Topic Stats

• 713 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by BertoDRINK1
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 160 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG
7645F636-57B3-4CCC-8B18-089122213632 (resized).jpeg
07375C57-7834-4184-BE77-5A20157F2538 (resized).jpeg
DD030FCF-6478-4C08-82D8-84CEC16118C9 (resized).jpeg
86CABF7C-ECA7-4497-A5C4-A17413A10FE3 (resized).jpeg
A61F524E-EEB1-43EB-B443-D973CDA81650 (resized).jpeg
20180213_150227 (resized).jpg
20180210_215225 (resized).jpg
20180210_213634 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#567 2 years ago

I'm the one who snagged Freezie's game. I'm super impressed with it so far! Fantastic player.

Quick question: The left orbit shot tends to rattle and not make the orbit the majority of the time. It seems like the ball is losing all momentum when hitting the ball guide on the right. Does this need tweaking? Or just play better?

Thanks in advance!

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't recall my left orbit ever being an issue and most reviews of the game talk about the flow and geometry being bang on, so if there was a orbit problem people would be talking about it. I think the most complained about shot is the right ramp, but for me that is fine as well and doable from both flippers.
So hopefully your left orbit can be tweaked into shape.

Cool. I'll check to make sure it's level. That's the only thing I can think of if no one else has any issues.

#571 2 years ago

Here's what a top down view of the guide looks like. Should there be that much grass showing on the edge?

20170525_102200 (resized).jpg

#577 2 years ago

Yah, I figure it's just a matter of hitting that shot better.

On another note, we used it in league play last night. Found out that after a 4 player game is finished, it only displays the 4th persons score. No way to see the other scores. Kinda stunk. Any work arounds for that?

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What software version are you? I don't recall that a current issue.

Game Rev. 1.41

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm unclear, is the 4 player score working on your game?
I just tested mine with a 4 player game, and when the game is over the 4 scores are visible and continue to be shown on the attract mode.

It must have been a bug. When we started league, the only score displayed at the end was player 4. We power cycled the game later (not I, I was busy) and the scores were all displayed after that.

I've encountered a few of these bugs. Colour on play field display goes wonky, power cycles fixes it. Lock up in attract mode, power cycle fixes it.

Super fun game though!

5 months later
#634 1 year ago

Does anyone off hand have a part number for the shooter lane switch? Mine broke On location so I'd like to get it up and running ASAP.

2 months later
#644 1 year ago

New issue popped up for my FT. Power up, starts booting, play field LCD gets to the point where it says game updating files and just sits there. Nothing else happens. Anyone have any idea?

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

You've cold rebooted and it gets stuck there every time?
I don't believe I've run into a problem where a cold reboot didn't clear it up.

Yup.

#648 1 year ago

Well that was weird. Turned on FT to try to figure it out, got distracted by work, and after about 12 minutes it finished booting and is playable.

I've left it on while the cafe is open and will try another reboot after we close.

#649 1 year ago

Boots fine now. I'm thinking during our tournament someone turned it off and on in rapid succession and the computer didn't like it.

3 weeks later
#673 1 year ago

Hey folks. My game won't boot. Gets to "Installing updates" then "Error installing updates." And sits there forever.

Anyone encounter this before?

Thanks in advance.

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why can’t you email heighway support?

I have.

Quoted from rockrand:

I guess you have tryed to turn off and on again?

Yes.

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Do you have the software update installed or can you reinstall? You can PM me, I have a link to latest update...might be worth a try....or it might brick it!

Helmut sent me a drop box link awhile back for a different issue. I'll be grabbing it tomorrow

#684 1 year ago
Quoted from bcd:

ferret did not work on Full Throttle. I did all of the game code, while other people on site at the Heighway factory built the software packages and the update system. Unfortunately I have very little insight to that process as I was not involved.
However, based on what I know, and the error you're seeing, I think something is wrong with the update package on the USB stick. You would get different errors if the drive could not be detected or could not be read at all. I would double check that you copied the right file to it and that it's not incomplete/corrupted in some way.

The only link provided by Helmut was for the SD card software. He specifically told me not to mess with the USB stick.

#687 1 year ago

No luck with the USB Still error updating files. Will redo the SD Card for the next attempt ... though the warning sticker voiding my warranty will be removed.

#688 1 year ago

Anyone have a copy of the instructions for reflashing the micro SD card? Helmut provided a lot of files and in his email told me to follow the instructions ... which don't appear to be in the files he provided.

1 week later
#689 1 year ago

Back in action! Finally got the instructions and flashed the SD card. Obviously files had become corrupted. Working once again.

Replaced the pre amp and my audio issues are fixed as well.

Down for 3 weeks on location. Not good for earnings!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
Machine - For Sale
South Portland, ME
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 10.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside