Topic Stats

• 713 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by BertoDRINK1
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 160 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG
7645F636-57B3-4CCC-8B18-089122213632 (resized).jpeg
07375C57-7834-4184-BE77-5A20157F2538 (resized).jpeg
DD030FCF-6478-4C08-82D8-84CEC16118C9 (resized).jpeg
86CABF7C-ECA7-4497-A5C4-A17413A10FE3 (resized).jpeg
A61F524E-EEB1-43EB-B443-D973CDA81650 (resized).jpeg
20180213_150227 (resized).jpg
20180210_215225 (resized).jpg
20180210_213634 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 3 years ago

Congrats to Heighway and people who got in on this game. I've enjoyed it every show I got to play it at, but the theme just isn't for me. Wishing them continued success and look forward to seeing what comes after Alien.

1 year later
#530 2 years ago

Anyone know how to adjust the sensitivity of the switches/sensors? I have one sensor on Alien that is registering too frequently, and it is causing some issues. Was hoping someone with experience on FT may be able to help since there are only a handful of aliens out there at this point. Thanks. -Tommy

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I would think you could email Heighway and they would be happy to help. No?

I'd like to say yes but have been emailing for 2 weeks with little to no help on this specific issues. Others they have just said they are aware of the problem and working on it but thats a whole other story.

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I was in contact with everyone there, tried everything they and I could think of.
I feel like I exhausted what they can do for me at this point.
Here is the deal: I flash the SD card and have a fresh 1.41
Game runs PERFECT. Tons of fun. Then at some point it craps out. And then this happens
ยป YouTube video
All reports, switches etc check out 100% fine.
It is software that gets dizzy.
It seems related to me opening the coin door while the machine is on. It always happened right after I opened the door, made adjustments (most likely volume) and then closed it. The software somehow took a hit every time after that.
I will re-install 1.41 again, NOT open the door while the machine is on from now on and report back to you guys.
And I will follow a friendly pinsider's advice and exchange the USB cables as there seems to be a known issue with a certain early batch of said cables.
It is a shame, as you can tell by the video I modded the crap out of mine, added 3 interactive color-changing LED towers at the slings and the wheelie bike, added center drain light, shooter lane light and bike, external volume control, lit flipper buttons, bikes exchanged and added on playfield, improved the broken wheelie mechanism, exchanged the back light from harsh white to red, exchanged rings and rubbers and and and. And replaced the speaker amp.
I have the LE version which has chrome hardware. Said hardware oxidized like you have never seen where the hands rest. Heighway were kind enough to send me a second set or armor and should I be able to fix software I will powder-coat to racing orange.

Any chance the added lighting is having an impact on the game somehow? Also have any chance it is the brand of SD card? I know that was an issue on some stern and spooky games at one point.

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Has anyone received any tech support recently from Heighway? I have tried to contact Helmut with no response now going on three days, nor any response from the general support email address. My game has an intermittent problem with the game freezing up requiring a reset. All of a sudden the game will just freeze, flippers die, the ball drains and then the game just sits there. After a reset I can play several games with no problem and then out of the blue the game freezes up again. I have reseated all cables and so far nothing.
Thoughts?

Interlock switch?

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I will check it, thanks. I have already replaced the interlock switch once for a different reason. My biggest concern is that I can't get any help from Heighway, not even a response.

I've had similar issues with my Alien over the last few days, not sure whats going on.....actually looking back at my email I did communicate with Helmut yesterday, but before that it was 6 days between responses.

3 weeks later
#597 2 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Having a problem with Left Orbit switch 2-12 is not registering. I removed the switch board from the playfield to manually test - inductor is OK, but when mounted, it does not pick up the ball. I tried adjusting the height as best as I can to get it as close as possible, but still no luck. Any ideas? Have you guys hit switch issues like this before? How did you fix?

Have an issue on my Alien of a switch registering too much and can't get any help from heighway pinball and he sensors are apparently proprietary and can't get them anywhere else.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 244.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside