(Topic ID: 136898)

Full Throttle in the Mother F'n House!!!!!

By frolic

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_DSC0065.jpg
image.jpg
NITRO_pinball-8x3banner.png
image.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
20150806_192034.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 8 years ago

Awesome, congrats and thanks for sharing.

Have to admit the rails for the new system look awkward, but obviously there is a big benefit, especially to operators, with the hinged system. Im guessing its just a matter of what you're used to...interested to hear OP's thoughts on this.

Are the dimensions of the actual PF/cabinet the same as a Williams wide body? With the narrow back box, does it give you more visible area?

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There is also no solder, everything I've seen uses connectors, plug and play.

This is a fantastic idea - not sure why it isn't done on all machines (guessing there might be a reliability concern). I have an ex routed Indy that was obviously looked after by the operator. He had converted all the solder connectors to "plug and play", except for the flippers. Makes it a lot easier to maintain (and restore).

#111 8 years ago

Is the PF glass standard wide body glass? Can you remove it from the bezel?

With the extra width (due to the bezel) does it feel too wide ie. wider than TZ for example?

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

done!

My first impressions are very good. ACDC has very complex nuanced rules that takes the risk/reward concept to the extreme, so I can't compare on that level yet since i don't understand Full Throttle's rules yet, but it shoots as well as any of the best Sterns. So rules can always be expanded on later. The rules as I understand them so far are good and intuitive.

Would you say the rules are "deep"?

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm sure there is strategy I don't understand but would not describe the game as deep. It is a fast playing game with short ball times. It isn't about starting a mode that unlocks another mode and goes on some big journey.

So more focused on the flow and fast gameplay.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There are 7 countries to race in and 5 race modes. There's a main multiball and a high octane mode. I think there are 2 wizard modes. The 5 race modes are all multiballs and do stack. It is more Tron than Lord of the Rings.

Sounds like plenty to do. Need to play one...the local importer has just received a demo model. May need to make a flight down there and check it out

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Yeah, how good is that! This machine looks solid and fun. Great to now have the option to purchase Alien locally. Dutch Pinball need an Aussie distributor for when they start producing Lebowski.

Wonder how the pricing will be.....oh, just checked their website...$10500. Thats not bad. Thought it was going to be higher than that.

Lebowski is a definite for me. Not really too fussed if there is no distributor - ill bring one in myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-in-the-mother-fn-house?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.