• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#526 6 years ago

Finally got my hands on a FT. Picked up a somewhat lightly routed unit. Needs some TLC but nothing I can't handle or that wasn't expected.

A couple of questions:

What is the latest code version?

Assuming my code is old, how does one go about updating the game?

After adjusting the pop bumper switches I pulled out the interlock switch so they would have power to test. I noticed that all of the RGB LEDs on that board flash green when the pops hit. Is this normal behavior? I also noticed that the game just seems slow/sluggish to register the switches on the pops. I have the switches set pretty close and the pops are still sluggish and occasionally fail to fire - especially the bottom one.

Any update on a manual for the game?

Oh and can anyone with the shaker installed please take a pic of the connector to the board in the bottom of the cabinet and a pic of where the shaker is mounted?

Thank you!

Edit: Got most of these questions answered except the pics of the shaker motor set up. Anyone?

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Thank you for pointing out the card, I will exchange brand there as well, good pointer. I will try everything one can think of.
See - this pin is NOT broken. The fact that it works after a fresh install shows that, but something goes bad along the line.

Could very well be your utilite dying. It sounds like something is corrupting your image, or perhaps the image you have is corrupted?

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Board is actually labeled "shaker":

Awesome. Thank you for that. Would it be possible to get a clearer image of the pin positions on the connector?

I need that since there is no manual or schematics for FT (!!!!!!) as I want to try to use a Pinball Life shaker.

Thank you!

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Does not help us owners much, does it. And yes, I have installed a brake on the shaker on my FTh....not much help when due to the shaker being used on my machine:
both flippers fell into the cabinet
the amp fell apart
plugs unseated

Those are really crappy amps. Mine fell apart just shipping the game. I bought a replacement on eBay for like 12 bucks.

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If you are referring to replacing the utilite, I would probably buy the upgraded CPU from Heighway. This way its no longer a utilite and it has more horsepower for Alien if you want to swap it and you should get full credit since its new. I recall there being a $200 cost plus your existing CPU, something like that. I think someone else tried to replace their utilite and they were unsuccessful (couldn't find the right model).

Normally I would be in 100% agreement with this. However, it is highly likely that the code for FT has not been ported to this new platform so it's a moot point.... for now.

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Looks like they are using a cointaker red tremor. Motors wrong for this application (too fast) Not a code issue.

I have a solution for this. I bought a little PWM doohickey that I am going to play with once I figure out the wiring.

1 week later
#565 6 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

I have my Full Throttle running on the new platform without any problems. This is still being tested at the factory and would be available whenever Alien kits start shipping.

Nice.. that's great news. I am definitely interested in upgrading the platform. Not too impressed with the Utilite thing.

<passive aggressive rant> Now if only Helmut would answer my emails so I could get some needed parts for my game that would be great. </passive aggressive rant>

2 weeks later
#599 6 years ago

My FT...

Hopefully the new HP investors get things rolling so I can get some parts! Still need a flipper base plate for this game. Sigh.

FT Serial (resized).jpgFT Serial (resized).jpg

#601 6 years ago

Yes it's cracked. When I got the game is was overdue for a flipper rebuild. Once I rebuilt the flippers - which tightened up the tolerances - the right flipper started sticking in the up position. Closer inspection revealed the crack running from the edge of the base plate to the threads for the coil stop.

I had to loosen up the coil stop a bit to get the flipper to stop sticking so I could play!

7 months later
#665 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

I am offered this game at a reasonable price. Not much into the theme, but is it worth picking it up for the Alien kit? Or am I better off waiting for a deal on a used Alien somewhere in the future?

Until Heighway gets their act together and starts to support existing customers I would advise against purchasing the game.

The theme is right up my alley and I like the game. Unfortunately I regret the purchase because I have been trying to get parts from Heighway since May (!!!) of 2017.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline?tu=radius118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.