(Topic ID: 79101)

FTGH: Custom TAF apron cards, 4 different sets, long gone, but....

By Miguel351

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TAFM351-D.jpg
TAF_CARDS.jpg
image-402.jpg
image.jpg
TAF_Apron_2.jpeg
TAF_Apron_1.jpeg
P1030395.JPG
image.jpg
image-768.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6984.jpg
#1 10 years ago

(In an effort to continue the Pay if Forward thread's mentality, but keep each item[or items posted by a single person] to it's own thread to thwart having to read through pages and pages just to see what's still available, I'm starting what I call a "Free to Good Home" thread. Whether or not it catches on, I don't care, I just want to give back to those who have given all of us so much.)

Free to good home:

I've got 4 different sets pictured below. There are minor differences between them all, study them and pick which ones you want. Just PM me your shipping info and I'll get them right out to you. Make sure you post here in the thread FIRST which set you want(A, B, C, or D) and that you sent me a PM.

IMG_6984.jpgIMG_6984.jpg

Forgot to mention that these are all printed on matte finish photo paper from a seriously high quality photo-proofing printer. It's just the picture that's out of focus, too.

#2 10 years ago

Would love a set of the "B" for my machine.

Sending a PM now.

And love the idea of the FTGH thread, thanks!

Phil

#3 10 years ago

I would like to get set A if possible.

Looks really nice. pm sent.

#4 10 years ago

Hi Miguel,

"C" would look very nice on my TAF.
You da man!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#5 10 years ago

Miguel..may I request "A" for Burningmans TAF?

Thanks man!
PM sent

#6 10 years ago

Would love a set of the "c" version if possible-
Pm sent

#7 10 years ago

Ah- I see you may only have "D" left- I'll take 'em!

#8 10 years ago

"C" would also look good on my TAF if it's possible....Thanks.

PM sent.

#9 10 years ago

Sent you a PM for "C". Not sure how many sets you had left but I figured it was worth checking.

Thanks!

Derek

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from WannaTheater:

Ah- I see you may only have "D" left- I'll take 'em!

ahhh...figured it out...timeflip got the A...

(I have never been described as being the brightest bulb in the circuit)

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

ahhh...figured it out...timeflip got the A...
(I have never been described as being the brightest bulb in the circuit)

I wasn't sure either -- I didn't know whether he had only one copy of each set or if he had more than one copy...

#12 10 years ago

Miguel did you get my emailed pics about my gold ones?

If you do get that chance to send me over the PDF on 2 pages so I print them

I shpowed someone today my tests prints and they thought it was factory! They look so good

#13 10 years ago

Always a day late and dollar short. I'd pitch in for a set of A or C

#14 10 years ago

Wow! A lot more people wanted these than I thought. I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks!

I guess my original post was poorly worded, or at the least, just misunderstood. So, what I'm going to do is to go ahead and honor the requests of those that wanted a set(they're all pretty much set "C" anyway). They're extremely cheap to ship out so don't worry about reimbursement, just find something in the near future to pass along to other Pinsiders, much like in the Pay it Forward threads of old.

I'm going to honor the requests of those who PM'd me and msg'd me in this thread. I haven't read them all yet, but if you posted here and PM'd me your mailing address, you'll be receiving a set of the cards you wanted. Feel free to post pics once you get them installed, too!

(I'm going to end this right here, though. I'm sure you all understand. )

#16 10 years ago

sending PM!

would love a set

edit > doh, just saw I missed out. No worries. Can I get the electronic files and I can print them myself?

#17 10 years ago

Let's not forget Mikes TAFG cards (that are in BETA stage right now lol)

Here is what they look like installed

image-768.jpgimage-768.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#18 10 years ago

Thanks again for the apron cards Mike. They look great in my TAF!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info
image.jpgimage.jpg

#19 10 years ago

Massive thanks Miguel!!!! rockin the new cards!

