Topic poll

“FT or JD?”

• Fish tales 40 votes
    63%
  • Judge Dredd 24 votes
    38%

(64 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180612_131937 (resized).jpg
20180520_122144 (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

I always like the gameplay of FT and fast brutal ball times(at least for me) but the theme doesn't really do anything for me.
I like JD cuz it's a wide body and I like the theme. Which game do you think has more staying power in a 3-4 pin collection?

#2 4 months ago

I personally like JD more and it's my favorite game I just love the artwork, toys, and theme. FT is also a good game but I don't think it would be good in a small collection because after a while you either try to get the super jackpot or just play monster fish over and over.

#3 4 months ago

I have JD in a current 3 game collection and it's great. I've played both FT and JD, but own JD. For me, there's just a lot going on and a lot to do in the JD and I never really get tired of it.
I think the music in JD is awesome, there are 4 flippers to use which is great and keeps things interesting, the ramps are well used, plus there's 2 separate habitrails and a subway from the center shot behind the JUDGE drop targets. I think the modes are diverse with clear understanding of what do do/hit, and with the MB you get to battle 4 different demon Lord's, which is cool. Not to mention there's the option of playing "super game" from the start, if you want. There's humor in both games, but JD is the winner for me.

#4 4 months ago

Have both great examples and playing very nicely. JD is a better looking and playing game. FT is repetitive but it's fast and frustrating.
Coincidentally I'm putting FT up for sale today but have no intention of selling JD. I'm sinking more money into it to get the color dmd. If someone updated the code it's be a top 25 game, maybe one day.
So JD all day it is fun for beginners and avid players alike.

20180520_122144 (resized).jpg20180612_131937 (resized).jpg
#5 4 months ago

JD offers more to do I guess, but I'm not a real fan of any of it to be honest. It IS wide...for what reason I've never really been able to tell.
FT is the better player for me.

#6 4 months ago

I'm leaning more towards fish tales. Only times I played these games were on pinball arcade on my phone but I do like to play fish tales more on the phone than JD

#7 4 months ago

Fish Tales for me. I never have really been able to get into Judge Dredd going back to when it was new. Jackpots in Fish Tales multiball are not real easy to get but I keep having fun trying to get them.

#8 4 months ago

This is a tough one but I gotta give the slight edge to Dredd.

#9 4 months ago

I’m a JD owner but always put quarters in FT on location. I give JD a slight edge because it’s got a ton going on and some very satisfying shots (loading the planet is always fun, various loop combos are great), and maybe a bit more to do longevity-wise for home ownership. Plus I love the theme, great art, sound and dots.

But they’re both great games and I’d be happy having either in my collection.

#10 4 months ago

I owned JD and FT. Since I loved the 200AD comic as a kid, couldn’t resist buying JD. As a fisherman, got a FT. Just sold JD as it wasn’t fun to play. FT is going nowhere. If I had to choose, FT every time, as it is fun to play and a lot lighter to move around than the wide body JD.

#11 4 months ago

I’ve owned both and prefer JD by quite a bit.

JD has so many shots and a cool guitar riff.
FT has a banjo.

#12 4 months ago

I have them both. Fish Tales is the better of the two IMHO.

#13 4 months ago

FT all the way for me too, JD is just a boring game to play, Looked cool, I wanted one for the longest time got one and couldnt wait to sell it.

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

I'm leaning more towards fish tales. Only times I played these games were on pinball arcade on my phone but I do like to play fish tales more on the phone than JD

As a JD owner (and someone who has played Fish Tales on location), Pinball Arcade makes JD the most boring table ever. It plays SO much better in real life. Pinball Arcade (especially the mobile versions) did not do JD justice at all (15 years for video pinball injustice!).

In saying that, pinball is pinball. I hope you enjoy your table

#15 4 months ago

I've owned JD in a 3 pin collection for a few years now. I don't play it much since I've gotten to the Ultimate Challenge quite a few times and when you get there, it's just blah. The journey to get there is pretty fun tho.

For me, the only reason I still have it is my wife and kids love it. It's their favorite game so it probably won't be leaving anytime soon.

#16 4 months ago

Definitely FT. To be honest, I have not played JD much. Probably a pretty good pin once you get into it but no big desire to play it. FT gets frustrating with brutal gameplay but always love playing it. One of those games that really define what made B/W 90's games great.

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Definitely FT. To be honest, I have not played JD much.

Definitely FT though!

#18 4 months ago

I use to own both. JD lasted much longer than FT.

#19 4 months ago

I have owned both, but I would lean to JD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 239.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 55.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
MONSTERFISH MODS
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside