Topic Stats

• 713 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by BertoDRINK1
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 160 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG
7645F636-57B3-4CCC-8B18-089122213632 (resized).jpeg
07375C57-7834-4184-BE77-5A20157F2538 (resized).jpeg
DD030FCF-6478-4C08-82D8-84CEC16118C9 (resized).jpeg
86CABF7C-ECA7-4497-A5C4-A17413A10FE3 (resized).jpeg
A61F524E-EEB1-43EB-B443-D973CDA81650 (resized).jpeg
20180213_150227 (resized).jpg
20180210_215225 (resized).jpg
20180210_213634 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 3 years ago

Cool... first known LE delivered. Would love to see video of the LE light show when you get a chance.

1 week later
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the update process for heighway games?

There's a usb stick in the cpu, you put the new game code on that, and put it back in, and it will auto load it.

I haven't done it myself, but Andrew has explained it in the past.

1 month later
#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Our game #002 off the line still has 1.0. Can't wait to update it finally.

yeah I'm still rocking the 1.0 as well.

Is Valentino updated in the new software? That is the #1 thing I get asked about, why isn't that guy doing anything.

#108 3 years ago

Got my software update for 1.2! This is the first update since my machine arrived, with version 1.0.

The knocker now works. The coin door light is now on. There are new animations. Valentino will now track the ball, so when your ball enters the shooter lane he immediately turns to face that direction and then he follows switch hits.

The change log addresses lots of bug fixes and improvements, so I imagine the game will play more reliably.

Overall the game feels more "done".

Still requesting Canada get added as the Mystery flag though... everyone always asks me why Canada is not on the game .

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What's the word on the skill shot volume? I thought that was an issue for some people.

Haven't noticed any difference although honestly I don't have my game loud at the moment. I'd have to turn it up and then see if the engine rev blasts through my house again.

#131 3 years ago

If "three way combo" is gone, I hope they add it back. It is a great call out.

#160 3 years ago

just a suggestion, I'm always confused by High Octane mode and look at the LCD for some help for what to shoot and best I've seen there is no help there.

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

How are the 'under-playfield-switches' holding up? Seems like they register fine all the time?

Zero issues with the switches in the 6 months i've had mine.

Quoted from sven:

Isn't the game a bit 'too much multiball', or is that ok for you're losing the ball quickly enough?

The game is super fast. It's good to have the multiballs. Overall ball times don't seem to be longer than any other game. It plays different than any other game i have which is good.

#227 3 years ago

amazing.

4 weeks later
#242 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Extensive Review added to first page

I agree with most of your review. This is a very solid "first pin" for a new company. The issues we might call negatives are not huge game breaking issues, more of the "we wish it could be just a bit better" variety.

I have added 2 spot lights to my game, driven by power from the coin slot which is now powered in version 1.2 of the software. That helps a lot and matches my Stern collections better, so the game doesn't appear so dark in the lineup.

Reliability for me has been very good, no game critical breaks.

#251 3 years ago

I had a pinball party at my house this week with a couple dozen guests, the first large gathering I've had since my Full Throttle had been upgraded to 1.2. Previously at large gatherings the game had locked up once or twice, as well as some balls sometimes falling into the cabinet because of the missing shooting lane guard.

I've since received the lane guard and the software update, so there should be no more problems.

I'm happy to report the game ran flawlessly all night of continuous play.

1 month later
#299 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Anyone add spotlights yet?

I powered my spot lights from the coin slot light.

#301 3 years ago

SubstandardFullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

I used existing posts. There was a hole near the ramp exit on the right side, which easily passed the wires through.

The whole playfield is now lit, and I play in complete darkness. The coin door power is always on, so the spots are on consistently, but the game lighting still works effectively.

1 week later
#314 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Thanks Frolic. I see the one on the right slingshot and by the captive ball on the left. It looks great. Any others?

Just the 2, lights up the middle of the playfield nicely. Basically solves the issue of the game appearing dim.

I think I've seen photos of internal tests at Heighway testing apron led strips. Not sure how that would compare, but the 2 spotlights fit in the game easy and look pretty factory to me.

#317 3 years ago

It helps to set the pop switches to "hair trigger". They do seem a little further apart than on other games, so they never trap the ball too much.

#319 3 years ago

It would help if the pops added more animation to the LCD, instead of the needle moving a few pixels. Add to the overall excitement of the pops.

2 weeks later
#393 3 years ago

Full Throttle had different toys originally (Getaway style ball loop and pop up pop bumpers where the wheels are), but weren't reliable enough. The ones that made it to the game aren't "wow", but in the end it's game #1 and you gotta get it out the door and you gotta make sure it works. So those 2 goals were accomplished.

11 months later
#568 2 years ago

I don't recall my left orbit ever being an issue and most reviews of the game talk about the flow and geometry being bang on, so if there was a orbit problem people would be talking about it. I think the most complained about shot is the right ramp, but for me that is fine as well and doable from both flippers.

So hopefully your left orbit can be tweaked into shape.

#570 2 years ago

You know, I just went and played a game, and focused solely on that left orbit, and I did see a fair bit of rattled shots. There were smooth ones as well, so it can shoot clean and smooth, but definitely some rattled and some rejected, so perhaps it does come down to "play better". Your machine may very well be playing the same as mine.

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yah, I figure it's just a matter of hitting that shot better.
On another note, we used it in league play last night. Found out that after a 4 player game is finished, it only displays the 4th persons score. No way to see the other scores. Kinda stunk. Any work arounds for that?

What software version are you? I don't recall that a current issue.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from BentHimself:

It fixed itself with a power cycle restart.

I'm unclear, is the 4 player score working on your game?

I just tested mine with a 4 player game, and when the game is over the 4 scores are visible and continue to be shown on the attract mode.

#584 2 years ago

I have had to power cycle my game a few times. Not regularly, but there's never been a problem that I haven't corrected with a cold boot.

1 week later
#606 2 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

Playfield is definitely going to have to come out. Not enough room from Coin door to adjust.

lifting games playfields are part of pinball ownership, might as well get used to it. You can tip the whole playfield up and lean it back, but take the balls out first before they roll out.

6 months later
#637 1 year ago

Brian has said earlier any updates for Full Throttle will only be for the "new" computer system. So if you're going to upgrade your Full Throttle with an Alien kit, you might see an update. But they'd have to make kits available first.

From the Alien thread, there seems to be more issues with Alien machines than with Full Throttles, so I'm ok with waiting for kits as they improve their process.

1 month later
#645 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

New issue popped up for my FT. Power up, starts booting, play field LCD gets to the point where it says game updating files and just sits there. Nothing else happens. Anyone have any idea?

You've cold rebooted and it gets stuck there every time?

I don't believe I've run into a problem where a cold reboot didn't clear it up.

1 week later
#654 1 year ago

There's been next to no info about kits. I don't think New HP has said a word.

I've still wanted a kit for the simple reason I'll have parts to cannibalize from a spare playfield, if it came down to it.

#656 1 year ago

Considering a new cpu will be needed for the kit, existing Full Throttle owners basically have:

-a cabinet
-speakers/sound system
-27" screen (if you have it)

Everything else will have to be new. So what is the above worth, and subtract that from an Alien price. Yeah the original premise isn't holding together.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
South Portland, ME
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Electronics
TheDudeMods
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 14.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside