• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG
There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.
#151 8 years ago

Believe it's just a switch hit scoring mode so I would go with spinner and pops.

#152 8 years ago

My question is what do collecting accessories do? Right ramp briefly lights the accessorize insert at times. Managed to hit it once and collected it but no idea what is did in the end really.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Look what I picked up from Freight today!
The address on the crate didn't have my street # just the name, so the driver left it at the terminal. The secretary called me this afternoon & said "they would deliver it tomorrow".
I told her I would be there in 15 min to pick it up (they are only 3 miles from my house).
I get to the terminal & she tells me, " none of the guys are here to run the forklift". I look her in the eyes & said, "I'll run that forklift, no problem". To my surprise she agrees, & I load my own pin with their forklift!
I go in to sign the paperwork & she ask me, " is that KISS Pinball?". What? "Is that KISS Pinball?" No it's a motorcycle racing themed Pinball, but I do have Metallica Pinball & few others at home. She then says, "when's the next party?" I studder. She hands me her business card & says, " you call me & let me know when the party is & I'll be there! ". I laughed & said, "deal!".
IMG_20160215_155843943_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160215_160723024_HDR_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160215_161701650_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160215_162126594_HDR_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160215_164900000_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160215_170128031_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160215_165333884_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160215_182549908_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160215_183929923_(resized).jpg

Congrats. Is your son always so sad to open a Pinball machine up? Hate to see what XMAS morning is like

80fb269c840cb42b7ebe53a79daaaed2f132a880_(resized).jpg80fb269c840cb42b7ebe53a79daaaed2f132a880_(resized).jpg

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Believe it's just a switch hit scoring mode so I would go with spinner and pops.

I think your right. I had it running during 3 challenges(4 balls in play) & my score went nuts!

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Congrats. Is your son always so sad to open a Pinball machine up? Hate to see what XMAS morning is like

80fb269c840cb42b7ebe53a79daaaed2f132a880_(resized).jpg

LoL! No kidding!
I think he was just in deep thoughts, or maybe he's just as photogenic as his dad. Poor kid!

#156 8 years ago

My question is what do collecting accessories do? Right ramp briefly lights the accessorize insert at times. Managed to hit it once and collected it but no idea what is did in the end really.

Not sure. I'm going to guess add time to a mode, or count as a made shot.

#157 8 years ago

Add time to modes is the captive ball.

With the challenges if you look at the bottoms left corner of the display every challenge you add in after the first adds a playfield multiplier. If you had 3 challenges running you had a 3x playfield multiplier going. Challenge shots become very lucrative. If you had a gear and hit launch button for 2x playfield you are now up to 6X!

#158 8 years ago

Added shot map on first page overview

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I have a game play question. I know that to start "Octane" you shoot the stand up targets, & then the right orbit to start the mode.
But once "Octane" is activated do you shot the "Octane" stand up targets, or shoot the right orbit to score?
Thanks Zamp

High Octane points are awarded during bonus. Starting the mode adds 250K. All switches then add 25K.

Completing the targets again during the mode, then shooting the right orbit again, will add 750K to the total, add more time, and then switches score 75K (Super High Octane).

Points are collected during bonus on every ball for the rest of the game - so playing this on ball 1 will pay off.

Also, if the gear multiplier is running, then all of these point values are multiplied too.

#160 8 years ago

just a suggestion, I'm always confused by High Octane mode and look at the LCD for some help for what to shoot and best I've seen there is no help there.

#161 8 years ago

Does anyone know when Cointaker will have games in stock to buy?

#162 8 years ago

Collecting accessories works towards lighting an Extra Ball.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Does anyone know when Cointaker will have games in stock to buy?

A few days ago CT told me they should be receiving a shipment of games in 10-14 days. My game is in that shipment so hopefully the estimate was accurate.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

High Octane points are awarded during bonus. Starting the mode adds 250K. All switches then add 25K.
Completing the targets again during the mode, then shooting the right orbit again, will add 750K to the total, add more time, and then switches score 75K (Super High Octane).
Points are collected during bonus on every ball for the rest of the game - so playing this on ball 1 will pay off.
Also, if the gear multiplier is running, then all of these point values are multiplied too.

Thanks Brian. Figured you'd chime in here. Great job on the bug fixes and tweaks. It's playing great.

-Jim

#165 8 years ago

She has arrived

IMG_20160222_115500_(resized).jpgIMG_20160222_115500_(resized).jpg

What a beautiful game

IMG_20160222_171859_(resized).jpgIMG_20160222_171859_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160222_171922_(resized).jpgIMG_20160222_171922_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160222_171903_(resized).jpgIMG_20160222_171903_(resized).jpg

#166 8 years ago

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#167 8 years ago

Happy for you, PinballRulez.

Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Have fun!

#168 8 years ago

Super Cool! Your going to Love it!

#169 8 years ago

Looks amazing
Can't wait to try one out

#170 8 years ago

Ha ball 3 and you only managed to hit one ramp ,to think you questioned my pinball skills

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Ha ball 3 and you only managed to hit one ramp ,to think you questioned my pinball skills
image_(resized).jpeg

I am player 2 off course. Player 1 and 3 must have been my son. Player 4 most probably my girlfriend

But seriously. I am going to write it in a short summary in a bit but you really have to get used to the geometry. Everything seems to be at just a different angle that you are used to. Quite challenging.

#172 8 years ago

Full Throttle first impression
I only have played a few games so here is my first impression. This will be a very short summary and a more extensive review will be written on the fist page of this thread. Please note that all settings are on factory defaults. Software version 1.30

First of all congrats to team Heighway to deliver such a good looking and playing game. Very well done.

Build
You can see that there has gone a lot of thought into all aspects of designing this game. The modular build looks great. And the overall finish looks great.

Playfield Layout
You really have to get used to the geometry. Everything seems to be on a angle you are not familiar with. And that is a good thing. You really have to give it a lot of effort to make correct shots and get rewarded.

Rules
Though simple and understandable, there is so much going on and the game is soooo fast at some points that it is just a matter of surviving most of the time.

Game Play
Ones you get used to the angles of the shots and an understanding of the rules this game will be a blast to play. For now it is mostly surviving. Starting races and playing multi ball is doable. Stacking challenges for add a ball is….ehhh….very challenging at the moment.

Art
This is a very well executed theme and the art fits in perfectly.

Animations
Though simple they really integrate into the theme. The big screen looks gorgeous.

Sound
Honestly, I have the volume on 3 now. It goes to 31! If I will set it higher that 15 people in my neighborhood will evacuate their homes because they think that there is an earthquake going on. But the sound quality is very good. Music, sound effects and call outs are good.

Lightning
The RGB leds look fantastic. The lightning in the pop bumper representing the flag of the current country you are racing in is cool. I think some people will find the GI a bit on the low side. I do not have a problem with that.

Fun
Me and my family had a blast today playing this pin. It is fun for people of all ages. My son really likes to start a race. ‘Yes, Japan. Didn’t do that one.’ Priceless

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Full Throttle first impression
I only have played a few games so here is my first impression. This will be a very short summary and a more extensive review will be written on the fist page of this thread. Please note that all settings are on factory defaults.
First of all congrats to team Heighway to deliver such a good looking and playing game. Very well done.
Build
You can see that there has gone a lot of thought into all aspects of designing this game. The modular build looks great. And the overall finish looks great.
Playfield Layout
You really have to get used to the geometry. Everything seems to be on a angle you are not familiar with. And that is a good thing. You really have to give it a lot of effort to make correct shots and get rewarded.
Rules
Though simple and understandable, there is so much going on and the game is soooo fast at some points that it is just a matter of surviving most of the time.
Game Play
Ones you get used to the angles of the shots and an understanding of the rules this game will be a blast to play. For now it is mostly surviving. Starting races and playing multi ball is doable. Stacking challenges for add a ball is….ehhh….very challenging at the moment.
Art
This is a well very executed theme and the art fits in perfectly.
Animations
Though simple they really integrate into the theme. The big screen look gorgeous.
Sound
Honestly, I have the volume on 3 now. It goes to 31! If I will set it higher that 15 people in my neighborhood will evacuate their homes because they think that there is an earthquake going on. But the sound quality is very good. Music, sound effects and call outs are good.
Lightning
The RGB leds look fantastic. The lightning in the pop bumper representing the flag of the current country you are racing in is cool. I think some people will find the GI a bit on the low side. I do not have a problem with that.
Fun
Me and my family had a blast today playing this pin. It is fun for people of all ages. My son really likes to start a race. ‘Yes, Japan. Didn’t do that one.’ Priceless

