(Topic ID: 37587)

Full Throttle Looking Good!

By mufcmufc

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fullthrottle.png
    RA_on_Track_Pic_2.jpg
    There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Just read this update on pinball news http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index4.html
    I haven't seen the translite for the game but that is apparently really nice. Looks like it's starting to come together for them.

#2 11 years ago

Boy does that look fast. I'd really like to play that if it ever becomes a reality.

#3 11 years ago

Hope they make this happen. It looks cool.

#4 11 years ago

I think he's planning a launch event in the near future, guess we'll find out then how it flips

#5 11 years ago

That game looks to have some cool shots. I like the look of the lane that goes under the right ramp and comes all the way around to the left in lane - cool idea.

#6 11 years ago

Yeah, this is looking good. Seems like alot of toys on this thing!

#7 11 years ago

Looks like a nice playfield design with a ton of flow. I would definitely like to play this game!

#8 11 years ago

Most prob I will be playing one this year at the uk pinball party which Andrew hieghway runs the show would be great if some pinsiders come along

#9 11 years ago

Is there a website with ordering or pricing information?

#10 11 years ago

Its coming along nicely, will be interesting to see some play footage. I would assume that it will have great flow and lots of speed with a name like Full Thottle.

#11 11 years ago

That looks really, really awesome. I love the popup pop bumpers.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

would like to know too.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/

Coming soon...

#14 11 years ago

Are the flippers pop ups as well? Why the cut outs for them on the playfield?

#15 11 years ago

the flipper mechs fit as a complete unit from below. No more fumbling with the flipper bats from above. Bolt the unit in place and you're done.

Quoted from roc-noc:

Are the flippers pop ups as well? Why the cut outs for them on the playfield?

#16 11 years ago

I like the PF design as well. Keep making more pins good for all.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

the flipper mechs fit as a complete unit from below. No more fumbling with the flipper bats from above. Bolt the unit in place and you're done.

Well lets see how it turns out hope I get to to see it at this years uk pinball party. What about a zombie invasion theme

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

Full Throttle Flipper-Hole Cliffy coming soon.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

LOL

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

That was my first thought, isn't fast ball with an angle going to pass a raised bat and crash into the wood edge? Not sure thats such a good idea. Even if it's built up with wood attached to the flipper mech that's still an edge to wear from.

#21 11 years ago

Hi Guys,

There is a nylon flipper infill that sits below the flipper bat and level with the playfield wood surface.

The flipper bat is at the normal height you would expect on most machines

If the ball passes a raised flipper bat, then it will roll over a smooth nylon surface and then through till it drains

Andrew

#22 11 years ago

When is the next time we might see a prototype running somewhere in the UK? It does look like a good layout, reminds me of Radical.

I think I'd probably put a touch of mylar under the flippers, on the lower edge of the hole. Even if level there's still a transition between the plastic and the painted wood.

#23 11 years ago

We are looking to have a launch party towards the end of February in Central London

We are hoping to have 2 pre-production models on display there

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

When is the next time we might see a prototype running somewhere in the UK? It does look like a good layout, reminds me of Radical.
    I think I'd probably put a touch of mylar under the flippers, on the lower edge of the hole. Even if level there's still a transition between the plastic and the painted wood.

You wouldn't want to do that. What happens when you need to lower the flupper mech into the cabinet?

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi Guys,
    There is a nylon flipper infill that sits below the flipper bat and level with the playfield wood surface.
    The flipper bat is at the normal height you would expect on most machines
    If the ball passes a raised flipper bat, then it will roll over a smooth nylon surface and then through till it drains
    Andrew

Andrew

The theme change and new information I've learned today has made me a strong potential buyer. Very strong and I wasn't before.

I look forward to knowing price, production numbers, game play code and approximate completion date. I will happily wait for your website to get up and running.

I also appreciate your presence on Pinside so that we might learn about the people that are building this machine and the company.

Best regards,

Kim

#26 11 years ago

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your message. I'm here to answer any questions that Pinsiders may have.

Over the next couple of years we are looking to release a mixture of licensed and unlicensed titles. We have at least 1 more title scheduled for release this year.

Price is due to be revealed within the next 2 weeks, when we will also be launching our website.

We are looking to begin production in April and begin delivering to customers in May.

As our game code is essentially complete now, we are expecting our games to ship out with finished game code - although that's not to say that we won't be doing updates in the future - especially if any bugs materialise over time

As for production numbers? We will be geared up for mass production so we should be able to deal with the market's needs sufficiently

Finally, we are working hard to keep the price down as much as possible. We already have distributers in a number of countries, including the USA - so high shipping costs should not be an issue as distributers import quantities of games

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to answer them

Andrew

#27 11 years ago

Estimated price? Just a ballpark would be great.

#28 11 years ago

I would rather give you a firm price within the next 2 weeks rather than a speculative one now

#29 11 years ago

Truly revolutionary! Maybe some more competition is what this industry needs for everyone to step up their game! Or should I just say that looks niiiice!!

#30 11 years ago

I would rather give you a firm price within the next 2 weeks rather than a speculative one now

Fair enough. Looking forward to checking this one out more. Very promising looking so far!

#31 11 years ago

I think the playfield looks great. I'll eagerly wait till the end of februari for a gameplayvideo .

#32 11 years ago

Never bought a nib before maybe as I live in the uk full throttle may be one. We are all here on pinside to give you ideas on your next theme and what people in this particular market are after for.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

You wouldn't want to do that. What happens when you need to lower the flupper mech into the cabinet?

