• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

This thread is for all people that have in any way interest in Heighway Pinball’s first title Full Throttle.

On 22 February 2016 my Full Throttle entered the building. I am very excited about this game and would like to share my enthusiasm with fellow pinheads.

Below some information that is relevant for Full Throttle. As this is work in progress it may not be complete and all feedback is welcome.

Company:
Heighway Pinball Mission Statement
Our goal is to make pinball mainstream again, by producing fun, innovative, reliable and affordable pinball machines, packed with the latest technology.

What we do
Heighway Pinball – your one stop for new pinball machines. From one-off custom pinball machines to full production runs destined for the global market – Heighway Pinball is equipped to handle all your pinballing needs.
Heighway Pinball is incorporating the latest technical advancements to make its games the most fun, innovative and reliable pinball machines on the market. From new game units that swop into existing Heighway Pinball cabinet units in a matter of minutes, to modular mechanisms that can be swopped over in no time, and with no special skills required, to non-mechanical switches that do not require switch wires to poke through the playfield, to the latest in LCD screen technology that is positioned uniquely in the middle of the playfield surface – these are just some of the ways that make Heighway Pinball unique, and able to offer the best pinballing products possible to the global market.

For more info see: http://heighwaypinball.com/

Info and development:
The following information gives you a good impression about how Full Throttle evolved:
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index.html

Videos:
Heighway has their own YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFrztZU8v9tMsaaTEkmrOBg

Models:
At this moment 3 models are available:

- Standard Edition (SE) - 1 model

Black matt cabinet with silver trim
FT-standard-machine.jpgFT-standard-machine.jpg

- Limited Edition (LE) - 2 models

Black gloss cabinet with red trim
FT-limited-machine-2.jpgFT-limited-machine-2.jpg

Red gloss cabinet with black trim
FT-limited-machine.jpgFT-limited-machine.jpg

Full specs can be found here: http://heighwaypinball.com/fullthrottle/

Pricing:
Complete pin see: http://heighwaypinball.com/fullthrottlegame/
Playfield kit: 60% of complete pin

Upgrades:
Shaker motor: Available
10.1 inch backbox screen: Available
27 inch backbox screen: Available
Fiber optic ramp: Available

Chrome trim (LE only): Availability to be announced

Gameplay and rules:
Bowen has made a video and by watching it you get a good impression about rules and gameplay:

Heighway's own tutorial video:

Shot map:
11953379_126102664404917_8992670855117307047_o_(resized).jpg11953379_126102664404917_8992670855117307047_o_(resized).jpg

Current Software version
1.10 Initial release software
1.20 Major software update, with stable USB update platform
1.30 Minor update, with additional screen support software
1.41 Stonger flippers\pop bumpers, improved shaker motor\fiber optic control

Feedback on software version
If you have any feedback about a software version please post it in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds#post-3136662

Adjustments
Inner loop ball guide
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/6#post-3073686
Right Outlane
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/5#post-3056500
Install extra padding for glass frame
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/6#post-3090599

Fixes
Speaker - Low Hum noise
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/7#post-3173964

Speaker - High Pitch noise
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/7#post-3175096

Fix for spinning wheel discs falling off
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-fix-for-spinning-wheel-discs-falling-off

#2 8 years ago

Extensive Review
27 March 2016

I have Full Throttle now for more than a month and played a lot of games. Not quite an expert yet but I am ready to give you my thoughts about this game. Please note that this review is based on software version 1.30 and in this version the shaker was not enabled yet. Future software updates might change gameplay and might impact this review. Adjustments will be made then.

The review is based on the topics you find in the rating system on Pinside and I included the score as given in this system. Please let me know what you find of this review and any feedback is welcome

Standard Model
Software version 1.30
Shaker not enabled in this software version

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Design

Playfield layout 6\6
• +Very refreshing
• +Unique and fast playfield layout
• +Different use of geometry. Almost every shot seems to be on a angle you are not familiar with
• +Tight shots (especially right ramp)
• +Special placed spinner shot
• +Inner loop is an awesome shot
• +Big X-ramp
• +No waste of space
• +Placement of playfield monitor
• +Use of inductive switch technology
• - Inner loop drain if ball guides are not in line with each other *1
• - Scoop eject -> hit rubber – bounce to left – sometimes results into a drain *2
• - Right outlane -> unnecessary drains and not much nudge possibilities *3

Game rules 5\6
• +Racing mode is well designed
• +Challenge modes award system is well thought out
• +Stackable modes
• +Playfield multiplier
• +Easy to understand rules
• +High replay value
• - You do not get a feeling you are working towards a final goal

