Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinChatt
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Today I updated the game code to 1.2 from 1.0 on this game which I have had for less than a week. Anyhow, when updating I/O board 1 - the whole thing froze up and I had no choice but to power cycle.

When the game booted I found it would not recognize that I/O board any more. The amber warning LED blinks and the reset button does not reset it like it does on the other 3 I/O's. It does not have the 70&12V LED either.

I moved the I/O to another location and the fault followed.

Has anybody experienced this sort of fault with an I/O? Can it be fixed/flashed?

I have emailed Heighway but the more information I can glean on the technical marvel of a game, the better.

#2 8 years ago

Hi Shaneo

Have you got the red IO boards? I assume this is a Cointaker supplied machine?

Our last batch of red io boards have a small problem. Cointaker will have replacements within the next week.

Please try swopping the problem board with the cabinet IO board and see if this makes a difference.

Please connect directly with our service manager, Henry, at [email protected]

#3 8 years ago

Next to the USB connector on the IO board there is a communication LED that flashes to show communication. are you getting communication? Can you update the io board in a different location?

#4 8 years ago

Thank you - the boards are Green and marked IOBoard 1.3
The game was purchased from Zax Amusements Melbourne Australia last week. s/n is 20.

I swapped the board with the one in the cab and then I had no coin door button input and also with IO2 and no lamps/switches/coils.

System message is IO1 or 2 - wherever it is states IO* not found.
In the IO test it states IO* not detected.

The amber warning led constantly flashes. The 12 and 70 LED's do not come on.
I have been in touch with the very helpful Henry and will follow this up with him.

Again, thank you for your prompt help and I'm sure we can get this sorted pretty quick.

#5 8 years ago

I am away until Thursday but Henry will pick this up on Monday.

Please check the primary fuse. F1 I believe. This may have blown. Earlier power boards were under fused. More recent ones mistakenly had fast blo instead of slo blo - a fault from our manufacturer

Email me at [email protected] and I will send you some service bulletins that I have

#6 8 years ago

Sure a mass of naysayers will attack this problem on a new game and new manufacturer, however I'm impressed the heighway is spot on helping this gentleman with his problem, so quickly !
They are machines and things go wrong! But that's great service
Kooodooos !

#7 8 years ago

I would call the distributor you bought it from
Under warranty and he made money for nothing if he doesn't support the product

You shouldn't have to go to the uk to get it fixed

3 weeks later
#8 7 years ago

Agreed W, but it was easier and quicker dealing with the good folks at Heighway.

I shipped the faulty PCB to the UK and a replacement arrived today. About 14 days all up. I'm impressed.

Good job Henry and Janos.

8 months later
#10 7 years ago

Just upgraded to 1.41 from 1.2 and I had the exactly the same thing happen to me. All fuses are good. Getting a red warning light on one board. Have one of the first 24 made.

1 year later
#11 5 years ago

I have the same problem with one of my IO boards on Full Throttle. I was updating the IO boards. All went well except for one. The machine froze up while trying to update the board. Now it is not recognized and has a blinking amber LED. Has anyone found a solution for this problem other than replacing the board?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-io-board-stuck-not-recognized-by-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.