(Topic ID: 140827)

Full Throttle @ European Pinball Championship '15

By Avatar

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

We were fortunate enough to have Andrew (and Janos) from Heighway Pinball personally bringing 2 Full Throttle machines to the EPC last weekend.

As a co-organizer, I did not find a lot of time to play during the weekend. So do not expect an in-depth review from me.
- The machines are well build and feel real sturdy.
- Play is smooth & good.
- The display in the playfield is a real plus, much better to know what you need to do.
- The look of the backbox is different and needs some getting used to after 40 years of looking at the same type of backbox. But I don't see this to be an issue.
- Andrew & Janos are very friendly guys and always willing to explain / answer all your questions. These guys live & breath pinball.
- Both machines have been running all through the weekend, constantly being played without any technical issue at all. Maybe Andrew can chime in and give us some stats on how many plays we're made during the EPC.
- The lit-up artwork in the sides is awesome, easy to replace. And the recessed legs make sure your cabinet will not get scratched.
- The sides of the glass magazine are a bit wide, but you never notice this when playing pinball, because you get a complete overview of the playfield. When people wanted to see the underside of the playfield, you do not have to ask people to step aside. Just lift up the magazine + glass. Works extremely well.

The Full Throttle GP Races theme is not my cup of tea, but after seeing these 2 machines in the flesh, playing and watching them perform ... I officially started saving for Alien.

#2 8 years ago

Let's hear some reviews!

#3 8 years ago

More or less agree with everything Jos (Avatar) wrote.

- Game plays fast. Some shots are relatively tight - but not too tight to kill flow.
- The cabinet does look sturdy. But I must say I prefer the glossy red I played last year (LE).
- Rules are easier to grasp than GoT. This is an advantage at start; wonder how deep they are to really appreciate lastability.
- The issues I had with the prototype I played last year at Festi-flip have been solved (a few airballs, some issues with standup targets).
- Someone mentioned he had a different experience with the two games but I can't comment on that (played only one).
- Andrew is a great guy to talk with.

#4 8 years ago

Awesome, Andrew told me he was going, glad to hear it worked out well.

Anyone else have impressions? I haven't played the final Full Throttle myself, looking forward to it at Expo.

#5 8 years ago

I enjoyed playing fullthrottle at the epc myself, allthough there were some issues with the flipper coils getting weaker as i had a hard time to shoot either ramps at a sudden moment,.there was a moment where andrew had to turn one of the games off for ten minutes just to cooldown the game, but yes the games were being played constantly thou.

The looks of the game are great, allthough the motor engine fx sounds within the game are getting old quickly, but thats probably just me.

Andrew and janos were very kind to me, i chatted quite a bit with them.. Great people! So thumbs up to them

#6 8 years ago

I was happy to see full thottle at the EPC in Belgium
the game plays great (fast) and has a lot of shots.
thaks Heighway pinball !!!

hope to see alien next year at the BOP in Belgium!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-european-pinball-championship-15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.