derailed.jpg
th-449.jpeg
DumpTruck.jpg
DSC00539.JPG
DSC00538.JPG
DSC00536.JPG
DSC00537.JPG
DSC00534.JPG
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

BTW, thanks for the comments. I thought I kept it professional and I did not get into any name calling with him.
I had noticed his handle from the Hooked thread waiting on the IM pop caps. I looked further into it and as I suspected, he owns an IM. Not sure what would cause a current IM owner to come into a FT thread with an IM and cause trouble. I've been on the internet a long time. A really long time. (Before the WWW, and NNTP, there was Gopher....that's how long I've been on)
It is an interesting anthropological phenomenon, where people will treat others online in a manner in which they would never dare do in person. I am no saint as I've been dragged into online arguments in the past. (Maybe 3 big ones on RGP). But I try to be respectful of others to the best of my ability.

No worries buddy. It seemed to me like you were taking some undeserved abuse, so I opted to chime in. The part where he labeled your game as "routed" after you neglected his question was particularly amusing. Sincerely, good luck with the trade.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

The fact that someone w/ an ac/dc hasen't traded there 1 of umpteen million games for this I'm w/ an 1100 production run game is silly to me.

Quantity made has nothing to do with value or desire in the pinball world. Value of the game is based upon how fun it is and how well it performs. Since you actually play the items you collect in this hobby, it breaks the barriers you usually have with collector markets. Such as rarity and older is usually more valuable, in most markets...in pinball it's almost the opposite.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I thought I kept it professional and I did not get into any name calling with him.

You may want to reread the thread, especially your posts and see who did the name calling.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No worries buddy. It seemed to me like you were taking some undeserved abuse, so I opted to chime in. The part where he labeled your game as "routed" after you neglected his question was particularly amusing. Sincerely, good luck with the trade.

How's that amusing to you? How else would you label it if asking directly and was dodged? Do you think a true HUO machine will not labeled as such, especially when asked here on Pinside? Now that's amusing.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

You may want to reread the thread, especially your posts and see who did the name calling.

Ok, I held off on going "there".There can be no more of a perfect textbook definition of a troll. You own an IM. What are you doing here?
You came onto a FT thread which clearly stated that I wanted a local trade deal. You are in CA (and I am in Maryland) In addition, I thought I had seen you post in other IM threads. So I was pretty certain that you had an IM. . Since a deal was not to be had with you, and I was suspicious as to why a current IM owner at the other end of the country would inquire about my IM. I didn't take the bait, but apparently that was not enough for you to let it be. You chimed in with a comment that I'd expect from my six year old. (Scratch that, make it my 3 year old).
Your exact words:

Since you are silence (sic) on my question, I take it as this pin was formerly routed.

Seriously? Because I didn't respond to you? You, who already owns an IM? Then you go on to bash me about how I posted it and that had I done a better job I would have sold it by now. Let me explain once more. I.....don't....care.... This pin is still fun and my daughter loves it. If I trade it, I trade it. If not, oh well.

Go troll elsewhere.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

How's that amusing to you? How else would you label it if asking directly and was dodged? Do you think a true HUO machine will not labeled as such when asked, here on Pinside? Now that's amusing.

It's amusing because:

1) You were trolling. You own an IM.
2) When you didn't get your way, (an answer) you responded like a petulant child.

If you were seriously interested, you'd have PM'ed me.

You just wanted some attention in a public forum. Seriously? Do you not see this?

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

It's amusing because:
1) You were trolling. You own an IM.
2) When you didn't get your way, (an answer) you responded like a petulant child.
If you were seriously interested, you'd have PM'ed me.
You just wanted some attention in a public forum. Seriously? Do you not see this?

It's amusing to me because:

1) after 5 months, one of the hottest games currently still available.
2) you spent more time arguing and name calling (which you claimed you didn't) instead of posting better description and detailed pics.
3) I was slightly interested to buy it outright but no longer due to your attitude and it's probably covered with dirt and grime as a form of protectant.

#108 10 years ago

dinot ,, I have a NIB AC/DC Prem- if yr interested N Trading your IM for it ,, Send me a PM or call me

You have my cell # .. Or anyone else interested ,, I'm Not plan-n on opening the Box

ACDC Prem NIB 022.JPGACDC Prem NIB 022.JPG
ACDC Prem NIB 023.JPGACDC Prem NIB 023.JPG

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

It's amusing to me because:
2) you spent more time arguing and name calling (which you claimed you didn't) instead of posting better description and detailed pics.
3) I was slightly interested to buy it outright but no longer due to your attitude and it's probably covered with dirt and grime as a form of protectant.

Just to preface this post.....I will indeed be calling you names this time....And this post is verbose even by my standards. Skip to the second to last paragraph for my favorite part.

#3 is just a priceless response. Remember when I called you a petulant child earlier? Hello? Thanks for this example. I am sure you've convinced everyone that

I could have sold this game 10 times over by now. I don't want to sell it. Why can you not comprehend this unimaginably simple statement is beyond me.
As to your numbered points:

1) Why do you care? I don't. I've turned down 3 AC/DC trade offers. I am still stewing over a few. In addition, I've got 3 ST LE trade offers, but I am not certain I want to add cash into a hobby which is 3rd on my hobby priority list right now. A/V (those that know me, know this), and my car are my top 2 hobby priorities. In addition I'd rather toss money into some things I need at my beach house. So pinball right now is at the bottom of the list. You mention that it is one of the hottest games now. EXACTLY my point. I will not trade this for an AC/DC with little to no mods. I don't want to deal with cash exchanging hands, so I've not found a good trade. Why do you care. I will say this again. I don't care.

2) Why can you not get this through your head. I am NOT posting 400MB of pictures onto a thread. I don't know how to better spell that out for you. My pictures are very high resolution. I shoot them with a 16MP DSLR in RAW format. I convert them to jpg (using Photoshop CE) with as little compression as possible. I am not going to put that burden on pinside. That would be a D-Bag move to stick 400MB on pinside's servers. Storage is not free. You want pics, you PM me and you'll get as many as you want. I send out a few and if you need more, ask and I will send them or take them if I don't have a particular angle.
2a) The only ones that argued with me were you and Rob. (You two seem to know each other as I was looking over your posts to see if there was something special about me.....see below)

3) Well then please go away troll. You must be correct. I probably lied. The game does not have less than 400 plays as I stated. Nor does it have an immaculate playfield as I stated or as the clear as day pictures show to those that PM'ed me. It has 16,000 plays and it was indeed covered with dirt and grime. (Will that make you go away?) You and the other guy who was claiming to be the expert on PF restores can call each other up and talk about how I don't know anything about pinball. How even though you two have never performed serious work on a pinball machine can claim to know more than I (who has performed more than 20 complete teardowns and more than a handful of cabinet teardowns and decal applications. I've performed countless board repairs...on Bally/Williams. Stern boards are surface mount and can't really be repaired). How about the others that have chimed in to back me up that have experience with restores.

Please make yourself useful to the hobby. I try my best to give back to the hobby. I've performed repairs free of charge. (DMD only machines). I even performed a repair for an out of state company that reached out to me that sold a TSPP to a client local to me. (I can't remember the name of the company but I was listed on a repair database). I didn't even take a dime as the problem was a bad trough switch. 5 minute repair and I ate the cost of the switch.
I provide lot's of free play and instruction cards. Look mine up. A couple of my designs (MB especially) are on lots of machines that I've seen . My reward? Nothing but the satisfaction of seeing my work on machines at shows or on people's sites. I've even printed out cards on photo stock, laminated them and sent them to people free of charge. I ate that cost. When I had people insist on paying me, I asked that they make a contribution to ipdb. Money hasn't been a top issue for me. I do it for the hobby. I've bought multiple copies of Clay's repair videos. I could have bootlegged them like so many others, but no, I paid twice. To support the hobby. I have family in the auto body business. I could have used their materials to cut and polish the clearcoat on my PF's. Did I do that? Nope. I bought Treasure Cove's kit (multiple times again). Their kit is just buffing and polishing compound. Why would I do that when it would be cheaper to use the stuff I had access to? To support the hobby. If Treasure Cove succeeds, the hobby is better off. I go into arcades and toss $10 into machines. (I just did it again this weekend at Marty's Playland in Ocean City, MD) I play 2-3 games and tell the first kid I see to finish up my credits. Again, I do this to support the hobby. Getting kids interested in pinball is key. I've given generously to ipdb and to others when the need arose. My only failing? I haven't given to Pinside as I don't frequent this site very often. Been a member for over 10 years though.