Toys and Gimmics 4\6
• +Nice details in Valentino
• +Bike making wheelie is cool
• +Spinning wheels are a nice feature
• -Interaction of Valentino could be better

Game play 5\6
• +Fast
• +Rewarding shots
• +Cool skill shot
• +Satisfying combos
• +Shots have to be accurate, almost no margin for off angles shots
• +Racing mode is challenging and very satisfying
• +Stacking challenge modes is cool
• +Want to come back for more
• +Game makes you get exited
• +Inner loop shot is very cool
• +Spinner shot is cool
• -Sometimes unforgiving with very short ball times
• -Rules do not give you a feeling you are working to a final goal
• -Lacking atmosphere in the context of not getting the feeling you are part of a greater story

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artwork

Playfield art 5\6
• +Hand drawn art
• +Good text on inserts
• +Eye for detail
• +Well integrated with theme
• +Good color balance
• +Plastic: some plastic (bike chain\ checkered flag) are simple but fit the theme well
• +Nice backboard and apron

Overall all seems very well thought of to bring the art in balance and that is exactly what it is. A total package. Nice and well executed.

Backglass art 5\6
• +Hand drawn art
• +Simple but enough detailed and well integrated with theme

Cabinet art 5\6
• +Hand drawn art
• +Simple but enough detailed and well integrated with theme
• +Backlighted

Cabinet art is like all the other art well integrated in the theme. Simple but detailed and it is back lighted. I for sure do find that a very big plus as this creates a new dimension to how art can be presented.

Animations 4\6
• +Simple but effective
• +Nice execution of dashboard
• -Not that much variation
• -Not spectacular
• -Instant scope award not that great
• -Does not draw you into the game to make you part of a racing team

Sound and Music

Sound effects 4\6
• + Most are good.
• -Motocross sound effect not so good
• -Not that much variation

Music 5\6
• +Good choice of music style. Fits the theme well
• +Enough variation between modes

Quality 6\6
• +Separate amplifier
• +Adjustable treble\bass\volume
• +Good and balanced sound output
• +Separate bass speaker
• +Good quality satellite speaker

Variation 4\6
• +Music variation between modes is good
• -Sound effects and speech could use some more variation

Other Aspects

Game lighting 5\6
• +Great use of RGB Insert and GI lightning
• +Pop bumper leds represent country colors
• +GI leds represent country colors
• +Color changing standup targets
• +When a lot of modes are active the color balance is very great and looks way cool
• -GI is on a dark side
• -No spectacular light show(s)

Lastability 5\6
• +High replay value
• -Sometimes very short game times that demotivates to play again

Theming 5\6
• +All aspects of this pin are looked after resulting in a very well integrated theme
• +It’s all about racing
• +Details are consistently seen throughout the game
• -Could use some more atmosphere to pull you into the racing theme
• -Sound effects, animations and use of Valentino need to level up

Fun 5\6
• +For all ages
• +Finishing races and challenges gives you a good feeling
• +Fast combos are fun
• +Overall a very enjoyable game

Overall

This is Heighway’s first pin. Can you believe it? Yes, it has gone a long way for reaching its current state but what an achievement in the end. You can see that all aspects of designing this pin have gotten the attention they needed.

In the list of pins I have rated Full Throttle stands next to Twilight Zone now. I think this is a big compliment

This is the next level of pinball. A very user and operator friendly pinball design due to its modular build and innovative design. Very well done Heighway and looking forward to many pins to come. Which one is going to beat Attack from Mars from being my all time favorite game

* 1: See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/6#post-3073686
* 2: Fix is already available for this. More info will be posted soon.
* 3: See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/5#post-3056500

2 weeks later
#14 8 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Could the people that played the game enough rate it?
Just 15 ratings for the game to have a rating on pinside. Would love to see it

Did not play it enough to rate it yet. When Full Throttle is my house I will rate it for sure. Expect a high rating

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from CCary:

Just got confirmation that my Full Throttle has begun in the manufacturing line and scheduled completion date. Sounds like it might be to me around X-mas time. Very excited!

Wow, that is great news. Are you in the so called second batch of 78 pins?

#20 8 years ago

Spoke with Andrew today. My pin is planned to be ready mid January 2016. Looking forward to that

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

..awaiting delivery of more playfields and parts

Do not understand that. They do make the playfields in-house I thought.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

maybe mid Jan for everyone

Probably not. I think the pins for the US get done first

1 week later
#29 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Hoping for a fun evening
2015-12-14 15.33.28.jpg

That looks very good. Only one thing looks better......an unboxed Full Throttle and you enjoying it

Congrats!

