08.jpg
07.jpg
06.jpg
05.jpg
04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Bump for a great pin @ at great price. I've only played an Avatar Pro once, (never came across an LE) but I liked it far better than I estimated I would going in.

#52 11 years ago

its a great game. Very challenging. I played it non stop for months.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

LOL! Methinks Thou doth protest too much!

No dude, F you...not only did you accuse buyers of being clueless if they don't see a 'for sale' post right away, you accused me of ripping people off. You made it personal, Rob. I dunno what made you go troll...but it's not cool, I thought you were one of the good ones. You owe me a f*cking apology. Delete your libelous post, and I'll delete my retorts. Until that happens...you're on my sh*tlist Rob.

#54 11 years ago

I think the issue is that there are lots of titles out there to choose from and more on the way. It has become a competitive marketplace whereby the Aand or rare titles keep rising and some of the average titles are seeing softer demand. $4500 is still a lot of money so why not go with a proven winner like LOTR, TSPP, etc. For most folks it's just not worth the money. $3500-4k, it will move. I have played 30 games on Avatar, not a bad game, just not a great one. I wonder if Stern still has Ritchies' Avatar design? I believe he was working on this game prior to the downturn in the market and it probably would have been much better had pin had his vision came to fruition.

#55 11 years ago

Like I've said on my previous thread about Avatar, most of the haters have never played the game. I really do think that once people spend some time on it, it really does prove to be an extremely fun and challenging game. I put it in rotation for the final tournament during our local Atlanta Pinball League and most people said something to the effect of "I don't know why this game gets such a bad rap, it's really fun!"

Also, I had a group of 7th and 8th grade boys over for a class party and this was hands down their favorite game (they liked it more than Tron!)

Anyway, don't lose hope...the right buyer will be out there for this game. Good luck!

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'd take a Avatar LE over Xmen. Looks like a decent game. GL with sale!!!

+1

#57 11 years ago

+2

I actually gave thought to buying this game, for among other reasons, in that no one else I know has one. I'd have to dump a game in the line though to make space....hmmm.

#58 11 years ago

Then say goodbye Hook and hello Avatar LE!

#59 11 years ago

Rare Hero is standing by waiting to sell his in case you guys didn't know. That's why he's has the "cheer flag" up for Avaturd! Fact is the LE was $5k NIB. NEWBEE's don't know it's not the game to own. Designed at the Apex of bad design/cheap for Stern. Most actually believed it was the next BSM! Yes BSM! Funny huh? It's hard to give that game away at any price.

#60 11 years ago

Not really, sent PM, depending on possible shipping, this would be a nice addition to the 39 pins I currently have.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Rare Hero is standing by waiting to sell his in case you guys didn't know.

Uh huh. That's why I LED'd it, put a blue DMD in it, and play it every day...OK....cuz it's so awful and I can't wait to get rid of it lol. I never thought I'd see the day...RobT & Erik Hohler: Super Trollio Brothers ...

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Glad it's not just me that liked Cameron's Avatar. Hell, I also liked the x-rated version. And the pinball is a great player too.
Don't we all wanna have an off-planet adventure of one type or another?
And would ya look at that? Women like the theme too! That's a plus in my book.

You ever see Space Nuts ?

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No dude, F you...not only did you accuse buyers of being clueless if they don't see a 'for sale' post right away, you accused me of ripping people off. You made it personal, Rob. I dunno what made you go troll...but it's not cool, I thought you were one of the good ones. You owe me a f*cking apology. Delete your libelous post, and I'll delete my retorts. Until that happens...you're on my sh*tlist Rob.

Well, now I've done it! I'm on Rarehero's sh*tlist.

OH NOES!

