Topic Stats

• 713 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by BertoDRINK1
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 160 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG
7645F636-57B3-4CCC-8B18-089122213632 (resized).jpeg
07375C57-7834-4184-BE77-5A20157F2538 (resized).jpeg
DD030FCF-6478-4C08-82D8-84CEC16118C9 (resized).jpeg
86CABF7C-ECA7-4497-A5C4-A17413A10FE3 (resized).jpeg
A61F524E-EEB1-43EB-B443-D973CDA81650 (resized).jpeg
20180213_150227 (resized).jpg
20180210_215225 (resized).jpg
20180210_213634 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

Mine is "in the next batch"...I was hoping in the UK batch meant on a truck headed to my house but apparently it means "maybe around Christmas".

2 weeks later
#17 3 years ago
Quoted from CCary:

Just got confirmation

Did you solicit this confirmation or did it arrive without any prodding?

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

My pin is planned to be ready mid January 2016.

...awaiting delivery of more playfields and parts. mid-December anticipated date for completion...maybe mid Jan for everyone

#23 3 years ago

They do make the playfields in-house I thought.

Wood? Who knows? Making pinball is harder than putting a man on the Moon.

1 week later
#27 3 years ago

Can't happen, a pinball machine delivered when the company says it was to be delivered....on time...outrageous!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Hoping for a fun evening

Let's see some unboxing pics. Did you get the giant screen?

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

gloss black cabinet

Looks great!

Is that some deal you worked out? I thought it was more of a satin or flatter black for the standard?

3 weeks later
#70 3 years ago

Any shipments landing stateside?

#71 3 years ago

Shaker motor: Available

Fiber optic ramp: In test phase

So fiber optics--not "yet". Is the shaker an option? I didn't see that as an option when ordering.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I really don't want to wait until the end of February, considering mine is in that "78".

ditto...first they were to be done late Oct, then Dec, then shipping January...this pinball production biz is unpredictable

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We will add the shaker motor to our webshop within the next week

Thanks for reply. So we can add that on to existing orders? Or buy it when available?

3 weeks later
#98 3 years ago

Wonder if they are coming loaded with latest software

#103 3 years ago

1.40 Major update with full shaker motor and fibre optic enable. Currently being tested and available for all customers within 2 weeks

Great!

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Got my software update for 1.2!

What about the volume of the skill shot? Wasn't that an issue?

#116 3 years ago

What's the word on the skill shot volume? I thought that was an issue for some people.

1 week later
#204 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

No holes in the playfield for switches so cleaning is easier and damage will be less.

Haven't looked closely at this...so do they use an opto type switch pointed up through the inserts or what?

#225 3 years ago

I'll take some of that Fiber Optic, the chrome looks cool but would be a fingerprint magnet

Is the Fiber Optic available now or is that a bit out yet?

1 month later
#256 3 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

so did you just have to make a slight bend down on that loop ? is that what im looking at ?

I can't tell what was done either...where was the bend?

3 weeks later
#287 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

add a tuner to the LCD and make it a TV

I think it's an hdmi hookup but it'd require either getting an hdmi splitter and rigging it up or unplugging the monitor and replugging...interesting idea though. Games will have WiFi, maybe you can get a roku and mount it inside the game.

1 week later
1 week later
#304 3 years ago

My standard is shaker plus fiber optics so assume so. Just emailed Heighway and added the stuff.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Isolate the 4 speaker wires from the main bundle going up to the backbox.

attn: Heighway

1 week later
#333 3 years ago

Heighway will be at RMPS if anybody in the vicinity wants to buy a Full Throttle and have immediate to your truck delivery.

1 week later
#350 3 years ago

Andrew brought my game with him to RMPS so officially an owner. Fits like a glove in my basement

FULLTh_001_(resized).JPG

FULLTh_002_(resized).JPG

FULLTh_003_(resized).JPG

FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG

FULLTh_007_(resized).JPG

#356 3 years ago

Andrew set up my game and walked me through it. Software updates are coming for several things. The right ramp is supposed to be the hardest to hit according to him. Fiber optic board is a "prototype" and new boards will be sent to owners with fiber optic ramps. The 1.4 software should be coming soon and will have some tweaks in it.

#358 3 years ago

Seems like there is a lot to do...though I've only had it a few hours. I'm fairly average in the pinball wizard dept. but between completing all the races, the challenges etc. seems like it will keep me going for a long time...if I ever get good enough to complete everything and find it boring, I'll drop in Alien and play that for a few months

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder if they are ready to ship if ordering direct from the factory?

3-4 weeks if you order fresh from factory is what Andrew is telling people...you can customize games that way or get a standard from cointaker and order upgrades and install yourself

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Really?!?! My LE was ordered last year and I can't get an answer as to shipping.

There was an issue waiting for parts for Fiber Optics or something...maybe some LE delays.

#372 3 years ago

During the challenge where the balls get fired at you and come out of the Pit Stop loop...half the time they fly SDTM. Has anybody adjusted ball guides up there? If the ball just drifts back out of that loop, not a problem but during challenge when it's launching them it's SDTM

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I've made several adjustments.

You do something to your plunger switch? The ball occasionally sits on it since the switch is so stiff, without actually depressing the switch. Also occasionally the ball hits the edge of the apron when coming out of trough. It doesn't look like there's any front to back adjust on the apron, seems like that hole could be a touch wider.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mine needed a little tweaking to get it to work better. Just standard switch adjustment. No big deal.

Switch is just really stiff so occasionally it sits up on it and the plunger goes a little nuts. Almost like the wire needs to be flattened out a bit.

Quoted from Zampinator:

can the tabs be bent?

That's a good thought, I haven't taken the apron off yet to see.

#378 3 years ago

Most heard callout so far "sorry, you didn't win the cup" or whatever...when you fail a challenge

134 million...finally got through all the challenges. This game is fun. That fast lap has to be the quickest shot in pinball.

#384 3 years ago

yikes...I suck.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

During the challenge where the balls get fired at you and come out of the Pit Stop loop...half the time they fly SDTM. Has anybody adjusted ball guides up there? If the ball just drifts back out of that loop, not a problem but during challenge when it's launching them it's SDTM

This is a puzzler. The issue seems to be the strength of the plunger. On a normal launch if it makes it around it will hit left flipper 100%. During challenges I swear the plunger fires the balls harder somehow...maybe half go down middle, otherwise they catch the left flipper in different spots. I can't even roll the ball hard enough to make it miss the flipper. Is it at all possible that the plunger would act different during challenge multiball than an initial launch?

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Dan Gutchess just put a Full Throttle in at the 1up on Blake Street. Get there before 9 to beat the rush and play some Heighway Pinball!

Awesome

#404 3 years ago

Are you supposed to be able to change w/flipper? I havent noticed.

#409 3 years ago

Same here. I used the empty balls utility repeatedly to test and it is just inconsistent either in strength or the way it comes around the orbit or both

#412 3 years ago

Any product number or way to id the early boards?

2 weeks later
1 week later
#436 3 years ago

is it a bug that I can't hit a clean ramp shot to save my life lately? The left 2 shots are fairly easy, the rest I am "the rattler".

2 weeks later
#453 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I moved one this weekend. Seemed like any other to me.

same as anything...plus the head comes off

1 week later
#471 3 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Was the ball guide just not set up right? Anyone else have this problem? I played a different full throttle six months ago and don't remember this happening but I can't remember for sure.

That is an issue, and it's maybe a ball guide issue. I have that problem and it's tough to figure. Doesn't do it on initial plunge but on multiballs, the plunger "seems" to be stronger or more erratic but everyone says it's a ball guide adjustment. I've fiddled with ball guides and have yet to dial it in...if it doesn't do it on the initial plunge, why on multiball auto-plunge? The spinning wheels have been blamed but that didn't seem to explain it fully on my game. Still working it out....

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Flipper rubber made no difference

Can you adjust flipper height, not the rubber but the flipper? Does that look out of whack at all? Try some regular bands on them as well just for kicks..?

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

picture does'nt fit in the backbox screen and the small screen boots up and I can tell its on but it does not display (stays black) any suggestions?

no clue. I would email support.

4 weeks later
#503 3 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

I am a bit nervous about the state it will arrive in.

You talking code or things loose or what? We plugged in/bolted on the backbox and started playing! I haven't had anything come loose yet, no switch issues so far. From what I've heard, typical or less stuff than other NIB's. I will probably adjust some lane guides--there's one particular that needs to be just right. Just updated the software, took 5 minutes.

I say go for it...great value. You get a super fast fun widebody game with LCD for the price of a Stern Premium(check the Batman66 prices )...AND you now have the cabinet which means you can buy ALIEN Kit at 60% of retail(playfield and all art swap out) and drop it in along with the (at least) 3 other licenses that are next up for them. Lots of a la carte options too...27" LCD, Trim, Shaker etc

2 months later
#521 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

My FTLE shipped. I just tracked it and it says "Held Awaiting Payment Of Duties/taxes Or Charges By Receiver." Not sure what happens next. Does someone contact me?

You pay for ground ship once it gets here...no other "duties" etc. Heighway should have contacted you for payment I think.

5 months later
#529 2 years ago

I updated and had no issues ? Worked great and was easy. First I've heard of any "bricking". Have you emailed helmut at heighway?

I can get a pick of the shaker later today.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I did communicate with Helmut yesterday

I emailed a day or 2 ago and he got right back to me. I saw in the Alien thread that he was going to be out of town for the next few days though...

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Edit: Got most of these questions answered except the pics of the shaker motor set up. Anyone?

Board is actually labeled "shaker":

FULLTH 001 (resized).JPG

FULLTH 002 (resized).JPG

#549 2 years ago

Note: The Shaker w/current code shakes the living shit out of the game...that's why mine is unplugged.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Not a code issue.

The person coding the game said it was a code problem...so....

bcd from Alien thread:
"Speaking as the programmer on Full Throttle, and as someone who also disconnected his shaker...
Soon we'll be finalizing the shaker code for Alien. I plan to backport all fixes to Full Throttle, and add adjustments to tune it to your liking.
So, in a future Full Throttle code update, you'll have a better shaker experience."

2 weeks later
#573 2 years ago

Mine rattles a bit if I don't hit it clean but it usually still makes it up there.

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Full Throttle reminds me of Williams IJ. When I first got them it seemed like every shot was a brick. Lanes are tight. Now after many plays later I have the shots down and they both flow well.

Loosening up that right ramp helped a lot on mine.

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

It must have been a bug. When we started league, the only score displayed at the end was player 4. We power cycled the game later (not I, I was busy) and the scores were all displayed after that.
I've encountered a few of these bugs. Colour on play field display goes wonky, power cycles fixes it. Lock up in attract mode, power cycle fixes it.
Super fun game though!

If all else fails, unplug and replug all the connections! I haven't heard of any of these issues but will keep an eye on mine.

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I have had no lockup problems with mine and have never had to power cycle mine, so it seems that it not all units

Same here but I play maybe only 5-10 games in a row max, my games are light use for the most part.

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

end up with a big chip on the playfield thanks to a sinking wheel

Were you able to adjust it back up?

I was thinking of putting some snug fitting mylar around those wheels just in case that happens on mine. Not sure it would help. The wheels don't affect the ball too much, they probably could've skipped those altogether.

1 week later
#600 2 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

flipper base plate

Did it break?

