• 796 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by mk47
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Service Bulletin 004d - Software Update 1.41 130916.pdf (PDF preview)
2023-08-11 13.02.34 (resized).jpg
20210521_182946 (resized).jpg
20210521_182959 (resized).jpg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
DSCN7029 (resized).JPG
20181205_163758 (resized).jpg
20181205_163019 (resized).jpg
20181205_163806 (resized).jpg
20181205_163004 (resized).jpg
ft14 (1).jpg
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG

There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 16.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Note: The Shaker w/current code shakes the living shit out of the game...that's why mine is unplugged.

Looks like they are using a cointaker red tremor. Motors wrong for this application (too fast) Not a code issue.

#552 6 years ago

I disagree. It shakes for seconds on end at the beginning of a ball, like a giant vibration mode on your cell phone.

The shaker is supposed to add effects, not simulate a 10 second earthquake at the beginning of every ball.

I have cointakers shaker in my GB, no issue. Its poorly written code, no other game does that, not even close. Instead of rewriting code the solution is to not use a shaker......great.

Wickerman and I actually own FTh, why argue with us.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Not a code issue.

The person coding the game said it was a code problem...so....

bcd from Alien thread:
"Speaking as the programmer on Full Throttle, and as someone who also disconnected his shaker...
Soon we'll be finalizing the shaker code for Alien. I plan to backport all fixes to Full Throttle, and add adjustments to tune it to your liking.
So, in a future Full Throttle code update, you'll have a better shaker experience."

#554 6 years ago

<blockquote cite="#3761842"
Wickerman and I actually own FTh, why argue with us.

because there's LOADS of posts about red tremor motors and how they are too fierce, maybe have a look at "taming Cointakers Red Tremor shaker".
the only thing in code you can do is limit the time or PWM so it never fully gets to full revs.

That and
a) I designed Full Throttle originally
b) I designed a proper shaker of which i have previously sold with 0 complaints and 0 failiures. that said i'm not trolling to sell any as I don't have any left.

#555 6 years ago

Does not help us owners much, does it. And yes, I have installed a brake on the shaker on my FTh....not much help when due to the shaker being used on my machine:

both flippers fell into the cabinet
the amp fell apart
plugs unseated

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Board is actually labeled "shaker":

Awesome. Thank you for that. Would it be possible to get a clearer image of the pin positions on the connector?

I need that since there is no manual or schematics for FT (!!!!!!) as I want to try to use a Pinball Life shaker.

Thank you!

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Does not help us owners much, does it. And yes, I have installed a brake on the shaker on my FTh....not much help when due to the shaker being used on my machine:
both flippers fell into the cabinet
the amp fell apart
plugs unseated

Those are really crappy amps. Mine fell apart just shipping the game. I bought a replacement on eBay for like 12 bucks.

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If you are referring to replacing the utilite, I would probably buy the upgraded CPU from Heighway. This way its no longer a utilite and it has more horsepower for Alien if you want to swap it and you should get full credit since its new. I recall there being a $200 cost plus your existing CPU, something like that. I think someone else tried to replace their utilite and they were unsuccessful (couldn't find the right model).

Normally I would be in 100% agreement with this. However, it is highly likely that the code for FT has not been ported to this new platform so it's a moot point.... for now.

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Looks like they are using a cointaker red tremor. Motors wrong for this application (too fast) Not a code issue.

I have a solution for this. I bought a little PWM doohickey that I am going to play with once I figure out the wiring.

#560 6 years ago

Any FT owners ordering a kit for alien will need the upgraded Computer. It's already been stated by heighway and will work with FT and ALIEN and subsequent games.

Quoted from Radius118:

Normally I would be in 100% agreement with this. However, it is highly likely that the code for FT has not been ported to this new platform so it's a moot point.... for now.

#561 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me how I get the mode "red mist" going?
Ola

1 week later
#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Can anyone tell me how I get the mode "red mist" going?
Ola

Shoot the inner loop (Circuit) a set number of times - it defaults to 15.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

However, it is highly likely that the code for FT has not been ported to this new platform so it's a moot point.... for now.

I have my Full Throttle running on the new platform without any problems. This is still being tested at the factory and would be available whenever Alien kits start shipping.

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Shoot the inner loop (Circuit) a set number of times - it defaults to 15.

Thank you
Ola

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

I have my Full Throttle running on the new platform without any problems. This is still being tested at the factory and would be available whenever Alien kits start shipping.

Nice.. that's great news. I am definitely interested in upgrading the platform. Not too impressed with the Utilite thing.

<passive aggressive rant> Now if only Helmut would answer my emails so I could get some needed parts for my game that would be great. </passive aggressive rant>

#566 6 years ago

I'm out today , great game , but I have a 2 pin at home room and I needed new blood , good luck guys , I would own this pin again !

#567 6 years ago

I'm the one who snagged Freezie's game. I'm super impressed with it so far! Fantastic player.

Quick question: The left orbit shot tends to rattle and not make the orbit the majority of the time. It seems like the ball is losing all momentum when hitting the ball guide on the right. Does this need tweaking? Or just play better?

Thanks in advance!

#568 6 years ago

I don't recall my left orbit ever being an issue and most reviews of the game talk about the flow and geometry being bang on, so if there was a orbit problem people would be talking about it. I think the most complained about shot is the right ramp, but for me that is fine as well and doable from both flippers.

So hopefully your left orbit can be tweaked into shape.

#569 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't recall my left orbit ever being an issue and most reviews of the game talk about the flow and geometry being bang on, so if there was a orbit problem people would be talking about it. I think the most complained about shot is the right ramp, but for me that is fine as well and doable from both flippers.
So hopefully your left orbit can be tweaked into shape.

Cool. I'll check to make sure it's level. That's the only thing I can think of if no one else has any issues.

#570 6 years ago

You know, I just went and played a game, and focused solely on that left orbit, and I did see a fair bit of rattled shots. There were smooth ones as well, so it can shoot clean and smooth, but definitely some rattled and some rejected, so perhaps it does come down to "play better". Your machine may very well be playing the same as mine.

#571 6 years ago

Here's what a top down view of the guide looks like. Should there be that much grass showing on the edge?

20170525_102200 (resized).jpg20170525_102200 (resized).jpg

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Here's what a top down view of the guide looks like. Should there be that much grass showing on the edge?

Just looked at my pin and it looks the same as on the picture you made. I cannot recall having any problems with that shot.

#573 6 years ago

Mine rattles a bit if I don't hit it clean but it usually still makes it up there.

#574 6 years ago

Full Throttle reminds me of Williams IJ. When I first got them it seemed like every shot was a brick. Lanes are tight. Now after many plays later I have the shots down and they both flow well.

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Full Throttle reminds me of Williams IJ. When I first got them it seemed like every shot was a brick. Lanes are tight. Now after many plays later I have the shots down and they both flow well.

Loosening up that right ramp helped a lot on mine.

#576 6 years ago

Ft is a game where you can get punished for even being a fraction off on a shot . I had a lot of frustrating games and some that were super satisfying! Smoke I never had to tweak that lane , so it might need a little tweaking , I mostly had an issue at first where I had to get the screen level (air balls)

#577 6 years ago

Yah, I figure it's just a matter of hitting that shot better.

On another note, we used it in league play last night. Found out that after a 4 player game is finished, it only displays the 4th persons score. No way to see the other scores. Kinda stunk. Any work arounds for that?

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yah, I figure it's just a matter of hitting that shot better.
On another note, we used it in league play last night. Found out that after a 4 player game is finished, it only displays the 4th persons score. No way to see the other scores. Kinda stunk. Any work arounds for that?

What software version are you? I don't recall that a current issue.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What software version are you? I don't recall that a current issue.

Game Rev. 1.41

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

It fixed itself with a power cycle restart. But it sure did make my group match difficult! It wouldn't even show your final score after bonus, just move on to the next player. Next player up took a video of the player's last ball and we manually added the final score to bonus.

Besides the glitch, great tournament game. So many strategy choices!

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from BentHimself:

It fixed itself with a power cycle restart.

I'm unclear, is the 4 player score working on your game?

I just tested mine with a 4 player game, and when the game is over the 4 scores are visible and continue to be shown on the attract mode.

#582 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm unclear, is the 4 player score working on your game?
I just tested mine with a 4 player game, and when the game is over the 4 scores are visible and continue to be shown on the attract mode.

It must have been a bug. When we started league, the only score displayed at the end was player 4. We power cycled the game later (not I, I was busy) and the scores were all displayed after that.

I've encountered a few of these bugs. Colour on play field display goes wonky, power cycles fixes it. Lock up in attract mode, power cycle fixes it.

Super fun game though!

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

It must have been a bug. When we started league, the only score displayed at the end was player 4. We power cycled the game later (not I, I was busy) and the scores were all displayed after that.
I've encountered a few of these bugs. Colour on play field display goes wonky, power cycles fixes it. Lock up in attract mode, power cycle fixes it.
Super fun game though!

If all else fails, unplug and replug all the connections! I haven't heard of any of these issues but will keep an eye on mine.

#584 6 years ago

I have had to power cycle my game a few times. Not regularly, but there's never been a problem that I haven't corrected with a cold boot.

