11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ibtl2.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#52 11 years ago

They made 350 LE's of Road Show?! Damn, I want me one of those! RS kicks butt!

Aw man!

#53 11 years ago

How much was the wozle when it was first was announced? $7500?

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

If I was a broker I'd recommend investing everything in shotguns and canned goods.

Whoooo!, be careful, they will kick you out of madison

#55 11 years ago

6500 preorder. 7500 after the preorder ended.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You can make excellent guesses on Stern's numbers based on the serial #s.

This is pretty much as spot on of an answer as anyone can give without violating any confidentiality agreement. This should answer everyone's questions.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I wouldn't pay more than what he paid. Plus, if any machines are buggy, it's going to be those early runs. I'm happy to be smack in the middle of the pack.

I was a bit worried that my XMen was going to have some severe quality concern issues due to me ordering No. 3 and seeing some of the complaints some of the other people were having right at shipment. Turned out mine had no problem. Is it normal for games in earlier runs to suffer from more quality control issues? It certainly would make sense if that is the case, but is there a history of that happening?

Quoted from PinballHelp:

There are 1000 WOZ LEs. That's more than regular runs of most modern Sterns.

Yep; I was thinking that as well. Someone in another thread said Stern was selling less than 2,500 machines per year as recently as 2010. I'm guessing the numbers are up on AC/DC and XMen but who can really say till we see the final serial numbers.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

6500 preorder. 7500 after the preorder ended.

Was that $6500 for the LE? How much was the reg. version?

#59 11 years ago

Yeah LE. Not sure regular pricing was announced at the preorder time. Preorder was for le's only I think.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yeah LE. Not sure regular pricing was announced at the preorder time. Preorder was for le's only I think.

Then it went up to 7500 for le and 6500 for reg? Now 7000 for reg? Is that right? No more le for 7500 I guess?

#61 11 years ago

LE is at 8500 at automated. But they are gouging arses. Call them and maybe you can get it for 8250 but I wouldn't hold my breath. They are the only ones left available. All other ones are gone and they only had 2

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

LE is at 8500 at automated. But they are gouging arses. Call them and maybe you can get it for 8250 but I wouldn't hold my breath. They are the only ones left available. All other ones are gone and they only had 2

8500 plus freight? Is the reg still at 7000? I guess these prices are before freight.

#63 11 years ago

Yes, before freight. I did the $6500 ECLE preorder. If I had not done that and was looking to get in now I would order a base WOZ and add invisiglass and shaker motor at the factory.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Yes, before freight. I did the $6500 ECLE preorder. If I had not done that and was looking to get in now I would order a base WOZ and add invisiglass and shaker motor at the factory.

I have a guy wanting to sell me an le at 8000 and that includes fgt. Is that a good deal?

#65 11 years ago

I think if you wait a bit you will be able to get it for less. Once it comes out, some guys will sell right away, within a month or two, jusy cause that's how they roll. 8000 is paying a premium already. My advice, just wait, there will be no shortage.

#66 11 years ago

How much will the factory charge for the invisiglass and shaker? I'm guessing 400-500. That would put me t 7500.00 for the base model. Then you figure 300-400 for shipping I would guess. I'm at 7800-7900. $8000 del for a le at this late in the game doesn't sound bad. These guys wanting to sell 2 months after it comes out for an le are going to try to get crazy on the price I would think.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was a bit worried that my XMen was going to have some severe quality concern issues due to me ordering No. 3 and seeing some of the complaints some of the other people were having right at shipment. Turned out mine had no problem. Is it normal for games in earlier runs to suffer from more quality control issues? It certainly would make sense if that is the case, but is there a history of that happening?

It's hard to compare Stern to JJP in this respect because Stern's been producing games for decades, and the hardware and software system they're using, their team had used before many times and have probably worked out most of the low-level kinks.

In contrast, JJP is unveiling a brand new system, with unproven technology. While they do have a veritable "dream team" with a ton of experience, they're still working with many systems they've never used before. I would be very surprised if there's not a ton of things that go wrong and need to be tweaked. It's the nature of the beast. I don't know if there will be big differences between WOZ #12 and WOZ #800, but there could be. It all depends upon how thoroughly they test things and what their plan of action is should they find something defective?

One thing that probably gives buyers some comfort is that JJP looks to be very attentive to customer service and QC, so if things are wrong, most buyers are confident Jack will "make it right."

#68 11 years ago

$6500 LE preorder only. There was no original pricing for the base model at the time. Then the LE price went to $7500 after Sept 2011, Base model was priced at $6500. Then base went to $7000, price increase due to production costs? Dunno, don't care; I got my LE preordered 3 days after Jack made them available for sale. I believe the Base models are now easily at $7500 all day long.

