FT price check

By Letthereberock

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

how much for a FT? i am going to have a look at it tomorrow. The ad says "Very Minor wear around couple of the fish inserts. Playfield needs a good waxing. Everything working including reel motor and optics AND fish topper working. Flippers are excellent."

#2 12 years ago

$1000-$1400 depending on the details of what you find when you go over the game. Check for broken plastcs.

#3 12 years ago

I guess there's a difference between minor and very minor. I paid more for mine because it was a minor restore. I don't fish, but as you know this game gets to you. It got to me, no regrets here. I just love FT.

#4 12 years ago

Not in Calgary, is it a sub 2K pin. He'll be paying 2.3-2.5K for a good example.

#5 12 years ago

$ 1500.00 and up if Not faded and lOOk-n Good !!

#6 12 years ago

You guys should bottle up, and send your cheap pins to the Great White North. You'd make a killing. We'll trade you beer!

#7 12 years ago

I just traded a WPT for nice FT if that gives you any idea on value. FT had fade on one side, but doesn't bother me. Playfield is a solid 8.5. Any FT for sale in the NW are usually 2,000+range

#8 12 years ago

I paid 1800 and happy to do so. Had about 100 in fix-ups, otherwise was great. So 2k for a good machine.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

You guys should bottle up, and send your cheap pins to the Great White North. You'd make a killing. We'll trade you beer!

No Deal

The only thing I have more of than pins is beers

Cheers all

#10 12 years ago

I sold mine for around $1800 with a unfaded cabinet, and little/no PF wear at the fish insert. It was a pretty game.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

We'll trade you beer!

black rose drinks coors and we have plenty stateside!

sounds like a $1250-1450 ish pin. $1000 is very optimistic, i think.

#12 12 years ago

Coors?

Isn't that some kind of bottled water?

Seriously though, there's some excellent micro breweries stateside. Dogfishhead (for one) makes some great beer.

#13 12 years ago

$1200-1500 for an average (faded) machine. $2k for a nice one.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Not in Calgary, is it a sub 2K pin. He'll be paying 2.3-2.5K for a good example.

You are right, all the pins around here seem to cost more, i dont think this guy will let it go for less then 2K.

#15 12 years ago

It seems FT is following the trends of the lower dollar Willams DMDs. A year ago TS, BSD, JM, JD, FT
were had in the $1000-1200 range in average\players condition. Fast Forward a year and that same game is $1500-$1800.

FT has a lot going on as far as cosmetics. This game seems to fade like no other and has insert issues greater than most. And of course the disappearing topper.

Here's what I think
$1100-$1300 -> no topper, some fade, some insert wear
$1400-$1500 -> Same as above but add one nice feature (add the topper or no PF wear or No fade)
$1600-$1900 -> Add 2 'nice' components
$1900-$2300 -> Nice play field, with topper, very minimal or no fade

#16 12 years ago

What should one look for on purchasing a FT? I know of wear spot by tackle box, faded cabinet, re-import models......anything else FT lovers.

#17 12 years ago

The reel can have issues with balls entering it, because of a worn out pulley, or issues with the optos in there, or alignment of them...

#18 12 years ago

Would that show up in test mode?

#19 12 years ago

Not likely. Have you played the game before? Do you know how the reel is supposed to work?

You could just start a game and start locking balls, and watch what it does. Make sure it accepts balls into the reel properly, and also fires them out properly..

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from Letthereberock:

Firebaall said:Not in Calgary, is it a sub 2K pin. He'll be paying 2.3-2.5K for a good example.
You are right, all the pins around here seem to cost more, i dont think this guy will let it go for less then 2K.

HA!! He backed out and then reposted they add for $2500, maybe he is reading this thread! )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 169.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.