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

How do I fix this guys? First pinball table - don't judge

There's a rod that goes down beneath playfield from the flipper and is clamped tight with an allen head/nut to the flipper mechanism. You just need to loosen the allen head/nut a bit and rotate the flipper into correct position, hold it there and re-tighten--might take a couple tries to get it exactly like the other flipper. It was probably a little loose and flipper went out of align with use.

EDIT:With the game off you can look under playfield while moving the flipper bat with your hand to see the action of how the whole thing works to get an idea.

Also, do you know how to raise the playfield and/or remove the glass?

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I'm not near my game now so can't comment on 1st pic

1st pic is normal, that's correct.

They did go a little nuts on that guide though!

1 week later
#611 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

It confirms there is a path to upgrade our Full Throttle to better and less expensive hardware if our Utilite takes a crap. If it turns out Heighway can't support us in the future with a kit or upgrade then maybe we can work together to make this happen.

No idea if this is even possible, but is there any (easy) way to clone or create a mirror image that could be re-installed fresh if there are any problems? I am not a computer expert so this could be a completely stupid question.

3 weeks later
#617 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I just leveled my screen and put mylar down. My next step is to mylar around the wheels.

Did the same thing a few months back. I have a big roll of mylar that I just cut to fit whatever.

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

a few large circles of mylar centered on the wheels would be preferable.

I used a compass to create circular pieces of mylar after I measured the wheel holes--so just circles that cover the edges a bit. The LCD I just put a square overlapping enough to save the edges. With the game lit up you can't even see the mylar...when it's off you can spot it if you are looking for it.

3 weeks later
#627 2 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I got really annoyed at the c-ball, so I put in an extra ball like my friend did to make it easier.
Now it works great.

never would've thought of that

2 months later
#630 2 years ago

No idea. They are just now getting Alien machines sent out so playfield kits, if they happen, will be a while my guess.

2 months later
#640 1 year ago

I replaced ball launch plunger that broke in that same manner. No idea on the posts, but I was told launch was https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=472

2 weeks later
#655 1 year ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Priced at 80% of a full game price (correct me if wrong)

Quoted from frolic:

There's been next to no info about kits. I don't think New HP has said a word.

There has been no word from company. 80% is pure wild speculation.

60% was the original idea. The only info I've seen is a Euro distro that had a flier out mentioning the kits at some high price but nobody else, including Heighway has mentioned the kits.

The new company is rapidly missing their window with the slow trickle of games, lack of timely service etc. Sadly, my wild speculation is that it will be a miracle if they put out the kit, let alone continue as a viable company. Things are just happening too slowly.

That said, if you like Full Throttle and can get one at a good price I don't see why not...it's just a bit of a dice roll if you had some major issue with a Heighway specific part. My game has worked great and is super fun.

#658 1 year ago
Quoted from jlm33:

based on info posted by a distro in Europe

This price hasn't been confirmed by any other distro or the company, as I stated.

Quoted from jlm33:

I posted it in the Alien thread four months ago, and things have not changed in the meantime.

time passing doesn't make some random distro putting a price on it any more accurate.

It's all wild speculation, especially since they haven't even paid much lip service to even the idea of kits since the takeover.

Let's try to be accurate in our posts please.

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Just joined the club. FT is a great pin. It seams a little dark. Has anyone added extra lighting? If so how did you wire it in?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-in-the-mother-fn-house

I think frolic added spotlights...

1 week later
#671 1 year ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Driving me nuts so many shots half way up the ramp.

I loosened the the bolts a bit at the ramp entrance which in effect raised the entrance slightly(someone else mentioned washers), now I can even backhand ramps. I'd try that first--easiest.

#678 1 year ago

Do you have the software update installed or can you reinstall? You can PM me, I have a link to latest update...might be worth a try....or it might brick it!

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from bcd:

I would double check that you copied the right file to it and that it's not incomplete/corrupted in some way.

Do you have access to the file? The link I had for my update is now dead apparently and some people are still looking for copies of update.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 157.00
$ 20.00
$ 7,499.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 137.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside