View topic image gallery

image-817.jpg
image-923.jpg
image.jpg
zombie walk.gif
image-201.jpg
image-975.jpg
image.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Hello all! It absolutely kills me to do this, but I am having to offer up my Walking Dead LE for trade. I really LOVE this game but unfortunately my wife and 2 little girls, not so much. My little girls are afraid of the machine because of the "scary guys" that are on it. So much so that they refuse to play in their playroom alone (their play room is next to my game room). So my wife has politely asked me to replace it with something else. In order to keep my family happy I am forced to offer up my favorite pin from Stern to date.

The game is in perfect condition with not a mark on it. It is 100% original with the only modification being done to fix the left ramp issues that all the LE's were plagued with. It plays fantastic now and only has about 125 plays on it. Was just recently updated with the latest code too. Game is located in Aurora, IL. I will sell out right but would prefer to trade so let's hear what you have!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-975.jpgimage-975.jpg

image-201.jpgimage-201.jpg

#2 9 years ago

pm sent

#3 9 years ago

boy, sorry to hear. this is exactly why i had to walk away from an order on this one. i have 6 and 4 year old daughters and they would never go downstairs if this game was in the basement. my only hope on this title would be to put in garage so i am sending you a pm. good luck.

#4 9 years ago

Just cover it with a blanket when your not playing it....

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Just cover it with a blanket when your not playing it....

Yeah, I tried that. They know its still there. I think they think something is going to jump out of it and kill them or something, I don't know. It's hopeless.

#6 9 years ago

I think there is a guy with a Tron.....

#7 9 years ago

^^^We've already talked. It's not going to work out.

#8 9 years ago

What are some titles you are interested in. Would you meet 1/2 way?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I'd love to have a STLE or a CV, but I am open to offers. Just let me know what you've got! You never know what may grab my attention.

#10 9 years ago

Gorgar & Freddy + Cash?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

You go, doc! I wanna play a Walking Dead LE...

#12 9 years ago
Lol, I assume this is a joke. Good one!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Lol, I assume this is a joke. Good one!

Yes, just trying to be the wise ass of the thread. Good luck!

#14 9 years ago

Aww man that sucks. The things we do for our kids right.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

Aww man that sucks. The things we do for our kids right.

For sure Matt!!

#16 9 years ago

My wife did the same thing to me at first with my SS. I told her it's staying and she needed to play it. It's still here.

#17 9 years ago

LMAO!!!!! Maybe you could through in the Freddie topper where he is actually crawling out of the machine.

#18 9 years ago

I wanted to buy a SST about four years ago, had a deal worked out and everything. My then wife nixed the deal due to the insects grossing her out. It happens...and it sucks.

#19 9 years ago

I see these threads and can't help but think how completely ridiculous they are. This is a pinball not a haunted house. This reminds me of the even more ridiculous threads the guy selling ACDC due to the barely legible DMD animations. It's a parent's job to teach his kids not to shield them from the world. Seriously. So ridiculous. I suppose your kids aren't allowed outside without a blindfold?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I see these threads and can't help but think how completely ridiculous they are. This is a pinball not a haunted house. It's a parent's job to teach his kids not to shield them from the world. Seriously. So ridiculous.

Thanks for your input! Are you interested in the machine or did you just come here to complain?

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I see these threads and can't help but think how completely ridiculous they are. This is a pinball not a haunted house. It's a parent's job to teach his kids not to shield them from the world. Seriously. So ridiculous.

I am guessing you have never had young children? I have sold many machines because my young children freaked out. the only logic to young children is that they aren't logical. Your not failing as a teacher if your child is afraid of something. You can talk and educate them all you want, but I am not going to have my child be afraid to go into the basement because of a box with some scary artwork on it.

Now if there were clowns down there, that is a different story..... Everyone should be afraid of clowns....

#22 9 years ago

It's not like he can control what his kids are afraid of. If my son was afraid of something in my house I would definitely remove it. It is good parenting to do so

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Thanks for your input! Are you interested in the machine or did you just come here to complain?

Lol I came here to complain.

And yes I have three kids. And it is silly. If it's really your favorite game then put another translite on it. I bet you could come up with something in an hour or so meshing images from Google together and get it printed at gameongraffix.com. Tell Ya what, I'm on route to the mountain but if the Internet is usable there I might even be willing to take a stab at it for you.

#24 9 years ago

Thus really not a bad idea. Make a translite that's based off the comic book.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

It's not like he can control what his kids are afraid of. If my son was afraid of something in my house I would definitely remove it. It is good parenting to do so

Disagree. What's in the house should not be dictated by the emotions of small children unless the item is actually harmful to them. Again this is where the parents duty is to educate. The child will see worse out in the world. In this case, removing the translite might help. The game really isn't meant to be scary and isn't.

#26 9 years ago

Good luck with the sale.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I see these threads and can't help but think how completely ridiculous they are. This is a pinball not a haunted house. This reminds me of the even more ridiculous threads the guy selling ACDC due to the barely legible DMD animations. It's a parent's job to teach his kids not to shield them from the world. Seriously. So ridiculous. I suppose your kids aren't allowed outside without a blindfold?

There IS the other parenting technique -> show the children as much violence, gore, sex and objectionable material as possible!!!! This way they will be very well adjusted, and not scared of anything. I've known quite a few kids raised this way!!! Aaaaahhhh memories - very interesting results too!!!

#28 9 years ago

It's about dead people that eat living people. Lol. Zombies are classified as horror. Meaning scary. To an adult it's not scary. Sure you can explain to them it's not real but children have things called an imagination that most lose as an adult

#29 9 years ago

here we go again, this thread has blown off the rails, lmao.

#30 9 years ago

Sorry. I'm in a bad mood today . Continue with the sale Dave.

#31 9 years ago

Or that is the reason he gave........he wants the pin out. And to have DR Spock tell people how to parent via this forum is as ridiculous. Game for trade or sale. Case closed. Whose is interested.

#32 9 years ago

er, Zombump

zombie walk.gifzombie walk.gif
#33 9 years ago

My girl's are 7 & 5 , they have came into my movie room when i was watch-n TWD on tv ,, they watch'd a bit then left ,, my oldest play'd TWD below 1 , I don't think it bothered her , she didn't say anything ,, near the end my 5 yr old walk's up ,, They R cool w/ it .. But I would Never Push Horror on a child ,, there's enough of that on TV and N everyday life .. GLWTS or Trade !!

#34 9 years ago

JFC, my daughter is scared to fucking death of Santa Claus no matter how much education we give her, and we're giving a guy a hard time about selling a TWD? Man.

#35 9 years ago

Dots that show zombies getting their heads shot off may or may not bother a child. Or an adult. I for one wouldn't let my kid play GTA. But the 7 year old across the street can (and does)

Too bad that the "hilarious" red-neck comedy hour approach of the pin can't offset the scary stuff for your family. Maybe a translite of the "get 'er done guy" would help?

GLWS.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Dots that show zombies getting their heads shot off may or may not bother a child. Or an adult. I for one wouldn't let my kid play GTA. But the 7 year old across the street can (and does)
Too bad that the "hilarious" red-neck comedy hour approach of the pin can't offset the scary stuff for your family. Maybe a translite of the "get 'er done guy" would help?
GLWS.

Wow. You just cannot relax on that. For the love of Pinside, go have some rum with a splash of eggnog added for color.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#37 9 years ago

For the record, my kids were raised on horror. My wife and I were too. It's fun if presented and discussed well with them, but def not for all families. I totally get the OP's situation.

My son is going for Air Force officer and so is my daughter. Very well adjusted young adults now.

If they pull a gun out in a clock tower, well, then I will have to reconsider my parental choices.

#38 9 years ago

I had the same worries with my girls when I bought a TWD PRO NIB.

My solution, I use the South Park bus driver's technique of stating loudly "If you go in that room a big scary monster will come out and eat you!"

Happy holidays-

#39 9 years ago

Ok, I appreciate everyone's input on parenting skills (especially the ones that agree with me ), but lets get this thread back on track!