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Yes, but unfortunately it wasn't ready in time so they will have to send it later.
Taking a small break right now. As you can (maybe) see from the pictures, I went with gloss black cabinet and a transparent apron with leds(not for sale, I got one of the prototype aprons because Andrew is a cool guy)
I figured that gloss black would work great for all future playfields, also
Sorry about the picture quality. It's pretty dark here in the winter
2015-12-14 16.56.40.jpg
2015-12-14 16.57.01.jpg

I really like the black trim. Me want too

#46 8 years ago

From the Heighway newsletter:

We are releasing a new software update for Full Throttle over the festive period - Version 1.20 - including new sound, new videos and some bug fixes.

1 week later
#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Has 1.20 been released yet?

Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the update process for heighway games?

I do not know. Could not find any section on the site of Heighway for software updates.

I did send Andrew a pm if he can explain how the software update process works.

2 weeks later
#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So fiber optics--not "yet". Is the shaker an option? I didn't see that as an option when ordering.

It is still not on their website. But I could order it and Andrew told me that the code for the shaker is already included in the rules.

I must admit though that I did not hear of the shaker being present in pins that Heighway brings to shows nor in the pins that already have been shipped.

@Andrew: If you might read this, can you comment on the availability of the shaker motor.

1 week later
#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It sounds like this thread is about to busy!

I am expecting something in the coming weeks.....might come in a big box.....

1 week later
#85 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

1.20 will be released this week, followed by 1.30 within 2 weeks of that

Hi Andrew, care to share the revision details?

1 week later
#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I received an email from Oti @ Heighway Pinball showing my pin being boxed up, she included this Playfield pic. Notice anything different/new?

DSC_3629_(resized).JPG

Right ramp sign?

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I received an email from Oti @ Heighway Pinball showing my pin being boxed up, she included this Playfield pic. Notice anything different/new?

DSC_3629_(resized).JPG

Right ramp sign!
League racing
Left ramp sign? (Cannot see that fully on picture?)
And the red sign in the back

That's four

Makes the overall look more complete. I like it very much.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

YES! They added some cool New Plastics!

Maybe some extra mode too? League racing is not on the inserts is it?

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wonder if they are coming loaded with latest software

Quoted from Zampinator:

That would be cool!

Update received from Andrew:

All games must be updated from 1.10 to 1.20. From there, games can be updated to any software version.

All games are currently being shipped with 1.30

1.10 Initial release software
1.20 Major software update, with stable USB update platform
1.30 Minor update, with additional screen support software
1.40 Major update with full shaker motor and fibre optic enable. Currently being tested and available for all customers within 2 weeks

1 week later
#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Look what I picked up from Freight today!

Congrats! What a beautiful game. Enjoy the adrenaline

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

We updated our game 002 to 1.2 last night. We were streaming it on new code last night for league. People are loving it and getting much better at it quickly.
» YouTube video

Cool video. Thanks for sharing.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Thank you! I honestly can't stop playing it! Still learning the geometry of all the shots. I like the new plastics they added too, they add some polish to the playfield.
I wasn't going to get the big screen, but Andrew called me the day before it shipped & talked me into it, I'm glad I listened to him!
IMG_20160216_120620944_(resized).jpg

Games look very good and the theme is very well implemented. Perfect example that you cannot judge a pin based on an unpopulated (Hi Alien) playfield. Very well done Heighway.

Hope my game arrives soon.

#146 8 years ago

Yeeeeeaaaaahhh

Just got a mail from Oti. My game will ship tomorrow and will be here coming Monday. Very excited

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Awesome news! Congrats, your gonna love it!

I already do

#158 8 years ago

Added shot map on first page overview

#165 8 years ago

She has arrived

IMG_20160222_115500_(resized).jpgIMG_20160222_115500_(resized).jpg

What a beautiful game

IMG_20160222_171859_(resized).jpgIMG_20160222_171859_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160222_171922_(resized).jpgIMG_20160222_171922_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160222_171903_(resized).jpgIMG_20160222_171903_(resized).jpg

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Ha ball 3 and you only managed to hit one ramp ,to think you questioned my pinball skills
image_(resized).jpeg

I am player 2 off course. Player 1 and 3 must have been my son. Player 4 most probably my girlfriend

But seriously. I am going to write it in a short summary in a bit but you really have to get used to the geometry. Everything seems to be at just a different angle that you are used to. Quite challenging.

#172 8 years ago

Full Throttle first impression
I only have played a few games so here is my first impression. This will be a very short summary and a more extensive review will be written on the fist page of this thread. Please note that all settings are on factory defaults. Software version 1.30

First of all congrats to team Heighway to deliver such a good looking and playing game. Very well done.

Build
You can see that there has gone a lot of thought into all aspects of designing this game. The modular build looks great. And the overall finish looks great.

