• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jgaltr56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

I have a SE with the 27" screen on order and plan to order an Alien playfield when available. After reading all the back and forth on the Alien thread about what makes a LE special it seems to me that the SE is the way to go. Especially considering I went with the large screen. I would imagine I'll be able to display any art I want since it's all configurable.

2 months later
#88 8 years ago

Screen bezel?

1 week later
#113 8 years ago

Ok now I'm jealous. Air freight?

2 months later
#261 8 years ago

Got the email today. Won't be long now! (air freight)

FullThrottle001_(resized).JPGFullThrottle001_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#291 7 years ago

Finally!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#296 7 years ago

Anyone add spotlights yet? I was going to point them toward the middle of the playfield above the display to highlight the artwork there. I'm thinking of using the open 12vdc headers on the main board. I checked with my DMM and they are always on - at least in attract mode. I think Molex mini fit jr square connectors will work so I ordered some from Great Plains and some 12vdc LEDs from Comet.

#298 7 years ago

Yep did that, thanks. A zip tie at the factory would be a good idea there for sure.

1 week later
#323 7 years ago

Does anyone have the instructions on how to connect a mechanical coin mech?

1 week later
#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

No, definitely not. I did take my sign off though, because it blocks the view to the back right of the playfield.

I haven't noticed the ramp sign blocks my view but I'm 6 ft tall. Your photo pretty much shows my viewpoint. My 7 yr old son - yes! But then again most of the back 3rd is blocked for him by the ramps anyway.

2 weeks later
#407 7 years ago

I've noticed inconsistency in the auto launcher and the mpg lanes as well. I've tweaked the left loop lane guide a few times to keep the SDTM drains to a minimum but it still drains when the launcher fires at full power, maybe 1 out of 10 times. I only have 162 total plays so I'm still learning.

#420 7 years ago

I have a standard with a SN ending in 0057. My IO boards are red V1.4 with a hand written sticker REV B below that. I also have the capacitors soldered on the motor leads.

IMG_4270_(resized).JPGIMG_4270_(resized).JPG

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

have you replaced the bell armature? I bet the plactic is cracked. There was a bad batch (not just Heighway as I got a broken one of the same part number from a parts suppplier).
I would try that.

My plunger looks good

IMG_4273_(resized).JPGIMG_4273_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#424 7 years ago

Cross posted from Russell's tech post:

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

You have the timed plunger setting to on. Turn it off and it won't auto plunge on start. It's under Adjustments > Full Throttle > Adjustment 1.

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

Has anyone had issues with the MPH lanes not always registering? Sometimes they do and often they don't. Also, sometimes I am able to change the MPH lights with my flippers, and other times I can't. Any ideas?

I'm definitely noticing the MPH lanes don't always register. Is this by design?

3 weeks later
#466 7 years ago

A few mods to share:

Replaced the stock bike with a proper MotoGP bike. Shortened the spring a bit an attached it to the bottom of the hinged bracket. Much better wheelie action now.

Also added a FV MotoGP bike above the pops.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#473 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

The game I was playing had it happen on almost every initial plunge. Probably 28 out of 30 initial plunges.

This happens maybe 25% of the time for me but it's pretty rare to not have a ball save in effect when it does happen. Need to do more tweaking I guess. I just hate bending stuff when it's connected to the playfield, can't be good long term.

#482 7 years ago

I get a lot of air balls too. I think it's why I have had so many broken plastics. I find it happens more when the ball is out of control and coming back to the flippers fast and loose. It doesn't happen when I play better and keep the ball under control. I will try different rubber and see if that helps.

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I get a lot of air balls too. I think it's why I have had so many broken plastics. I find it happens more when the ball is out of control and coming back to the flippers fast and loose. It doesn't happen when I play better and keep the ball under control. I will try different rubber and see if that helps.

I swapped the factory flipper polyurethane with Titan silicone red. They are much less bouncy and don't cause the crazy spin which seems to help with airballs. This game definitely forces you to work on your ball control skills!

#488 7 years ago

I'm getting quite a few intermittent missed switch detects from the inductive sensors below the MPH lanes and the fast inner loop. Happens during gameplay and in test. Heighway recommends adjusting the inductives closer to the playfield but no detail on what is involved to do that. Just wondering if anyone has had success with this before I start removing PCBs? Also wondering if the ball type makes a difference? I put PBL Super Shinys in on day one because they don't get magnetized like others. Maybe they reduce the range of the inductive sensors?

