• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG

There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.
#701 5 years ago

Well didn't manage to get our game fixed before Helmet left... Fuses keep blowing on new io-boards. Gone back to old io boards (old Software - and can't be updated on these) the game no longer blows fuse. Anyone have any idea what this could mean? Helmut had tested and installed latest software on the new IO boards, before sending out.

Even on the old boards and SW, the first ball of every game won't be shot onto playfield via shooter lane coil. Game has to manually do it after going through checks.

Anyone know what could be causing this - the shooter lane coil definitely works - ball 2 and 3 works 100% of the time, just ball 1 has the problem. It's like it almost seems to forget to eject once the launch button is pressed.

We're obviously quite a bit more worried now Helmut has left and can see us never getting FT working properly and updated to latest ver. any help is appreciated.

#702 5 years ago

Nobody knows. We can guess, but you really need to take it up with Heighway support. I would imagine they are in the process of hiring a new support person, but there has to be someone else to help in the meantime from the company. email/call don't let it sit.

Quoted from take2-take5:

Well didn't manage to get our game fixed before Helmet left... Fuses keep blowing on new io-boards. Gone back to old io boards (old Software - and can't be updated on these) the game no longer blows fuse. Anyone have any idea what this could mean? Helmut had tested and installed latest software on the new IO boards, before sending out.
Even on the old boards and SW, the first ball of every game won't be shot onto playfield via shooter lane coil. Game has to manually do it after going through checks.
Anyone know what could be causing this - the shooter lane coil definitely works - ball 2 and 3 works 100% of the time, just ball 1 has the problem. It's like it almost seems to forget to eject once the launch button is pressed.
We're obviously quite a bit more worried now Helmut has left and can see us never getting FT working properly and updated to latest ver. any help is appreciated.

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nobody knows. We can guess, but you really need to take it up with Heighway support. I would imagine they are in the process of hiring a new support person, but there has to be someone else to help in the meantime from the company. email/call don't let it sit.

Yeah we was getting somewhere with Helmut but then it stopped and then the confirmation he's left. Have been emailing since hopefully we'll get a reply, will have to try giving them a ring tommorow.

3 weeks later
#704 5 years ago

Hey guys, not sure where the best place to get eyes on this is, but i just posted here with a couple of issues....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien/page/8#post-4402495

any assistance/thoughts are appreciated...

4 months later
#705 5 years ago

Just installed titan red comp. rubber on my full throttle, looks great and shoots even smoother than before if you can believe it

ft14 (1).jpgft14 (1).jpg
#706 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Finally had a Custom Topper made

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice, where did you have this done?

2 months later
#707 5 years ago

Having owned both Alien and Full Throttle i much preferred FT as a game! Alien haz the looks, but FT just played great and the rules (at least the multiball stacking) are great. Shame that it didn't work out differently and more weren't produced!

#708 5 years ago

Agreed had them side by side for almost a year, I always tell people Alien got the better theme and great atmosphere, but Full Throttle got much better gameplay and rules! And I like the bike theme and being taunted (reminds me of Rudy on Funhouse) as I play anyways

#709 5 years ago

Hey guys I got FT on trade a few months and ha e really been enjoying it. I put it up for trade but again but the more I play it the more I like it.
I haven't had any issues after setting it up. When we first set it up a couple switches were not registering one would actually register almost as soon as you started a ball so it would not give you a chance to do the skill shot. Ended up not being a big deal just had to locate them and reseat them and no problems since besides for an occasional lcd cable also needing to be reseated.
I was thinking about ordering a new longer cable for the back box lcd it seems to be loose at the MPU and doesn't have enough slack for any movement.

Any thing you guys recommend to help the life of this machine? Any parts I should try and stash also? I see there is someone reproducing the I/O board so that's good.
Is there a source for the switches themselves? Are the switches know to be going bad and is there a source for them?
Someone has Alien LEDs listed in the market they look excellent as the one in FT was wondering if those would work and if I should grab a few, I messaged them but haven't heard back yet didn't know if they just wouldn't work.
Is the power supply an issue should I try a find one as a spare?
Thanks for any advice if this machine stays in my collection longer i don't think it would be a problem because it is very fun.

20181205_163004 (resized).jpg20181205_163004 (resized).jpg20181205_163758 (resized).jpg20181205_163758 (resized).jpg20181205_163806 (resized).jpg20181205_163806 (resized).jpg20181205_163019 (resized).jpg20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
#710 5 years ago

The LEDs are the same as those one, so Id grab some so you have some on had if needed. He mentioned he is also making inductive switches sometime soon so grab some of those once available! The power supply monitors etc I believe can be found on digikey but I wouldn't worry about that. I grabbed a spare I/O board which you can find on here as well just in case down the line I need one.

#712 5 years ago

Lot of good parts there, thanks for the link! Id have to say look in the Alien section as well, lots of the parts are for Full Throttle too, just not organized that way.

#713 5 years ago

Thanks for the links and advice, definitely going to grab a few parts to have for spare.

1 year later
#714 3 years ago

Just got a FT, number 26. Game has green io boards. Seems mostly working, but need to figure out where the plug for the motor on the racer at the back goes. It is unplugged. After that need to deal with a few wiring hacks and start figuring out what to update/replace.

#715 3 years ago

I've recently aquired a Full Throttle which is missing the right ramp entry plastic. Any chance someone might have one to spare?
Mike.

6 months later
#716 3 years ago

Hello,

Is this thread still valid? I've looked through several threads for Full Throttle and am wondering which is the most current. This says its the FT owners club. Are there any Full Throttle owners still out there? Is there a better place to talk about issues and resolutions for this game?

Thanks all!

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

Hello,
Is this thread still valid? I've looked through several threads for Full Throttle and am wondering which is the most current. This says its the FT owners club. Are there any Full Throttle owners still out there? Is there a better place to talk about issues and resolutions for this game?
Thanks all!

I think this thread is still valid for background purposes but not for current information or support. I guess you can better try here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien/page/21

#718 3 years ago

This one works if it is full throttle specific. Not a lot of them made so the owner information will be slim.

#719 3 years ago

What's up!?

#720 3 years ago

Has anyone put the LED tubing around the ramps on this game to make it like the LE, similar to what Tron Pro owners did to make their games more like that LE? Would love to see it and hear how you did it.

Also would be willing to trade my FT standard +$1000, maybe +$1500, for your FT LE. It's a good, underrated game that's going to stay in my collection for a while, so I'd like to upgrade.

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Has anyone put the LED tubing around the ramps on this game to make it like the LE, similar to what Tron Pro owners did to make their games more like that LE? Would love to see it and hear how you did it.
Also would be willing to trade my FT standard +$1000, maybe +$1500, for your FT LE. It's a good, underrated game that's going to stay in my collection for a while, so I'd like to upgrade.

I flip flop between selling my FT altogether or upgrading to an LE. Like having variety and currently without a stern or jjp where as have both heighway. The game is excellent though. A pity it was ditched for Alien as it is much better than a lot of games.

I have not seen how they hooked in the lighting for the ramps. With tron pro they are not cpu controlled. You could duplicate it, but given the low price you are probably better off buying an le, then reselling your SE. Problem is going to be finding a buyer for the SE. These tend to sit.

#722 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I flip flop between selling my FT altogether or upgrading to an LE. Like having variety and currently without a stern or jjp where as have both heighway. The game is excellent though. A pity it was ditched for Alien as it is much better than a lot of games.
I have not seen how they hooked in the lighting for the ramps. With tron pro they are not cpu controlled. You could duplicate it, but given the low price you are probably better off buying an le, then reselling your SE. Problem is going to be finding a buyer for the SE. These tend to sit.

Yeah, exactly. There was an LE somewhat near me a few months ago for a decent $5000, but I know the FT I bought was on the market for like a year, so I really didn't want to get stuck holding two of them. People are sleeping on this good, decently priced (for a modern pin) game.

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Yeah, exactly. There was an LE somewhat near me a few months ago for a decent $5000, but I know the FT I bought was on the market for like a year, so I really didn't want to get stuck holding two of them. People are sleeping on this good, decently priced (for a modern pin) game.

Yep, mine I traded a game worth 3200 for. It had sat for over a year. Mine had a few issues, but since I had alien next to it I could see what had been changed. For the price of some system 11's its a bargain, but it is more expensive to repair if things fail. It is also less relaible. I need to make clips for the induction switches.

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yep, mine I traded a game worth 3200 for. It had sat for over a year. Mine had a few issues, but since I had alien next to it I could see what had been changed. For the price of some system 11's its a bargain, but it is more expensive to repair if things fail. It is also less relaible. I need to make clips for the induction switches.

Can you elaborate on the clips you mention? I need to adjust a few switches periodically.

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Can you elaborate on the clips you mention? I need to adjust a few switches periodically.

Something I thought about making.

#726 3 years ago

We bought the Full Throttle "prototype" from Fred at ReplayFX (still can't believe they are gone) in December. It had a few minor issues that we took care of to get it in pretty decent shape. I love the game, am impressed with most of the build quality and will be keeping it for a long time.

One of the issues I ran into was a stripped plastic gear inside the reduction gearbox for one of the motorcycle wheels.
I documented everything I did including sourcing a replacement motor/gearbox assembly. I'd like to post it for anyone else that runs into a similar situation. Is this the best place to do that?

Carl

2 months later
#727 2 years ago

Some knocker brackets for the original ALIEN are in production right now - it will fit in Full Throttle as well.
The brackets are limited and it's the last batch at all.
I also provide a parts list how to complete the entire knocker assy for the ALIEN and Full Throttle.
Each pair (bracket and coil holder) cost 25 Euro - shipping is extra!
Material is stainless steel 2 mm.

This is the parts list for the entire knocker assy

• Highpower Coil C020 Heighway
• Bushing - Williams 03-7067
• Grommet - Williams 23-6577
• Kickback Plunger - Williams A-6306-2
• Spring - Williams 10-135
• Knocker-Plate - Williams 01-7525
• Wire 1-1,5 mm2 - 0,5 m black and yellow
• Terminals 4,7 mm (2x) - soldering possible also
• Housing 4,7 mm (2x) - not necessary if soldered
• Molex Terminals for MiniFit Jr.
• Molex Housing MiniFit Jr. 16-pol.
• Wood screws Knocker Assy and Knocker Plate (5x)

If installed you have to switch the knocker sound OFF in the service menu, then the hardware knocker works.

DSCN7029 (resized).JPGDSCN7029 (resized).JPG

regards
Averell

#728 2 years ago

Still 4 brackets available...

#729 2 years ago

The brackets are ready and will be picked up next Monday.

#730 2 years ago

Only 2 sets left...

#731 2 years ago

Sold out - thanks.

#732 2 years ago

How many of these were made? I remember there were not many,less than alien?

#733 2 years ago

We had a small overproduction.

Still 2 sets availalbe and 2 brackets only.

20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg

#734 2 years ago

Sold out

1 month later
#735 2 years ago

I have spare parts.
I have more than whats showing in pictures.
-new playfield
-new full plastic set
-new ramps
-leds
-boards
Everything can be tested
And more

20210521_182946 (resized).jpg20210521_182946 (resized).jpg20210521_182959 (resized).jpg20210521_182959 (resized).jpg20210521_183012 (resized).jpg20210521_183012 (resized).jpg20210523_132732 (resized).jpg20210523_132732 (resized).jpg

#736 2 years ago

What is my options When not having the pc and USB stick?

4 months later
#737 2 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

What is my options When not having the pc and USB stick?

The LEDs after the upper inlane "H" insert are out. I think the "P" is flakey. I have spare LEDs and replaced it and now they flicker. Any suggestions on how to bullet proof the LED socket? I think that might be the culprit.

