image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg

#1 6 years ago

Just unveiled
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Oh is that beautiful. Thanks for posting.

#3 6 years ago

Killer!!!....love it...

#4 6 years ago

This the new standard or an add on feature? Looks killer!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

This the new standard or an add on feature? Looks killer!

Guessing this is an add on for sure... I can ask when Q and A starts... And how much... Any other questions? Reviewing Aliens now. Lots of gameplay info

#6 6 years ago

Wow, I'm gonna need this on my Alien LE.

#7 6 years ago

It was approx $350 to add the dmd sized one, so you can take a guess what the "big boy" will cost.

Having said that, because of the modular nature of the system, it is a one time purchase, so I'm inclined to max out my Heighway cabinet since the big lcd will be used with all games.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Guessing this is an add on for sure... I can ask when Q and A starts... And how much... Any other questions? Reviewing Aliens now. Lots of gameplay info

Sweet....interested to hear what they say regarding Alien LE and larger screen...

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Uhm, hell yeah!!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Agreed, and if Aurich does custom art around that!!!....whoa....

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Chrome trim!

#12 6 years ago

Shit, I am sooooo glad I'm in on this!!!

#13 6 years ago

LE's will be gone, if not already....

#14 6 years ago

looks good,tell Al to get one for his FT

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It was approx $350 to add the dmd sized one, so you can take a guess what the "big boy" will cost.
Having said that, because of the modular nature of the system, it is a one time purchase, so I'm inclined to max out my Heighway cabinet since the big lcd will be used with all games.

Would be nice if they gave you early adopters $350 credit towards this..

#16 6 years ago

alien full screen lcd backbox too

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

alien full screen lcd backbox too

Aurichs backbox art must of sucked...

#18 6 years ago

Screen will be available as an upgrade in all future games... Eventually different programming on playfield and backbox but for now they mirror each other.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Would be nice if they gave you early adopters $350 credit towards this..

sort of a bummer, for sure. I'd need to see more about the big boy. As part of their system they have those 50 addressable leds in the backbox, which the big LCD wouldn't utilize.

I'm sort of concerned Heighway is creating a lot of versions to support...

-LCD only in playfield, No LCD in backbox, Traditional translite, 50 addressable LEDs.
-LCD in playfield, dmd size LCD in backbox, Traditional translite, 50 addressable LEDs.
-LCD in playfield, Large LCD in backbox, No traditional translite, no 50 addressable LEDs.

#20 6 years ago

Now we are talking!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

sort of a bummer, for sure. I'd need to see more about the big boy. As part of their system they have those 50 addressable leds in the backbox, which the big LCD wouldn't utilize.
I'm sort of concerned Heighway is creating a lot of versions to support....

Agree with you. I would think the big boy would become the standard but who knows.

#22 6 years ago

I have to guess though that since the entire backbox comes off the cabinet, it will be an easy upgrade. The only question is cost, and if anything will be done for the early adopters.

#23 6 years ago

Just like JJP, but I thought so many pinheads wanted a SEGA DMD sized display?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Agree with you. I would think the big boy would become the standard but who knows.

Especially with eventual different content available for each screen, suspect you're correct...

#25 6 years ago

I asked ... It will be $550-600 or less for the full LCD screen upgrade. Will be announced officially soon

#26 6 years ago

If it is true the Heighway system can only support two separate different video feeds with their architecture, then the giant LCD back box makes sense for Full Throttle. But for Alien it already has two different video feeds going, one for the playfield and one for the airlock toy. Does that mean the large lcd back box option for Alien can only mirror the playfield lcd screen and never show different programming? Can someone ask?

#27 6 years ago

I asked... Currently they have 2 video outputs... They Will have the ability to show something in the playfield and something different on the large screen (full size video, etc). Only 2 feeds at once right now but that could change too. They were a little vague but very clear that the intent is to have the lcd large screen different from the play-field.

Since the alien screen will rotate and show a toy behind perhaps that is when they can utilize the different video to the backbox?.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Since the alien screen will rotate and show a toy behind perhaps that is when they can utilize the different video to the backbox?.

An excellent observation. Thanks. I hope the tech and wiring can allow this to happen the way it gets built in production. Fingers crossed.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I asked... Currently they have 2 video outputs... They Will have the ability to show something in the playfield and something different on the large screen (full size video, etc). Only 2 feeds at once right now but that could change too. They were a little vague but very clear that the intent is to have the lcd large screen different from the play-field.

Scores and gameplay specific stuff on playfield, cool interactive video on the big screen......??....that sounds completely badass!!!

#30 6 years ago

This is really great to see, Full Throttle and Heighway just keep getting better. This is going to be awesome on location.

I'm sure they will look after the early guys and give them a discount. Or maybe you will be able to trade in your old backbox if you want to upgrade.

#31 6 years ago

This on the pf small screen:
image.jpeg

This on the big screen back box:

image.jpeg

Winna winna chicken dinna!

#32 6 years ago

2 more questions if it's not too late, has there been any thought on custom pin blades for each of the title themes, and will the Space Jockey make an appearance on the Alien pin?

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

This on the pf small screen:
image.jpeg
This on the big screen back box:
image.jpeg

Possibilities endless!!!....I really think this is MAJOR good news!!!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

When was this announced??

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

At the seminar I think but I have no idea where to find this information. Perhaps these are people who were there. I'm hanging out for an official publishing of the info revealed at the seminar!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

At the seminar I think but I have no idea where to find this information. Perhaps these are people who were there. I'm hanging out for an official publishing of the info revealed at the seminar!

No info other than Andrew pointing at the playfield diagram on the screen. There is a mode screen in front of the queen. When appropriate the whole area turns around taking the screen out of the way and revealing the queen.

Probably more comments on the alien thread.

#37 6 years ago

This game is looking really sharp now!

31.jpg

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

The rotating airlock toy with LCD screen? Since about day 1.

The second video feed that bypasses the airlock screen when it is turned away and reverts to the giant optional back box screen to show different video than just mirroring the playfield video? That is hopeful speculation which began a few minutes ago in this very thread.

It would require some unique bypass video wiring, extra coding, and a bit of effort on the Heighway Team - all for something that will only be purchased optionally.

That could be just pie in the sky dreams as for as making it into the Alien pin but... there is time. Plenty of time to dream big.

#39 6 years ago

Definitely going w big screen on my AlienLE.....I actually like the large screen on my WOZ ( maybe in minority here, but the movie clips rock, and will immerse the player even more in Alien, imho)

3 weeks later
#40 6 years ago

Here are some pictures I took from Full Throttle during the Dutch Pinball Open 2015. I also took some with the small screen for comparison.

Please note that pictures were taken by using my phone and pictures taken from a distance do not represent the sharpness you would witness in real life.

I am getting the big screen for sure

IMG_20151108_130952.jpgIMG_20151108_132814.jpgIMG_20151108_130843.jpgIMG_20151108_125903.jpgIMG_20151108_130121.jpg

#41 6 years ago

Having seen the large screen at the DPO I wouldn't personally want any other version. It made Full Throttle stand out from the crowd (even more than WOZ) GOT looked very dated in comparison.

Also, after watching Bowen's tutorial I found that I enjoyed playing the game a lot more as I understood the goals I was aiming for. This suggests that perhaps there is a little more work needed to convey instructions to the player which Andy said are being worked on.

This machine was the star of the show for me, I went expecting to place an order for TBL and will now be after FT/ Alien instead.

#42 6 years ago

Just upgraded my upgrade

Cost an extra GBP150 to go from 10.1" to 27". Great value and can't wait to see in person

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 4.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!