• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG
There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.
#301 7 years ago

SubstandardFullSizeRender_(resized).jpgSubstandardFullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

I used existing posts. There was a hole near the ramp exit on the right side, which easily passed the wires through.

The whole playfield is now lit, and I play in complete darkness. The coin door power is always on, so the spots are on consistently, but the game lighting still works effectively.

#302 7 years ago

Is it possible to add a shaker and el wire to a standard edition?

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Is it possible to add a shaker and el wire to a standard edition?

Yes

#304 7 years ago

My standard is shaker plus fiber optics so assume so. Just emailed Heighway and added the stuff.

#305 7 years ago

Thanks. How did you go about ordering the EL Wire kit?

#306 7 years ago

Thanks Frolic. I see the one on the right slingshot and by the captive ball on the left. It looks great. Any others?

I was thinking about an LED strip under the apron. I had to do some wire bundle adjusting to remove some electronic hum. I think the led strips would be easy to tap.

Played mine last night, still really enjoying FT.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I had to do some wire bundle adjusting to remove some electronic hum.

Did this hum come through the speakers? I have a very high pitch that you can only hear when no sound is played.
I already turned down the volume of the amplifier with no effect.

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Did this hum come through the speakers? I have a very high pitch that you can only hear when no sound is played.
I already turned down the volume of the amplifier with no effect.

I fixed this via adjusting the software sound settings in combination with the amplifier sound settings. I also rerouted the backbox speakers to not be in the same bundle as some of the other wire. Upgrading the amp wires is also a good option. Mainly turning down the amp and then adjusting up software sound seemed to work for me.

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I fixed this via adjusting the software sound settings in combination with the amplifier sound settings. I also rerouted the backbox speakers to not be in the same bundle as some of the other wire. Upgrading the amp wires is also a good option. Mainly turning down the amp and then adjusting up software sound seemed to work for me.

Thanks for the info. I will try the reroute the cables too.

#310 7 years ago

Can someone post some pics of their installed shaker? Can I use a Cointaker shaker? If so, how does it hook up? Ty ahead of time!

#311 7 years ago

Heighway suggested I not install my shaker until the software was ready. Has that changed?

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Heighway suggested I not install my shaker until the software was ready. Has that changed?

No.

Shaker will become available in software version 1.40

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Can someone post some pics of their installed shaker? Can I use a Cointaker shaker? If so, how does it hook up? Ty ahead of time!

Heighway uses the Red Tremor shaker from Cointaker. However, I do not know if the shaker is customized to work in Heighway's pinns or that it is just the stock one you can buy from Cointaker.

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Thanks Frolic. I see the one on the right slingshot and by the captive ball on the left. It looks great. Any others?

Just the 2, lights up the middle of the playfield nicely. Basically solves the issue of the game appearing dim.

I think I've seen photos of internal tests at Heighway testing apron led strips. Not sure how that would compare, but the 2 spotlights fit in the game easy and look pretty factory to me.

#315 7 years ago

Anyone else notice pop bumpers aren't as responsive as Sterns or Williams? Seems I only get a couple of hits through there each time. I tried adjusting the switches with little improvement.

#316 7 years ago

Yes, they are weak compared to a Stern pin & or a Williams pin. Mine were not adjusted properly from the factory & then one of the wire connectors broke about 10 games in. I soldered the wire back on to the coil(easy fix) & then adjusted the leaf switches to a hair trigger, now they are working really good.

#317 7 years ago

It helps to set the pop switches to "hair trigger". They do seem a little further apart than on other games, so they never trap the ball too much.

#318 7 years ago

Pops are tuned down in code. I think it is due to using the DE plastic style brackets which were intended for lower v line power but heighway runs higher v than normal. They don't want to break brackets.

I was told they will be given more action in next code update.

#319 7 years ago

It would help if the pops added more animation to the LCD, instead of the needle moving a few pixels. Add to the overall excitement of the pops.

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agree with a slight clarifications. There are two seperate issues that are not hard to fix. I have confirmed my findings with Heighway.

1. If the amp is turned up high and the game volume low, you get a hum. Mine came out of the box that way. It's corrected by turning down the amp and the in game up. All sounds will remain crisp and loud.

2. There is a second high pitched sound that is through the upper speakers. It come from the above described issue. Isolate the 4 speaker wires from the main bundle going up to the backbox. I just zip tied them along the outside. It worked perfectly. My game is now silent when I turn it on.

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Isolate the 4 speaker wires from the main bundle going up to the backbox.

attn: Heighway

#322 7 years ago

Nevus gave me detailed instructions on how to fix this. I will try to reproduce it. If successful I will post the fix here and inform Heighway support.

