(Topic ID: 139587)

Full Throttle - 1 Month Later (Now 1 Year Later)

By frolic

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaterminator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, since this my thread.. we're approaching almost a year of ownership of Full Throttle... here is how we're doing:
-The game has never sat dark during the entire time I've had it.
-Problems I've dealt with are of the minor variety... loose connections mostly.
-Original backbox lcd died, was replaced with large LCD.
-I did get the "speaker hum" issue, but it's been outlined in another thread the solution is to unbundle the speaker wires from the main trunk.
-The game did crash on occasion with version 1.0 software. With version 1.2 I've only seen it crash once (needs a cold reboot when this happens).
-I was just sent version 1.41 to update but have not done it yet.
Overall, in hindsight, in my desire to be the first owner there was high risk of the game not working for periods of time. I trusted Andrew that if something were to happen he would fix me up, but fortunately nothing major (worst was the LCD failure which was simple enough, and there is the playfield screen so the game was still playable at that time) has happened.
I think rule-wise the game could use some retooling, with real world feedback showing that the international race modes are generally avoided. Everyone basically works the multiball stacking strategy and avoids the scoop completely. Country races just seem too high risk for little reward.
But the game overall is fun, shoots awesome, and the mentioned stacking multiballs is a really fun pinball experience. I just think that half the game modes are avoided in general so that could be revisited.

I got to play it again at Pinburgh last week. It's a game I definitely enjoy & would love to own at some point. As you mentioned, the big issue with the current coding is complete avoidance of all races is the best strategy to getting a really good score. I found myself almost groaning when the ball accidentally went into the scoop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaterminator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-1-month-later?tu=zaterminator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.