Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by stretch2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-210.jpg
    bump..gif
    #1 9 years ago

Yup this is my creative side here.This is a great story .Try to think outside the box.
    After 22 years, we finally filled in our built in pool last summer because of the repair costs .
    We went out and bought an expensive Above Ground pool(Prox Retail price around $8k I think...it was part of a package deal with the Demolition and fill in of the built-in pool so I could be off a little on the price although definitely above $5k) that is :
    33' Long, 18' Wide , and 5' Deep. This is no Walmart pool here folks.High quality everything. So the ground never hardened up enough last year to install it .
    This year we see that we just don't have the room for it.
    So...It is sitting in Boxes at the Retail Pool store warehouse in Baltimore , Maryland.
    I am looking to trade it for a NIB Pinball machine that would be of interest to us here .I am willing to add some cash if necessary.
    Someone and their family could really be enjoying this next summer and for years to come.
    Most likely pickup in a good size truck or van would be the way to go here.Field Trip ?
    If someone out there in the Pinside universe is seriously interested in this trade, please pm me for more specifics.
    Thanks for reading my diatribe.....

#2 9 years ago

Apathy Bump.

#3 9 years ago

I could not think of another more appropriate bump...

bump..gifbump..gif
    #4 9 years ago

Very clever bump.

#5 9 years ago

Did you have room for it last year when you bought it?
    This ain't no Walmart pool.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Did you have room for it last year when you bought it?
    This ain't no Walmart pool.

Landscape changed around the fill site as settlement occurred.One foot here and there makes a difference on the edges needed as leveling areas.That's how it goes sometimes doncha' know....

#7 9 years ago

Having run a pool store last year, I have to ask, does that include a filter, ladder, skimmer and return, vacuum, chemicals?

#8 9 years ago

I dont know much about pool costs, but it was cheaper to demo your old pool and buy an $8k above ground pool than to just fix the old pool? What repairs were needed?

#9 9 years ago

I know those can cost a ton, under ground pipes, cracks in the pool itself, can easily run over 10K, a new install can go up to 50K.. I am still curious if that 8K pool is the entire package with filter, ladder, etc.. 8K for an above ground pool that size is pretty high based on what I was selling when I worked for a pool store.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

Having run a pool store last year, I have to ask, does that include a filter, ladder, skimmer and return, vacuum, chemicals?

The pool frame,liner, $1000 pump and filter(which includes a return that you should know of course having run a pool store), and ladder.Yep, all $8K worth.This is high end stuff.Sounds like you may not have sold the really good stuff where you worked.There are really big differences in pools and prices as you should also know.
    You can buy your own skimmer, vacuum, and chemicals for a couple hundred bucks. Sound fair?

And yeah the repairs on the built in included far more than $12k and was costing more than $1k a yr in repairs the last few years.Above ground pools cost far less in repairs and operating costs.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

but it was cheaper to demo your old pool and buy an $8k above ground pool than to just fix the old pool

Yes.

#12 9 years ago

And , as I stated before, I am more than ok giving the Name and telephone # for the pool store to a serious trade person to verify that the product exists and what costs are.

#13 9 years ago

image-210.jpgimage-210.jpg

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

The pool frame,liner, $1000 pump and filter(which includes a return that you should know of course having run a pool store), and ladder.Yep, all $8K worth.This is high end stuff.Sounds like you may not have sold the really good stuff where you worked.There are really big differences in pools and prices as you should also know.
    You can buy your own skimmer, vacuum, and chemicals for a couple hundred bucks. Sound fair?
    And yeah the repairs on the built in included far more than $12k and was costing more than $1k a yr in repairs the last few years.Above ground pools cost far less in repairs and operating costs.

You did not mention that in the first post.. I was asking so that you could point that out to people, that you are offering a complete package.. that makes a difference..

Is the pool galvanized steel? Or something else?

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

You did not mention that in the first post.. I was asking so that you could point that out to people, that you are offering a complete package.. that makes a difference..
    Is the pool galvanized steel? Or something else?

I know that this is one of the only Above Ground Pool Frames that will support the weight of an adult if that person were to sit on the top edge of the frame.That type of activity is not encouraged, of course, due to safety concerns.I know that the frame is also not supposed to rust.Specifically I would have to call the store I purchased it from.I already have a call in to them on a message about another question that I had.
    That Pool store designs , sells, and installs $50,000+ built-in pools quite frequently.

#16 9 years ago

I do not believe anyone makes Aluminum pools anymore, those were pools that would last 30 plus years, I think they stopped making them because they lasted forever, the big difference is what they treat the wall with, what always happens is around the skimmer and return you get a small leak, and that area is always the area that goes.. you really want a GOOD installer, and any additional seals they sell for those 2 areas!

Everyone goes on the walls... and you are NOT supposed to.. but when I was a kid and had one, I did that more than using the ladder... what kid did not do that?

#17 9 years ago

Btw, I am only looking for a Stern Pro NIB of a title that we don't have. I would never expect to get Retail Value for this trade.

#18 9 years ago

OK guess that I will cancel this trade offer due to Extreme lack of interest.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-nibs-8k-above-ground-pool-for-nib-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.