(Topic ID: 136898)

Full Throttle in the Mother F'n House!!!!!

By frolic

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_DSC0065.jpg
image.jpg
NITRO_pinball-8x3banner.png
image.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
20150806_192034.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Does the backbox display always mirror the playfield one?

For now, yes. My understanding it is a software thing, and it was an 11th hour addition to the platform. For now it helps spectators and if you look up out of habit.

#102 8 years ago

Hey Frolic how much was shipping to Canada in Can $$$? Any extra duty fees?

Congratulations on the pin, the tech looks amazing!

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey Frolic how much was shipping to Canada in Can $$$? Any extra duty fees?
Congratulations on the pin, the tech looks amazing!

I paid extra for direct air freight because I wanted to be first. In the future I know Heighway will be sending containers of games, and Nitro will be arranging shipment in Canada so it should be cheaper and I can't really say what that price will be.

I can say though, that I only had to pay HST on it. There were no extra duty charges.

#104 8 years ago

Here's the best part of it

20150806_192034.jpg20150806_192034.jpg

#105 8 years ago

Best Picture! Congrats!

#106 8 years ago

Nice, enjoy. It was so bland with no display at the back and crap to spectate without.

#107 8 years ago

Congratulations on a very fast machine. That has to be the biggest ramp assembly I've ever seen.

#108 8 years ago

This single thread by itself has me re-considering Alien(s). To see a game in someone's home is a HUGE milestone for HP. Well done!

#109 8 years ago

Congrats Frolic and thanks for sharing all this. Game looks really nice, congrats!

#110 8 years ago

Thanks so much for posting and for your early insight into the game. Really appreciate the time you took.
Great pix and i must say having not seen one and probably not a fan of the theme i feel this could propel Alien sales as that lit up cabinet looks the goods.
Well done Frolic and little Frolic as well.

#111 8 years ago

Is the PF glass standard wide body glass? Can you remove it from the bezel?

With the extra width (due to the bezel) does it feel too wide ie. wider than TZ for example?

#112 8 years ago

This will become a classic. Perfect for Heighway's first pin. And some of us actually like the theme! Order placed.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

With the extra width (due to the bezel) does it feel too wide ie. wider than TZ for example?

It is standard wide body size glass.

#114 8 years ago

How much was shipping on this? Looks very cool! Enjoy!

#115 8 years ago

From one Frohlich to another Frolic enjoy the game!

#116 8 years ago

Very cool game...awesome that someone finally has one on this continent!! I like the backlit side cab artwork. I don't care if it's not set on free play...I'm on my way to Toronto right now with a spring water jug full of quarters...LOL. Just leave a cot and a pillow next to the game

#117 8 years ago

The sidelit art is bad ass. I'm crazy jealous of the people who saw the sneak peek of the beta Alien art at the UK party, but they sent me a video of a walk around, and it's really amazing how it pops. Let's just say that if you had say a starscape that it looks really sweet with the stars being lit ...

#118 8 years ago

I really, really like the side lit art, and back box screen....thank you very much Frolic for early posts, and enjoy!!! Can't wait to see more....

#119 8 years ago

Played this pin alot at pintastic and its a really awesome pin and im super critical of what I like

#120 8 years ago

Congrats, Frolic!! Looks awesome!

#121 8 years ago

A few more fast thoughts. I won't "review" the game till I've had more time, but I've played a bunch of games now.

-I had some new silverjets that I put in the game, not knowing there was a magnet in the game. Sure enough, the balls got magnetized and I was getting odd behavior. After tracing the issue, it came back to the pinballs and I put their supplied pinballs in. The game has a magnet lock that I guess is very powerful, since it didn't take long for the balls to cause trouble.

-I'm told the airballs were bad before. Having not played it, I can't compare, but I've had very few air balls, so the new posts seem to be doing their job. To me the ball is no more wild than say on Star Trek, another super fast game.

-The shots are all very smooth. The game flows like water. There is a super skill shot, that begins with hitting the start button in the orange rev zone, which drops the orbit post, sending the ball through the orbit and to your left flipper, then you must hit some lit shots and collect 1 to 3 million points, and you watch the ball just rocket around the playfield. Very satisfying.

