• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 8 years ago

Following this closely...trying right now what to get for my next pin.

3 months later
#336 7 years ago

Just got offered a FT + cash for my RRWOZ. I've never seen a FT but seriously considering it. Waiting to find out the trim color package and monitor installed.

Any thoughts for those of you who have had FT for a while. Is it holding its own as far as ownership goes? Hopefully this one has black trim at the least so I can buy an Alien kit in the future and not have it look weird with red.

Thanks for the input.

Darin

#346 7 years ago

My trade is pending the exchange tomorrow evening. Here's to looking forward to playing FT tomorrow!

#349 7 years ago

Great. BTW, it is a standard in black with the grey armor. Has shaker and 27" monitor.

#353 7 years ago

I'm at 24 hours of FT ownership and loving it. I have a few questions for you more experienced owners:

1. one of the sticky plastic things on a wheel has come off. What is the best way to reinstall that? It looks like there was some sort of adhesive glue originally maybe? Any suggestions?

2. The right ramp is really tough to hit so far. Any suggestions on how to hit that more consistently? (I had to raise the wheel in front of it as it was nearly a 1/4" below the level of the playfield and has resulted in a small chip in the playfield and was causing A LOT of airballs as you can imagine lol.

3. The pop bumpers are very lethargic. I checked the leaf switches and they all look to be in great position. I read somewhere that this software version made them not very active. What's the deal?

Thanks for the help. Obviously, the most important thing for me right now is getting that rubber pad back installed so I can keep playing.

#359 7 years ago

Thanks for the info. Much better.

What are good scores on this game? I've gotten on the board twice at 50 million +/-.

I'm envisioning a major drawback to this game: I was planning on buying an Alien kit for it but this game is so fun it simply may deserve it's own spot on the line-up. Time will tell but I'm already toying with the idea of just buying an Alien outright.

I'm obviously still in the honeymoon phase but I don't think I've had this much fun with a new pin since I got my very first pin which was a Tron a few years ago.

If anyone is reading this and considering Full Throttle, I'd say go for it! If you like flow and speed you will find it here. I think it has as much or more flow and speed as my STLE sitting right next to it. That inner loop shot is quicker than the warp ramp probably. The music rocks and the theme (which I don't care anything about) is very well integrated and fun.

#379 7 years ago

Can someone explain how to get the playfield multiplier going and how you know when to his the launch button? (I wish it was flashing or something ala Troll Bombs in MM.)

#387 7 years ago

Dang! My silicone discs keep coming off. Tried re-gluing with two different adhesives but no luck. I think I'm going to try a 3M spray adhesive. Any other thoughts?

#389 7 years ago

Hmmm. Interesting idea. Has the wheel decal held up for you okay? Do the discs do anything to the ball trajectory without the silicone on there?

So far in my vast 4-5 days of ownership I REALLY dig this game but I think they could have done without the spinning wheels. Perhaps simply pulling off the silicone and gently scraping off some of the adhesive residue on the wheel decal is the way to go.

#398 7 years ago

I had friends over last night and they couldn't believe how much fun this pin is. I love how simple it is to understand but how hard to master. I did get a new personal best at 79 million. Don't remember what it is called but I got to the mini wizard mode for starting all the challenges. I had only one silver cup when I started the 6 ball multiball and my buddy was trying to tell me what was going on as I was frantically just trying to keep balls alive. Sounds like you are trying to collect the cups that you didn't get during regular play. Does that sound about right?

Sadly I didn't hit any super skill shot before that happened (quite difficult on my machine for some reason to quickly flip one of the required shots with the ball exiting the left orbit) so couldn't cash in a playfield multiplier during the mode.

Also, my pops are REALLY inactive. Is this going to be addressed in a future code release?

3 weeks later
#439 7 years ago

I still think this is a great game. Not that I hardly ever actually win a race but it seems like the game is more about trying to stack some of the challenges and less about actually racing. It would be nice if there was more incentive for running the races and base those incentives on how well you do. Heck, I might be alright with actually penalizing your score for sucking in the races. Talk about some risk/reward.

3 weeks later
#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

No. But I'll bet $ it's the spinning wheel in the playfield. Make sure it's setting perfectly flush.
Keep tweaking the ball guides, once you get them just right, it will play crazy fast!

This. Getting the wheels perfectly flush is not the easiest thing to do though you'd think it would be.

Even so that left ramp is not a really easy shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.