• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#252 8 years ago

I posted in another thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-full-throttle-owner-thanks-heighway-and-coin-taker

I'm new to the club and very happy. After months of having a crush on this game from afar, I played this at TPF and was smitten immediately. I purchased one right there and took it home from the show. My game has needed a few minor adjustments and my support has been outstanding.

First impressions: No game is perfect, but the flow here is amazing! I really like the bright colors combined with the clear ramps. The black cabinet with black trim is really nice. I think the all black will better accommodate the kits I plan to purchase (Alien).

Wish list: More animations would be nice for the LCD as well as a JJP style instruction tree for advancing through the modes. I was asked to not attach my shaker motor (got it from coin taker but was not built in to the game I purchased) until the code was updated. It should be a great fit for a racing theme.

It has edged out AMH as the shiny new jewel in my collection. It's great to see the new manufacturers making high quality games. I'm doing my part to support them, but it's not charity. These games have to be good and these are definitely good. I had a WOZECLE as well, but moved on to try new things.

This does appear to be a very operator friendly game. As I have no experience in the area, that's all I can offer. I sincerely hope operators grab on to this game and Heighway is able to succeed. It feels like pinball evolving in the right direction.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#254 8 years ago

Interesting. My inner loop is fine. Amazing what such s small difference makes.

1 week later
#259 8 years ago

Thanks for the step by step! Always appreciated.

1 week later
#264 7 years ago

Awesome sauce! Loving my FT big time.

#266 7 years ago

In case I missed it in this thread...

Pinball News has a new review of FT.
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index11.html

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#288 7 years ago

Very happy FT owner here. Good support from both Cointaker and Heighway. Like Arcade, I got mine at TPF.

1 week later
#295 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

The black looks nice and future-proofed for ALIEN.

Totally agree. I plan to add Alien as a kit when it's released.

1 week later
#300 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I powered my spot lights from the coin slot light.

Got some playfield pics? I'd like to see where you put them.

#306 7 years ago

Thanks Frolic. I see the one on the right slingshot and by the captive ball on the left. It looks great. Any others?

I was thinking about an LED strip under the apron. I had to do some wire bundle adjusting to remove some electronic hum. I think the led strips would be easy to tap.

Played mine last night, still really enjoying FT.

#311 7 years ago

Heighway suggested I not install my shaker until the software was ready. Has that changed?

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I fixed this via adjusting the software sound settings in combination with the amplifier sound settings. I also rerouted the backbox speakers to not be in the same bundle as some of the other wire. Upgrading the amp wires is also a good option. Mainly turning down the amp and then adjusting up software sound seemed to work for me.

Agree with a slight clarifications. There are two seperate issues that are not hard to fix. I have confirmed my findings with Heighway.

1. If the amp is turned up high and the game volume low, you get a hum. Mine came out of the box that way. It's corrected by turning down the amp and the in game up. All sounds will remain crisp and loud.

2. There is a second high pitched sound that is through the upper speakers. It come from the above described issue. Isolate the 4 speaker wires from the main bundle going up to the backbox. I just zip tied them along the outside. It worked perfectly. My game is now silent when I turn it on.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I brought my Full Throttle to a Pinball party this past weekend, it was well received.

Who's awesome?

You are!!!

1 week later
#348 7 years ago

You will enjoy it. FT is fun.

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I'm at 24 hours of FT ownership and loving it. I have a few questions for you more experienced owners:
1. one of the sticky plastic things on a wheel has come off. What is the best way to reinstall that? It looks like there was some sort of adhesive glue originally maybe? Any suggestions?
2. The right ramp is really tough to hit so far. Any suggestions on how to hit that more consistently? (I had to raise the wheel in front of it as it was nearly a 1/4" below the level of the playfield and has resulted in a small chip in the playfield and was causing A LOT of airballs as you can imagine lol.
3. The pop bumpers are very lethargic. I checked the leaf switches and they all look to be in great position. I read somewhere that this software version made them not very active. What's the deal?
Thanks for the help. Obviously, the most important thing for me right now is getting that rubber pad back installed so I can keep playing.

I've had mine since Texas in March and gone through a few ownership issues. Everything is working great. If you have any issues, feel free to PM etc.

1 month later
#429 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I'm definitely noticing the MPH lanes don't always register. Is this by design?

My game has an issue with the "M" switch not registering. I spoke to Andrew at the Rocky Mountain show about this specific issue. He said to lift the playfield and look at the sensors. Make sure that they are close enough to the playfield and that nothing is loose. If this doesn't work, call or email.

I have not taken time to do this yet. I will follow up here after I check it.

1 year later
#633 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Full throttle in red - saw the mock up pic, always thought it looked great, not sure if any actually got made so made it happen myself

Looks great! I think it found a happy home.

4 years later
#754 2 years ago

Wow. I haven’t thought about FT in a while.
I purchased one NIB at the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival and sold it about 18mo later. It was fun with a good flow to it. I hope you are enjoying your games now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline?tu=Nevus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.