#585 6 years ago

There seems to be a bit of discussion about how many FTh machines have been produced so far. I have a FTh LE and it seems that there are not may of those around. I have attached a shot of the placards on my machine and I am wondering if they started the LEs at 300 as they probably had not cranked out over 300 games total. Are there any other LE owners that can shed some light on this? What number LE do you have?
I'm also curious about the highest number a Pinsider has on a Standard. It might help us make a good estimate of how many Andrew actually made.

Thanks!

IMG_0673 (resized).JPGIMG_0673 (resized).JPG

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have had to power cycle my game a few times. Not regularly, but there's never been a problem that I haven't corrected with a cold boot.

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones

Currently, I have a problem with Full Throttle locking up during gameplay for no apparent reason. Checked all connections, can't recreate the problem. Happens about every 4-5 games. Reboot the game and it is fine. This would be very inconvenient at home, on location it is unacceptable. Helmut is attempting to help with this latest problem, but initial response time was nearly a week and a half.

#587 6 years ago

I have had no lockup problems with mine and have never had to power cycle mine, so it seems that it is not all units.

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I have had no lockup problems with mine and have never had to power cycle mine, so it seems that it not all units

Same here but I play maybe only 5-10 games in a row max, my games are light use for the most part.

#589 6 years ago

when i had mine i didnt have to do it either , but like wickerman2 i am a light use player as well , 2-5 games in a row then off for a few days give or take .

#590 6 years ago

I have had no lockup problems with mine and have never had to power cycle mine, so it seems that it is not all units.

I have never had a lockup or other issue playing it at home. I took it to PAGG last weekend where it was played non-stop Friday & Saturday. I did end up with a big chip on the playfield thanks to a sinking wheel but with that exception there were no lockups or any other issues that I am aware of.

I have ordered carbon fiber protector rings from Cliify (passionforpinball.com, which I think are originally for #TWD magnet protection) to 'repair' my damaged playfield. Besides carbon fiber looks so cool anyway I think they may actually make the game look better. I will post before and after pictures when they are installed.

FYI Make sure your wheels are flush and tight if they sink even a little you will most certainly have nearly instantaneous and heartbreaking playfield damage.

BTW this game is running software version 1.3 which was installed when I purchased it.

#591 6 years ago

I'm also curious about the highest number a Pinsider has on a Standard.

My FT Standard is 53.

#592 6 years ago

I'm also curious about the highest number a Pinsider has on a Standard.

Someone mentioned he owned Full throttle SE #85 in the Alien thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/290#post-3791282

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

end up with a big chip on the playfield thanks to a sinking wheel

Were you able to adjust it back up?

I was thinking of putting some snug fitting mylar around those wheels just in case that happens on mine. Not sure it would help. The wheels don't affect the ball too much, they probably could've skipped those altogether.

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Were you able to adjust it back up?
I was thinking of putting some snug fitting mylar around those wheels just in case that happens on mine. Not sure it would help. The wheels don't affect the ball too much, they probably could've skipped those altogether.

Easily adjusted with a phillips screwdriver. I am thinking of adding allen head screws to make adjustment easier. The phillips can be a bit of a challenge on the middle one especially.

I agree that in hindsight the wheels don't do much for the game. But at the end of the day I am glad that they tried this. There are plenty of games with nothing new and I think it is better to try and innovate even if it doesn't succeed then not to try at all. I really wish that some type of edge protector was built in around the edge of the wheels instead of just leaving it bare. Seems like a bit of an engineering task but drop in sleeves would have solved this.

#595 6 years ago

DSC_0783 (resized).JPGDSC_0783 (resized).JPG

#596 6 years ago

Having a problem with Left Orbit switch 2-12 is not registering. I removed the switch board from the playfield to manually test - inductor is OK, but when mounted, it does not pick up the ball. I tried adjusting the height as best as I can to get it as close as possible, but still no luck. Any ideas? Have you guys hit switch issues like this before? How did you fix?

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Having a problem with Left Orbit switch 2-12 is not registering. I removed the switch board from the playfield to manually test - inductor is OK, but when mounted, it does not pick up the ball. I tried adjusting the height as best as I can to get it as close as possible, but still no luck. Any ideas? Have you guys hit switch issues like this before? How did you fix?

Have an issue on my Alien of a switch registering too much and can't get any help from heighway pinball and he sensors are apparently proprietary and can't get them anywhere else.

#598 6 years ago

I have played 638 times on this great game, how many games have you guyes played?

DSC_0829 (resized).JPGDSC_0829 (resized).JPG

#599 6 years ago

My FT...

Hopefully the new HP investors get things rolling so I can get some parts! Still need a flipper base plate for this game. Sigh.

FT Serial (resized).jpgFT Serial (resized).jpg

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

flipper base plate

Did it break?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decorations
There are 796 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.