Great initial write up! I'll be doing one later today, I wanted to get a week under my belt 1st.

I too struggled with the geometry until about game 8, then the magic started. Stacking modes is where the points are. Triggering a multiplier during 4-5-6 balls in play & then make a few jackpots & your score goes up fast!

FYI. You can adjust the G.I. lighting in the menu, & the inserts as well, factory setting are too low.

Enjoy that pin!

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Great initial write up! I'll be doing one later today, I wanted to get a week under my belt 1st.
I too struggled with the geometry until about game 8, then the magic started. Stacking modes is where the points are. Triggering a multiplier during 4-5-6 balls in play & then make a few jackpots & your score goes up fast!
FYI. You can adjust the G.I. lighting in the menu, & the inserts as well, factory setting are too low.
Enjoy that pin!

What do mean 8 games? That thing shoots beautifully (well except for that right drain maybe) Most of the "Northern Michigan Pinball League" spent Saturday at Zamps checking this puppy out. I absolutely loved it. I'm normally all about the gameplay and don't worry too much about the rest but this thing is a gem from head to toe. Build quality is fantastic. After playing it all afternoon I walked over and started a game of MET and it felt like a little toy (still fun to play though). Full Throttle "feels" big even for a wide body. You get to nudging it and then walk over to a Stern and you're going to move that Stern about 4 inches just trying to nudge it.

Great layout, gameplay and sound and just a leap forward in design.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What do mean 8 games? That thing shoots beautifully (well except for that right drain maybe) Most of the "Northern Michigan Pinball League" spent Saturday at Zamps checking this puppy out. I absolutely loved it. I'm normally all about the gameplay and don't worry too much about the rest but this thing is a gem from head to toe. Build quality is fantastic. After playing it all afternoon I walked over and started a game of MET and it felt like a little toy (still fun to play though). Full Throttle "feels" big even for a wide body. You get to nudging it and then walk over to a Stern and you're going to move that Stern about 4 inches just trying to nudge it.
Great layout, gameplay and sound and just a leap forward in design.

Lol! Coming from the guy who is the Best I've ever seen @ flipping on the fly & learning new tables. It didn't surprise me one bit that you were railing it right out of the gate!
It's honestly playing even faster now! I've tweaked the ball guides/orbits & the scoop, everything is just smooth & almost too fast now. I'm glad everyone had fun, I know I sure did!

#176 8 years ago

man you guys are getting me excited!!!!

#177 8 years ago

I just realized that not only do the "pop bumpers" change colors to represent the country that you are racing in, but the G.I. changes to that color also! Really a neat touch!

#178 8 years ago

oh, and here is why I am getting excited...

I thought it deserved its own thread but wanted to share in the club also

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-on-its-way-to-madison-wi#post-2989191

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oh, and here is why I am getting excited...
I thought it deserved its own thread but wanted to share in the club also
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-on-its-way-to-madison-wi#post-2989191

You lurking S.O.B! :applause:You made a great decision, such a great pin & company!

#180 8 years ago

Here's a game play video I shot tonight. Enjoy!

#181 8 years ago

Good video! That cool cross-playfield orbit-to-inlane is so fast that the sound effect for it feels like it happens way too late!

#182 8 years ago

Ok, all this excitement has me thinking about changing my order to FTH now, with Alien PF later. I'm currently in for Alien LE with FTH PF to come with it. I'm so confused by the problems thrown at me by the first world. Damn you disposable funds!!

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

» YouTube video

Thanks for posting. Looks awesome!