Playfield Layout
You really have to get used to the geometry. Everything seems to be on a angle you are not familiar with. And that is a good thing. You really have to give it a lot of effort to make correct shots and get rewarded.

Rules
Though simple and understandable, there is so much going on and the game is soooo fast at some points that it is just a matter of surviving most of the time.

Game Play
Ones you get used to the angles of the shots and an understanding of the rules this game will be a blast to play. For now it is mostly surviving. Starting races and playing multi ball is doable. Stacking challenges for add a ball is….ehhh….very challenging at the moment.

Art
This is a very well executed theme and the art fits in perfectly.

Animations
Though simple they really integrate into the theme. The big screen looks gorgeous.

Sound
Honestly, I have the volume on 3 now. It goes to 31! If I will set it higher that 15 people in my neighborhood will evacuate their homes because they think that there is an earthquake going on. But the sound quality is very good. Music, sound effects and call outs are good.

Lightning
The RGB leds look fantastic. The lightning in the pop bumper representing the flag of the current country you are racing in is cool. I think some people will find the GI a bit on the low side. I do not have a problem with that.

Fun
Me and my family had a blast today playing this pin. It is fun for people of all ages. My son really likes to start a race. ‘Yes, Japan. Didn’t do that one.’ Priceless

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ok, all this excitement has me thinking about changing my order to FTH now, with Alien PF later. I'm currently in for Alien LE with FTH PF to come with it. I'm so confused by the problems thrown at me by the first world. Damn you disposable funds!!

Go for it

You won't regret it. This game rocks.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Congrats PinballRulez! Glad to see your wait is finally over. I bet you're not regretting bailing on that Hobbit preorder huh?
Smart man Play a few games for me!

Thanks.
No regrets, one of my best decisions ever in respect to pinball This game rocks

Will do. If you ever make it to The Netherlands you can play the pin yourself

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I'm telling you guys when you get one in your house, or you get a chance to spend some time looking it over. I'm mean, really looking it over, glass off just analyzing it, it's unreal! This thing is oozing technology everywhere! I have a new Metallica Premium & Star Trek Premium & Mustang Premium next to Full Throttle. They are all fun games & I still like them, but they look like dinosaurs technology wise next to Full Throttle. If this is any indication of what Alien/Aliens(2 pins in 1!) is going to look like, it's going to be Unbelievable!
Heighway Pinball is Not a boutique company, they are going to be a Major force to deal with in the pinball market for a Long time! It's going to fun to watch them grow over the next few years.

Confirmed

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Haven't looked closely at this...so do they use an opto type switch pointed up through the inserts or what?

Magnetism based I believe

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Anybody here any updates on the LE? I'm thinking I should have ordered a standard.

I think they are still testing the 1.40 software that supports both the shaker motor and fiber optic ramps.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We have been asked about chrome trim options, and have recently received a full set.
The following photos show the set mounted on an LE cabinet.
These chrome trim sets are not available yet, but will be available in the future.

IMG_8874_(resized).JPGIMG_8900_(resized).JPGIMG_8894_(resized).JPGIMG_8892_(resized).JPGIMG_8891_(resized).JPGIMG_8888_(resized).JPGIMG_8884_(resized).JPGIMG_8883_(resized).JPGIMG_8882_(resized).JPGIMG_8879_(resized).JPGIMG_8877_(resized).JPG

Looks awesome.

3 weeks later
#239 8 years ago

I do not know if you have the same experience as I have. But I find that there are some unnecessary drains and not much nudge opportunities on the right outlane.

So I made a small adjustment that can bring even more joy to this already wonderful game.

What did I use (metric=cm):

- One white post rubber
Left is the original, the right one is the new one
IMG_20160325_173016_(resized).jpgIMG_20160325_173016_(resized).jpg

- One black post rubber
IMG_20160325_203452_(resized).jpgIMG_20160325_203452_(resized).jpg

I replaced the original small white one with the bigger one on the post just above the long lane guide.
I moved the original black rubber of the post just above the right 'special insert' a bit down and moved the black rubber as shown in the picture above on the spot were the original black rubber was.

Before
IMG_20160325_172637_(resized).jpgIMG_20160325_172637_(resized).jpg

After
IMG_20160325_203933_(resized).jpgIMG_20160325_203933_(resized).jpg

#240 8 years ago

Extensive Review added to first page

I have Full Throttle now for more than a month and played a lot of games. Not quite an expert yet but I am ready to give you my thoughts about this game. Please note that this review is based on software version 1.30 and in this version the shaker was not enabled yet. Future software updates might change gameplay and might impact this review. Adjustments will be made then.