I was looking over some of your posts in other threads and your immature attitude is not unique to this thread. Yet you do have a double standard. Let's review that double standard:

- A ST LE for sale thread where the original poster had very limited info and no pictures (i have no issues there, but according to my thread, you have serious issues with my more detailed description and high res pictures). Yet, strangely, you chimed in with support for the seller.
- A Scared Stiff NIB thread where the seller didn't post a pic. (The seller is a heck of a good guy and a valuable resource to the pinball community, I am just using this example to point out the hypocrisy of gprotein's posts.) You didn't mentioned a word about no pictures.
- A Mustang for sale thread where the pictures were more in number than mine, but far far lower resolution. My pictures are 5+ MB in size. Whereas those were in the low KB. (Again, I have no issues with the seller)
- A Tron LE FS thread. That thread had fewer pics than mine. 2 pics were blurry and they were all far lower resolution than mine. Again, you had nothing but praise in that thread. (and again I have no issues with that thread, because if I am interested, I will not make a buy/no buy decision based on pictures on a thread. I will ask for more pics via PM)

I quit reading your posts at this point as you go on and on in this manner. So what is it, pray tell, about my thread that made you decide to take it where it has gone? Why did you not have issues when others posted a vague description, fewer pics and/or lower resolution pictures?

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Quantity made has nothing to do with value or desire in the pinball world. Value of the game is based upon how fun it is and how well it performs. Since you actually play the items you collect in this hobby, it breaks the barriers you usually have with collector markets. Such as rarity and older is usually more valuable, in most markets...in pinball it's almost the opposite.

For the most part I agree. I think Cactus Canyon is an exception though. But that also has the whole being the last conventional B/W pin.

#111 10 years ago

I dedicate this next picture to g.

It is a pic of my "heavily routed pf full of dirt and grime"

It is not a good pic but it is one I have handy at the moment at my beach house (on Google Drive). It is overly compressed for my tastes but it is still better than most people post. I am not at my primary home with access to the pictures on my server.....yes I said server. I run 4 physical servers in a server rack at home....did I mention that I am a bit nutty?

To those IT geeks out there....I run an 1 ESXi server as my "sandbox" test environment. It runs multple red hat and MS Windows VMs. I have 2 - Windows 2008 R2 cluster servers. Both are DC's. I run Exchange 2010 on the cluster as well as clustering DNS, DHCP, and print. I am running my file services on DFS with replication across those two servers. The last server is running WIndows 2012. It is an iscsi target for my shared cluster storage. (Not the most efficient way to do this but it works) All of the above are HP ProLiant servers. (channeling my inner geek) The software licenses are all on the up and up on my personal TechNet account. (RIP TechNet )

DSC04222 (Custom).JPGDSC04222 (Custom).JPG

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Just to preface this post.....I will indeed be calling you names this time....And this post is verbose even by my standards. Skip to the second to last paragraph for my favorite part.
#3 is just a priceless response. Remember when I called you a petulant child earlier? Hello? Thanks for this example. I am sure you've convinced everyone that
I could have sold this game 10 times over by now. I don't want to sell it. Why can you not comprehend this unimaginably simple statement is beyond me.
1) Why do you care? I don't. I've turned down 3 AC/DC trade offers. I am still stewing over a few. In addition, I've got 3 ST LE trade offers, but I am not certain I want to add cash into a hobby which is 3rd on my hobby priority list right now. A/V (those that know me, know this), and my car are my top 2 hobby priorities. In addition I'd rather toss money into some things I need at my beach house. So pinball right now is at the bottom of the list. You mention that it is one of the hottest games now. EXACTLY my point. I will not trade this for an AC/DC with little to no mods. I don't want to deal with cash exchanging hands, so I've not found a good trade. Why do you care. I will say this again. I don't care.
2) Why can you not get this through your head. I am NOT posting 400MB of pictures onto a thread. I don't know how to better spell that out for you. My pictures are very high resolution. I shoot them with a 16MP DSLR in RAW format. I convert them to jpg (using Photoshop CE) with as little compression as possible. I am not going to put that burden on pinside. That would be a D-Bag move to stick 400MB on pinside's servers. Storage is not free. You want pics, you PM me and you'll get as many as you want. I send out a few and if you need more, ask and I will send them or take them if I don't have a particular angle.
2a) The only ones that argued with me were you and Rob. (You two seem to know each other as I was looking over your posts to see if there was something special about me.....see below)
3) Well then please go away troll. You must be correct. I probably lied. The game does not have less than 400 plays as I stated. Nor does it have an immaculate playfield as I stated or as the clear as day pictures show to those that PM'ed me. It has 16,000 plays and it was indeed covered with dirt and grime. (Will that make you go away?) You and the other guy who was claiming to be the expert on PF restores can call each other up and talk about how I don't know anything about pinball. How even though you two have never performed serious work on a pinball machine can claim to know more than I (who has performed more than 20 complete teardowns and more than a handful of cabinet teardowns and decal applications. I've performed countless board repairs...on Bally/Williams. Stern boards are surface mount and can't really be repaired). How about the others that have chimed in to back me up that have experience with restores.
Please make yourself useful to the hobby. I try my best to give back to the hobby. I've performed repairs free of charge. (DMD only machines). I even performed a repair for an out of state company that reached out to me that sold a TSPP to a client local to me. (I can't remember the name of the company but I was listed on a repair database). I didn't even take a dime as the problem was a bad trough switch. 5 minute repair and I ate the cost of the switch.
I provide lot's of free play and instruction cards. Look mine up. A couple of my designs (MB especially) are on lots of machines that I've seen . My reward? Nothing but the satisfaction of seeing my work on machines at shows or on people's sites. I've even printed out cards on photo stock, laminated them and sent them to people free of charge. I ate that cost. When I had people insist on paying me, I asked that they make a contribution to ipdb. Money hasn't been a top issue for me. I do it for the hobby. I've bought multiple copies of Clay's repair videos. I could have bootlegged them like so many others, but no, I paid twice. To support the hobby. I have family in the auto body business. I could have used their materials to cut and polish the clearcoat on my PF's. Did I do that? Nope. I bought Treasure Cove's kit (multiple times again). Their kit is just buffing and polishing compound. Why would I do that when it would be cheaper to use the stuff I had access to? To support the hobby. If Treasure Cove succeeds, the hobby is better off. I go into arcades and toss $10 into machines. (I just did it again this weekend at Marty's Playland in Ocean City, MD) I play 2-3 games and tell the first kid I see to finish up my credits. Again, I do this to support the hobby. Getting kids interested in pinball is key. I've given generously to ipdb and to others when the need arose. My only failing? I haven't given to Pinside as I don't frequent this site very often. Been a member for over 10 years though.
I was looking over some of your posts in other threads and your immature attitude is not unique to this thread. Yet you do have a double standard. Let's review that double standard:
- A ST LE for sale thread where the original poster had very limited info and no pictures (i have no issues there, but according to my thread, you have serious issues with my more detailed description and high res pictures). Yet, strangely, you chimed in with support for the seller.
- A Scared Stiff NIB thread where the seller didn't post a pic. (The seller is a heck of a good guy and a valuable resource to the pinball community, I am just using this example to point out the hypocrisy of gprotein's posts.) You didn't mentioned a word about no pictures.
- A Mustang for sale thread where the pictures were more in number than mine, but far far lower resolution. My pictures are 5+ MB in size. Whereas those were in the low KB. (Again, I have no issues with the seller)
- A TRON LE FS thread. That thread had fewer pics than mine. 2 pics were blurry and they were all far lower resolution than mine. Again, you had nothing but praise in that thread. (and again I have no issues with that thread, because if I am interested, I will not make a buy/no buy decision based on pictures on a thread. I will ask for more pics via PM)
I quit reading your posts at this point as you go on and on in this manner. So what is it, pray tell, about my thread that made you decide to take it where it has gone? Why did you not have issues when others posted a vague description, fewer pics and/or lower resolution pictures?