P1030395.JPGP1030395.JPG
#20 10 years ago

Just got mine today in the mail, the outer envelope was destroyed for the most part, so thanks for putting them between cardboard, they survived and look amazing. Now I just have to find time to put them in the machine.

A big thanks to Miguel for doing this!!

phil

#21 10 years ago

You're all very welcome! Thanks for posting the pics, too! (It's nice to see how they all look and match up color-wise, too. Everybody's TAF is, very slightly, different from use and abuse over the years.)

#22 10 years ago

Finally someone makes cards that actually match the visual style of a game. Nice.

#23 10 years ago

Mike, got mine in the mail today. They look great!

TAF_Apron_1.jpegTAF_Apron_1.jpeg

As you can see, they blow away what I had before:

TAF_Apron_2.jpegTAF_Apron_2.jpeg

Thanks so much for offering and sending these. My TAF looks so much better now!

Phil

#24 10 years ago

Received mine today as well and donated to Pinsideimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-402.jpgimage-402.jpg to pass it forward! Thanks again it the last mod I needed to finish off my TAF!!!

#26 10 years ago

Received mine- these look great. Thank you so much!

#27 10 years ago

received mine today and yes they look great !!
very good quality

TAF_CARDS.jpgTAF_CARDS.jpg

big thanks from germany and ) cool idea !!

#28 10 years ago

Miguel - If you have anymore, I'd love a set "C". Thank you.

#29 10 years ago

Miguel - I would as well.... They look awesome!!!! Would love a set...but, I totally understand if you have no more...

#30 10 years ago

Could you make the file available so we can make our own.that would be great

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Could you make the file available so we can make our own.that would be great

Due to it's popularity, I'll definitely put up set "C" in a nice quality JPG sometime tomorrow for anyone to download and print at their leisure.

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and for posting pics, too. They look great!

#32 10 years ago

Hey Mike, I've found some other custom apron cards here and at pinballrebel that I want to print for my other pins. What type of printer (inkjet or laser) did you use for these nice TAF cards and what type of paper?

Thanks,

Phil

#33 10 years ago

Well.....it's the proofing printer we have here at work, so it's not cheap. It's an Epson Stylus Pro 4800 and it uses 8 ink cartridges, each of which are about $75 each. The paper is Mitsubishi's Diamond Jet Photomatte Heavyweight paper, 10mil thickness.

I'm guessing, though, that with the right settings on a good inkjet with the right matte finish paper, you'd be able to get just as good results. If not, you can always take it down to Kinko's or someplace like that and have them print it on their mondo expensive printers. I've done that in the past with waterslide decals.

#34 10 years ago

As promised, here is set "C" for anyone else who'd like to print them out on their own. They are sized properly so make sure whatever program you're using is printing at 100%. If you use photo paper of any kind, make sure your printer "knows" that by selecting the proper paper type.

TAFM351-D.jpgTAFM351-D.jpg
#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Well.....it's the proofing printer we have here at work, so it's not cheap. It's an Epson Stylus Pro 4800 and it uses 8 ink cartridges, each of which are about $75 each. The paper is Mitsubishi's Diamond Jet Photomatte Heavyweight paper, 10mil thickness.
I'm guessing, though, that with the right settings on a good inkjet with the right matte finish paper, you'd be able to get just as good results. If not, you can always take it down to Kinko's or someplace like that and have them print it on their mondo expensive printers. I've done that in the past with waterslide decals.

Mike, thanks for the info. I have an HP 2840 Color Laserjet (separate black/cyan/magenta/yellow toner cartridges) at the office that I've tried printing on before, but I didn't use any type of glossy or photo paper, just thick plain paper, so they didn't come out too well. I'll try getting some photo paper design for laser vs. ink and see if that comes out better.

#36 10 years ago

That should produce a pretty good print. Like you say, it's just finding the right medium to put it on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 180.00
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ftgh-custom-taf-apron-cards-4-different-sets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.