The review is based on the topics you find in the rating system on Pinside and I included the score as given in this system. Please let me know what you find of this review and any feedback is welcome

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I just put a few games on a friends. Great flow and super fast pin.
We had one issue that he needs to call in. I was on ball 3 multiball and the game locked up. Most insert lights stayed on. There was a picture of whatever mode I was in on the Lcd and the flippers worked. Everything else died. Nothing else to do so we just turned off and on again.
Has anyone else had it lock Up ? Solution ?

Yes, I had 2 lock ups. Was on software version 1.30 with the shaker motor connected to the power board (it was disconnected from the factory, but I connected it myself).

As the shaker motor is supported from software version 1.40 I disabled the shaker motor from the menu and disconnected the power connector of the shaker motor from the power board. Never had any lock up issues from that moment on.

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

So you no longer use shaker ?

No, waiting for software version 1.40 as it is not supported in earlier versions.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Often drains is not a negative aspect on a game imo. It makes it hard to master and makes you wanna try again and again. hehehhe

True. But it was mostly not controllable (like direct fire from left sling into right outlane) or by unnecessary drains caused by:
- Inner loop shot often resulting in bounce of the back of the slingshot rubber resulting in a drain
- Not much nudge possibilities on the right resulting in a lot of drains

Both unnecessarry drain issues have been fixed now by adjusting the left ball guide of the inner loop shot. And adding different and extra rubber on the posts located near the right outlanes.

Quoted from hassanchop:

But I have a question: looking at all the videos, the flipper feel seems very different from William's or Stern's. Do they feel strange, or do they feel good?

Yes, the flippers feel different. But in a very positive way

Quoted from hassanchop:

Anyway, can't wait to try the game.

It is a great game. I think you will like it

#253 8 years ago

Inner loop - Ball Guide adjustments

As said in my extensive review I did have a lot of unnecessary ball drains caused by the ball bouncing against the back rubber of the left sling when making an inner loop shot. I think >70% of inner loop shot resulted in an unnecessary drain. You understand that this was quite frustrating

I did get instructions from Heighway, thanks Henry , on how to adjust the angle and what tool to use. They also send some pictures as reference, but as all pins are slightly different you have to adjust and test.

Before I started I removed the plastic above the ball guides so I did have more space for adjusting the large ball guide with the curve in it.

Before
Before_IMG_20160329_202213_(resized).jpgBefore_IMG_20160329_202213_(resized).jpg

I used some pliers and got some electric tape on them to prevent scratches on the ball guide.

Pliers
Tool_IMG-20160403-WA0001_(resized).jpgTool_IMG-20160403-WA0001_(resized).jpg

After
After_IMG_20160329_210511_(resized).jpgAfter_IMG_20160329_210511_(resized).jpg

I adjusted the guide and after every adjustment made some shots to test if the shot could be made 'perfect'.

18-04: Unfortunately I cannot get the angle of the guide in a way that all shots can be made with unnecessary drains. Working together with Heighway on a solution. To be continued

01-05: I got a new guide from Heighway that was setup on their test machine and tested on the inner loop shot to be perfect. After comparing my guide to the one Heighway send me you could see that mine was way of angle. This of course explains why I had so much unnecessary ball drains when the ball entered the leftmost inlane and drained then in the left outlane.

Here is a comparison picture of the ball guides. The old one is on the bottom:
IMG_20160428_202412_(resized).jpgIMG_20160428_202412_(resized).jpg

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

so did you just have to make a slight bend down on that loop ? is that what im looking at ?

Quoted from Wickerman2:

I can't tell what was done either...where was the bend?

The bend is made where the curve is, at the location of the screw. You must try the get the exit of that ball guide more in line with the guide that leads to the left flipper in such a way that the ball does not bounce against the back of the left sling rubber.

What I did is using the pliers in a vertical way so I had a good grip on the guide and then made a move forward. This seems not logical but this causes the curve to move more to the inside position.

It is indeed not easy to see on pictures, this is why you have to try and test if you are facing the same problem I did.

Hope this helps. If not let me know

1 week later
#258 8 years ago

Install new playfield glass

Recently I installed a sheet of anti glare playfield glass.