I didn't ask you about posting all your pics, but you sure don't need to post pics for the coin door twice. How about shooter lane and the magnets?

STLE is bought new and owned by a well known and respected restorer J McCune, so no issue there.
A NiB SS, well it's NIB and the pics are on eBay by the way, detective.
Mustang pro is bought and opened by BR 2-3 weeks ago, he only beautify it by adding more mods on it. What more need to know?
I didn't post any praise (or neg) on Tron LE, just talking to another poster and I do own one.
Most of all, it didn't cross my mind to buy any of those. Anyways it looks like you have a trader, so stop arguing and GLWT.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

gprotein said:It's amusing to me because:

- A TRON LE FS thread. That thread had fewer pics than mine. 2 pics were blurry and they were all far lower resolution than mine. Again, you had nothing but praise in that thread. (and again I have no issues with that thread, because if I am interested, I will not make a buy/no buy decision based on pictures on a thread. I will ask for more pics via PM)

To much stress . Just let it go . Not saying you do not have a point. But Let it go call BR

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

To much stress . Just let it go . Not saying you do not have a point. But Let it go call BR

Curse you and your "Let it go"......arrggghhhhh..... Why did I say that? I've heard that friggin song 145,000 times now. Like an idiot, in addition to buying the Blu-Ray, I bought the soundtrack. Guess what I heard the entire 3 hour trip to my Beach House. Let it go. But, I was lucky enough that my kids sprinkled in the Demi Lovato version every now and then to mix things up.
Curse you Disney and your wonderfully enchanting movie Frozen which my kids have watched endlessly.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I hear you. At first the comments were interesting. Later he actually annoyed me. (Which is hard to do as I am so laid back). Thanks for getting things grounded.

#116 10 years ago

I found some pics and vid of a topper I created for IM. I'll post those tonight.

#117 10 years ago

WTF is going on w/ U 2 .. and dinot ,, Yr PM made No Sense ,, Later .........

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

WTF is going on w/ U 2 .. and dinot ,, Yr PM made No Sense ,, Later .........

You think my PM made no sense try talking to me. 4 hours sleep, I fell while painting last night (it was actually hilarious even though I was writhing in pain) and I am on pain meds. (I thought I broke my hip.....and I am not that old). In addition I have to wake up early to drive to my mother's house tomorrow and with this pain, I will not be able to sleep a wink. So, for some real fun, check in with me tomorrow.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

So, for some real fun, check in with me tomorrow.

You check N w/ me if you wanna deal on a Trade ,, my cell is Alway's ON ... Eat sum rabbit 2-morrow

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

You think my PM made no sense try talking to me. 4 hours sleep, I fell while painting last night (it was actually hilarious even though I was writhing in pain) and I am on pain meds. (I thought I broke my hip.....and I am not that old). In addition I have to wake up early to drive to my mother's house tomorrow and with this pain, I will not be able to sleep a wink. So, for some real fun, check in with me tomorrow.

I would not tell people about a beach house and pain pills as it people really abuse those pills, somebody crazy enough or high enough will come rob you. Somebody killed my pharmacist friend in Va Beach looking for them. Please be safe.

#122 10 years ago

Glad U got home Safe Buddy !! call me when U can ...

#123 10 years ago

Wow why is this thread still going?

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

4-Real ...........

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I would not tell people about a beach house and pain pills as it people really abuse those pills, somebody crazy enough or high enough will come rob you. Somebody killed my pharmacist friend in Va Beach looking for them. Please be safe.

Wow....didn't even think about that.
Food for thought. Thanks.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

No idea. But boy am I chatty tonight.

#127 10 years ago

I love Google Drive. This is an example of what I was talking about earlier. This Shadow was the dirtiest PF I had ever seen. Black sludge on everything and underneath. The wire harnesses and underneath the inserts. I'll type quietly as not to wake Rob.

The real question is why do I have some teardown pics on Google Drive. I have no clue.

The pics kind of suck and don't do the PF justice. This game was so dirty, that you could barely make out the graphics. Over 15,000 plays on this game. This pic was after some Novus. This was not buffed with clearcoat compound. I was shocked that it was so beautiful. I didn't buff it as buffing compound works by cutting into the clear and this PF did not need it. I took these after I started to re-assemble the PF (and obviously before I cleaned up the Novus goop off of everything). I am literally hijacking my own thread. Woohoo.

P3210004.JPGP3210004.JPG
P3210007.JPGP3210007.JPG

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

You check N w/ me if you wanna deal on a Trade ,, my cell is Alway's ON ... Eat sum rabbit 2-morrow

Actually lamb on a spit tomorrow. I am Greek. And I don't even like lamb. Sacrilege.

#129 10 years ago

I'll post this on the mods forum as well:

Here is a video I had created (just uploaded it) of some of the mods on the game. Check out the topper.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I'll post this on the mods forum as well:
Here is a video I had created (just uploaded it) of some of the mods on the game. Check out the topper.
» YouTube video

Can you tell us more about the projector for the IM image on the ceiling?

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can you tell us more about the projector for the IM image on the ceiling?

Sure.

Search eBay for "Car door led projector iron man"
These are sold in pairs and run off of 12V. (So I tied it into the Stern 12V constant in the front left of the cab). The only thing that sucks about the IM projector (I also bought TF, Spiderman and Batman) was that the seller is in China and I had to wait about 10 calendar days to get it. (Whereas the other projectors I bought were in the US)
I drilled two holes in the back of the IM mask and zip tied the projector to the mask. I need to aim it better. They are pretty small.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Sure.
Search eBay for "Car door led projector Iron Man"
These are sold in pairs and run off of 12V. (So I tied it into the Stern 12V constant in the front left of the cab. The only thing that sucks about the IM projector (I also bought TF, spiderman and Batman) was that the seller is in China and I had to wait about 10 calendar days to get it. (Whereas the other projectors I bought were in the US)
I drilled two holes in the back of the IM mask and zip tied the projector. They are pretty small.

Thanks for the info. Interesting idea. Not sure if I will do it to mine, but I'm definitely considering it.

Edit: come to think of it, I wonder if it will work in my house. I have 10 foot ceilings. Is that going to be too far from the projector?

#134 10 years ago

"Best distance is 20cm-35cm (approx 8 inches-14 inches) from the door bottom to the ground."

So it won't work for me.

Edit again: wonder how it would look mounted on the bottom of the cab pointing on the floor?

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

"Best distance is 20cm-35cm (approx 8 inches-14 inches) from the door bottom to the ground."
So it won't work for me.
Edit again: wonder how it would look mounted on the bottom of the cab pointing on the floor?

Mine is more than that from the ceiling. I had considered pointing it at the floor from the bottom of the cab. I'll check that out.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so are you saying rarity does or doesnt matter?

#137 10 years ago

geez BR has what you want and you are worried about projectors and stuff. Seems to me you want to keep IM. Hopefully your hip is ok and you and BR can make a deal....

Oh and Captain quantity made does mean something........rarity does mean something watch what happens to BBH in the future....

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

For the most part I agree. I think Cactus Canyon is an exception though. But that also has the whole being the last conventional B/W pin.

There are some exceptions to the rule, but more so the other way, than not. Usually if there wasn't a lot of games made, it's usually because the game sucked or something happened during production. If things got shut of premature due to outside factors, and it's a half way decent game, then desire is usually there. So for the most part, rarity doesn't matter, only in certain cases does it have an effect. Game still has to be desirable by a mass audience, rare or not. Game can have highest production numbers ever like TZ and TAF and still be worth more than some games where less than 100 were made. Which is the case many of times. All comes down to fun factor.

Making a game for a home environment is a whole other animal, than one for route. route games have to be easy to understand and shallow rulesets help for the casual player. Where at home, you want complexity and depth, for long term enjoyment in the house. A game like IM, was ment for route. It's shallow easy to understand and very fast ball times. Perfect combo for the operator.

#139 10 years ago

Just watched the vid, your IM looks great! Love the projector idea, very cool. I see in addition to my shooter, you also have my Monger decal mod. Great to see these on others' machines.

Best of luck.

#140 10 years ago

dinot, are you going to make the trade with B_R? We're all curious.

#141 10 years ago

Would you accept pills for this Ironman?

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

dinot, are you going to make the trade with B_R? We're all curious.

He said the deal wouldn't be Even due to the amount of mods he has on his IM ,, dinot i can Sweeten the deal w/ some Cash !!

1 week later
#143 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Would you accept pills for this Ironman?

Whew, that was a rough couple of days. I was on pain meds for 3 days or so and I have a high tolerance for pain. (A few years back, I had sinus surgery and didn't take the strong pain narctotics that I was prescribed for pain...I disposed of it at the pharmacy)
My mind is clear now. I was pretty loopy there. WTF was I typing? My Master's Thesis?

Funny story.
I was painting a bathroom ceiling at my beach house. Instead of using a ladder, I decided to hop between the vanity, tub and toilet. As I was hopping to my toilet from my vanity, I discovered a function of the toilet seat that I had forgotten about. Easy removal for cleaning. I stepped onto the seat and the seat goes flying off. I was twisting as I was falling. My hip nailed the toilet bowl, my shoulder hit the tub and my foot broke through the underneath of the vanity cabinet.
Just touching my hip caused excruciating pain. I had a black/purple bruise the size of a football on my hip/buttocks. I was certain I had fractured it, but luckily x-rays were negative. Sleep was an issue as while asleep if I rolled onto that side I'd wake up in massive pain (and of course that is the side I sleep on). Suffice it to say, I slept very little.

I thought about it. I didn't need pain meds to sleep. I needed Viagra. With that drug, I'd have a kickstand to prevent me from rolling onto my hip. Thanks folks, I am here all week. Try the veal.

Anyways, I still have this machine. Still has less than 500 plays. I am leaning towards holding onto it for a little while longer. Right now this beach house is kicking my ass. So every penny I have is going to it. I've blown through my budget for this place by at least 100%. (Much of that due to a worthless home inspector.....gggrrrrrr!!!) That is the major reason I want to not have cash involved. I didn't want a NIB as to me (note...I said to me), a NIB has no additional value over a lightly routed/HUO pin. As soon as I open the box, the machine has lost at least $500 in value. I'd then be looking at $700 in mods to get it to where I want. I did cheat a bit on my no money on pinball policy. I had to get on Hooked's pop bumper caps for IM list. Those are gorgeous.

I know that I could sell this IM outright in a heartbeat and buy an AC/DC Prem. I just don't want to deal with that right now.

#144 9 years ago

This post is stupid

#145 9 years ago

what???

ch.jpgch.jpg
#146 9 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

This post is stupid

Thanks very much for your insightful reply.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

This post is stupid

I think I'm going to have to agree with you. Face it B_R neither of us are getting his IM. Its really just turned into a prick tease of what do I have that you don't. He doesnt want cash, he rambles and unless you are in his backyard, and unless your Acdc isnt modded he doesn't want it. Its the makings for the impossible trade that will never happen.

This thread has became so pointless.

#148 9 years ago

PM sent

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Its really just turned into a prick tease of what do I have that you don't. He doesnt want cash, he rambles and unless you are in his backyard, and unless your Acdc isnt modded he doesn't want it. Its the makings for the impossible trade that will never happen.

This thread has became so pointless.

I've got no skin in the game on this one, but I tend to agree.

#150 9 years ago

This is starting to look like last years Star Wars FS thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-im-for-stern-star-trek/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.