Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

absoco.jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I have a fully restored TOTAN with a clear coated playfield, new cabinet decals, brand new ramps and plastics, gold trim and legs, Bazaar hole protector, new gold lamp with gems, custom sword topper, playfield side decals (looks much better than mirror blades), all LED's under inserts and in backbox, coin door and target decals, and custom color cards. There may be some stuff i'm forgetting but that's a pretty fair description of it. I will attach a couple of pic's to this thread but here is a link to all of the pic's http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/trexpwnt/TOTAN/

I am looking to trade this machine for something different mostly looking for a MM or MB but I will take offers of any combination of other machines + or - cash where needed. AC/DC and X-men need not apply as I don't hold either of those in very high value all others welcome to offer.

#2 11 years ago

I am very far away or I might offer you a 2fer.

Best of luck with your trade.

#3 11 years ago

i have the following i could trade

SWE1 (NIB Kit installed into a working RFM cabinet)
RFM - top side of playfield completely taken down and cleaned. LED installed in all of the GI, and Flashers, NuCore system installed w/23" dell LCD
TSPP - top side of playfield completely taken down and cleaned. LED installed in all of the GI, and Flashers, new display, all new ramps, new plastics, new rubber kit (all within the last 2 months), cabinet has damage thought.

just so you know, the SWE1 and RFM are in separate cabinets so there are two actual games

let me know if any of this interest you

christopher

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i have the following i could trade
SWE1 (NIB Kit installed into a working RFM cabinet)
RFM - top side of playfield completely taken down and cleaned. LED installed in all of the GI, and Flashers, NuCore system installed w/23" dell LCD
TSPP - top side of playfield completely taken down and cleaned. LED installed in all of the GI, and Flashers, new display, all new ramps, new plastics, new rubber kit (all within the last 2 months), cabinet has damage thought.
just so you know, the SWE1 and RFM are in separate cabinets so there are two actual games
let me know if any of this interest you
christopher

I appreciate the offer unfortunately not what i'm looking for.

#10 11 years ago

No - I dont know which is the best game of the 3 but what I do know is that AC/DC LE and X-MEN LE is more valuable. Maybe not to britex and you becuase you dont like them but it is to someone who owns AC/DC PRE/LE and X-Men LE.

If I wanted TOTAN I would just buy it out right before I traded it for either X-Men LE or AC/DC Prem/LE.

I don't wish the seller any harm and wish him the best on his game - it looks nice.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

No - I dont know which is the best game of the 3 but what I do know is that AC/DC LE and X-MEN LE is more valuable. Maybe not to britex and you becuase you dont like them but it is to someone who owns AC/DC PRE/LE and X-Men LE.
If I wanted TOTAN I would just buy it out right before I traded it for either X-Men LE or AC/DC Prem/LE.
I don't wish the seller any harm and wish him the best on his game - it looks nice.

HUO, HEP, Keller, high end restored TOTANs fetch well north of $10K these days my friend...just a heads up!

#12 11 years ago

HUO, HEP, Keller, high end restored TOTANs fetch well north of $10K these days my friend...just a heads up!

Yes - I know - HEP, Keller anything fetch a lot of money - I was not talking about that..... This game is not listed as a HEP/Keller game.

Ha!... I would need both an ACDC and an X-Men...for my TOTAN...LOL

Robbie - You dont have to trade your game for any other game that is your decision but if that deal was offered to me and my game was just a everyday restored or routed TOTAN then I would take that deal for the 2 games I did not like - sell them both and buy back another TOTAN and keep some cash.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Robbie - You dont have to trade your game for any other game that is your decision but if that deal was offered to me and my game was just a everyday restored or routed TOTAN then I would take that deal for the 2 games I did not like - sell them both and buy back another TOTAN and keep some cash.

<-----Me too!!!

I agree this is no HEP or Keller TOTAN ($14.9K)...however the OP could easily trade for either of those Stern titles for this machine...not both!

#14 11 years ago

We don't want to mess up the OPs thread here but Cmon. Folks are not paying those prices. You know you are not getting bites at those numbers.

Luckily he wants to trade and there will be another guy who took good care of his games that will see this and jump in.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

We don't want to mess up the OPs thread here but Cmon. Folks are not paying those prices. You know you are not getting bites at those numbers.
Luckily he wants to trade and there will be another guy who took good care of his games that will see this and jump in.

I sold two TOTAN's in the last 6 months for north of what either ACDC LE or X-Men LE cost NIB...lets just stick to the facts here!

#16 11 years ago

sold mine for $8k.....

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

We don't want to mess up the OPs thread

I wouldn't highjack his thread if he just stated the facts about his game and said the following:

I am looking to trade this machine for something different mostly looking for a MM or MB but I will take offers of any combination of other machines + or - cash where needed. AC/DC and X-men need not apply as I am not interested in those games.

or...

I am looking to trade this machine for something different mostly looking for a MM or MB but I will take offers of any combination of other machines + or - cash where needed.

I am not interested in the following:
X-Men
AC/DC
Ect

But he said..

"AC/DC and X-men need not apply as I don't hold either of those in very high value"

I look at that statement as just saying something he knows will ellicit a response (or just a backhanded stab) - so I gave one to make him happy.

If he would of just said not interested in AC/DC or X-Men I would of not commented.

#18 11 years ago

Maybe the pro models. Not the LE's

#19 11 years ago

I think when he said "value" he was not talking about money. I think he was going for the Noun version of the word.

Value -(Noun) The regard that something is held to deserve; the importance or preciousness of something: "your support is of great value".

But i could be wrong.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from robbiev:

I sold two TOTAN's in the last 6 months for north of what either ACDC LE or X-Men LE cost NIB...lets just stick to the facts here!

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

sold mine for $8k.....

The facts are the 8k Totan was the last solid sale I have seen. Suddenly after that buyers became more and more sparse and offers started to become the norm vs higher asking prices.

To be fair a sweet table with that much work should get 7-8k. I do believe its worth it. I just don't think its better than a new game. Certainly not worth more than 8 unless its MM or BBB.

And if we really want to talk facts lets be honest. 1-1.5 years ago a Totan at best was 5k. We had a huge rush of new players and there was an explosive boom like no one has seen in years. Yes all things go up but this has been way over the top. So if they level off at 6-6.5 that still a 1k plus increase in just over a year. Quite healthy still.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The facts are the 8k Totan was the last solid sale I have seen. Suddenly after that buyers became more and more sparse and offers started to become the norm vs higher asking prices.
To be fair a sweet table with that much work should get 7-8k. I do believe its worth it. I just don't think its better than a new game. Certainly not worth more than 8 unless its MM or BBB.
And if we really want to talk facts lets be honest. 1-1.5 years ago a Totan at best was 5k. We had a huge rush of new players and there was an explosive boom like no one has seen in years. Yes all things go up but this has been way over the top. So if they level off at 6-6.5 that still a 1k plus increase in just over a year. Quite healthy still.

We can agree on one thing...prices have gone up on this title...10 months ago I sold one for $3500.00...now granted it was part of a package deal...wish I would have kept it a bit longer.

OP "COULD" get a beater MB + cash on his end...if he is lucky.

#23 11 years ago

It's funny you guys are so pathetic you have to come into my for trade thread and defend your purchase when all I said is "I" meaning me or myself "don't hold either of those machines in a very high value" meaning I don't care for either of those machines and I (again meaning me or myself) wouldn't pay what people are asking for them so unless you want to dump them for half price save both of us time and don't bother asking if I want to trade for them.

You would be suprised at how many people will offer up their crappy X-men LE or AC/DC LE machines hoping to trade them for something of higher value. Now that was a "backhanded stab" but seriously TOTAN is a way better machine than either of those. It has way more cooler features on it. Better use of magnets. Better skill shot. Better artwork. Better playfield layout. Anyways enough stooping to idiots level doh another "backhanded stab"

Cash asking price is $10k LOL don't be jealous if you can't afford it

#27 11 years ago

First of all I never said anything about asking 10k until it after NathanP tried to tell everyone how much I was asking and how much he thinks its worth hoping to make me look bad. Secondly Marksf123 you came in here trying to dog me and my machine because I don't value X-men and AC/DC as much as you do as did Hwawonyu. So yeah most of my last post was sarcastic. You all are more than welcome to post whatever you wish here it is after all a public forum however when you do post stupid shit you should be prepared to get stupid comments posted right back at you.

#30 11 years ago

Bwahahahaha!!!

Now on a serious note I think they are both equal but in two different camps. For the old collector of classics its one of the best.

But you can't compare that to AC/DC christ its like watching my grandfather sit in a rocker vs go out with a 23yr old clubbing.

#33 11 years ago

Nice looking machine! Disregard all the trolls, good luck!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Good point my passion for ackadacka gets the better of me. Cool pin and if someone has a good trade well worth doing. Good luck

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Just a quick note , The op slammed the other machines first ! Totan is a pretty game and good luck on the sale !

Jim

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Just a quick note , The op slammed the other machines first ! Totan is a pretty game and good luck on the sale !
Jim

How is my not holding those machines in a high value slamming them?

#37 11 years ago

To each his own, somebody said that. I think it was a tales from the crypt. TOTAN is in a league of its own in my opinion. As far as 10K for a full restore thats not bad if you try looking around. Anyway, I think acdc premium and totan is the perfect pairing, right now I got SM and TZ. ha

#38 11 years ago

Good luck on your sale-

TOTAN is a great game
AC/DC is a great game

Probably best to treat games you don't want like you did with this quote as it won't turn off potential traders who might have something you do want.

Quoted from britrex1:

I appreciate the offer unfortunately not what i'm looking for.

#39 11 years ago

This seems to happen quite a bit these days. Someone posts a FS/FT add and folks drop in and take a big old crap on it. This issue can and should be addresses in one of 2 ways depending on if your the seller or someone browsing the forum. If your just browsing around and see an add for a pin you don't like, think is too expensive, or just don't like the verbiage in the add, just ignore it and let it die on the vine. That's the best way to express your lack of interest.

If your a seller and can't handle rude comments regarding your FS post, just put it up in the market section. Problem solved and it helps keep things around here civil.

#41 11 years ago

Now we are stooping down the level of who has the biggest coc..I mean wallet. Very childish.

#44 11 years ago

This Thread is looking more and more like a RGP thread!

I've played this TOTAN and it is a very nice pin. And I know what you paid and or used to get this pin and that's all I will say about that! So good luck sale. Can we stop with the bickering on both sides.

On another note I love TOTAN... But AC/DC LE blows it and some other "A" list pins out of the water! But we can agree to disagree on that

#45 11 years ago

Yes - Sorry never meant britrex any harm and shouldn't of posted the last comment..

My apologies to britrex

#46 11 years ago

It's been entertaining watching this thread slowly unravel. I recommend the OP cut his losses and re-post at a later date. I'm not sure too many prospective buyers have been impressed with this thread.

#47 11 years ago

Let me be perfectly clear about this. I never said anything bad about AC/DC LE or X-men in my op other than "I don't value them very high" what is wrong with that? I wasn't saying they aren't worth what people paid for them. Again all I was doing is trying to save myself and anyone who would offer them up for trade a little time because I wouldn't pay that much for them. You would be surprised at how many offers a person will get from people trying to trade those two machines. I know because I got those offers when I put my AFM up for sale only a month or so ago. If I remember right I had 14 offers of AC/DC premium and LE and I think 6 offers of X-Men LE. Those two alone were more than all the other offers.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

Let me be perfectly clear about this. I never said anything bad about AC/DC LE or X-men in my op other than "I don't value them very high" what is wrong with that? I wasn't saying they aren't worth what people paid for them. Again all I was doing is trying to save myself and anyone who would offer them up for trade a little time because I wouldn't pay that much for them. You would be surprised at how many offers a person will get from people trying to trade those two machines. I know because I got those offers when I put my AFM up for sale only a month or so ago. If I remember right I had 14 offers of AC/DC premium and LE and I think 6 offers of X-Men LE. Those two alone were more than all the other offers.

I also find myself getting many offers for NIB Stern games when I list an A title B/W games, I think it’s because many collectors are also Stern distributors so they get the games at a decent savings compared to the retail price. You can’t blame them for wanting to trade a machine they obtain at a bargain that’s readily available for a machine that is out of production/low production, more collectable and rare. There seems to be way more love for Stern here on pinside compared to RGP…in fact…and I never thought I would say this/do this as my exposure to Stern games in the past was kinda lack luster to say the least…but maybe they have stepped up their game some and these guys are onto something good, maybe I didn’t give Stern the chance they deserve, maybe I will take the plunge and grab a few Stern titles.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

But you can't compare that to AC/DC christ its like watching my grandfather sit in a rocker vs go out with a 23yr old clubbing.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#50 11 years ago

Bump!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 119.99
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-fully-restored-totan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.