-Game ships with super bands.

-Game boots very quick

-Lots of modes and races but I don't really know what I'm doing yet. There is some sort of quick instant street race multiball that is fun because it starts out of the blue.

-I spotted a wifi antenna in the cabinet, but not turned on yet in software as far as I know.

-Flippers "feel" real good.

-A few odd QA issues, like a post that was loose, a few other screws that needed tightening, a hand smudge print on the playfield LCD, under the clear, which I imagine I'll have to remove the LCD to wipe away.

-The left outlane loop doesn't reliably feed the ball to the left flipper, sometimes drains by bouncing the ball, but I'm confident that can be adjusted till we get it reliable.

Overall I am very happy with it. The game is fast and fun, different than any of my other games, and a big deal for pinball to have a new company successfully deliver product to end customers. A great day.

#122 8 years ago

Frolic what fuse blew so I can order some to have in case .
Thanks
Ps paid customs today so soon...

#123 8 years ago

Being there today and seeing and playing it in person . It is a very finely finished machine with quality being top notch , The small glitches can be expected with the very first publicly sold Full Throttle pinball machine and have not doubt that Andrew and his team will not rest till perfection is achieved .

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thanks

It was a 3A mini slow blo. No trouble since, probably 50 games later.

#125 8 years ago

Nice to see it come with coin mechs and colorized displays

#126 8 years ago

So Awesome !

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

-I spotted a wifi antenna in the cabinet, but not turned on yet in software as far as I know.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thanks

Ill be down when u receive it since I was planning a trip anyhow

#129 8 years ago

I just confirmed you can back flip both ramps. Left ramp can be back flipped from cradled left flipper. and also same for right flipper and right ramp.

#130 8 years ago

Frolic, congrats on your new game, it looks great. All I have to say is you look nothing like your avatar.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I just confirmed you can back flip both ramps. Left ramp can be back flipped from cradled left flipper. and also same for right flipper and right ramp.

The flow geometry in Alien will be guided by the same hand, FWIW.

I'm an Alien booster! Everyone should buy one!! But I really hope Full Throttle does well. Original theme, real build quality, innovative and new ideas ... Isn't this what we've asking for?

Even if you're not big on Motorcycle Racing, I'm not, it's inoffensive and fun, and with original hand drawn art it's not commercial feeling. It's like the days of Blackwater 100 and High Speed.

Just, if you buy one, get an Alien kit for it.

#132 8 years ago

What great features. I love the lift glass feature. Why has no one else done this? That would make it so easy for quick cleaning and adjustments which is pretty common. I also love the backbox being empty and easily removed. That just makes sense especially for guys trying to get games up and down stairs. Game play looks pretty good, too.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What great features. I love the lift glass feature. Why has no one else done this? That would make it so easy for quick cleaning and adjustments which is pretty common. I also love the backbox being empty and easily removed. That just makes sense especially for guys trying to get games up and down stairs. Game play looks pretty good, too.

Reminds me of the framed glass in my 1950 Winner one-ball. Very handy. Also very heavy. http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2797&picno=57156

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I have to say, removable heads are awesome. I love moving EMs because of that. So much easier. And you can fit them in smaller vehicles. I put a Sky Jump into a Honda Fit no problem!

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

So great to see so many manufacturers producing games!

Best thing said yet. Congrats frolic on being the first. Go heighway pinball look forward to playing it at expo

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What great features. I love the lift glass feature. Why has no one else done this? That would make it so easy for quick cleaning and adjustments which is pretty common.

Bally did the one piece lift-glass in the frame on some of their older EM's also. I have a Bally Big Show EM that has that glass, as did my Royal Flush. They are very heavy with the siderails, glass and lockdown bar all in one piece, and I will say a bit of a pain in the ass when you need to switch out the PF glass. Good for a quick fix on the PF, but you have to remove fully when lifting the PF to work underneath. Luckily, they were just hinged and pulled right off, no fasteners.

If FT has that type of glass, definitely a cool feature for a quick fix or when the ball's stuck somewhere. Congrats again Frolic. I can't wait to play one.

#137 8 years ago

Can't wait to play/see at Expo! Congrats.

#138 8 years ago

Yo Frolic, nice to see your the first and giving everyone some really good first hand info and experience. Looks like a fun game and everything new takes time to get use too. Just glad they have done something different and done it in a very attractive way. Looking forward to many more tittles from Highway!

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Bally did the one piece lift-glass in the frame on some of their older EM's also. I have a Bally Big Show EM that has that glass, as did my Royal Flush. They are very heavy with the siderails, glass and lockdown bar all in one piece, and I will say a bit of a pain in the ass when you need to switch out the PF glass. Good for a quick fix on the PF, but you have to remove fully when lifting the PF to work underneath. Luckily, they were just hinged and pulled right off, no fasteners.
If FT has that type of glass, definitely a cool feature for a quick fix or when the ball's stuck somewhere. Congrats again Frolic. I can't wait to play one.

As I remember, the Bally glasses had two support rods that would allow you to keep the glass and frame in the upright position allowing the playfield to raise under it.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

As I remember, the Bally glasses had two support rods that would allow you to keep the glass and frame in the upright position allowing the playfield to raise under it.

They do have the support rods, but not helpful if you had to get to the top underside of the PF for a repair. Ok to change flipper coils, bulbs (for the most part), etc., everything up to the middle of the PF. Or you could just crawl in and lay in the cabinet like a mechanic...

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm an Alien booster! Everyone should buy one!! But I really hope Full Throttle does well. Original theme, real build quality, innovative and new ideas ... Isn't this what we've asking for?
Even if you're not big on Motorcycle Racing, I'm not, it's inoffensive and fun, and with original hand drawn art it's not commercial feeling. It's like the days of Blackwater 100 and High Speed.

Thinking of that option
Is the price of the Alien kit already available?

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thinking of that option

#143 8 years ago

Yeah I never thought I would seriously buy a NIB but this game is making me reconsider. The price the game is at with the promise of cheaper games in the future is intrigueing. Have they released a price for the Alien kit?

Theoretically, you could leave the head off the game right? Just wondering.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Have they released a price for the Alien kit?

I have not seen an exact figure, but (correct me if I am wrong) an estimate: ≈ 40% of the price for the full game.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Like to find that out too

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I have not seen an exact figure, but (correct me if I am wrong) an estimate: ≈ 40% of the price for the full game.

I think it was the opposite, ~60% for the new game kits. Which is translite, playfield, side art and software update.

The playfields apparently will fit under the machine, and have long ski supports.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

There are no supports on the Heighway system, and it would be nice to have one like a car, but I don't know where the supports would go or fit. I'm sure enterprising pinheads will come up with some kind of support they can use.

The positives of the new glass magazine are:

-Super easy to access playfield to reach a ball or something simple
-You can now fit a pinball in a much tighter space, which will open up all kinds of possibilities for people with filled up rooms.
-When leaning the glass on the floor, the magazine is protecting the glass (no "instant smash")

The trade offs from what I've seen are:

-Super heavy, with all that metal. Much heavier to lift than a regular sheet of glass.
-A little awkward for one person to slide it in, but I've done it so not a big deal.

#148 8 years ago

Shot of my pinball power wall. There is a door between Star Trek and Full Throttle so I placed those games there so their sides are visible in the room. image.jpgimage.jpg

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes to being standard. It can be removed and replaced. It seems sandwiched into the metal.

Width of the entire game is not really noticable. I'm not sure if the average person would even think anything of it and I don't think its wider than a TZ but I've not measured.

#150 8 years ago

Does the game have any "forward tilt" or cant? From the pics it looks like it goes straight vertical in the back...so it would fit tighter against a wall? Hard to tell in pics but looks much more straight on backside than "old school" machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 5.00
Electronics
UpKick Pinball
Electronics
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-in-the-mother-fn-house/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.