Linked Games

Topic poll

“FT or RS if you could only own one which one?”

• RS 17 votes
    43%
  • FT 23 votes
    58%

(40 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crnucks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I just got FT, I am just starting to enjoy it, however RS maybe available for trade which is one of the games that was on my initial wish list...I'm torn cause I only had FT 3 days

#9 10 years ago

That is one of my concerns, is it to easy? (when your on), it is definitely a rhythm game and the more I play it the more I like it. Only had 3days , but I can see that I could get board. If it was three months from now I would trade based on others comments too.
I think I'm going to reword the question! Lol

If you owed them before and sold them, which one would you buy back?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

3days? can you really put in enough time in 3 days about any game? Especially if your new to pinball. Put some time in on FT first. Learn the rules. Really get to know it. Then when your putting up 300 million every game on 3 balls with medium tilt and middle outlane settings. Then go to shows and peoples houses to try out other things to prowl around on. You'll soon learn what games really grab you at that point.

I know that three days is nothing as far as owning or playing a pin, RS was a game I wanted but couldn't find in my price point at the time. FT wasn't even on my radar, I knew nothing about it and had never played before buying.if l both available at the time I bought,RS would have won, but now I own I'm loving it and the theme.
It sounds like it is a win/win with either one, I do t think I can go wrong.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

These two games have very different and distinct personalities of their own.
Personally, I own a RS and am never bored with it. From the building of the miles to modes to the the 3 flippers on the left hand side of the PF to the upside down standup target... this game has so much to do and master. Now you can play for multiball, modes, collect your items and get to the west coast ASAP. Oh yeah, you need to know the modes to get the most out of them AND the different items from the souvenir shop do for you for features and scores.
This game also has long shots to the ramps, spinner and the orbit. The feel of the game is very Lawlor and has quite a bit of stop and go to it.
FishTales is a simpler game that tasks the player with a risk-reward strategy that is among the best of its kind. Very CFTBL in that feel to it.
FT only has 2 longer shots at the orbits. All the other shots cut this table in half. Combine that with lightning flippers and you have one of the most challenging PF's out there. Miss a shot to the boat ramps and you can be in trouble FAST. There are fewer strategies and no modes in the game other than the SeaWolf video mode which is always entertaining.
The strange thing about both of these games is that I am not a fan of C&W or bluegrass music. I know that's just me, but I think that there are things that I love about each of these games and things that I could do without.
Play them both and go for the one that feels best.
Paddle faster, I hear banjos...

Thanks, very well explained!!! Detailed but straight to the point!!!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

add a Poll, I vote RS over FT personally
HOW BIG WAS IT

Great idea,I would have done this along time ago if I had have know I could!! Sorry still a newbie!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Gotta go with Fish Tales. The two heads on RS might creep kids out.

That could be a good thing, don't have any kids and it just might keep friends kids away. So sounds like a winner.

Again thanks everyone for your comments, has made me more confused what to do but at the same time I realize that there really is no looser in this debate! Both great pins!!
Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crnucks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-vs-rs-which-one-would-you-rec-for-newbie-to-pin-world?tu=crnucks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.