• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parabol420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

Has anyone had issues with the MPH lanes not always registering? Sometimes they do and often they don't. Also, sometimes I am able to change the MPH lights with my flippers, and other times I can't. Any ideas?

Yes, I have this issue from time to time as well, it is very sporadic and a switch that doesnt work now will work the next time the ball goes up there. I am definitely keeping an eye on it to see if it gets worse.

#406 7 years ago

FYI, to everyone getting a new game, make sure you level your wheels. If they are not level and sit just a hair below the playfield, the ball will chip the clear away and take the paint with it.

Here are some pics of two of my wheels. This happened within days.

Luckily, we have Cliffy and his awesome products. I ended up getting 4 of his carbon fiber magnet protectors for TWD and the newer Stern style magnets. These fit the wheel openings perfectly and actually look pretty good.

image3_(resized).jpegimage3_(resized).jpeg

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I've noticed inconsistency in the auto launcher and the mpg lanes as well. I've tweaked the left loop lane guide a few times to keep the SDTM drains to a minimum but it still drains when the launcher fires at full power, maybe 1 out of 10 times. I only have 162 total plays so I'm still learning.

What is the build date on your game? I had ALL kinds of issues with my auto-plunger. Mostly it is super weak, but every now and then it gets all the way around the orbit. For the longest time everyone told me my fuses were incorrect, so I changed them and it seemed to kinda fix the problem, but it would still surface. I finally got on a Skype session with the Heighway engineering team and we identified that my game shipped at the end of March, but in April they discovered there was an issue with the primary I/O board that sits on top of the driver board and they built a revised version. Since my game shipped before that, it didnt have the new board and the game was very wonky and underpowered and not consistent at all.

I am now waiting for the new board to arrive from Heighway, they are confident this will fix all the strange issues I have experienced with my game.

If you have a game that was built before April, and you feel it does weird stuff from time to time, I would contact Heighway and see if you need the revised I/O board.

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Any product number or way to id the early boards?

I believe there will be a new revision number on it. As soon as mine comes in, i'll let everyone know what number to look for on their board.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Same problem for me, regarding the plunger. Thanks for the tip regarding the board. (and also the wheels)

I forgot to add this as well. If you have one of the early games that were built before April, then you need to check your wheel motors as well. You are checking to see if there are capacitors installed between the leads going to each motor. The early models don't have them, and Heighway realized they are needed to smooth the current across the 4 motors to keep them from burning out. If you don't have them, hit up their support line and they will send you the components to solder in.

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I think the new boards are red (instead of green) and are version 1.4

I think those are the old ones. My 4 I/O boards are red and v1.4 and they told me mine were the older version and would need the new one to replace the I/O board that attaches to the driver board on the bottom of the cabinet.

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Do you have an LE or standard version ?

Mine is a standard.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I have a standard with a SN ending in 0057. My IO boards are red V1.4 with a hand written sticker REV B below that. I also have the capacitors soldered on the motor leads.

I believe this is the new board, mine does not have that sticker.

1 month later
#480 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

raised them up 1/8th and it didnt change a thing. the plastic sign over my ramp is now broken from getting hit . i have an email in to heighway as well as m distributor . strange . left flipper shots can even get back to the launch , and right flipper shots can get up and over the plastics and the ball gets trapped on the cycle .

Same thing happened to me, both plastics shot by the end of the first week. Insane air balls.

Here is what I did to fix it:
1. Ensure that the wheel mechs are 100% completely flush
2. Ensure that the flipper sub assembly mech is 100% completely flush
3. Remove those god awful superbands, this game already gets a lot of side spin on the ball, these only exacerbate the problem and will get the ball airborne. Put regular rubbers on.

If all of that has been done and you are still having the issue, then it is probably an issue with the bats themselves, like others mentioned before me. I am sure Andrew and his team will get this figured out for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parabol420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline?tu=parabol420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.