#184 8 years ago

That is impressive, Alien should be something special, Heighway looks like they are going to give Stern and all the rest a big run for their money, for me this blows TH, TBL and RZ out of the water.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

» YouTube video

Great watch. The gameplay looks slow as ever

#186 8 years ago

Finally had a great game where I was able to line everything up tonight

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ok, all this excitement has me thinking about changing my order to FTH now, with Alien PF later. I'm currently in for Alien LE with FTH PF to come with it. I'm so confused by the problems thrown at me by the first world. Damn you disposable funds!!

Go for it

You won't regret it. This game rocks.

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Go for it
You won't regret it. This game rocks.

Here's the plan. If I can beat Hilton on it at TPF as resoundingly as I did at Expo, I'll change the order with Andrew personally there. Of course, Hilton does a pretty good death save, so anything could happen. Plus he's going to get some practice between now and then.

#189 8 years ago

Nice video. Looks like a cool game. I did really enjoy playing it at the DPO, even though I didn't really understand most of the rules.

How are the 'under-playfield-switches' holding up? Seems like they register fine all the time?
Isn't the game a bit 'too much multiball', or is that ok for you're losing the ball quickly enough?

The RGB GI is very nicely used indeed.

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from sven:

How are the 'under-playfield-switches' holding up? Seems like they register fine all the time?

Zero issues with the switches in the 6 months i've had mine.

Quoted from sven:

Isn't the game a bit 'too much multiball', or is that ok for you're losing the ball quickly enough?

The game is super fast. It's good to have the multiballs. Overall ball times don't seem to be longer than any other game. It plays different than any other game i have which is good.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

sven said:

Zero issues with the switches in the 6 months i've had mine.

sven said:

The game is super fast. It's good to have the multiballs. Overall ball times don't seem to be longer than any other game. It plays different than any other game i have which is good.

Both good to hear!

#192 8 years ago

Agree with frolic. We are over 1000 plays and never a switch issue.

#193 8 years ago

Finally had a great game where I was able to line everything up tonight

image_(resized).jpeg

You inspired me. I couldn't quite catch you!

IMG_20160223_113403581_(resized).jpgIMG_20160223_113403581_(resized).jpg

#194 8 years ago

Nice one! So close. Super skill shot away!

#195 8 years ago

Congrats PinballRulez! Glad to see your wait is finally over. I bet you're not regretting bailing on that Hobbit preorder huh?

Smart man Play a few games for me!

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Congrats PinballRulez! Glad to see your wait is finally over. I bet you're not regretting bailing on that Hobbit preorder huh?
Smart man Play a few games for me!

Thanks.
No regrets, one of my best decisions ever in respect to pinball This game rocks

Will do. If you ever make it to The Netherlands you can play the pin yourself

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Thanks for sharing your vid. It looks like you got the hang of it in no time. That right ramp is no joke!

#198 8 years ago

Thnks for the vid

What I think amazing about this game and Heighway Pinball is the amount of improvements they brought to pinball. The way the glass opens (now that makes sense!! ), the lcd on the pf, the art on the side of the machine (changing expensive and mostly unavailable decals is so 90's. That should have ended a long time ago.), the quick changeable flipper mechanism, swap games in minutes (yes, that p2k idea is amazing).... and so on..

They still have a long way to go, but continuing to improve like this and putting out great games, they will rule the Europe market in no time :p
(US will come later )

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

What I think amazing about this game and Heighway Pinball is the amount of improvements they brought to pinball. The way the glass opens (now that makes sense!! ), the lcd on the pf, the art on the side of the machine (changing expensive and mostly unavailable decals is so 90's. That should have ended a long time ago.), the quick changeable flipper mechanism, swap games in minutes (yes, that p2k idea is amazing).... and so on..

No holes in the playfield for switches so cleaning is easier and damage will be less.

Swap games (I really like that), the lcd in the playfield and those switches are the most important improvements to me.

#200 8 years ago

dont forget the plug and play nature of the board system. Light goes out or sensor goes out and you just drop in a new one.

also love the ideas of dropping a whole flipper mech to do the rebuild on the bench.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.