#323 7 years ago

Does anyone have the instructions on how to connect a mechanical coin mech?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#324 7 years ago

Speaker – High Pitch Sound - FIX
I could be that you have a very high pitch noise coming through the speakers. This can be fixed by taking the following steps:

1. At the backbox remove the bundle of cables from the cable mount so that the connector can be easier accessed
2. Disconnect the connector and place the cable bundle with the big heat shrink wire wrap around it outside the cabinet
3. Use some scissors and cut open the heat shrink wire wrap along one of the folds
4. Disconnect the speaker cables from the amplifier for easy separation of the rest of the cable bundle
5. Fasten the heat shrink wire wrap by using tyraps along the bundle that has become separated from the speaker cables. Start connecting the heat shrink wire wrap as close as possible to the connector without putting too much stress on the separated speaker cables
6. Use electric tape to isolate the visible cables of the connector and do the same with the separated speaker cables
7. Use electric tape or tyraps to connect the speaker cables to the big bundle with heat shrink wire wrap around it

IMG_20160529_120330_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_120330_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_120702_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_120702_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_121647_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_121647_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_123456_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_123456_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_125129_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_125129_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_130817_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_130817_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_132552_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_132552_(resized).jpg

Now you are done and you can connect the connector again and the high pitch sound should be gone now. This is how it should look:

IMG_20160529_133440_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_133440_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160529_133151_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_133151_(resized).jpg

#325 7 years ago

Great write up! Thankfully I've never had this issue.
I brought my Full Throttle to a Pinball party this past weekend, it was well received. Many people thought it was a blast to play. Several people have never even heard of it.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I brought my Full Throttle to a Pinball party this past weekend, it was well received.

Who's awesome?

You are!!!

#327 7 years ago

Anyone else think the right ramp sign prevents successful shots up the ramp due to the entrance sitting so low?

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Anyone else think the right ramp sign prevents successful shots up the ramp due to the entrance sitting so low?

I was under the impression that the clear plastic ramp cover caused this issue

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

No, definitely not. I did take my sign off though, because it blocks the view to the back right of the playfield.

IMG_20160514_212034165_(resized).jpgIMG_20160514_212034165_(resized).jpg

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Quoted from mveightball:

I was under the impression that the clear plastic ramp cover caused this issue

No problem with it on my pin. The right ramp shot has to be made 'perfect' to be good. The design of entrance of the ramp make any shot that is not made under the correct angle fail. If you use the correct angle the shot can be made with both the left or right flipper

In any way I find it the most challenging shot.

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

No, definitely not. I did take my sign off though, because it blocks the view to the back right of the playfield.

Nice score

#332 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

If your shots are hitting the sign maybe check to make sure your spinning wheels are perfectly level with the playfield, as you may be getting some air balls off the wheels.

When my game was first delivered I was getting a lot of rejections from my right ramp. I finally figured out that the ramp was tightened down so much from the factory it caused a slight lip between where the ramp's flap and the ramp plastic meets. Loosening the nut and screw that holds the ramp down allowed the ramp to be raised up slightly so the transition from the playfield to the ramp is much smoother. Significantly more successful shots up the right ramp and far less frustrating.

#333 7 years ago

Heighway will be at RMPS if anybody in the vicinity wants to buy a Full Throttle and have immediate to your truck delivery.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I haven't noticed the ramp sign blocks my view but I'm 6 ft tall. Your photo pretty much shows my viewpoint. My 7 yr old son - yes! But then again most of the back 3rd is blocked for him by the ramps anyway.

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I haven't noticed the ramp sign blocks my view but I'm 6 ft tall. Your photo pretty much shows my viewpoint. My 7 yr old son - yes! But then again most of the back 3rd is blocked for him by the ramps anyway.

I didn't really block the view of any of the shots, it just makes that right ramp feel more "open". That would be a better way to describe it.

#336 7 years ago

Just got offered a FT + cash for my RRWOZ. I've never seen a FT but seriously considering it. Waiting to find out the trim color package and monitor installed.

Any thoughts for those of you who have had FT for a while. Is it holding its own as far as ownership goes? Hopefully this one has black trim at the least so I can buy an Alien kit in the future and not have it look weird with red.

Thanks for the input.

Darin

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just got offered a FT + cash for my RRWOZ. I've never seen a FT but seriously considering it. Waiting to find out the trim color package and monitor installed.
Any thoughts for those of you who have had FT for a while. Is it holding its own as far as ownership goes? Hopefully this one has black trim at the least so I can buy an Alien kit in the future and not have it look weird with red.
Thanks for the input.
Darin

grey is the regular trim and looks great!

I personally love FullT and it is doing well on route (holds its own against games like LOTR and TWD currently).

If you like FAST and fun then you will not be sorry. I would do this trade 8 days a week. FullT is WAY more fun to me than WOZ.

#338 7 years ago

Any thoughts for those of you who have had FT for a while. Is it holding its own as far as ownership goes?

My impression is most people do not look into Full Throttle as they are not attracted to the theme. But.....once they have played Full Throttle they are pleasantly surprised by the speed, fun and easy to understand but yet challenging rule set. Yesterday I had 2 people over here from the Dutch Pinball Association. The were skeptical about Full Throttle when they came in and the left with a big smile after playing Full Throttle for 2,5 hours in a row

#339 7 years ago

My impression is most people do not look into Full Throttle as they are not attracted to the theme.

I am always amazed how much most people are impacted by a theme. I dont give 2 squats about a theme (but understand that some themes are less desirable) so I tend to look beyond theme and judge a game based on play, geometry, ruleset, and FUN.

FullT may not be the most desired theme but it is not an offensive theme either. Gameplay is stellar!

#340 7 years ago

Thanks for the input.
Darin

I owned a WOZ & currently own a FTH, & it's not even close in my mind. Full Throttle wins by a mile in the "Fun" & "Replay/one more game" factors. All of the shots are fast & rewarding to make, over & over. The rule set is very clever with an incredible amount of strategy involved.
Do the trade +$! Set the cash aside to go towards your Alien/Aliens drop in kit! Easy decision in my mind.

#341 7 years ago

My impression is most people do not look into Full Throttle as they are not attracted to the theme. But.....once they have played Full Throttle they are pleasantly surprised by the speed, fun and easy to understand but yet challenging rule set. Yesterday I had 2 people over here from the Dutch Pinball Association. The were skeptical about Full Throttle when they came in and the left with a big smile after playing Full Throttle for 2,5 hours in a row

I would echo this sentiment. My first experience with it was at the Louisville Expo. The theme does not appeal to me at all, but the gameplay I found to be great. To me, it's one of those games that you always feel you are on the verge of a huge game if you can just get that last multiplier started. It definitely left me wanting to play more & more, because most of the time I was almost there but didn't quite make it. I liked it so much, I am wanting to get an Alien LE. Great shots, nice rule set and certainly that "I need to play one more" game mentality.

#342 7 years ago

speaking of multipiers, do you guy have a specific strategy to increase them. Most I ever get on a single ball is maybe 2x and rarely 3x.

I get one on super skillshot, if I start Mb then I am likely to get anohter one from pops. May get lucky with a randome award at scoop.

Is there any other way to get Xs? Woudl be cool if combos also built up Xs/ tach.

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

speaking of multipiers, do you guy have a specific strategy to increase them. Most I ever get on a single ball is maybe 2x and rarely 3x.
I get one on super skillshot, if I start Mb then I am likely to get anohter one from pops. May get lucky with a randome award at scoop.
Is there any other way to get Xs? Woudl be cool if combos also built up Xs/ tach.

Skill Shot & the pop bumpers are the only way to get multipliers at this time. I would love to see a reward of a multiplier for finishing a race in 1st place.
I keep the multipliers in my back pocket, if I can until I get to a multi-ball of any kind.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

On the original code when the pops had more voltage you got a lot more hits and more multipliers. With the update it's hard to get multipliers out of there. They are suppose to fix the juice to them. When they do you'll be happy with how it is.

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

When they do you'll be happy with how it is.

good to know!

Quoted from Zampinator:

I would love to see a reward of a multiplier for finishing a race in 1st place.

I agree! Great thoughts. Maybe 50% tach for 3rd, 75% for second, and 150% for first? Could be cool and that alone would make races more valuable to finish.

any word on when code may come?

#346 7 years ago

My trade is pending the exchange tomorrow evening. Here's to looking forward to playing FT tomorrow!

#347 7 years ago

My trade is pending the exchange tomorrow evening. Here's to looking forward to playing FT tomorrow!

Sweet! You are going to love it! It's a fast paced shooters pin, with fun strategic code.
If you have any questions once you get it, post them in this thread.

#348 7 years ago

You will enjoy it. FT is fun.

#349 7 years ago

Great. BTW, it is a standard in black with the grey armor. Has shaker and 27" monitor.

#350 7 years ago

Andrew brought my game with him to RMPS so officially an owner. Fits like a glove in my basement

FULLTh_001_(resized).JPGFULLTh_001_(resized).JPG

FULLTh_002_(resized).JPGFULLTh_002_(resized).JPG

FULLTh_003_(resized).JPGFULLTh_003_(resized).JPG

FULLTh_005_(resized).JPGFULLTh_005_(resized).JPG

FULLTh_007_(resized).JPGFULLTh_007_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.