Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fireball2
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48732BF-4456-420C-9515-C5B5F10E4A71 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

This is an impressive home brew pinball machine:

#2 3 years ago

Wow this is awesome!!!

#3 3 years ago

That’s incredible! I was more excited and impressed watching that, than when I’m watching the new Stern release video.

#4 3 years ago

Very impressive.

#5 3 years ago

I hope Dead Flip can make a stream! Hehe. Would be awesome!!

#6 3 years ago

My goodness!

#7 3 years ago

I’d probably slap save too hard and wonder why I feel a bunch of plastic pieces around my ankle.

#8 3 years ago

Wow! Incredible.

#10 3 years ago

That is freaking genius!!!

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Where's the Pinduino?

Needs pinstadium.
    Tool cool for school.

#12 3 years ago

A work of art!

#13 3 years ago

Freaking amazing!! Well done!

#14 3 years ago

Certainly has more toys then most recent releases

#15 3 years ago

And a mini playfield too!!

#16 3 years ago

Awesome! I love stuff like this. Hats off to you! Have you ever seen this?

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from fuseholder:

That is the coolest thing Iv ever seen in my life!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Where's the Pinduino?

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Needs pinstadium.
    Tool cool for school.

In case you weren't aware, the OP is the creator of Pinduino which is why I made the comment.

#19 3 years ago

I can not imagine how many hours would have gone into design then build. Amazing!!

#20 3 years ago

Absolutely incredible - definitely needs lights to finish this masterpiece!

#21 3 years ago

Wow.. super cool... great job

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

I can not imagine how many hours would have gone into design then build. Amazing!!

He stated about 400. That’s about 399 hours more than modern Sterns

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from fuseholder:

No I haven’t but that’s pretty cool! I love stuff like that. Reminds me of a little cafe in Vermont that had a system like that to take oranges from the kitchen up and around the whole cafe ceiling and into a juicer.

#24 3 years ago

I thought the plane I made with my kid was pretty cool. Not so much anymore.

But seriously, that machine is amazing!

E48732BF-4456-420C-9515-C5B5F10E4A71 (resized).jpegE48732BF-4456-420C-9515-C5B5F10E4A71 (resized).jpeg
    #25 3 years ago

Sofa King Killer!
    I'd put down a deposit right now for a NIB. And I haven't owned a machine built after 1995!
    Looove this thing so much!

#26 3 years ago

Wow just wow! Just as impressed with this as I am with any ‘standard’ homebrew .. this things insane!

#27 3 years ago

It boggles my mind with a) the creativity of people, b) the passion and drive of these individuals and c) the obvious absence of any family or work life which means you are an independently wealthy mad scientist type, maybe own your own island? d) I wish I could what you do.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from tdbower:

No I haven’t but that’s pretty cool! I love stuff like that. Reminds me of a little cafe in Vermont that had a system like that to take oranges from the kitchen up and around the whole cafe ceiling and into a juicer.

This is the person who made this machine!

Incredible work. Would love to know what inspired you to create this, what ideas you tried that didn't work out, and some of the more interesting design challenges you faced when putting it all together!

#29 3 years ago

Frippertron haha I’m actually just a recent graduate with a Mechanical Engineering degree, and I had a lot of downtime living at home during quarantine and applying for jobs. I’m not independently wealthy, but I did recently accept a job offer at Lockheed Martin! I also have only 3 private islands.

#30 3 years ago

Tyler kindly agreed to chat with Uncle Pinball tonight at 8.
    Any other questions besides, How the f did you do that?

#31 3 years ago

I'm curious about how hard it is to maintain, or if anything like glue was used to hold everything together. I built a big K'nex rollercoaster as a kid once, and it worked flawlessly at first, but after a short period of time it started to experience issues as all the pieces started to shift and come apart.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I'm curious about how hard it is to maintain, or if anything like glue was used to hold everything together. I built a big K'nex rollercoaster as a kid once, and it worked flawlessly at first, but after a short period of time it started to experience issues as all the pieces started to shift and come apart.

Good one! Same here!

#33 3 years ago

Uncle Pinball's Podcast #57: Interview with Tyler the KNEX Pinball Machine Guy!
    That sucker weighs over 70 pounds! 16,000+ pieces. NO ARDUINO! No glue!
    Such an impressive feat!

https://unclepinball.buzzsprout.com/

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-sized-pinball-machine-out-of-knex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.