Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by egyptrus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5451.JPG
IMG_5450.JPG
IMG_5446.JPG
IMG_5449.JPG
IMG_5448.JPG
IMG_5444.JPG
IMG_5445.JPG
IMG_5443.JPG
IMG_5442.JPG
IMG_5440.JPG

#1 5 years ago

I've put a couple of games on AC/DC premium and it seems like a pretty fun game. Unfortunately, the pinball fund is a bit on the low side and I'm also a bit low on space in the game room so I thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone with an AC/DC premium, within driving distance of the Milwaukee, WI area, would be interested in trying to work out a trade.

My LOTR is in pretty decent shape. As I recall, there is a scratch on one side of the cabinet but other than that it's good. The playfield is in nice shape and the game works as it should. I'm not sure which "run" this is but I can take a look when I get home and get the manufacture date if that's something you'd want to know. It's pretty much a stock game, with the exception of the upgraded pinball life flipper coils. If you're interested in seeing pictures, shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll take some pictures and send them your way.

If I can't work out a trade, I may consider selling it outright but would really rather try to work out a trade if possible. I don't have a price in mind for a straight sale but if you wanted to send me a crazy offer for the game, I might consider it.

Thanks,

Dave

Post edited by egyptrus: Modifying title to be cleare on trade options

#2 5 years ago

Ok, I figured pictures and the date of manufacture might help some folks think about this. It was made in December of 2003. The scratch that I seemed to recall on the cabinet side looks more like a letter A, it's near the flipper button on the left side of the cabinet. The game also has the updated side rails to cover the wear around the flipper buttons. As I recall, the wear wasn't horrible but wanted to cover it. I think the only other thing I changed was the upgraded post near the spinner. Other than that this is a stock game.

Again, the only trade I'm really interested in is AC/DC premium.

Thanks,

Dave

IMG_5440.JPG IMG_5442.JPG IMG_5443.JPG IMG_5444.JPG IMG_5445.JPG IMG_5446.JPG IMG_5448.JPG IMG_5449.JPG IMG_5450.JPG IMG_5451.JPG
#3 5 years ago

Bump for a pinsider that i wish wanted a HUO Transformers LE #63.

1 week later
#4 5 years ago

Hi Walt,

Sorry to say that isn't a game I'd be interested in...seems like I might have to go the old route to getting a game I want which is to sell this one and buy the one I want outright. I was sort of hoping for a trade as that would be easier but it will definitely be faster to sell this one and buy the AC/DC.

Now I just have to bring myself to pull the trigger on actually selling this one.

Dave

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Bump for a pinsider that i wish wanted a HUO Transformers LE #63.

Walt, I have a local buddy that has a nice GNR and he was looking for a TFLE..... Yours is the one that came from Tim F, from Chris S., and Tom G. right? If so, let me know, and I can get you in touch with him....

Oh, and bump for Dave looking for AC/DC (which is a GREAT game!)

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Walt, I have a local buddy that has a nice GNR and he was looking for a TFLE..... Yours is the one that came from Tim F, from Chris S., and Tom G. right? If so, let me know, and I can get you in touch with him....

Did someone say GnR?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Did someone say GnR?

Down boy, down.....

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Hi Walt,
Sorry to say that isn't a game I'd be interested in...seems like I might have to go the old route to getting a game I want which is to sell this one and buy the one I want outright. I was sort of hoping for a trade as that would be easier but it will definitely be faster to sell this one and buy the AC/DC.
Now I just have to bring myself to pull the trigger on actually selling this one.
Dave

Ahhh. So your short on space? PM, BSD, TAF for AC/DC LTBR?

Bump for a dude looking for a great game.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Down boy, down.....

I better get mine fixed before the party.

#10 5 years ago

Keep lord and find a way to buy acdc! Sell a kidney if that's what it takes.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I better get mine fixed before the party.

Yes you do.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yes that's the Pin, almost complete with a trade for a modded Star trek Pro with another Pinsider. All that is left is one long drive, next week. Otherwise, I would have interest in GNR. Should something not work out I'll be in touch.

Dave, Good luck!

Walt

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Ahhh. So your short on space? PM, BSD, TAF for AC/DC LTBR?
Bump for a dude looking for a great game.

Thanks Chris but that'd be a pretty good hit on my collection for one game. I'm short on space but not that short, if you know what I mean. I was really hoping I'd be able to make your party on 7/12 but alas my wedding anniversary is getting in the way. Eventually, I will get to one of your parties.

Speaking of GnR, I have the line on one of those and am hoping I can get that in to the collection. If that happens, I might have to work a bit harder on selling LOTR as I will definitely be tighter on space.

Always room for a game in the dining room, right?

#14 5 years ago

you can probably fit 4 in the dining room

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Thanks Chris but that'd be a pretty good hit on my collection for one game. I'm short on space but not that short, if you know what I mean. I was really hoping I'd be able to make your party on 7/12 but alas my wedding anniversary is getting in the way. Eventually, I will get to one of your parties.
Speaking of GnR, I have the line on one of those and am hoping I can get that in to the collection. If that happens, I might have to work a bit harder on selling LOTR as I will definitely be tighter on space.

Your always welcome to stop by. My house rules are if I'm home people can come over. I might not play with you the whole time because I'm working on something else but bring yourself a six pack and have a go.

Congrats BTW on the Anniversary.

Chris

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

And for the record. I would have to do some hard thinking to let AC/DC go because I would need to replace it with a Premium.

Chris

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Your always welcome to stop by. My house rules are if I'm home people can come over. I might not play with you the whole time because I'm working on something else but bring yourself a six pack and have a go.
Congrats BTW on the Anniversary.
Chris

I appreciate the offer...you just never know when I might show up

I will be celebrating number anniversary #27 this summer. Amazing how time flies.

Finally, if you end up selling your LTBR then you'll be out there looking for a premium, like me...

Dave

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I appreciate the offer...you just never know when I might show up
I will be celebrating number anniversary #27 this summer. Amazing how time flies.
Finally, if you end up selling your LTBR then you'll be out there looking for a premium, like me...
Dave

Yeah I think the only way I would sell it is if something amazing dropped in my lap. About the only thing that i really would love to own is a CC or a BBB. Hard to say what happens these days with the remakes and such. Maybe I can have it all

Much happiness to you both.

chris

#19 5 years ago

I like that you have DE time machine in that lineup. Nice work.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I like that you have DE Time Machine in that lineup. Nice work.

Which is immediately put in doubt by the fact that I have a Fish Tales, right?

#22 5 years ago

Ok, so it looks like nobody wants to trade their AC/DC premium with me, which is what I sort of figured given how popular they seem to be so I'll just offer it up for sale.

I have it up on craigslist for $5300, which may be a bit on the high side. It's so hard to figure out pricing these days but I'd rather start a bit high and come down if need be versus pricing it too low.

If anyone's interested in it, I'd be glad to give a pinsider discount. I was hoping to get $5000 out of it but would entertain offers if anyone's interested.

Of course, I'd still gladly take an AC/DC premium in trade, with money from my side as needed.

Thanks,

Dave

#23 5 years ago

I put it in the market place as well although there are more pictures of the game here than there. Anyway, if anyone's interested, PM me.

Dave

1 week later
#24 5 years ago

So, nobody's interested in a LOTR at $5,000? I know summer is a hard time to sell a game so if I have to keep it for a while, I will.

Dave

#25 5 years ago

egyptrus I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but CL has an AC/DC Pro w/ Premium Trim for sale in NW Chicago.

chicago.craigslist.org link

The seller even mentioned being open to trade offers. Anyway, thought it worth mentioning. GLWS

#26 5 years ago

Hey Boiler, I appreciate the heads up but I really want a premium. I know a trade is probably not likely but I'm hoping that someone will eventually buy my LOTR. I'm sure a buyer will come along before too long.

Thanks,

Dave

2 weeks later
#27 5 years ago

Bump

Anyone got an AC/DC premium that they want to trade for my LOTR?

If not, I'd still be interested in selling it outright as well.

Dave

#28 5 years ago

Based on the stated condition, I think you may be on the high side. I think folks would be looking for a game in the condition you describe to be in the $3500-$4500 range. Your title may scare off some people too. I think many here would say that AC/DC premium is a more expensive game than a LOTR in even better shape than what you describe, and your title indicates that you're looking for cash on top of the AC/DC.

#29 5 years ago

Hey Pip,

You make a good point regarding how the title is worded but you only get so many characters to work with so I did the best I could.

Obviously, I'd be adding cash to any deal that would have me trading my LOTR toward a premium AC/DC but that may not be obvious in my title.

Regarding the price I place on my LOTR, I think I'd have a pretty long line if I were asking $3500 for it. I might be a bit high at $5000 but I don't think that price is out of line.

I've actually had a couple of people interested in trading so I can't be too far off.

Dave

#30 5 years ago

Yeah, I have been looking for a $3500 LOTR for several years now and haven't found one, so you may have me there.

1 week later
#31 5 years ago

Just bumping to say that I'd take $4800 in a straight sale. I have someone local to me that has a HUO game that he's selling and prefers to just take cash rather than trading so if anyone is interested in a cash sale, let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

#32 5 years ago

Damn, Someone needs to buy my TFLE so I can get this....

#33 5 years ago

I guess I should clarify that the person close to me has a HUO AC/DC premium, which is what I wanted to trade for and he is looking for a cash sale so someone buy my LOTR so I can pick this up.

Dave

3 weeks later
#34 5 years ago

So the guy that was close to me that had the AC/DC sold it to someone else. We had a bit of miscommunication and he needed money fast so it's gone.

If anyone has an AC/DC premium they'd like to trade I'll be around this weekend.

If anyone has an AC/DC premium they'd like to sell, I'd be interested in hearing from you as I can then work on getting this game sold and buying your premium.

Dave

#36 5 years ago

I've seen that thread and my preference would be to not have to ship. I appreciate you pointing it out though as threads can be easy to miss.

Dave

#37 5 years ago

No prob. GLW Purchase/Trade

1 week later
#38 5 years ago

Still looking for a trade for an AC/DC premium. Of course, I'd add cash to the deal in addition to my LOTR. If you want to buy the LOTR straight out, it's $4800.

Thanks,

Dave

2 weeks later
#39 5 years ago

It looks like this game has been sold. Deal should be completed shortly but I'm feeling very confident that this is a done deal.

If for some reason that changes, I'll let you all know.

This ended up being a straight sale rather than a trade.

Dave

1 week later
#40 5 years ago

Just to finish up this thread. The game is sold and the new owner is enjoying it.

Dave

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside