Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3M_spray_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

So, I got a HUO Full Throttle a couple of weeks ago and can tell you this game is an absolute blast to play. Sadly I was having some issues where the spinning silicone discs kept falling off. I tried gluing back on with a couple of different compounds but nothing helped.

That is, nothing helped until I got this 3M spray adhesive.

To fix, I removed the wheel assembly from the game and gently peeled off the old adhesive best that I could with my fingers. Surprisingly it came up very nicely. Then I took the disc and set it on a 2x4 that I didn't mind getting messy. After shaking well, I sprayed the adhesive on the disc and then set the wheel assembly on top of the adhesive. I gently rubbed away some of the excess adhesive with my finger (VERY sticky...should have maybe used some gloves lol).

Then, I simply let the weight of the wheel assembly hold the wheel on the disc and let it sit there a few hours. Perfect result and no more discs coming. I'll update this thread if I have problems again.

I hope this helps some other Full Throttle owners out there. Enjoy!3M_spray_(resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

So, I got a HUO Full Throttle a couple of weeks ago and can tell you this game is an absolute blast to play. Sadly I was having some issues where the spinning silicone discs kept falling off. I tried gluing back on with a couple of different compounds but nothing helped.
That is, nothing helped until I got this 3M spray adhesive.
To fix, I removed the wheel assembly from the game and gently peeled off the old adhesive best that I could with my fingers. Surprisingly it came up very nicely. Then I took the disc and set it on a 2x4 that I didn't mind getting messy. After shaking well, I sprayed the adhesive on the disc and then set the wheel assembly on top of the adhesive. I gently rubbed away some of the excess adhesive with my finger (VERY sticky...should have maybe used some gloves lol).
Then, I simply let the weight of the wheel assembly hold the wheel on the disc and let it sit there a few hours. Perfect result and no more discs coming. I'll update this thread if I have problems again.
I hope this helps some other Full Throttle owners out there. Enjoy!

Thanks for the info.

Added to the Full Throttle club thread.

#3 4 years ago

Great write-up Volunteer. I've not had this issue but I know several have, this will be a great fix for them.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks. I fixed the 2 that had been coming off and then after maybe 30 plays wth friends last night another fell off but at least it was my last game I was planning on playing before heading to bed. Looks like I'll be pulling out the 3M tonight again.

#5 4 years ago

Man I gotta get back over there and put up some more plays on that game it's a blast

#6 4 years ago

Yeah, Tony and Bob were there last night for my son's birthday party. Over 50 kids were over playing outside. Some played some pins but mostly outside and finished with a fireworks show. Good times.

#7 4 years ago

Thx for the fix. Please email this to heighway so they can fix it athe factory.

#8 4 years ago

Here's a thread of mine from 3 years back about my Tron spinner flying off and the glue I used to repair it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-rubber-from-top-of-spinner-flew-off

Looks like it's the same solution as the OP used in this thread.

So far my Full Throttle wheels are hanging in there, but I expect they'll need to be reglued in time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 79.00
$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside