• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I have had no lockup problems with mine and have never had to power cycle mine, so it seems that it is not all units.

I have never had a lockup or other issue playing it at home. I took it to PAGG last weekend where it was played non-stop Friday & Saturday. I did end up with a big chip on the playfield thanks to a sinking wheel but with that exception there were no lockups or any other issues that I am aware of.

I have ordered carbon fiber protector rings from Cliify (passionforpinball.com, which I think are originally for #TWD magnet protection) to 'repair' my damaged playfield. Besides carbon fiber looks so cool anyway I think they may actually make the game look better. I will post before and after pictures when they are installed.

FYI Make sure your wheels are flush and tight if they sink even a little you will most certainly have nearly instantaneous and heartbreaking playfield damage.

BTW this game is running software version 1.3 which was installed when I purchased it.

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm also curious about the highest number a Pinsider has on a Standard.

My FT Standard is 53.

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Were you able to adjust it back up?
I was thinking of putting some snug fitting mylar around those wheels just in case that happens on mine. Not sure it would help. The wheels don't affect the ball too much, they probably could've skipped those altogether.

Easily adjusted with a phillips screwdriver. I am thinking of adding allen head screws to make adjustment easier. The phillips can be a bit of a challenge on the middle one especially.

I agree that in hindsight the wheels don't do much for the game. But at the end of the day I am glad that they tried this. There are plenty of games with nothing new and I think it is better to try and innovate even if it doesn't succeed then not to try at all. I really wish that some type of edge protector was built in around the edge of the wheels instead of just leaving it bare. Seems like a bit of an engineering task but drop in sleeves would have solved this.

3 weeks later
#613 6 years ago

A shout out to Heighway Pinball

I needed some parts for my #FT. My email for support was returned very quickly and in just a couple of days my parts were on their way. I have the parts in hand now and the price including shipping was very reasonable. Many thanks to the support crew at Heighway!

2 weeks later
#614 6 years ago

I installed the cliffy carbon fiber protectors on my FT Playfield. I wasn't thinking clearly when I did this and ended up placing one off center a bit but I was able to trim it easily and i think while not perfect it still looks pretty good. I have played several games and haven't noticed the protectors interfering with the ball at all. Several others have played this as well and agree these look good and don't affect game play. Anyway here are some pics for your reference and I would say that you should definitely get these to protect you your playfield and if you do, you should remove the wheels when you do the installation so you can easily get them centered correctly.

IMG_1518 (resized).JPGIMG_1518 (resized).JPG

IMG_1523[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1523[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_1521 (resized).JPGIMG_1521 (resized).JPG

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I plan on removing the wheels, putting the mylar down, then carefully cutting around the inside of the wheel holes with a new blade. I have not removed the wheels yet. Is that a big deal?

I have found that removing the wheels is pretty easy. Actually this machine is one of the easiest I have ever worked on. (3 cheers to Heighway for excellent design.) However it is a bit tedious trying to level the wheels when you are reinstalling them. Also you should take care when reinstalling to make sure your screw is contacting a flat part of the shaft when you reinstall them.

Ultimately what worked best for me was to use a small level on the playfield to push the wheel against when reinstalling. This is a bit confusing as I read it so I will try to make my point a little clearer.

If you have a helper have them hold the flat edge (small level in my case) across the middle of the wheel hole.
Then you come at the wheel from under the playfield and with one hand hold the wheel so it is against the straight edge and with the other tighten the screw.

If you don't have a helper you can install the wheel so it is snug but not tight against the the motor shaft. Then using the straight edge push the wheel down to the right height (may need to work on the correct snugness that will hold the wheel in place but also allow for it to be moved) then carefully tighten the screw the rest of the way. Since the wheel is a bit loose on the shaft make sure that when you are tightening the screw you don't tilt the angle of the wheel. When you are done you want the wheel to be flush with the playfield all the way around.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Did the same thing a few months back. I have a big roll of mylar that I just cut to fit whatever.

Wow, so how far do you go with the Mylar? Seems like you would end up with a big 'island' of mylar in the middle of your playfield. Which is definitely better that having a damaged pf. But I would think that a few large circles of mylar centered on the wheels would be preferable.

6 months later
#661 6 years ago

I own FullT and I suggest not buying it if you are not into it. FullT is a super fun super fast game but 'the kit' doesn't really exist and the processor won't support Alien. If you want Alien, get Alien. If you want FullT get FullT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline?tu=fnosm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.