I've had LOTS of trade interest in the game. Unfortunately the majority of the offers will require some sort of shipping which kind of kills the deal. Some though, even from out of state, are fairly enticing.

Ultimately I would like a local deal so that I don't have to worry about shipping, or a deal close enough to where we could meet up. As for titles that interest me my #1 choice would be to trade for a STLE. I would also be interested in CV, HUO Sopranos, AC/DC Luci or Premium, MET Premium, Etc. However, I am open to hearing anything you may have available.

Thanks guys!

#40 9 years ago

You're a good man Charlie Brown. Too many negative Nellies around here. Good luck with the trade. You will have your chance some other time. I have an STLE, but not ready to let it go.

Good guy bump!

#41 9 years ago

All I have to get rid of is a "restored" Devil's Dare, but I would assume that's out of the question (unless apparently you become a better parent).

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Ok, I appreciate everyone's input on parenting skills (especially the ones that agree with me ), but lets get this thread back on track!
I've had LOTS of trade interest in the game. Unfortunately the majority of the offers will require some sort of shipping which kind of kills the deal. Some though, even from out of state, are fairly enticing.
Ultimately I would like a local deal so that I don't have to worry about shipping, or a deal close enough to where we could meet up. As for titles that interest me my #1 choice would be to trade for a STLE. I would also be interested in CV, HUO Sopranos, AC/DC Luci or Premium, MET Premium, Etc. However, I am open to hearing anything you may have available.
Thanks guys!

Who says all Nellie's are negative!

Sorry OP. too much me, not enough you there.

Bump for great seller! TWD is a keeper. If Stern keeps going back to the safe route, a pin this graphic may not come back around for awhile; which...is...why you are selling.
image-923.jpgimage-923.jpg

#43 9 years ago

Let's get this good guy a Star Trek bump!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Disagree. What's in the house should not be dictated by the emotions of small children unless the item is actually harmful to them. Again this is where the parents duty is to educate. The child will see worse out in the world. In this case, removing the translite might help. The game really isn't meant to be scary and isn't.

You don't understand how the brain works in small children. They are not like adults where they can use logic to work out that their fears aren't real.

Once the amygdala ( fear centre ) is activated in children , whether the feared stimulus is imagined or real , the brain responds the same.

You can only educate to some degree as you can't go against the way the brain works.

So, remember you are coming from position of a logical adult, not an emotional child who's brain is still developing!

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's get this good guy a Star Trek bump!

Yes! Someone please trade me your STLE! Although I had a rocking game on TWD this morning. Man I am bummed to see this thing go!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You don't understand how the brain works in small children. They are not like adults where they can use logic to work out that their fears aren't real.
Once the amygdala ( fear centre ) is activated in children , whether the feared stimulus is imagined or real , the brain responds the same.
You can only educate to some degree as you can't go against the way the brain works.
So, remember you are coming from position of a logical adult, not an emotional child who's brain is still developing!

Anyways....

Seller is looking for a STLE trade for TWDLE! Anyone??image-817.jpgimage-817.jpg

#47 9 years ago

Just for the record....I'm afraid of Santa too...

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

JFC, my daughter is scared to fucking death of Santa Claus

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Shame on you! Maybe you have boys or no kids at all and cant relate!

I really wanted this pin as well, found one out in the wild, took my 6 yr. old girl out to play it and she walked after her first ball drained. Literally stood about 2 pins away from me while i finished out her game...Im with the op on this one, luckily i didn't buy it first but the same thing happened to me.

#49 9 years ago

Back on topic again, good trade for someone who has had their fill of STLE

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Wow. You just cannot relax on that. For the love of Pinside, go have some rum with a splash of eggnog added for color.

image.jpg 12 KB

Dude, it's like when the river caught fire in Cleveland. It was was 20 years ago and making fun of it will never not be fresh. The TWD Comedy Central pin is exactly the same thing. It's the gift that keeps on giving. A TWD...COMEDY pin! The fact that you can't see this explains a lot. You're too close to it. Back up and enjoy the magic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-twdle-for-your and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.