• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#457 7 years ago

e4mafia - there is a service bulletin explaining how to remove the speaker wiring from the main loom and twist the speaker wiring and re-connect.
I simply replaced, and re-routed the wiring with some balanced shielded mic cable I had left on a reel for the run from the amp to backbox speakers and the sub.
This, plus increasing the signal level to the amp, and in turn using less gain on the amp, has made the hiss barely audible even in a quiet room.

5 months later
#522 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I forgot to add this as well. If you have one of the early games that were built before April, then you need to check your wheel motors as well. You are checking to see if there are capacitors installed between the leads going to each motor. The early models don't have them, and Heighway realized they are needed to smooth the current across the 4 motors to keep them from burning out. If you don't have them, hit up their support line and they will send you the components to solder in.

What value/rating are the caps please?

6 years later
#783 10 months ago

There is hope for Utilite alternatives. The packages for the game have been complied for ARMv7 architecture.
In the targetsysupdate dir on the USB stick which has to be plugged in there are 4 .deb packages. freewpc_1.41-r0_armel, fth-firmware_13.06-r0_armel, videoserver_1.0-r0_armel and fth-media_1.20-r0_armel

I pulled them apart today and looked over the control and data files within and I reckon with dpkg -i on an ARMv7 box running say Debian or Arch, it would work
Pinprog and videoserver are elf files.

No more Utilite, U-Boot, old kernels.
Some changes to some .rc files may be needed but it looks like the .deb packages take care of all of that.

#785 10 months ago

Saw this on the logs today:
0000 ERROR: sound object 20 file music/Music_Cue1.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 22 file music/Music_Cue3.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 34 file fx/fx_2.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 60 file fx/fx_Crowd3.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 62 file fx/fx_CrowdBG.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 63 file fx/fx_CrowdBoo.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 103 file vo/vo_Cheater_Val.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 145 file vo/vo_MoreSkill_Val.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 161 file vo/vo_PlayFair_Val.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 170 file vo/vo_SpecialLit.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 183 file vo/vo_TooBad.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 199 file vo/vo_WonChallengeCup_Mac.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 292 file vo/vo_Replay.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 293 file fx/fx_InitialLeft.ogg does not exist
0000 ERROR: sound object 294 file fx/fx_InitialRight.ogg does not exist

3 weeks later
#790 9 months ago

After much tom-foolery, and reading a lot of Yocto Project doco, this is what
I know:
The FT OS was built using the Yocto Project using the reference distro Poky.
Yocto creates custom embedded linux distros for embedded devices, such as the Utilite and thousands of other devices.
The FT Yocto build is specific to the Utilite and uses a board support package
(BSP - a bit like DTB's) provided by Compulab, the Utilite manufacturer, and is referred to as a layer.
The meta-yocto-bsp layer can have lots of different BSP's.
When the Dev compiles the linux kernal, he/she
selects the target architecture - ARMv7, x86, x64 etc and the Bob's 'yer uncle.

Additionally, Yocto contains a cross-dev toolchain, meaning the Dev can use it for compiling their code for any
architecture. ARMv7, x86, x64 yada yada at the press of a button.

The FT 1.41 image has been compiled only for ARMEL EABI (extended application binary interface soft float).
It won't work with ARMHF but this is not relevant - just a useless piece of info.

The .deb packages used in the game are linked using ELF (linking) files and these are ARMv7 specific so
just installing the .deb's to say Ubuntu or Debian on a different architecture won't work, but may if we can seperate root fs from userland on an ARMEL device.

With no access to the Yocto build and it's upstream source code, we need Brian Dominy bcd

Hopefuly he'll get a laugh out if this:

Help us Mr Obi-Wan Odd Change. You are our only hope. Years ago, you served our Full Throttles.
Now we beg you to help us in our struggle against the Utilites. I regret that I am unable to present this request to you in person, but my Full Throttle has fallen under attack and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Yocto has failed.
I've placed information vital to the survival of the rebellion into the memory systems of this post.
My FT brothers will know how to retrieve it. You must see this code compiled and safely delivered to us on Pinside.
This is our most desperate hour.
Help us, Obi-Wan Odd Change. You're our only hope.

1 month later
#793 8 months ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Anyone run into this issue? [quoted image]

Bill - test the LCD from a laptop.
Remove the HDMI-DVI cable from the Utilite, leave the DVI end connected to the playfield LCD and plug the DVD end into your laptop DVD port.
The LCD will need to power from the game or another source.

If the display if still missing the section, try a new cable. If it's good with a laptop, try the cable in the second DVD port on the Utilite.

From memory it works on both ports and this line is in the u-Boot.scr (Utilite bootloader):
setenv video "video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1280x800M@50,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb0:dev=dvi,1280x800M@50,if=RGB24 bpp=24 fbmem=48M"

#794 8 months ago
Quoted from Wheelzzz:

Does anyone have the latest code? Or know where I can get it for my Full Throttle? Can't boot anymore...got the Update Failed error. Nothing past that.

Wheelzzz - you should be sorted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline?tu=shaneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.