file-8.jpg
file-7.jpg
file-6.jpg
file-5.jpg
file-4.jpg
file-3.jpg
file-2.jpg
file-1.jpg

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

If you do 7500$ and are willing to ship it i can try and convince the old lady

I'll go $7500 and pay for the shipping...PM me if you're interested.

#52 10 years ago

Can't go that low, sorry fellas. I need to get out what I have into it or my wife will have my nuts.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Can't go that low, sorry fellas. I need to get out what I have into it or my wife will have my nuts.

Then how about replying to my message?!? Or one of the several others from the past few weeks that have gone completely unanswered. I don't know what the problem is Brock, but I'm getting REALLY tired of sending messages with no reply.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Then how about replying to my message?!? Or one of the several others from the past few weeks that have gone completely unanswered. I don't know what the problem is Brock, but I'm getting REALLY tired of sending messages with no reply.

OH! Damn, sorry Rob .. PM sent!

#55 10 years ago

This might have a Happy Ending....

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This might have a Happy Ending....

Hey now... I don't provide THAT service for my sales.

#57 10 years ago

LOL, no worries. PM received. I guess I'm one of the few folks that mostly rely on email as communication these days. My frustration level with those that can't return emails is through the roof, and honestly I'm cutting ties with those that can't. Just don't have the time and patience to keep after folks time and time again.

As for your BSM, we'll talk (or type as the case may be).

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#58 10 years ago

What was the going price for a BSM when it was first released?

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

just under 5k if I remember correctly

#60 10 years ago

Think it was $4.8k and slightly rose to $5.5k for a one year period until version 2.0 of software was released. Interest in both regulars and LE's greatly picked up. Then it jumped to $7.0k level and regulars SM's were still available and small batches of SM were still running. By the time last of SM's were released by Stern and everyone was out of inventory, BSM was at $8k to $9k level. Briefly saw some listed for $10k and then market dried up. Most sellers had sold and buyers had located one. Few more titles had hit the street and hype was gone. This would make for a good case study in business school.

Now that it has settled in and established a reputation for being a solid pin, $8.5k for BSM seems to be a fair deal for seller and buyer.

#61 10 years ago

I think this is a solid price for this title.

GLWS

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Quoted from smassa:

just under 5k if I remember correctly

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Think it was like $4.8k and lingerered around $5.5k for over a year until version 2.0 of software was released. Then it jumped to $7.0k level and regulars SM's were still available and small batches run. By the time last of regulars were released and everyone was out of inventory, BSM was $8k to $9k. Briefly saw some listed for $10k and then market kind of dried up. Most sellers had sold and buyers had found one. It would make for a good case study in business school.

Thanks!

#63 10 years ago

Think it was $4.8k and slightly rose to $5.5k for a one year period until version 2.0 of software was released. Interest in both regulars and LE's greatly picked up. Then it jumped to $7.0k level and regulars SM's were still available and small batches of SM were still running. By the time last of SM's were released by Stern and everyone was out of inventory, BSM was at $8k to $9k level. Briefly saw some listed for $10k and then market dried up. Most sellers had sold and buyers had located one. Few more titles had hit the street and hype was gone. This would make for a good case study in business school.
Now that it has settled in and established a reputation for being a solid pin, $8.5k for BSM seems to be a fair deal for seller and buyer.

This is a good post and the rise, stabilization, rise, peak, slight fall, and new possible stabilization would make an interesting case study. Shame there isn't more data available on the sales history of these machines. Also, a lot of people put crazy mods on SM, so that somewhat scews the results of prior sales anyway . . . many people pay more for those expensive mods.

Anywho, I think the seller's price is fair, as I said earlier, but perhaps the fire for this title has migrated to other Sterns . . . or perhaps it simply is the slow days of summer. OP should consider holding off on the sale for a few months and relisting or broadening his net and putting it up on EBay.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

LOL, no worries. PM received. I guess I'm one of the few folks that mostly rely on email as communication these days. My frustration level with those that can't return emails is through the roof, and honestly I'm cutting ties with those that can't. Just don't have the time and patience to keep after folks time and time again.
As for your BSM, we'll talk (or type as the case may be).

Rob: Yeah my problem is I have a nasty habit of checking my email "on the road" and then totally forgetting to reply to them. <facepalm>

As for BSM, it's a tough sell because unlike the current Pro vs. LE model, the black version is essentially the same as the red version. So it's a niche market in an already niche market.

That said, my price is what I have in to it so I can't go much lower or I'll piss off the wife.

#65 10 years ago

Yeah right......the wife. Lol

#66 10 years ago

PM sent.

Mike

#67 10 years ago

I want this if you are willing to ship

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from PB-Guy:

I want this if you are willing to ship

How hard is it to ship a Canadian machine into the US anyway?

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How hard is it to ship a Canadian machine into the US anyway?

I think that is the big question holding a lot of potential buyers back, what type of import costs do we have to pay?

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

I think that is the big question holding a lot of potential buyers back, what type of import costs do we have to pay?

Of equal note to cost, what sort of condition would the machine arrive in? Is there a chance a US customs agent would disassemble it? (They like to do that from time to time.)

Both those issues in mind (cost / condition upon arrival with extra shipping hassle) I remember multiple threads where people have brought games into the US from Canada and vice versa; so people on this site know . . . they just must not be looking in this thread.

#71 10 years ago

I am pretty sure it is not going to work out / be practical to ship from Canada. I think he will need to bring it to the U.S. side to ship. I am not sure if that is something you are willing to go to the extra effort for. Maybe one of the local dealers over the border would be willing to help? Man I so want this pin!

#72 10 years ago

Hell..I'd drive to Canada and pick it up if he'd being willing to take $7500 for it...and I live in Texas!

#73 10 years ago

No need to drive into Canada,

OP is willing to bring the pin into the U.S.A near the border, For a $20 flat fee he should just drop the pin off to a KINEK point warehouse and then buyer sends NAVL to pick it up. No duties, no taxes, no custom brokers, that simple!

Check it out KINEK.COM.

#75 10 years ago

Now willing to ship.

I will wrap and strap it to a skid and drop it off at any depot in the Toronto area. After that, you're on your own.

#76 10 years ago

If an American drives to pick it up they pay $0 in customs / import fees.
Made in USA!

#79 10 years ago

Did you contact Kinek? Seems like a cheap way to bring it over the border and it might alleviate concerns that a potential US cutomer might have. For one thing it removes some uncertainty. Secondly it results in shipping quotes more in line with US expectations. I don't know how EU market feels about importing from Canada.

#80 10 years ago

Just so happened that when I bought JimJim66's Black Spiderman we used Kinek. It worked like a charm... pin traveled from California to Messina Ny, got my email alert of its arrival, picked it up, cleared Canadian customs and drove it home! ... doesn't get easier nor cheaper then that.

-Mauro

#81 10 years ago

I'm really curious where this machine is going to end up (final price, which country, how its going to get there, everything). SM is such an awesome game on its own and this was really first LE model of anything Stern ever did. This game was selling quick and approaching 10k not long ago.

#82 10 years ago

I would have liked to have it myself,but I have a nicely modded Red SM.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This game was selling quick and approaching 10k not long ago.

mods,mods,mods

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm really curious where this machine is going to end up (final price, which country, how its going to get there, everything). SM is such an awesome game on its own and this was really first LE model of anything Stern ever did. This game was selling quick and approaching 10k not long ago.

Except for Elvis gold came before BSM

#85 10 years ago

This is true and has to be why the game is still here.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is true and has to be why the game is still here.

huh? What mods? Mods are subjective and can be easily added and quite a few people prefer to add them themselves as they get a kick out of it. There is another that hates mods so adding them may even limit sales.

My guess is the location, throw in time of year.. and just need to find that person that needs a BSM.

#87 10 years ago

My guess is that everyone already blew their load on WOZ, MET, Hobbit, Star Trek...

#88 10 years ago

I'm very interested to see how this works out. Maybe it's no lo get as sought after maybe it's the border or maybe it's just that everyone is broke after Metallica woz and st

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

My guess is the location, throw in time of year.. and just need to find that person that needs a BSM.

There are a bunch of games sitting longer on the market than anyone would expect right now.

Even Clay had a big sale this weekend with A+ titles like AFM, TAF and TOM, that did not instantly sell like they would have 6 months ago.

Quoted from movingpictures:

My guess is that everyone already blew their load on WOZ, MET, Hobbit, Star Trek...

I hate to think it out loud, but I think you are right on this.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I think there is a lot of truth to this. People have either already spent the money, or are holding back in anticipation of new stuff coming out. We may very well be looking at the first significant pull back in a long time. Perhaps the market has finally reached its saturation point.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There are a bunch of games sitting longer on the market than anyone would expect right now.
Even Clay had a big sale this weekend with A+ titles like AFM, TAF and TOM, that did not instantly sell like they would have 6 months ago.

I hate to think it out loud, but I think you are right on this.

Agreed. A new waive of new collectors needs to come in if pinflation is to continue . . . otherwise, the summer time slow down (which is way bigger this summer than last summer) will continue into the fall in my view . . . and just think if Star Trek is the monster it is expected to be, the used market may just simply freeze up.

#92 10 years ago

Hear that Brock?
Bring on the FIRE SALE!

BSM $4500 OBO

#93 10 years ago

No fire sale here, I'll just sell something else.

I'll try Kineck tonight

#94 10 years ago

Brock, drop me a PM.

Mike

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Except for Elvis gold came before BSM

And Platinum Monopoly came before those.

#97 10 years ago

And Platinum Monopoly came before those.

They did a Platinum Monopoly? I have zero recollection of that at all.

#98 10 years ago

Bought it NIB when it came out in 2007. Paid $4495 shipped. Sold it a couple years later for $6500.

Great pin. Good luck with the sale.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They did a Platinum Monopoly? I have zero recollection of that at all.

Jack convinced Stern to do a small run - maybe 100 units. Think this was after full run was complete and maybe there were parts left over. Believe he got to sell most of them but they came from factory that way. Collector's edition began.

Jack also convinced Stern to run LOTRLE, only to find out he would only get about 25 percent to sell instead of all of them. Must have pissed him off, I know it would have been the final nail for me.

#100 10 years ago

Yea, I knew about the LOTRLE fiasco with Jack . . . had no idea about the Monopoly though. It had a mirrored backglass and the other goodies that the early LE's had?

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-mint-black-spiderman-bsm/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.