By under I meant further down, right along the edge where they meet. I'd use that removeable 'stealth mylar' stuff. Had a few bits of that on my Tron, comes off just as easily as it's supposed to if applied post-waxing.

I'm glad someone is making unlicensed games again!

#34 11 years ago

Is there any chance you would release the game code as opensource? It would be a lot of fun to write a custom ROM for a pinball game and I think the only chance I would have to do that might be with an independent release like this!

#35 11 years ago

Distributors in Toronto, Ontario, Canada?

#36 11 years ago

what is the operating system? your own, pinterface, proc or other ?

#37 11 years ago

Cant wait to see the first WELSH pinballs made

poibug (from North Wales)

#38 11 years ago

We have our own custom operating system.

At the moment, we have no plans to make the game code "open source" but that's not to say that we won't look at this in the future

As for Canadian distribution - yes we will have a distributor there by the time we start production

#39 11 years ago

There are now some rendered pictures of the cabinet as well (same link as in the first post).

I'm curious about gameplay/modes/depth and about the price of the full games and of loose playfields. I suppose pricing in the Netherlands doesn't have to be much higher than in the UK (unlike USA and the Netherlands, where the price difference is quite large).
    Well, I could always import one myself if that doesn't turn out to be true .

#40 11 years ago

We already have a distributor lined up for the Netherlands, so shipping costs should not be a big issue - ie: the more we send, the cheaper it is to ship each game

Gameplay/modes/depth will all be revealed very shortly

#41 11 years ago

We already have a distributor lined up for the Netherlands, so shipping costs should not be a big issue - ie: the more we send, the cheaper it is to ship each game
    Gameplay/modes/depth will all be revealed very shortly

Bet phill will supply the games is their a chance of some of us British pinheads come down and pick it up direct from you

Carl(from Cheshire)

#42 11 years ago

This looks very nice congrats on the theme change. Will this be a removable design where an owner can swap the playfield and artwork to have a new game? With space dwindling in my basement one cab with several games I could swap in and out would be great.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Bet phill will supply the games is their a chance of some of us British pinheads come down and pick it up direct from you
    Carl(from Cheshire)

We will be distributing our own games in the UK, so that would not be a problem Carl

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This looks very nice congrats on the theme change. Will this be a removable design where an owner can swap the playfield and artwork to have a new game? With space dwindling in my basement one cab with several games I could swap in and out would be great.

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, our games are fully interchangeable. A "Game Unit" consists of a fully populated playfield, backbox translite, side decal translites and game software. Changing a game into an existing cabinet should be a 10-minute job

Each new game unit will come in its own wooden crate, which can either be stored locally (such as under the cabinet) or used to transport the game unit when it is sold on

#45 11 years ago

I just don't "get" the artwork or theme for you guys, especially as a launching product. Is stock race motorbiking super popular in the UK? When I read the game title "Full Throttle" I immediately thought of Chopper bikes.

#46 11 years ago

Andrew,

love the theme and look of the playfield. Absolutely adore the carbon-fiber look on the plastics!

Can you share a little more on how that chain-accelerator lock system works? Will it be like the supercharger loop on HS2?

Thanks,
    EV

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

I just don't "get" the artwork or theme for you guys, especially as a launching product. Is stock race motorbiking super popular in the UK? When I read the game title "Full Throttle" I immediately thought of Chopper bikes.

Totally respect your opinion.

The reasoning behind it is that we are trying to get back to basics and introduce a theme that will work well on location - specifically targeting the 16-50 male demographic. Speed, adrenaline, excitement, competition, attractive girls...

Also, we hope we are bringing a relatively new theme to pinball. Bike racing, and even just riding bikes for fun, is massive globally. Yes, there have been a few Harley titles, but other than bike racing being touched on in WMS's No Fear, there hasn't been a title focusing on bike racing in decades

Over time, we will be introducing a range of licensed and unlicensed themes that will target different, and wider, demographics

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Andrew,
    love the theme and look of the playfield. Absolutely adore the carbon-fiber look on the plastics!
    Can you share a little more on how that chain-accelerator lock system works? Will it be like the supercharger loop on HS2?
    Thanks,
    EV

Hi Ev,

We would rather show you ...

We will be releasing a lot of videos in the coming weeks, showing all of the mechanisms and gameplay

Andrew

#49 11 years ago

Hi Ev,
    We would rather show you ...
    We will be releasing a lot of videos in the coming weeks, showing all of the mechanisms and gameplay
    Andrew

Great looking forward to it. I think heighway pinball has something stern doesn't ingenious ideas breaking the boundaries of pinball trying new ideas every step of the way

#50 11 years ago

The reasoning behind it is that we are trying to get back to basics and introduce a theme that will work well on location - specifically targeting the 16-50 male demographic. Speed, adrenaline, excitement, competition, attractive girls...
    Also, we hope we are bringing a relatively new theme to pinball. Bike racing, and even just riding bikes for fun, is massive globally. Yes, there have been a few Harley titles, but other than bike racing being touched on in WMS's No Fear, there hasn't been a title focusing on bike racing in decades.

Very sound reasoning. You've already got a couple of potential customers here....

RA_on_Track_Pic_2.jpgRA_on_Track_Pic_2.jpg

That's me (right) and my brother (left) heading into turn #5 at Road America.

Later,
    EV

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-looking-good/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.