10.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I came across this FT yesterday. I talked to the seller for a while and took some pics. I don't know the seller and I'm not interested in buying it, but I told him I'd pass it along if he came down to a fair price. Otherwise, I have no association with him.

He started out at $1800. I told him straight up what the machine had going for it and what it didn't. It has a real nice cab, decals, and a working topper. It's dirty and has switch issues: thinks it has a ball missing (which it could actually have I thought it should have 4 but I was unsure and the sticker under the lock-down is gone) There's some playfield wear around inserts but otherwise it looks pretty nice.

He said he'll take $1500 as-is

He's near Gobles Mi -
Eric Mills 269-910-0987

Nice guy. Easy to work with.

1.jpg1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg6.jpg

#2 11 years ago

a few more:

10.jpg10.jpg 11.jpg11.jpg 7.jpg7.jpg 8.jpg8.jpg

#3 11 years ago

That's a nice game.. it's rare to see so little cabinet fade.

#4 11 years ago

I haven't seen a FT without fade in so long I had forgotten what they looked like...

I can't see the insert wear, but that looks like it would clean up real good.

#5 11 years ago

Nice game, some local is going to get a good deal.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I can't see the insert wear, but that looks like it would clean up real good.

It's just a bit around the edges, but when machines are dirty like this it's hard to tell.

#7 11 years ago

If I still lived in KZoo I'd take it

#8 11 years ago

Someone should snap this up, really good price and appears to be in good shape.

#9 11 years ago

If all original, this FT is in fantastic shape for $1500.
Any fish insert wear is minimal from what I can see and the cabinet is as bright as any I've ever come across. Why can't stuff like this pop up near me?

#10 11 years ago

I had no idea Fishtales cabinets were supposed to have that much color!

#11 11 years ago

I will agree with all the above comments, little fade, and especially little fish insert wear. The black around some of the inserts can be touched up with in minutes.
I dont know what else is wrong with the game, but I would still negotiate just be on the safe side. Could be a really nice score though. Fishtales is a really fun game that is often not talked about.
Neat video mode that fits the theme.

Scott
Detroit Pinball

#12 11 years ago

Wish this was in my backyard, some go snag it and make us all feel better

#13 11 years ago

Hmmmm...not sure if I need another game that needs attention.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Nice game, some local is going to get a good deal.

Ha ha - some local.. it's now been posted to Pinside. Someone in Australia is now making arrangements to have a friend of theirs drive 5 hours to snag it and hold it for them. ; )

#15 11 years ago

vaaaaaaarry interesting....

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

That's a nice game.. it's rare to see so little cabinet fade.

That was the first thing I thought when looking at it was WOW what a vivid copy of FT.

#17 11 years ago

Eric says he has 8 people interested and doesn't know what to do now.

Good luck everybody

#18 11 years ago

IMO, matt...you're nuts for not taking it.

Crazy!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_johnson:

Eric says he has 8 people interested and doesn't know what to do now.

The right thing to do would be to sell it to the first person in line for the 1,500.00 regardless of what everyone else has been offering.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from pin-tastic:

The right thing to do would be to sell it to the first person in line for the 1,500.00 regardless of what everyone else has been offering.

I agree.

Quoted from Firebaall:

IMO, matt...you're nuts for not taking it.
Crazy!

Yeah, Probably. I just can't buy every good deal I come across. I really wish I could. Plus I only buy games I'm gonna keep and I'm not sure I like that game.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from pin-tastic:

I agree but money is a powerful persuader. I wish i could find something like this at a yard sale.

#22 11 years ago

I recently sold one in similar cosmetic condition (same unfaded cabinet), but clean and 100% working for $2000. $1500 would have been a great deal.

#23 11 years ago

Surely at least 15 people have called to tell the seller he should not sell it for less than 2800, thus increasing the price overnight. (i.e. like they did to the MB for sale in Madison last week).

Luckily, this FT appears to be in mych better shap and the seller may really be a bit underpriced for fair market value of one with this little insert wear and still nice cab colors.

#24 11 years ago

I paid exactly this amount fro my FT and it does have full playield Mylar, but it also needs all new decals, some plastics and a hell of a cleaning. This should be $2000 minimum. He did originally want $1800 which is not too far off considering it does need some troubleshooting.

#25 11 years ago

Game is sold

#26 11 years ago

the batteries leaked and the cpu has some major damage

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

Damn, that's too bad. Did you see that before buying? We did turn it on but that's as far as I got. It did a ball search and wouldn't start a game. I assumed it was a switch error.

#28 11 years ago

He didn't have a key for the head but i always take my tool box and i had a bit to remove the lock. I did get him down a little to help with a new board. If i get lucky i can repair the old one but i really think the damage is to bad to repair. Overall it is pretty decent.

#29 11 years ago

Oh, good. I'll have to remember to take that bit along in the future too.

#30 11 years ago

What country is the buyer located in? Just curious. ; )

#31 11 years ago

Geez- Makes me glad that I wasn't the grand prize winner. I am sincerely sorry about the damage. At least you seem like you have the know-how to get it handled. As for me, if I noticed that the CPU was fried, I'd be in major melt-down mode. And then, I'd be paying Clay Herell (local pinball repair guy) big bucks to get it fixed.

#32 11 years ago

I bought it , i live about half an hour from the seller. I learned to always take my tool box and be prepared cause i have bought many of games where the seller couldn't find the keys.

#33 11 years ago

I bought it , i live about half an hour from the seller. I learned to always take my tool box and be prepared cause i have bought many of games where the seller couldn't find the keys.

I don't bring my tool box but I do bring my security wrench, drill and a new lock.
If you fix the game to test play it the price goes up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 169.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
12,500 (OBO)
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-at-yard-sale-michigan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.