1 month later
#738 2 years ago

So Full Throttle bit the big one this weekend at a show. Got the Error Installing Updates warning, and nothing else. Anyone know where I can get the images I need to get it back up and running?

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

So Full Throttle bit the big one this weekend at a show. Got the Error Installing Updates warning, and nothing else. Anyone know where I can get the images I need to get it back up and running?

There doesn't seem to be much of a community around FT, as there is around Alien. Having had my Alien crap out on me after a failed update, I was concerned about my FT suffering the same fate one day so I had planned to boot it up on a linux rescue flashdrive and clone the HD but I haven't done it yet. If no-one comes up with a full install in the meantime I hope to do it sometime soon and will post here afterwards.
mike.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

Were you able to get your game back up and running? I've had this happen before and I believe I had to reimage the microSD card in the Utilite computer to get it working again. I've got the image somewhere. Let me know and I'll search for it and send you a copy.

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

I have spare parts.
I have more than whats showing in pictures.
-new playfield
-new full plastic set
-new ramps
-leds
-boards
Everything can be tested
And more
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm interested in some of these parts if they are still available! Where are you located? Can you ship to the USA?

Thanks!
Dave

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

There doesn't seem to be much of a community around FT, as there is around Alien. Having had my Alien crap out on me after a failed update, I was concerned about my FT suffering the same fate one day so I had planned to boot it up on a linux rescue flashdrive and clone the HD but I haven't done it yet. If no-one comes up with a full install in the meantime I hope to do it sometime soon and will post here afterwards.
mike.

I agree that there isn't much of a community around FT. It makes it a bit more of a challenge to maintain it.

I actually like the game and I have mine at my Pinball Museum set on free play! I've gotten pretty good at keeping it working and have a decent stash of spare parts.

Were you ever able to find a replacement plastic for the right ramp entry? Mine was recently broken from an air ball and I don't have a spare.

#743 2 years ago

I would love if you could share that image with me. I haven't managed to get it up and running again yet. Mine is normally on Free Play at the Western Mass Pinball Club, and was at the Sanctum in CT before that. I should have made an image immediately, but did not. Thank you!

#744 2 years ago

I've got one of these, didn't realize it was a club! Question - is the larger LCD backglass more or less common than the translite version? Also, anyone have any idea how many were actually made?

I intend to hang on to mine for a while, but it's the one game I own that makes me super nervous every time I boot it.

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I've got one of these, didn't realize it was a club! Question - is the larger LCD backglass more or less common than the translite version? Also, anyone have any idea how many were actually made?
I intend to hang on to mine for a while, but it's the one game I own that makes me super nervous every time I boot it.

I believe there is less than 100 ,I have never had any trouble with mine and I always believe that if something breaks it could be corrected!

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I believe there is less than 100 ,I have never had any trouble with mine and I always believe that if something breaks it could be corrected!

I have seen way more games with the large lcd than not!

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from PinChatt:

I agree that there isn't much of a community around FT. It makes it a bit more of a challenge to maintain it.
I actually like the game and I have mine at my Pinball Museum set on free play! I've gotten pretty good at keeping it working and have a decent stash of spare parts.
Were you ever able to find a replacement plastic for the right ramp entry? Mine was recently broken from an air ball and I don't have a spare.

No luck finding the plastic I'm afraid, although Tjohejsan probably has one or more in his trove (pics above) but I couldn't persuade him to sell me one.

#748 2 years ago

I'm not hearing any sound effects when the spinner or pop bumpers are hit. Anyone know if this is normal?

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm not hearing any sound effects when the spinner or pop bumpers are hit. Anyone know if this is normal?

Yes this is normal.

3 months later
#750 1 year ago

Thinking of trading my Houdini for a ft. The ft has an issue so I’m a bit nervous but I really liked the game when I played it. It is blowing a fuse when it auto launches but if the auto launch coil is unhooked it works fine other then no auto plunge. To me it sounds like something grounding out. Is this something anyone else has run into and is it fixable? Any help would be great. Cheers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 40.08
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Atelier Shop
Cabinet parts
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.