I don't know if the layout is a definite version, or that it will be tested first, but here are some of my thoughts:
- I like the shot-layout: 7 main shots: 4 loop-shots (one of which quite original), 2 ramps, scoop. : quite a lot for a 2 flipper game (comparison: i.e. IM has 6 plus standups with magnet, ACDC has 5 plus droptargets, Transformer has 7 shots)
- Besides those 7 shots: a captive ball and 8 standup-targets
- I like the possibility of looping or stopping the ball (above pops or above accelerator) just like in a lot of other games: it gives you more than 7 possible shots (though the entrance is the same, the outcome is different)
- The return of the subway is nice
- If the underplayfield-switches work well (RFM don't always, I'm not sure how Canasta is holding up?), I think that's an improvement: it saves damage of the playfield and is easier to keep clean.
- I really like the idea of multiple playfields with one cabinet
- I don't care for the 'easy to replace flippers', but I'm not an operator :p
- I kinda miss the shooter rodd, though I can imagine an autoshooter is easier than a combined shooter.
- I really like the placement of the screen: that'll make it easier for a player to folow. I think CV was a big improvement over other games: I notice the animations more often there during play!
- The wheels kinda 'change' the layout during the game: some shots are blocked and it'll give randomness. I hope they're not used too often or too long though.
- I do worry a little about wear around the spinning wheels, flippers and scoop, but maybe that's solved somehow (how's that done in CV? I think wear there is not that bad on the games I've seen). Maybe there'll be some sort of cliffy/protector for the scoop? And if the flipper-nylon is not lower than the wood (maybe just a tiny bit higher) I don't think that'll really wear?
- I think I'd like the exits from the pops to the playfield, not one to the playfield and the other to the scoop. If the scoop were lower, that could be done, but that'd not fit with the inserts I think.
- I think I'll like the accelerator! Wonder how it'll fit into gameplay.
Rules sounds nice, though you can't really tell till you've seen how it all turns out to be programmed (variety in modes/shots, not too easy (adjustable?), etc). Linking challenges together sounds good though.
Lightning, sounds and animations are yet unknown as well.
Well, we'll just have to wait and see ....