We were fortunate enough to have Andrew (and Janos) from Heighway Pinball personally bringing 2 Full Throttle machines to the EPC last weekend.
As a co-organizer, I did not find a lot of time to play during the weekend. So do not expect an in-depth review from me.
- The machines are well build and feel real sturdy.
- Play is smooth & good.
- The display in the playfield is a real plus, much better to know what you need to do.
- The look of the backbox is different and needs some getting used to after 40 years of looking at the same type of backbox. But I don't see this to be an issue.
- Andrew & Janos are very friendly guys and always willing to explain / answer all your questions. These guys live & breath pinball.
- Both machines have been running all through the weekend, constantly being played without any technical issue at all. Maybe Andrew can chime in and give us some stats on how many plays we're made during the EPC.
- The lit-up artwork in the sides is awesome, easy to replace. And the recessed legs make sure your cabinet will not get scratched.
- The sides of the glass magazine are a bit wide, but you never notice this when playing pinball, because you get a complete overview of the playfield. When people wanted to see the underside of the playfield, you do not have to ask people to step aside. Just lift up the magazine + glass. Works extremely well.
The Full Throttle GP Races theme is not my cup of tea, but after seeing these 2 machines in the flesh, playing and watching them perform ... I officially started saving for Alien.