• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download_20140928_132259.jpeg
download_20140928_132251.jpeg
m-01.jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I've never played MM. I've never seen it on route or in any collection at all or at an auction. I think my only chance of seeing this game is when the new MMr eventually is put on route somewhere.

Ownership chances for me will come when THOSE games start coming off route or they impact the pricing of the originals still in people's homes. I do look forward to that day.

I think I'm probably in a very small minority of pinsiders who have never played this game. Is there anyone else in this hobby/on this board who has been around pinball for a long time that's never played it?

#2 9 years ago

I've never seen one in real live, or even a video online.

#3 9 years ago

I played one the first day it showed up on route back in 97. Fun game!

#4 9 years ago

I played it once at Explosion 2 years ago. Beautiful example. Other than that. Nothing.

#5 9 years ago

I played it a few times in the past year when I got into pinball. Before that I have never played it. After having played many different pinball machines in the past year, I can see why it is the highest rated game. There's a really good replay factor with this game that you don't get with a lot of games. I can easily see myself owning an MMR when it starts becoming widely available.

#6 9 years ago

Played it for the first time last year at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. Was too loud in the room to hear the audio which is supposed to be part of what makes it great. I did try a virtual version on the iPad, but I really don't think that can give you a true represenation. Both versions seemed fun and I can see the appeal of the machine and I trust the reviews on this site.

Like you, I might like to own one version someday and at this point I would take a remake if the price were right.

#7 9 years ago

I have played it, pinball arcade app for ipad also has it.

#8 9 years ago

I played the one at Headquarters Beercade in Chiicago 2 weeks back. It was the first time I had seen one in person in years. Pretty rare in my experience to see them in the wild.

The pin at HQ was in great shape and super fun to play.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from phuping:

I played the one at Headquarters Beercade in Chiicago 2 weeks back. It was the first time I had seen one in person in years. Pretty rare in my experience to see them in the wild.
The pin at HQ was in great shape and super fun to play.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

#10 9 years ago

I've played it at pinburgh for the first time and at the Ohio pinball show once. Other than that only on the pinball arcade game.
Can't wait for MMr.

#11 9 years ago

Played it in 99 and loved it. Played it once at the Houston Expo and it wasn't as fun as I remember. However, the music was so basting that it took away some of the fun of playing. I would like to play it in a home environment and see what I think.

#12 9 years ago

To me its $5000 fun, not $8000 fun. I feel that way about Tron too, so maybe my value system is just skewed.

#13 9 years ago

Lucky enough to have one at the local watering hole not far from my house.

#14 9 years ago

I played a ton of MM on vpin. Played a handful (10?) games at pin circus @ ss. I'm excited.

#15 9 years ago

There is a reason it is pretty consistently rated as the top pinball of all time. Excellent machine, hard to beat, fun, looks great, really good audio. Basically, the only thing not to like about it is the price. I've had one in my collection for a very long time and it would be the last to ever go should it come to that. There are a lot of neat mods you can do on it as well (along with some over the top ones as well).

#16 9 years ago

I've played routed garbage MM and it makes me sad.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

There is a reason it is pretty consistently rated as the top pinball of all time. Excellent machine, hard to beat, fun, looks great, really good audio. Basically, the only thing not to like about it is the price. I've had one in my collection for a very long time and it would be the last to ever go should it come to that. There are a lot of neat mods you can do on it as well (along with some over the top ones as well).

Ya! I LOVE the call outs. So freaking funny. It has good rules for newbies and experienced players.

#18 9 years ago

I had a chance to buy an MM for a good price ($6500) back in about 2006-07, but had never played it. I was vaguely familiar with its critical acclaim, but passed. This was back when I was much more focused on EM's. Then, I finally played MM at Pinball on a Stick at the Minnesota State Fair (and have now played it pretty much every year since the Stick started), really enjoyed it, and now have an MMR on order. I am looking forward to actually hearing the audio (similar to scottrogers' comment above) for the game when I get MMR at home, as I have only played it in the extremely noisy setting at the State Fair.

#19 9 years ago

I've been in pinball for 10 years and I've never heard of it before. Is it a pinball machine?

#20 9 years ago

I've been lucky enough to play them in some private collections, at Texas Pinball Festival, and a few arcades within driving distance. Cactus Jacks in OKC has one, so does Pinballz in Austin.

It's an incredible game. Maybe not the deepest, maybe not the hardest, but it is well balanced, seems to have universal appeal across age groups and is just plain fun.

Great all around game. I'll have mine finished (restoring/building/modding) very soon and my wife and kids are dying for me to get it finished, but I'm trying not to rush it.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from jonny_eh:

I've been in pinball for 10 years and I've never heard of it before. Is it a pinball machine?

Nope.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I've never played MM. I've never seen it on route

Head north 3 hours and 45 minutes. I have one on the line and a MMre do soon. So at some point soon you can play both versions here.

LTG : )™

#23 9 years ago

I know of two people here in town that have one and I think they still route one at a bowling alley in Ames. Hit me up if you want to try it locally.

Or, brave the wild tundra and visit Lloyd

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I know of two people here in town that have one and I think they still route one at a bowling alley in Ames. Hit me up if you want to try it locally.
Or, brave the wild tundra and visit Lloyd

The one in Iowa City - Garbage
The one in Waterloo - Garbage (most lights out and castle switch not working)
The one in Ames - Turned off when I stopped in

#25 9 years ago

I've played MM almost every work day after work for 2-3 years starting when it was released. It was at an arcade near my office in the days there was still one.

I'm awaiting a MMr because with all the games I played, I never got tired of it and it always stayed fun. It accessible for the beginner and challenging for the expert. Became quite good at it but never consistently mastered. I was able to do a handful or two battles for the kingdom per year.

#26 9 years ago

I've never played one in person either -- I would blame that on my youth, but 97 is really not that long ago, so the death of arcades might be to blame. I've played a ton of MM on the iPad, however. Even on the iPad, I can tell how impressive it is (it's very immersive). The castle must be pretty mind-blowing in person. Sounds like Headquarters got one since I was last there, so I need to visit soon! Maybe someone will bring one to PaTZ...

#27 9 years ago

i don't really remember seeing one back in the day, but i have had a chance to play one or two in recent years, as well as putting tons of hours into TPA's version on my iPad.

the castle is the second best interactive toy in all of pinball. (Rudy is #1)

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i don't really remember seeing one back in the day, but i have had a chance to play one or two in recent years, as well as putting tons of hours into TPA's version on my iPad.
the castle is the second best interactive toy in all of pinball. (Rudy is #1)

I graduated high school in '97. I only had access to about 10 pins in town and a few at childhood campgrounds. Never seen an MM till about 5 years ago. I knew it exsisted but never played.

#29 9 years ago

They have one I've played many times at the Silverball Museum in NJ.

It's fun. Not the best game in the world to me, but fun.

#30 9 years ago

Played one at Pinballz Arcade in Austin, TX. It's fun. It's even a lot of fun. But $8,000 of fun?

#31 9 years ago

When we get ours.. I will let you know ..And you can come down and enjoy a fresh NIB.... I have played the Original and the latest MMR's .. So cannot wait to get one.....

NT.

#32 9 years ago

oh boy do I feel lucky, We have one on route here in Saskatoon. Just finished playing it in the tourney Saturday.. super fun game would love to have one some day.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Played it once at the Houston Expo and it wasn't as fun as I remember.

I played the same game. I don't think it was played as much as some of the other pins. Several times I just walked up to it and played a game with no wait. It's a fun game but so are a lot of other pins from the 90s. The castle doesn't do much for me but I do like the humor and different shots. It's cool they are doing a remake so I hope it sells well. I would love to see remakes of other classics.

#34 9 years ago

I owned an MM for 10 months, I ended up selling undoubtedly a Great pin, here in Brazil it is quite easy to find.

m-01.jpgm-01.jpg

#35 9 years ago

Zanzibar here in Louisville has one "In the wild" tons of other good ones too though

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I've never played MM. I've never seen it on route or in any collection at all or at an auction. I think my only chance of seeing this game is when the new MMr eventually is put on route somewhere.
Ownership chances for me will come when THOSE games start coming off route or they impact the pricing of the originals still in people's homes. I do look forward to that day.
I think I'm probably in a very small minority of pinsiders who have never played this game. Is there anyone else in this hobby/on this board who has been around pinball for a long time that's never played it?

I played one at Perfect Games in Ames, IA for the first time about a month ago. It was tons of fun. Although the left flipper would get stuck on whenever you hit the left flipper button and would only deactivate if you hit the left flipper again. Still had a ball playing it though.

#37 9 years ago

I played MM at Lyons Classic Pinball in Colorado. They have a boatload of great games there... all in excellent shape. But last time I was in Lyons it was a Monday and they were closed. Worse, my sister moved away from Lyons in 2014, so it seems unlikely I will ever get back there.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

To me its $5000 fun, not $8000 fun. I feel that way about Tron too, so maybe my value system is just skewed.

Quoted from Jopper:

Played one at Pinballz Arcade in Austin, TX. It's fun. It's even a lot of fun. But $8,000 of fun?

And that is the rating that matters most. How much fun you think the game is / the cost of the machine. There are games I find to be much more fun than MM. I understand the appeal of the game, but it just doesn't suit me. If you put a perfect playing MM and a perfect playing Getaway on location next to each other, I'm dumping quarters into Getaway all afternoon.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If you put a perfect playing MM and a perfect playing Getaway on location next to each other, I'm dumping quarters into Getaway all afternoon.

That was the case when Judge Dredd sat next to MM back in the day. That being said, MM is still worth 50 cents.

#40 9 years ago

You guys are making me feel spoiled. There's MM everywhere here and always has been, from locations to private collections. There's always been at least one at a time floating around the bars in the city's south side. I have no fewer than five local friends who have the game in their collection and plenty of other collectors I know of around here have one too. Then there's always PAPA. I have never even considered buying one for myself.

#41 9 years ago

I owned MM for almost 2 years. The thing that makes it great more than anything is the theme, and how well it is integrated. I,e, call outs, humor, music, and artwork.

Rules are also good, and I think the Wizard mode is great.

#42 9 years ago

I know of 8 people buying MMR that have never played MM, so you are not alone OP.

MM is my top solid state game and the first game I ever bought NIB.

#43 9 years ago

I can't think of a production pin from system 11 up that I have not played.

#44 9 years ago

It's a very fun and funny game. It's been highly ranked by players for a reason. When you get a chance, soak it up. I love mine.

#45 9 years ago

If you're in Chicago, Brixie's in Brookfield has a well maintained one in good condition (I think they still have it at least, haven't been there in a few months).

#46 9 years ago

First, I've played the crap out of it in the Pinball Arcade app. But that's only useful for learning the rules and hearing the call outs. They try to get the feel of real pinball, but that's a hard thing to do.

I've been fortunate to play a few real ones though. There's one at the Pinball Museum in Las Vegas, but it has seen better days, at least when I was there which was a little over a year ago. I played a couple at California Extreme last year. There's also one that I've played a couple of times here in San Francisco at a place called Free Gold Watch.

There is something about this pin that is right up my alley. Maybe it is because I am such a Monty Python fan and it plays into that humor a lot. It may not be the deepest of the deep games, but there are plenty of goals to keep you occupied. The rules are easy to pick up and it's all pretty straightforward. The call outs and music just make it such a fun experience. I don't think I could ever get tired of destroying the castle.

That is why I have put a deposit down on a MMRLE. I have to own one and am happy to have the opportunity to get a NIB with all the updated tech and from what it sounds like, perhaps even fixes to some of the issues with the original machines. I hope it all goes well being an early adopter.

#47 9 years ago

Could play this pin on many places back then.

#48 9 years ago

I think we are all heading over to TeeKee's to play.....once they start shipping

#49 9 years ago

You can stop by and play mine when it comes in the mail.

#50 9 years ago

There are 2 MM in Ames, Perfect Games (That I think also had a CC but its been a while) and then the London Underground usually has 2 pins in rotation and of of them is almost always a MM. The condition of the pins ranges, never perfect but usually playable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-mmr-disclosure and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.