(Topic ID: 59378)

Full throttle

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    tt.jpg
    Heighway_Pinball_Full_Throttle_pg_UKPP.jpg
    Doug_Watson.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

Just played full throttle my thoughts it is amazing
    Its still in the stage of working on it but the lightening the layout of it is fun fast and will be superb when completed

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

The translite it pretty cheesy and humerous
    Think they had too much curry from the fuel bar

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Haha nice flame out the rear end........looks like its been drawn in crayons

#4 10 years ago

Any pics of the pf? Looks like road rash!

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Any pics of the pf? Looks like road rash!

Try and take some tomorrow now if its still there

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for posting pics, look forward to seeing more pics and updates

#7 10 years ago

I've also seen the new website and the whole cabinet has been redesigned, looks sleek, state of the art and totally different to the one in those photos. This is shaping up to be very very good.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 10 years ago

Wow, just been shown this! take a look, new sleek back board and look at those cuts in the side. Very very nice.
    Put me down for an LE!! I know they wanted to modernise pinball and this is impressing me so far, keep up the good work guys.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Just 2 Playfield pics

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 10 years ago

so no chain drive toy as yet

#11 10 years ago

Can we expect a gameplay video?

Looking good, saw some other gameplay video, and this game is fast. Which i like.

#12 10 years ago

I'm really digging the whole (one cabinet, swap out the backglass and side art) concept. If operators can simply drop in a new playfield, side art, and translite for the next pin, this is a model that could really work.

#13 10 years ago

This weekend is the uk pinball party.
    So we will be getting some game play video any day now as there is a prototype there.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm really digging the whole (one cabinet, swap out the backglass and side art) concept. If operators can simply drop in a new playfield, side art, and translite for the next pin, this is a model that could really work.

agree and also would be a great concept for maintenance if a sited machine needs to be serviced, simply slide in the new playfield and take the other playfield away for servicing.

#15 10 years ago

Tough theme to design good artwork for...here's my favourite motorcycle-themed backglass:

image-10.jpgimage-10.jpg

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

so no chain drive toy as yet

I don't know if it's in the new prototype, but I think the pics of the playfield above are older pics that I've seen before, so who knows if it's there in the game at the UK Pinball Party.
    Hope to see some video indeed, so time we'll see sound, rules and screen used.

#17 10 years ago

Machine looks the same as in Germany. Some sound and callouts and some video.

#18 10 years ago

Lots of good ideas, I just can't get over the artwork though. Looks very 'Sega Genesis' box art to me. Hope it's a success though, the new cabinet design is a great idea

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_ox100:

Just 2 Playfield pics

That crossed plastic ramp is sweet! Thanks for sharing guys

#20 10 years ago

Curious in how they plan to glaze in the side glass panels, hopefully in a way that will be easy to reglaze on site. The way I would do it is a captive wedge to the outside of the cabinet and a roll in wedge on the inside (facing the playfield). As shown below

captive_wedge.gifcaptive_wedge.gif

#21 10 years ago

Can't wait to see a video.

#22 10 years ago

Any more pictures/video from the uk pinball party of full throttle?
    Any more reviews/comments from people that played it?
    What was the LCD in the playfield like??

#23 10 years ago

That new cab design is awesome. Sooooo much better than. What they had before with that fugly speaker panel.

#24 10 years ago

Cross over ramps will be Fibre optic lit and shaker motor in LE

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

That new cab design is awesome. Sooooo much better than. What they had before with that fugly speaker panel.

Yes it looks awesome! I want one!!

#26 10 years ago

I am not in to this theme at all. But the layout looks great IMO.

I really also like the modern composite look of the cabinet. Unsure if side panels are a security risk but looks alone I think it is slick.

#27 10 years ago

Horrible art package looks second rate, with all that Stern and JJP are producing you would think he would have stepped up his game, Im sure its a fun pin but come on guys that art sucks plain and simple.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_ox100:

Cross over ramps will be Fibre optic lit and shaker motor in LE

Really? How? Like fiber optic tubing?

#29 10 years ago

looks promising but not sure about the slim backbox, the speaker panel needs more work/something else.
    i have to agree, artwork is a step back, feels like i'm back late 70's/early ss pin.

but since it's a proto a lot of things could change.

#30 10 years ago

The art has been a point of contention during the entire project. Perhaps it is the overseas influences versus the American styles. I know Andrew has come in here and spoken up about the experience of the artist, and all that is true, it's just a style thing.

I hope that we will be talking less about the art as we see more of the game play. Right now all we have is the art to talk about really.

#31 10 years ago

Anyone out there with art skills that could come up with new art?
    Be good to see some posted on here, maybe they would amend it??

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Horrible art package looks second rate, with all that Stern and JJP are producing you would think he would have stepped up his game, Im sure its a fun pin but come on guys that art sucks plain and simple.

Art has improved, it seems. Previous version of Full throttle cabinet was really bad, I have to admit. They seemed to have improved it a bit.

Interesting PF layout. Realling looking to playing it!

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Art has improved, it seems. Previous version of Full throttle cabinet was really bad, I have to admit. They seemed to have improved it a bit.
    Interesting PF layout. Realling looking to playing it!

You call that improved, wow! just speechless, I see better art coming out of my kids elementary school.

Quoted from beatmaster:

looks promising but not sure about the slim backbox, the speaker panel needs more work/something else.
    i have to agree, artwork is a step back, feels like i'm back late 70's/early ss pin.
    but since it's a proto a lot of things could change.

I been thinking the same thing, there is no way that machine is going to sell here in the us. If he wants to succeed he is going to have to change the whole art package. Mr Nordman please talk some sense into this guy, you may not even make a game for him. As is this will be a one miss pony.

#34 10 years ago

You call that improved, wow! just speechless, I see better art coming out of my kids elementary school.

Improved in comparison to this

image.jpgimage.jpg

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Improved in comparison to this

Good job they changed the side art I preferd the one at daventry

#36 10 years ago

Star race scoop cliffy coming soon

#37 10 years ago

I'm surprised at some of the comments coming about the artwork. You can't see the side artwork while you're playing a machine, plus if you've got multiple machines in your collection (the majority of people on here) it'll be between 2 other machines and you couldn't see the side artwork even if you're not playing. Are you buying a pinball machine to play or to look at?

I played FT at Daventry Saturday and Sunday and it plays really well with great flow, plenty to shoot for from each flipper and it's clear what it is you are meant to be shooting for at any given time. The screen in the playfield means you can get more complicated objectives without having to look up at the backbox thus taking your eyes away from the ball.

Overall I think it's a great effort. Artwork is easy to change/update (IF it's felt necessary), playfield layout less so.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I been thinking the same thing, there is no way that machine is going to sell here in the us. If he wants to succeed he is going to have to change the whole art package.

I disagree there. I have 2 friends in the U.S. that are seriously considering buying a Full Throttle as they had raced motorcycles. The theme does it for them. So just like BBB, MM, TZ, or even any of the older B/W titles, it is all preference/opinion. So if technology changes, why shouldn't the size of the backbox? Just would be a waste of wood. Though, I don't like the style right now, I'm sure it will grow on me.

Just as anything else in life, what one person likes, another doesn't. That goes for cars/trucks as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing what game #2 will be.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I disagree there. I have 2 friends in the U.S. that are seriously considering buying a Full Throttle as they had raced motorcycles. The theme does it for them. So just like BBB, MM, TZ, or even any of the older B/W titles, it is all preference/opinion. So if technology changes, why shouldn't the size of the backbox? Just would be a waste of wood. Though, I don't like the style right now, I'm sure it will grow on me.
    Just as anything else in life, what one person likes, another doesn't. That goes for cars/trucks as well.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what game #2 will be.

There wont be a game number 2, Pinball is now the whole package with the price the way it is, no collector is going to waste their money on this garabage looking pin. This pin could have every bell and whistle shoot flames out it ass but the art sucks and this is a major selling point to any collector. Change the art and I would be singing a different tune. Case in point is Metallica some people hate the band but cant get over how good the art is and have to have it.

#40 10 years ago

looks cool to me and crossed ramps are hard to pass up

#41 10 years ago

I have Metallica, and I don't really like the art. I bought it for gameplay and theme (audio). Not that the art isn't good, it just isn't Metallica to me. I grew up with their older style art Pushead, and prefer it to DD. I am finding that the sounds play a greater role for me. When I am playing, even the playfield art kind of becomes secondary to me. It's just a blur as you are focusing on the ball. If the sounds are bad, there is nothing you can do.

For me, the cabinet art wouldn't stop me from buying a game if the layout and sounds are good, as long as the artwork isn't totally hideous on the playfield.

I think this game is promising, and if I hadn't just bought Metallica, I would consider ordering one.

#42 10 years ago

The playfield art is fine. Yes the translite needs work but kudos to heighway for having the stones to show the public a very early game. They didn't need to do that as they aren't asking for cash up front. Look at it from an objective standpoint. What's there has great potential.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

The playfield art is fine. Yes the translite needs work but kudos to heighway for having the stones to show the public a very early game. They didn't need to do that as they aren't asking for cash up front. Look at it from an objective standpoint. What's there has great potential.

Please dont get get me wrong we need all the pinball companies out there to survive, I am named Harley, I would love any motorcyle theme pin however if this is your first pinball produced and everything is rocking except the art then fix the art. You can only polish a turd so much then you have to flush and start over.

I want this company to do extremly well and I think they along with JJP are making stern raise there bar. But the art is just as important as the callouts and music do it right the first time is all I am saying.

#44 10 years ago

I'm not 100% on this,

but I believe there might be the option of having the traditional looking backbox or the new Heighway style backbox, as well as other options/customisation for buyers.

Exciting times ahead!!! Well done team.

#45 10 years ago

That bottom cross section of the ramp is going to get cracked to shit in no time. I know they were intending on dealing with the end of the ramps where they drop as well, as this was just plastic.

I like the layout, but fear, as I do with all these new projects, that without experienced people with years of b/w or stern Q&C (don't laugh at the stern part of that, still counts), these projects will have many issues down the road.

I hope I'm wrong, as I would like to see stuff like this succeed, but this is my #1 concern.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

There wont be a game number 2, Pinball is now the whole package with the price the way it is, no collector is going to waste their money on this garabage looking pin. This pin could have every bell and whistle shoot flames out it ass but the art sucks and this is a major selling point to any collector. Change the art and I would be singing a different tune. Case in point is Metallica some people hate the band but cant get over how good the art is and have to have it.

There you have it. Your opinion does not match everyone else's. I hope they do well and make several machines in the future.

I like very few of Metallica songs and do not care for the artwork at all on the playfield/translate. I though still look forward to playing it since it has some cool features on it. gabegabegabe and I seem to feel the same way about it.

#47 10 years ago

I'd like to hear about the chain drive, and if it will still be in the game.

I think we're going to have to live with the art, this seems very late in production now.

#48 10 years ago

I think the artwork is an improvement and looks great, but at what point do you merge into photoshop stuff - it's all personal. Yes the artwork of DD is sweet in my opinion but I think if every Stern release had it, it would all look the same and would take the shine off those special pins like Metallica, and I am one of those that don't like the music...

As for design, HP have done well for their first pin and sure it will only get better especially with an expert or 2 giving advice and teaching the guys and helping in the design development. With that said our legends all started somewhere with no pin design experience and even the legends get design wrong like in recent games.

Give them a chance and wait for the official release as heard Pinball News will release a story very soon.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

I'm surprised at some of the comments coming about the artwork. You can't see the side artwork while you're playing a machine, plus if you've got multiple machines in your collection (the majority of people on here) it'll be between 2 other machines and you couldn't see the side artwork even if you're not playing. Are you buying a pinball machine to play or to look at?

I can overlook a ton of cheesy artwork if I'm paying a couple grand. If you want to get $10K out of me, you better knock it out of the park with every aspect, including artwork. In fact, for me, the more expensive a pin gets, the more I expect it to look as good as it plays.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

I can overlook a ton of cheesy artwork if I'm paying a couple grand. If you want to get $10K out of me, you better knock it out of the park with every aspect, including artwork. In fact, for me, the more expensive a pin gets, the more I expect it to look as good as it plays.

I respect your opinion re: the artwork. We listen to feedback and make changes where we feel they are necessary. There is still a little work to be done to the artwork before it is truly finished

I am very curious to know where your $10k price point came from. It wasn't from us.

The U.S. retail price point is expected to be below the $6,500 mark for our Standard model. We are doing everything we can to reduce our Bill of Materials and keep the U.S. price point as low, and competitive, as possible

Very soon, we will be announcing pricing in key territories - including the States

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.