvement: it saves damage of the playfield and is easier to keep clean.- I really like the idea of multiple playfields with one cabinet- I don't care for the 'easy to replace flippers', but I'm not an operator :p- I kinda miss the shooter rodd, though I can imagine an autoshooter is easier than a combined shooter.- I really like the placement of the screen: that'll make it easier for a player to folow. I think CV was a big improvement over other games: I notice the animations more often there during play!- The wheels kinda 'change' the layout during the game: some shots are blocked and it'll give randomness. I hope they're not used too often or too long though.- I do worry a little about wear around the spinning wheels, flippers and scoop, but maybe that's solved somehow (how's that done in CV? I think wear there is not that bad on the games I've seen). Maybe there'll be some sort of cliffy/protector for the scoop? And if the flipper-nylon is not lower than the wood (maybe just a tiny bit higher) I don't think that'll really wear?- I think I'd like the exits from the pops to the playfield, not one to the playfield and the other to the scoop. If the scoop were lower, that could be done, but that'd not fit with the inserts I think.- I think I'll like the accelerator! Wonder how it'll fit into gameplay.Rules sounds nice, though you can't really tell till you've seen how it all turns out to be programmed (variety in modes/shots, not too easy (adjustable?), etc). Linking challenges together sounds good though.Lightning, sounds and animations are yet unknown as well.Well, we'll just have to wait and see ....

Great personal review

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Never heard of this title before, but did anyone else see the topic and think (hope?) that it was based on the old pc game?

I did. SCUMM for the win. One of Lucas Arts Best ever. Ashame the 2nd one got canned.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Unfortunately yes! LOL Great Lucas Arts Games IP. Good luck with this project.

#68 11 years ago

wow this looks amazing! it will be a hit for sure!
    a very probably buy....

#69 11 years ago

Wow, with how much I stalk these boards I can't believe I missed this. Looks like a super cool project. Good luck and I hope to be playing one of these soon!

#70 11 years ago

This looks like a fun game to route

#71 11 years ago

I haven't really browsed the Pinside threads much up till now - as layout designer, I'm glad people are giving the thumbs-up to the shots. This is always my intention with every design - give the player some great flow in a manner that hasn't been seen too many times before, with something different in every game.

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

induction based switches!!!! That is what makes this game cool. If they work like they are supposed to, it could be a big step forward IMHO.

Marsaplay did them a few years ago:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/newcanasta/index.html

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

Unfortunately yes! LOL Great Lucas Arts Games IP. Good luck with this project.

They did Gladius on xbox - MEGA game

1 month later
    #75 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I loved the hell out of that game. I must be an uber nerd with you, that's the first thing I thought of.

#76 11 years ago

Looks like it could be really fun, and I love the LCD-in-the-playfield design ...but man, they have to hire a better artist. Oooooppphhh!!!!

#77 11 years ago

Weren't they supposed to be shipping by March or something? Yeah, the artwork could use some work! Always good to see new folks in Pinball.

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Yup, this game kicks a#*!

#79 11 years ago

Lucas Arts Full Throttle was AWESOME!!!!!!!! *And yes, I was HOPING that was the theme, lol*

#80 11 years ago

Speaking of Full Throttle, look what we're gonna ride when it opens!

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Did you guys see this article with photos of the cabinet and translite?

Yes. They need to hire a new artist and replace that art, pronto!

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes. They need to hire a new artist and replace that art, pronto!

I think the design is actually great
    There next game may be better who knows

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Speaking of Full Throttle, look what we're gonna ride when it opens!
    » YouTube video

Nice. I wish that Six Flaggs wasn't in LA but I'll add that one to my list of future rides.

The translite artwork leaves me a bit, meh, also. But its nothing we home hobbiests can't cure ourselves with an alternative. - Game play and toys look fabulous on this machine.

Kim

#85 11 years ago

Any update on this project? I thought we were going to see some real playfield pics by now.

#86 11 years ago

Gameplay looks cool but that artwork is the hurt.

I wish they had done their first theme, maybe one day.

#87 11 years ago

I think the layout looks cool indeed. I like the artwork on the playfield. The cabinet I like a bit less though (but to me that's less important). I do however really like the idea of having multiple playfields with one cabinet to save space!

Indeed there was supposed to be some updates/pics/vids by now, but I suppose it's easy to be too optimistic about when you can have a protoype-game finished and you want to think twice before sending a 'first impression' to the world (/pinball community). It's not hard to have some delays: all sorts of factors to be accounted with (suppliers of parts need to deliver in time, a part or PCB doesn't work as well as thought while designing it, people don't really like (parts of) the art so you're thinking of changing some of it before releasing a video, etc, etc.... I'm sure Jack (JJP) and others can confirm that there can be a lot of 'mischance' during the process).

Though I'd like to see some pics and video's too, I guess we'll just have to be patient.

#88 11 years ago

Oh yay pinball for guys! Interesting that that's the one facet you are keeping old-school, amidst all the forward thinking design.

#89 11 years ago

Hi Molly,

Please bear in mind that this is only our first game. We currently have another 6 games in development - appealing to a variety of audiences

We will have more news, photos and videos very soon.

Andrew

#90 11 years ago

Motor cycle themed pinball... Must have!

#91 11 years ago

That speaker panel is really fugly.......game looks cool though? Any pricing updates?

#92 11 years ago

I agree about the speaker panel - this photo was rushed through for the Vending Times article 4 weeks ago, when the prototype cabinet was being assembled. There is speaker cloth behind the main panel now so you can't see the speaker internals.

RE: pricing, we are waiting for clarification about import taxes into the U.S.A. before we can set a $USD price.

Some major updates are planned for Pingame Journal and Pinball News next week, including pricing info, photos, screen animations, the new website and hopefully some gameplay footage as well

Andrew

#93 11 years ago

Would we be able to test it out at UKPP2013

#94 11 years ago

all new images? all new cabinet?

I agree about the speaker panel - this photo was rushed through for the Vending Times article 4 weeks ago, when the prototype cabinet was being assembled. There is speaker cloth behind the main panel now so you can't see the speaker internals.
    RE: pricing, we are waiting for clarification about import taxes into the U.S.A. before we can set a $USD price.
    Some major updates are planned for Pingame Journal and Pinball News next week, including pricing info, photos, screen animations, the new website and hopefully some gameplay footage as well
    Andrew

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

all new images? all new cabinet?

For me there's no need for 'all new images'(I like the playfield i.e.), but I could see that if the speakerpanel would have some colour instead of pure black, it would improve. Maybe some metal-colour lines on it?

#96 11 years ago

Yes, Full Throttle will be at the UK Pinball Party, but it will be ready long before then.

We will still be having a launch party in Central London, once the game is ready

As for the speaker panel - thanks for your comments ... we will take a look at this once the first unit is complete.

Andrew

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-looking-good/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.