Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PurplePopTAF.jpg
rawleyd.gif
#1 11 years ago

removing listing while pin is getting mike chestnut treatment

Post edited by Erik : will relist when complete

#2 11 years ago

Good Luck, this TAF looks like rock' and roll.!

Seems like a lot of purple to me, though.

#3 11 years ago

whatchoo got against purple?

rawleyd.gifrawleyd.gif

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

AHHHHH my eyes are burning from Barney

#5 11 years ago

The goggles, they do nothing!!!!

#6 11 years ago

do you have a starting list of pins you are looking for?

#7 11 years ago

I WILL own one of these someday. Just cannot buy right now...daughter getting married Monday and she and my wife keep spending my pinball money. They have some nerve, eh?

Collin, PM ME when you tire of yours. Or, maybe I will bring this thread back to life in 18 months, 17 months after Erik sold/traded it!

#8 11 years ago

I just don't understand the "trade only" thing. Isn't this why we invented money? Person A has a TAF but only wants to trade. Person B wants a TAF but doesn't have any of the titles Person A wants. Person C has the title Person A wants, but does not want a TAF. Person D has money, but no one will sell him a game because they all want to "trade". Arggg...

Don't get me wrong. If you can work out a trade that works for you, that's great. But to say you will only trade can be frustrating. I recently decided I wanted an AFM. Rather than offering up two of my pins as trades for an AFM, I sold them, used that money and bought an AFM. Now the guy I bought the AFM from has the money to go buy what he wants.

#9 11 years ago

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

I just don't understand the "trade only" thing. Isn't this why we invented money? Person A has a TAF but only wants to trade. Person B wants a TAF but doesn't have any of the titles Person A wants. Person C has the title Person A wants, but does not want a TAF. Person D has money, but no one will sell him a game because they all want to "trade". Arggg...

There are quite a few problems if you sell outright. If you sell for $X, but you live in Tennessee (which I did), you might find there are no comparable games available for sale for $X. Instead, you have to have a game shipped to you, adding $200-500 to the transaction cost. If you wait for a trade, local or semi-local, you can coordinate transportation (perhaps meeting halfway) and not eat the shipping fee. Also, if you sell locally, your buyer inspects the game, plays it and makes you an offer (or pays full price) based on full information. If you sell your game locally and ship in a new one, you're relying on pics and, if lucky, video to ensure your future game works.

In short, transaction costs and information asymmetries are why people choose to trade.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

There are quite a few problems if you sell outright. If you sell for $X, but you live in Tennessee (which I did), you might find there are no comparable games available for sale for $X. Instead, you have to have a game shipped to you, adding $200-500 to the transaction cost. If you wait for a trade, local or semi-local, you can coordinate transportation (perhaps meeting halfway) and not eat the shipping fee. Also, if you sell locally, your buyer inspects the game, plays it and makes you an offer (or pays full price) based on full information. If you sell your game locally and ship in a new one, you're relying on pics and, if lucky, video to ensure your future game works.
In short, transaction costs and information asymmetries are why people choose to trade.

Everything you just said to justify trading only can be done with selling/buying. I have bought many non local games and made arrangements with the seller to either meet half way or hold the game until I could go get it myself or make other arrangements. As far as "relying on pics", you run the same risk doing an out of town trade. If your worried about selling your game and not being able to find a replacement, I just don't see that happening. I've never been unable to find a game I wanted. I may have had to wait for awhile, but I'd find it soon or later and then I had cash in hand.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Don't get me wrong. If you can work out a trade that works for you, that's great. But to say you will only trade can be frustrating. I recently decided I wanted an AFM. Rather than offering up two of my pins as trades for an AFM, I sold them, used that money and bought an AFM. Now the guy I bought the AFM from has the money to go buy what he wants.

Not to derail thread, but crazy talk.. I don't have cash to buy pins any more (I only got one small window to buy that was wife approved)... When I did have cash I purchased selectively with the sole goal of trading. If my wife caught wind that I sold for x thousand and had that in cash ...she would get mad that I don't pay something off or build a fence.

So to keep a pin in the house trade is the only way.

Also part of the fun in the hobby is trading IMO

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

do you have a starting list of pins you are looking for?

A starting list would be my pinside wishlist, but I'm not limited to those.

Good luck with the wedding T_G! I'm sure that will be a great relief when it's over

Appreciate the discussion Ed, AI, and Spud but right now I'm just looking for trades. If that changes I'll update the post

#14 11 years ago

5days ago I traded successfully a taf for tspp. Best of luck to the find!

#15 11 years ago

If I can avoid having a hole in the collection, I always will. I have flipped or traded probably
a dozen titles in the past year. When I had a particular machine that I wanted already located, I sold something to make room. But usually I am looking for a trade, so as to make it a one-step process, and avoid jumping into the pool with all the others looking to buy a machine when it pops up.

#16 11 years ago

Purple is where it's at!

PurplePopTAF.jpgPurplePopTAF.jpg

#17 11 years ago

The purple looks fantastic to me! super!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

The purple looks fantastic to me! super!

I like it too. I might do that to mine. It actually suits the game better than the multi-colored tops.

#19 11 years ago

pinster68, when you are ready to move your TAF, please let me know. I'm pretty close to you location wise and would love to own one some day. Love how the purple looks!

#20 11 years ago

Thanks guys. I figured the purple and black theme looks way more graveyard-appropriate than the rainbow theme.

Also changed the flippers to white with purple rubbers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-taf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.