Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by akm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Will be re-listing in a few weeks with the rest of the games in my collection.

#2 9 years ago

Gone..

#3 9 years ago

Rolling Stones is gone.

#4 9 years ago

Wow thats a lot of Pictures! GLWS!

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Wow thats a lot of Pictures! GLWS!

Thanks!

#6 9 years ago

May as well bump this. Just received notification that my parts for RBION shipped today, so I should have it up and running by the end of the week. Ordered a replacement opto board as well (didn't realize they were so cheap, only $15). Hopefully that corrects the idol problem. Will have new pics and a video of it afterwards.

#7 9 years ago

RBION is up and running with new flipper parts (coils, plunger links, springs, coil stops). Added photos to the RBION post above.

#8 9 years ago

Nice game...GLWS.

#9 9 years ago

Nice details and pics. GLWS

#10 9 years ago

The idol insert should be red or have a red filter in it, not sure which. Yours is clear, don't know why, this May or May not be part of your idol problem.

#11 9 years ago

Rolling stones is a super fun game that you don't see too often. GLWS.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Rolling Stones is a super fun game that you don't see too often. GLWS.

I agree. Of all the games I've played, it's one of my favorites. It was also my first machine. Unfortunately, financial obligations call.

Quoted from yfz450:

The idol insert should be red or have a red filter in it, not sure which. Yours is clear, don't know why, this May or May not be part of your idol problem.

The red you are thinking of is the lower opto you see through the window. It is clear because I have the opto disconnected. I haven't been able to figure out the issue, but it may be tied to the lower pop bumper (this lights the the idol shot). Or possibly the stand up tombstone target next to the idol, but I don't know, both work normally on their own.

To those curious about the idol, I have replaced the opto board. Problem still persists. It's odd because the "switch" tests fine in settings (i.e., cutting/breaking the opto beam with my hand). The idol magnet still works, so you will not need to replace a magnet (those can be pricey).

#13 9 years ago

*edit, removed video, see end of thread for new/updated one

#14 9 years ago

If you don't end up selling rolling stones, I highly recommend installing a shaker motor. It really enhances the gameplay!!

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

If you don't end up selling Rolling Stones, I highly recommend installing a shaker motor. It really enhances the gameplay!!

I would totally consider it, but I live in a 2nd floor apartment. I don't think the neighbors would appreciate it much, haha!

Post edited by akm: edit for spelling

#16 9 years ago

I have a RS LE, fun pin GLWS.

#17 9 years ago

Dropped RBION a bit.

#19 9 years ago

Hate to be THAT guy but a $2,700 RBION that's been routed with some mechanical problems is likely going to be a hard sell.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Hate to be THAT guy but a $2,700 RBION that's been routed with some mechanical problems is likely going to be a hard sell.

To each their own. I personally think the price is justified. It's a machine that doesn't pop up for sale every day, the idol issue seems to be common, and a pop that needs to be rebuilt isn't exactly the end of the world.

On a side note, it's $2600 without the LED OCD hardware. Still need to update the second post. Might be willing to go $2500, but I am not in a rush to get rid of it.

#21 9 years ago

Lowered the price a bit on RBION ($2500 without the LED OCD board and playfield insert LEDs). About as low as I will go on it.

Have had some interest, but mostly for trades I'm not too interested in (Data East and Gottlieb DMD games, mainly).

I forgot to add to the post that it has the scoop light mod in it. However, I need to get a new z-connector to rewire it properly. The light is there in the scoop, so it's half done, haha.

Rolling Stones marked down to $3,300 without *certain* mods. The playfield insert LEDs aren't blinding like they are in my RBION, so I will leave them in if you take the machine for $3K and I keep the LED OCD board. The side rails will also still be included.

I can replace the cracked Mick Jagger target with the new replacement I have. However, I will only do this if I have a guaranteed buyer/trader. Don't want to put it on now because with my luck the replacement will crack in two before I find a buyer.

#24 9 years ago

If the replacement Mick you have is the new one, it comes with a metal backing plate so it'll never crack again. The flaw in the original design was Mick was just a thin piece of plastic. Mick was broken on mine when I got it and I just replaced it with the updated one and have probably played 300ish games on it with zero problems. It takes about 5 mins to install the new one.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

If the replacement Mick you have is the new one, it comes with a metal backing plate so it'll never crack again. The flaw in the original design was Mick was just a thin piece of plastic. Mick was broken on mine when I got it and I just replaced it with the updated one and have probably played 300ish games on it with zero problems. It takes about 5 mins to install the new one.

Yep, the current one has the bracket on it already. When they had it on route they glued the original plastic back together and attached it to the bracket as opposed to using the lone replacement plastic.

#26 9 years ago

I'd also be open to getting creative and doing 2 for 1 deals for a newer game. Say, a Mustang, ST Pro, Met Pro, Avengers LE (they seem to be going down in price), Transformers LE, etc., plus the difference for my two games. I'd rather not go from five games to four, but it's an option I'm willing to take.

#27 9 years ago

bump for a good guy.

#28 9 years ago

Bump.

*EDIT: Lowering price on RBION to $2500 WITH the LED OCD board (this is $130 on its own).

*EDIT (again): Marking the Rolling Stones to $3,300 and removing the $3,000 "no mods" price. The only interest I have had is with the mods and I don't really feel like taking the add-ons out of the game.

*EDIT (for the third time): I am looking to have someone over tomorrow to potentially fix the pop bumper on RBION. I am going to spend some time today troubleshooting the Idol. If these things are fixed, the price is going back up, so.. get it while it's still cheap.

#29 9 years ago

edit.. gone

#30 9 years ago

Let me guess. The bad pop is the top right one, right? I'm shopping an RBION right now with over 24,000 games on it and that is the only pop that was really beat(metal yolk broken and skirt all chewed up). All the other pops were in good shape. BTW, those are two fine playing games you are selling. I really like them both! GLWTS!

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Let me guess. The bad pop is the top right one, right? I'm shopping an RBION right now with over 24,000 games on it and that is the only pop that was really beat(metal yolk broken and skirt all chewed up).

Close! It's the bottom-center one of the top set of pops. Considering the head pops the ball into this area after most hits (and sometimes a post comes up and diverts the ball to these pops after upper loops are hit), I can understand that these things can get such a beating.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

BTW, those are two fine playing games you are selling. I really like them both! GLWTS!

I agree, they are great playing games and some of my favorites (that sometimes don't get the appreciation they deserve, hehe). I wouldn't be selling them if I didn't need money.

#32 9 years ago

Good news bud glad you have it figured out .Should sell pretty quickly now

#33 9 years ago

Pop bumper fixed on RBION which makes the game fully functional again with no major issues. Bumped up again, back to considering a deduction for taking the LED OCD board out.

If it doesn't go in the next few days, I'll be taking new photos of it at the end of the week.

*edit: I also meant to add that I found the missing instruction card for RBION yesterday. So, despite it not showing in the current photos, it is there.

#34 9 years ago

Cant believe Ripleys hasn't sold I had a ton of interest and mine was few hundred more and its gone now

#35 9 years ago

TRS might be spoken for, but RBION is still available.

#36 9 years ago

Ripley's is strictly cash + trade only now. I have three weeks until my tourney and that may not be enough time to get another game in its place if I sell it outright. I will also likely be dropping the price by $200 and taking the LED OCD board out as well as the playfield insert LEDs. I am doing a cash + trade deal with the Rolling Stones for another modern Stern, and I can use the LED OCD board in that. Get it now with the awesome LED OCD board in it before I take it out..

#37 9 years ago

Rolling Stones was picked up yesterday, so it is gone.

Last bump for RBION until after my tournament in the first week of October. If it's still here after then, I'll take new photos.

#38 9 years ago

Sorry, I lied. I have another newer Stern in place of the Rolling Stones, so I decided I am going to take the LEDs out of RBION and put them in the other game I received. That includes the LED OCD board. I haven't done that yet, so until I do (a few days at the most, likely), RBION is $2900. Once I put it back stock with incandescent bulbs, the price will be $2700.

Should also mention the scoop light is now installed. I am also including the drink holder and leg protectors as well. Figured that since I probably won't have any machines in a couple of months, I may as well include the extras with it.

#39 9 years ago

RBION is a good game and this looks to be a good price in my opinion. Best of luck!

#40 9 years ago

Fun game. So, are you still trading or no?

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Fun game. So, are you still trading or no?

Not anymore, sorry. I am going to have to sell all of my games come a couple months from now, and so I figure I shouldn't bother with trades. No point in lugging machines up and down my stairs, only to have to do it again in a couple of months, if you know what I mean.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from akm:

Not anymore, sorry. I am going to have to sell all of my games come a couple months from now, and so I figure I shouldn't bother with trades. No point in lugging machines up and down my stairs, only to have to do it again in a couple of months, if you know what I mean.

You getting out for awhile?

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

You getting out for awhile?

Livng situation changes coming soon and I need to pay off my debt before that happens.

#44 9 years ago

O ok yea somtimes that happens , well hope everything works out and you can keep some of your pins especially because your a dang good player and gotta keep your skills on point . Pm me with what and when your selling

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

O ok yea somtimes that happens , well hope everything works out and you can keep some of your pins especially because your a dang good player and gotta keep your skills on point . Pm me with what and when your selling

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words. I'll likely be starting a new thread with each of the pins in the first week of October, so I'll shoot a message your way letting you know when I do that.

#46 9 years ago

Ok thax pm me with what u have now just so I know thax

#47 9 years ago

I know how it can be when you need to sell your toys to pay off that debt. Did it with my Star Trek.

I LOVE RBION, but VA is a bit out of my reach. $2500-2600 is a fair price for one, too. GLWS!

#48 9 years ago

I have officially taken all of the LEDs out of the game, along with the LED OCD board, and put those in the 24 I just received. That said, RBION is $2700 now.

#50 9 years ago

So what made the price go from $2500 to $2700?

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-my-rbion-for-your-cheaper-game-cash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.