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Inductive switches can be adjusted by placing a small screwdriver between the PCB and the playfield and pushing the switch out towards the playfield so it is sticking out at its maximum. See attached pic, hope this helps.

That did the trick. Thanks!

2 months later
#509 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I set up my new FTh LE yesterday and the pop bumpers and the octane ANE targets don't light up. Since they are both on the right side, I was thinking it might be a single issue. Does anyone have any ideas? I have checked for loose connections with no luck. Thanks for any suggestions.

Maybe a fuse? People have mentioned double checking the USB hub too. Just guesses here, I have not seen a schematic which would be nice to have.

6 months later
#574 6 years ago

Full Throttle reminds me of Williams IJ. When I first got them it seemed like every shot was a brick. Lanes are tight. Now after many plays later I have the shots down and they both flow well.

2 weeks later
#608 6 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

1st pic - is this hanging metal supposed to be like this?
2nd pic shows metal sticking out at entrance to garage lock. was alot worse before but still catches balls when heading to the lock. Have tried to bend it back a little. Any ideas don't want to break anything.

I'm not near my game now so can't comment on 1st pic

As far as 2nd pic, looks like previous owner got a little aggressive and bent the lane guide to prevent STDM balls on launch. I would either remove and straighten a little or carefully use 2 small vise grips while in game. Be very careful to hold bottom tight or you may damage the playfield. I tweaked mine a little to prevent most STDM drains but still get a few. The ball save timer protects against most anyway.

Read thru the thread, there's lots of tips for tweaking the game to make it play better

#610 6 years ago

I'm linking a post from bcd here for posterity. It confirms there is a path to upgrade our Full Throttle to better and less expensive hardware if our Utilite takes a crap. If it turns out Heighway can't support us in the future with a kit or upgrade then maybe we can work together to make this happen.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/19#post-3816533

1 week later
#612 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No idea if this is even possible, but is there any (easy) way to clone or create a mirror image that could be re-installed fresh if there are any problems? I am not a computer expert so this could be a completely stupid question.

There must be a way but Heighway would need to provide the files and some instructions. I don't think it's as simple as copying the USB stick (although that's not a bad idea in case it gets corrupted). I didn't see a SD slot on my Utility.

2 weeks later
#615 6 years ago

I just leveled my screen and put mylar down. My next step is to mylar around the wheels.

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Care to explain the process and post some pictures?

I plan on removing the wheels, putting the mylar down, then carefully cutting around the inside of the wheel holes with a new blade. I have not removed the wheels yet. Is that a big deal?

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Quoted from Jgaltr56:
I plan on removing the wheels, putting the mylar down, then carefully cutting around the inside of the wheel holes with a new blade. I have not removed the wheels yet. Is that a big deal?
I never did it so I don't know. I was just curious to see some pics as reference.

I ended up not removing the wheels. Instead I put mylar down and cut carefully around the wheel holes. That gave me 4 perfect round pieces of mylar that I put under the 2 ball drops at the bottom of the ramps and over the magnet. Here's a photo but it's probably not easy to see the mylar.

1499915250702255260624 (resized).jpg1499915250702255260624 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#632 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Full throttle in red - saw the mock up pic, always thought it looked great, not sure if any actually got made so made it happen myself

Can you post a close up of your side blades? Did you make those too?

1 year later
2 years later
#719 3 years ago

What's up!?

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yep, mine I traded a game worth 3200 for. It had sat for over a year. Mine had a few issues, but since I had alien next to it I could see what had been changed. For the price of some system 11's its a bargain, but it is more expensive to repair if things fail. It is also less relaible. I need to make clips for the induction switches.

Can you elaborate on the clips you mention? I need to adjust a few switches periodically.

7 months later
#737 2 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

What is my options When not having the pc and USB stick?

The LEDs after the upper inlane "H" insert are out. I think the "P" is flakey. I have spare LEDs and replaced it and now they flicker. Any suggestions on how to bullet proof the LED socket? I think that might be the culprit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jgaltr56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline?tu=Jgaltr56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.