• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Full House 9s relays (resized).jpg
Full House (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

If you look at the playfield of the Full House (a 1966 Williams) picture I attached, you will see the two nines are both lit, which lights the red pop bumper, getting 100 points which is correct. However, once you have one or both of the nines lit, when you move your score on the ten digit score wheel by any means, it seems to reset the nines, turning the light(s) off. If both nines were lit and this happens, it also resets the red pop bumper, turning off the light and it goes back to scoring only 10 points. You also lose your full house if you happened to have one. There are two ways to move the ten digit score wheel, by hitting any of the 10 point bumpers and and/or targets, or by hitting the single digit button when it is at nine and it rolls over to the next ten digit. Both ways causes the issue and it does it every time one or both of the nines are lit. Any ideas on the most likely cause?

Full House (resized).jpgFull House (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Press57:

once you have one or both of the nines lit, when you move your score on the ten digit score wheel by any means, it seems to reset the nines, turning the light(s) off.

I think that's the way it's supposed to work.
Full House 9s relays (resized).jpgFull House 9s relays (resized).jpg
Whenever the 10 point relay fires it opens the switch in the red box which will cut power to both of the 9s relays. Same thing happens when the Dealers relay fires which I think is when the ball drains.

/Mark

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

[quoted image]
Whenever the 10 point relay fires it opens the switch in the red box which will cut power to both of the 9s relays. Same thing happens when the Dealers relay fires which I think is when the ball drains.
/Mark

Mark, I do know that when you first start a ball, it goes through one of the three top channels (you can see them in my pic) which are all ten point channels, and that does reset the 9s if one or both are lit so you can't carryover a pair of nines to the next ball, however, I think that's the only time it should do that. You would hardly ever get a full house if it resets every time you turn the 10 digit number and when I was playing this before, I was getting them on a somewhat semi-regular basis. I have a message to someone I think also owns a Full House to see how it works for him. I'll keep you posted and thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, much appreciated.

#4 4 years ago

According to the schematic the 10 point relay fires on:
- any of the top three rollovers
- the #1 bumper relay (left or right bumper)
- carryover from the 1 point score reel

It doesn't look like there's any kind of adjustment so it sounds like getting a full house is pretty challenging.

#5 4 years ago

Looking at that section of posted schematic, it looks like switches on both the 10pt relay AND the Dealer relay would have to open in order to cut power to the 9's relay.

Not sure what fires or releases the Dealer relay but you may want to check the switches on it. If that switch (Y-O) is staying open then the 10pt relay alone would release the 9's

#6 4 years ago

Yes that normally closed switch on the player relay is dirty or out of adjustment.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Quoted from edednedy:

Looking at that section of posted schematic, it looks like switches on both the 10pt relay AND the Dealer relay would have to open in order to cut power to the 9's relay.
Not sure what fires or releases the Dealer relay but you may want to check the switches on it. If that switch (Y-O) is staying open then the 10pt relay alone would release the 9's

You can see the schematic IPDB. The Dealer relay is activated by the Outhole relay and released by the 10 Point relay. So MarkG is right.

#8 4 years ago

I have this machine. You do not lose your full house on 10 points.
The dealer relay only activates on the outhole, so the normally closed switch keeps the 9s activated. edednedy is correct.

Dave

#9 4 years ago

I have it working again. The problem did seem to be related to the dealer relay. I did not do any adjustment to any of the relay switches but I did manually press the relay back and forth a bit and it is now working. My guess is something was gummed up in there but I'll see how it behaves before I touch anything else. The dealer relay is right next to the two 9s relays and when I first opened it up this morning, you would see them reset each time you scored a 10 if the 9s were lit and now they don't move at all until a new ball goes through one of the three channels at the top. Thanks to everyone who jumped in and a special shout out to edednedy and David on the Facebook EM Group who both pointed me to the dealer relay and to dgAmpGuy who verified the proper function as he also owns the machine.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

I have this machine. You do not lose your full house on 10 points.
The dealer relay only activates on the outhole, so the normally closed switch keeps the 9s activated. edednedy is correct.
Dave

You're right, dgAmpGuy !!! I upvoted your post.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from edednedy:

Of course you're right. Both switches need to open to cut power to the 9s relays. Good catch.

I wondered why the 9s relays don't just reset when the Outhole relay fires and it looks like the Dealer's relay doesn't fire every time the ball drains so it seems that it's possible to carry over a pair of 9s between balls. The Dealer's relay has a pretty elaborate circuit involving the 10s score reel, the match unit and some operator adjustments. Can anyone elaborate on the rules for the Dealer's relay?

#12 4 years ago

The purpose of the dealer relay is to illuminate the dealers hand only when the current ball drains. There is no shooter lane switch, so they have to get fancy to turn off the relay. Since an of the 3 ways onto the playfield score 10 points, they put a normally closed switch on the 10 pt relay in series with the hold circuit. The 9s clear at the same time.

The dealer relay is energized via the outhole relay and the score motor. Then it holds via its own switch and the 10 pt relay NC switch.

I learned most of this the hard way while cleaning the various steppers and switches to make the wins work. I also chased my tail for most of an evening by forgetting to hit the 10 pt relay when simulating the next ball

Dave

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-house-issue?hl=studentprince and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.