Dude, all I did was make some conclusions based on your own words. Obviously I have no idea what you actually sold the pin for. It could have been $1k for all I know. Then again, if it was really priced that well it probably wouldn't have taken that long to sell. Oops, there I go being logical again. My comment about you ripping someone off was only in retort to you accusing me of supposedly having disdain "for people who aren't 100% hardcore collectors and know every detail about stuff" (I have no idea where that came from). As far as I'm concerned, Caveat Emptor applies here, and I have no concerns with what someone else paid for a pin. If they didn't know the value, that's their fault.

You have very strong opinions. Nothing wrong with that. I do too. But when you are faced with someone who has an opinion that is opposite of yours, you always seem to have to come up with some reason in your mind that would justify that person not agreeing with you. You did it in this very thread! You love the movie Avatar. Your justification for people disagreeing with that opinion? "...it's the usual "It's cool to hate things that are popular" schtick..." Apparently it isn't even possible in your mind that some people might actually not like the film for valid reasons...that have nothing to do with it being "cool to hate things that are popular".

Just the other day a post was made saying "I actually do not like the crystal clear lower PF's. I have 2 ACDC's, one crystal clear and the other slightly diffused and like the diffused better as the lower playfield graphics suck anyways. Gives it an eerie look in a way..." Your response? "LOL I love when people justify defective playfields". Again, completely dismissive of an opposing opinion. You think he doesn't really believe what he says. He's just trying to "justify" the diffused playfield.....even though he owns both.

Again, I understand having strong opinions, and I have them myself. But I try not to be completely dismissive of opposing opinions by attributing some non existent reason/bias for it, to prove that they don't really believe what they say. People don't like that. I used your own words to make that point, and you didn't like it either.

I don't blame you.

I still enjoy reading the majority of your posts. But sometimes.....sheesh.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, now I've done it! I'm on Rarehero's sh*tlist.
OH NOES!
Dude, all I did was make some conclusions based on your own words.

No, you twisted my words and made a personal accusation of dishonest salesmanship. Nothing to do with opinions or the fun ribbing that goes on...I can take that and have fun with that. Go back and read what transpired. It's simple. You called people clueless for not being as "into the hobby" as you. Then you accused me of ripping people off. When I sell games I treat people with nothing but respect. Was my GNR price too high? Should I have sold it an HOUR after I posted it to the flippers who came a-callin'? Should I have sold it to the flippers who would have put it right back up for sale for over $3k!? Why is waiting for the price you want for a game taking advantage of "clueless people"!?

On top of it all, this is a dude's FS thread, for f*cks sake...first it gets trolled up with Avatar movie reviews...then you and Erik Hohler's trolly bullsh*t. F you.

Again - delete your libelous statements about me, and I'll delete all this.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

On top of it all, this is a dude's FS thread, for f*cks sake...first it gets trolled up with Avatar movie reviews...then you and Erik Hohler's trolly bullsh*t. F you.

Again - delete your libelous statements about me, and I'll delete all this.

Nah.

You've taken it way beyond where this needed to go, and have said "F you" to me at least three times. Needless to say, that doesn't really motivate me to apologize to you for anything.

Have a nice day.

#66 11 years ago

Back on topic it sure seems like this is a nice price for a Avatar LE. Had I not already committed to another game I'd be tempted.

Oh ya and if anyone didn't know already don't buy a ACDC LE when you can get a premium with the perfectly clear window cheaper. (; wanna be sure you get a great look at the crappy mini PF graphics!!!

Another public service announcement provided by Rarehero

PS Xmen is a flow crazy machine even with the huge kiddy toy that blocks half the left orbit and disfuctional iceman ramp. Lol. Made SM feel like TZ. (;

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Then say goodbye Hook and hello Avatar LE!

Hook, nah...that's to cheap to ever get rid of. More like IJ...perhaps. But then, there goes the slot for my new Star Trek pin in 2013. Oh, decisions, decisions...

#68 11 years ago

Some pinball guys are very strange.

#69 11 years ago

Some guys just don't get it.

2 months later
#70 11 years ago

Is the Avatar Machine still available? If so please PM me with your # and I will call you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-avatar-le-huo-chicago-area/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.