For two reasons I have made some adjustments to the padding of the glass frame:
1) The sheet of anti glare glass is 4 mm instead of the 6 mm factory installed playfield glass
2) Because the installed shaker is pretty strong I think some more padding is needed to absorb vibrations

So what did I use:
- 3 mm thick and 9 mm wide anti rattle tape
- 4 mm thick and 9 mm wide anti rattle tape
- An awl
- A pair of scissors
001_IMG_20160403_131503_(resized).jpg001_IMG_20160403_131503_(resized).jpg

Steps I performed:
- Added 1 row of 3 mm thick tape on top of the white tape on the frame
- Removed the white tape from the 4 panels
- Added 2 rows of 4 mm thick tape on the panels
- Used the awl to free the holes of the panels from any blocking tape
- Added 3 mm thick tape on the front of the small sides of the playfield glass
002__IMG_20160403_132323_(resized).jpg002__IMG_20160403_132323_(resized).jpg

003_IMG_20160403_131526_(resized).jpg003_IMG_20160403_131526_(resized).jpg

004_IMG_20160403_134304_(resized).jpg004_IMG_20160403_134304_(resized).jpg

As of software version 1.40 the shaker will be active. I will report back when I have tested the software to see if the added padding has the desired effect.

1 week later
#265 7 years ago

Found some interesting info about the rules on the website of one of the programmers, Janos Kiss.

http://kissjanos.com/2015/08/23/full-throttle-rule-set/

Hope Janos will update that info to replace the 'soon' markers with new stuff we wanna know

1 week later
#280 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

OMG my phone is trippin! Sorry

12 New updates and 25% of them from one poster saying.........nothing. Ridiculous

#281 7 years ago

But glad to see more people are getting interested in Full Throttle.

As many have said this pin is both unique in new technology, quality and gameplay. Ones you have played it you only want more

And do not forget the Heighway team is awesome. They always have time for you and their support is more than great. Seems like everyone there is breathing Pinball.

Yes, I am a fan and I sure hope Heighway Pinball is there to stay. Cause I am convinced Full Throttle is just the beginning of a awesome journey in the Pinball Universe.

Game on

#289 7 years ago

Finally my left ball guide is setup in a way it works. No unnecessary ball drains anymore

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/6#post-3073686 for full history.

Heighway did a great job with helping me fixing this problem.

#290 7 years ago

I started a new thread for collecting feedback on Full Throttle software versions:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds

Your feedback is much appreciated

#292 7 years ago

Congrats and enjoy

1 week later
#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I had to do some wire bundle adjusting to remove some electronic hum.

Did this hum come through the speakers? I have a very high pitch that you can only hear when no sound is played.
I already turned down the volume of the amplifier with no effect.

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I fixed this via adjusting the software sound settings in combination with the amplifier sound settings. I also rerouted the backbox speakers to not be in the same bundle as some of the other wire. Upgrading the amp wires is also a good option. Mainly turning down the amp and then adjusting up software sound seemed to work for me.

Thanks for the info. I will try the reroute the cables too.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Heighway suggested I not install my shaker until the software was ready. Has that changed?

No.

Shaker will become available in software version 1.40

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Can someone post some pics of their installed shaker? Can I use a Cointaker shaker? If so, how does it hook up? Ty ahead of time!

Heighway uses the Red Tremor shaker from Cointaker. However, I do not know if the shaker is customized to work in Heighway's pinns or that it is just the stock one you can buy from Cointaker.

#322 7 years ago

Nevus gave me detailed instructions on how to fix this. I will try to reproduce it. If successful I will post the fix here and inform Heighway support.

#324 7 years ago

Speaker – High Pitch Sound - FIX
I could be that you have a very high pitch noise coming through the speakers. This can be fixed by taking the following steps:

1. At the backbox remove the bundle of cables from the cable mount so that the connector can be easier accessed
2. Disconnect the connector and place the cable bundle with the big heat shrink wire wrap around it outside the cabinet
3. Use some scissors and cut open the heat shrink wire wrap along one of the folds
4. Disconnect the speaker cables from the amplifier for easy separation of the rest of the cable bundle
5. Fasten the heat shrink wire wrap by using tyraps along the bundle that has become separated from the speaker cables. Start connecting the heat shrink wire wrap as close as possible to the connector without putting too much stress on the separated speaker cables
6. Use electric tape to isolate the visible cables of the connector and do the same with the separated speaker cables
7. Use electric tape or tyraps to connect the speaker cables to the big bundle with heat shrink wire wrap around it

IMG_20160529_120330_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_120330_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_120702_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_120702_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_121647_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_121647_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_123456_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_123456_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_125129_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_125129_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_130817_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_130817_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_132552_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_132552_(resized).jpg

Now you are done and you can connect the connector again and the high pitch sound should be gone now. This is how it should look:

IMG_20160529_133440_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_133440_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_133151_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_133151_(resized).jpg

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Anyone else think the right ramp sign prevents successful shots up the ramp due to the entrance sitting so low?

Quoted from mveightball:

I was under the impression that the clear plastic ramp cover caused this issue

No problem with it on my pin. The right ramp shot has to be made 'perfect' to be good. The design of entrance of the ramp make any shot that is not made under the correct angle fail. If you use the correct angle the shot can be made with both the left or right flipper

In any way I find it the most challenging shot.

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

No, definitely not. I did take my sign off though, because it blocks the view to the back right of the playfield.

Nice score

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Any thoughts for those of you who have had FT for a while. Is it holding its own as far as ownership goes?

My impression is most people do not look into Full Throttle as they are not attracted to the theme. But.....once they have played Full Throttle they are pleasantly surprised by the speed, fun and easy to understand but yet challenging rule set. Yesterday I had 2 people over here from the Dutch Pinball Association. The were skeptical about Full Throttle when they came in and the left with a big smile after playing Full Throttle for 2,5 hours in a row

#351 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Andrew brought my game with him to RMPS so officially an owner. Fits like a glove in my basement

Congrats and enjoy your game

#361 7 years ago

What are good scores on this game? I've gotten on the board twice at 50 million +/-.

That is a good start. I think good games start at around a score of 150 million. Great scores, let's say > 350 million. We have to ask Zampinator on how we also can get such a score

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, so I just realized that a FT standard with a 27" LCD is the same price as a GB premium. It seems like FT offers more value for the same price considering it's a wide body with an LCD in the main playfield and a 27" LCD in the back box + every insert is color changing. I may be cancelling my GB premium order and going with a FT. Just need to keep doing some more research before I pull the trigger.

All leds in Full Throttle are full Rgb, also the GI

You probably have read all the things I have written on Pinside about Full Throttle, if not check it out. Maybe it can help you to get to a decision.

This game is very good. Modular quality build, some innovating stuff in it (like inductive sensors to replace roll over switches) very fast and good flow game. Not the deepest ruleset, but very easy to understand and with a lot of strategy involved (like major stacking opportunities) and above all it is fun Whatever your level of experience is, you do want to come back for one more game

So go for it, you won't be disappointed

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sweet. Sounds like a pretty solid and fun ruleset so far. Have you heard if Heighway is planning on expanding on it in future updates?

Ideas are posted here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds

Heighway members are reading and participating in this thread.

Some great ideas are already been mentioned and hopefully some will make it to a future software build.

#380 7 years ago

Can someone explain how to get the playfield multiplier going and how you know when to his the launch button? (I wish it was flashing or something ala Troll Bombs in MM.)

Pop bumper gets the revs up and second gear awards 2 x multiplier, third gear awards 3 x multiplier etc. You can see were you stand at the lights on the backboard.

When the ball is lost you have to start over again

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i got to play a game on FT at the showdown, WOW. this is probably 1 of the fastest and most fun widebodies i've ever played. I couldn't believe the MB modes and stacking, i didn't know what was going on, but i'm pretty sure i had a 10-15 minute stacked MB mode, it seemed like 8 balls were on the pf? the game plays great, and i enjoyed the ramps and strange orbits throughout the game. i ended up with 500 mil somehow (which was 2nd on the machine). i'd love to see more of these machines on location.

Wow, 500 million is an awesome score. Well done

#386 7 years ago

Me too. Practice time

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Same problem for me, regarding the plunger. Thanks for the tip regarding the board. (and also the wheels)

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Any product number or way to id the early boards?

Quoted from parabol420:

I believe there will be a new revision number on it. As soon as mine comes in, i'll let everyone know what number to look for on their board.

I think the new boards are red (instead of green) and are version 1.4

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I think those are the old ones. My 4 I/O boards are red and v1.4 and they told me mine were the older version and would need the new one to replace the I/O board that attaches to the driver board on the bottom of the cabinet.

Thanks for the update.

This means that all early models need revised boards. I will contact Heighway (Henry) about this and If ttue they should send out a bulletin letter to all involved.

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I think those are the old ones. My 4 I/O boards are red and v1.4 and they told me mine were the older version and would need the new one to replace the I/O board that attaches to the driver board on the bottom of the cabinet.

Do you have an LE or standard version ?

2 weeks later
#427 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

No, I don't believe so. I've noticed on mine, if the ball goes through the mph lane & then hits a pop bumper & comes quickly back through one of the mph lanes, sometimes it won't register. But this happens very rarely.

Same here

#428 7 years ago

Spoke to Andrew last week and most of their resources are assigned to get Alien ready as soon as possible. This probably means no major updates on Full Throttle on short term.

The good news is that soon a second development team will be installed and that then more time can be spend on software updates for Full Throttle.

Until then, enjoy your game and if you need support call Heighway.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

odd. I got an email from andrew saying to expect the next code update for FullT in the next couple weeks.
I hope that they realize that while FullT sales may not be spectaculor, they still need to juggle support of game #1 in order to build confidence in the company and game #2. For the most part they have been spectaculor but as of recently I think many of us have noticed a drop off (as they allocate energy towards Aliens obviously).

Might be referring to 1.4 were the shaker motor is supported. For what I know only a functional update. I have asked Janos and Andrew to give an update about when 1.4 will be distributed to customers.

What I meant is any extra's, bug fixes or tweaks suggested here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds will not be on the top of Heighway's list for the coming months.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well that sucks.
They are going to have to earn my business for Aliens, and lack of support for FullT code is not a good way to do it...
I really want to support Heighway, but currently it is getting more difficult.

There will be no lack of support for Full Throttle code as said earlier. When the second development team is installed there will be time for updates.

To be fair the current version 1.3 is pretty solid. As far as I know only one bug in it and that concerns wrong color lights for the Russian flag.

2 weeks later
#458 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Just joined the club last night! Having a high pitch background sqeal coming from the speakers - anyone else run into that?

In this thread a lot of info is already available. Here are the links

Speaker - Low Hum noise
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/7#post-3173964

Speaker - High Pitch noise
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/7#post-3175096

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

mine came today ! the box with the usb was bouncing around in the cabinet and had no wires hooked up to it , otherwise it was all good !

Congrats. Let us know what you find of this great pin

2 months later
#516 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

This a fun and beautiful game!

We need proof of that. Ehhh...a video would do

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I shot a short video on my iPhone and I don't know how to post it here. Any suggestions? The file ends in .MOV and that seems to be part of the problem. Sorry, this is not like posting photos.

Use a video uploading service like YouTube and post the link to that video here on Pinside.

2 months later
#524 7 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

I am currently running 1.2 code. I emailed Andrew a few months ago and heard nothing.
Can anyone hook me up with the newer code? Is it worth it?

Give me a PM with your mail-address and I will send you a link for the code.

4 months later
#572 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Here's what a top down view of the guide looks like. Should there be that much grass showing on the edge?

Just looked at my pin and it looks the same as on the picture you made. I cannot recall having any problems with that shot.

1 month later
#616 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I just leveled my screen and put mylar down. My next step is to mylar around the wheels.

Care to explain the process and post some pictures?

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I plan on removing the wheels, putting the mylar down, then carefully cutting around the inside of the wheel holes with a new blade. I have not removed the wheels yet. Is that a big deal?

I never did it so I don't know. I was just curious to see some pics as reference.

5 months later
#636 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Does anyone know if they plan on doing a code update on full throttle?

They have only 1 plan at the moment, get Alien pins out and survive.

If and when a Full Throttle update will come is unknown and not Heighway's priority at the moment.

1 month later
#652 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

I am offered this game at a reasonable price. Not much into the theme, but is it worth picking it up for the Alien kit? Or am I better off waiting for a deal on a used Alien somewhere in the future?

Quoted from rockrand:

I love my ft but don't hold you breath for an alien kit

This, and not sure if current prices of the kit make it that attractive as it was when the kit was approximately 60 percent of the standard edition price.

I advice you to contact iPinball as he is the distributor for The Netherlands to get insight in current kit price and delivery time.

1 week later
#667 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Any way to increase flipper strength? Not seeing anything for coil strength. Driving me nuts so many shots half way up the ramp.

Do not have my FT so I cannot check, but I do not recall a setting being there and I never had any problems with the flipper strength.

You are sure it is the strength of the flippers and not the angle of the shots being off? Especially the right ramp is punishing then.

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hey folks. My game won't boot. Gets to "Installing updates" then "Error installing updates." And sits there forever.
Anyone encounter this before?
Thanks in advance.

Maybe you can pm Ferret as he is on of the programmers and he might also have insight in the problem you are experiencing.

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from gentrsa:

I am one of those people, game resets at 70 million every time. Now the plunger stays up on switch after ball launch, so no ball 2 or multiball. Just want to play a whole game one time. Anyway updated 1.41 code would help a lot

Quoted from smokedog:

The only link provided by Helmut was for the SD card software. He specifically told me not to mess with the USB stick.

I will send you a PM with a link to the 1.41 code update

2 years later
#717 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

Hello,
Is this thread still valid? I've looked through several threads for Full Throttle and am wondering which is the most current. This says its the FT owners club. Are there any Full Throttle owners still out there? Is there a better place to talk about issues and resolutions for this game?
Thanks all!

I think this thread is still valid for background purposes but not for current information or support. I guess you can better try here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien/page/21

1 year later
#758 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Love my FT, but would like to find a rulesheet. Anyone?

On the first post under 'Gameplay and rules' videos are linked and a shot map is included:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline#post-2799958

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline?tu=pinballrulez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.