I would do it all over again if/when JJP announces their next title, as I will have a better judgement based on their first pin's playability and QC, no tto mention customer service (nevermind, already know that! Top notch Jack, top notch!)...

#69 11 years ago

There was a time when the LE bumped up in price to $7k if I'm not mistaken, then $7500. I got in on the $7k window, once Jack confirmed the scope of his team and resources.

#70 11 years ago

$8000 delivered for the LE right now is a good deal. After the game is released I have a feeling the NIB LE's could go for as high as $9000.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

$8000 delivered for the LE right now is a good deal. After the game is released I have a feeling the NIB LE's could go for as high as $9000.

That would be a great sign for the health of the hobby if that happens. I hope it does. Sadly though 1,000 is considered a big run these days. Tron LE shot up because there was only 400. If JJP is successful at growing the hobby as he is targeting then long term these LEs will climb. Also, there may be a big spike right out the gate if they are not completing large numbers each day or if there is a break in production for whatever reason.

#72 11 years ago

I hope your right too. I'm going to go ahead and get this one. I'm not wanting to sale it, but it would be nice knowing I could and still make a little.

#73 11 years ago

I would not be surprised if there is a surprise bonus included with the LE's.

Also, The last group of LE's were $7500 plus approximately $300 for shipping. Now that there are not any/many left, surely the $8000 LE shipped price is a good deal since it has at least $1000 worth of upgrades over the $7000 regular WOZ.

#74 11 years ago

I have a guy here in town that offered me $8500. I'm going to wait & play my friends when he gets it & then decide if I'll sell mine or not.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I hope your right too. I'm going to go ahead and get this one. I'm not wanting to sale it, but it would be nice knowing I could and still make a little.

Congratulations, you got a good deal. Welcome to WOZ!

Jim WOZ ECLE #825

#76 11 years ago

I have a feeling once the first test game is at iplay early next week as Jack just stated on the woz owners group we will see a big spike on the price of the le.

#77 11 years ago

I think so too...now that the Ebay MM (NOT NIB) is probably going to sell for $13k!

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I have a feeling once the first test game is at iplay early next week as Jack just stated on the woz owners group we will see a big spike on the price of the le.

How do I get into the owners group?

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

How do I get into the owners group?

Once you purchase a WOZ, speak to Jen and she will get you access.

Jim WOZ ECLE #825

#80 11 years ago

I am thinking there are some people sitting on top of bunches of NIBs and as soon as the game is available, there will be all kinds of deals all over the place.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I am thinking there are some people sitting on top of bunches of NIBs and as soon as the game is available, there will be all kinds of deals all over the place.

I agree that we'll see them hit the market, but they will be higher than $7,500.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I have a guy wanting to sell me an le at 8000 and that includes fgt. Is that a good deal?

No

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I think if you wait a bit you will be able to get it for less. Once it comes out, some guys will sell right away, within a month or two, jusy cause that's how they roll. 8000 is paying a premium already. My advice, just wait, there will be no shortage.

+1. That's the main reason I sold my pre-order.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

+1. That's the main reason I sold my pre-order.

Yup.

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

It's hard to compare Stern to JJP in this respect because Stern's been producing games for decades, and the hardware and software system they're using, their team had used before many times and have probably worked out most of the low-level kinks.

In contrast, JJP is unveiling a brand new system, with unproven technology. While they do have a veritable "dream team" with a ton of experience, they're still working with many systems they've never used before. I would be very surprised if there's not a ton of things that go wrong and need to be tweaked. It's the nature of the beast."

Lot of good info right there, kinda sums it all up. Everything you said is a positive and a negative. What that means is Stern has been producing stuff for a while with the same stuff. It has had many bugs worked out but it is also dated in technology terms. This is where The excitement for JJP comes in. That is a good for JJP but they are untested, negative, until they put a pin on the streets.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

rommy said:

I think if you wait a bit you will be able to get it for less. Once it comes out, some guys will sell right away, within a month or two, jusy cause that's how they roll.

Thats part of my reasoning on waiting. A. I cant pay and wait like folks have. I freak out so for me its easy once its released or close. B. Just like the current Sterns folks pre order, play and sell. Its the cycle. For no ill reasons I am sure that games will hit the market. You can pick from HUO or new JJP regular WOZ.
Hopefully part of changing Pinball includes making plenty so folks can play first and then decide. And even though its taking a while thats what a great game and plenty of them will mean to the market. I truly belive its a good thing.

#87 11 years ago

There is a normal pattern now being established by some pin-flippers who have money: they snag the LEs and then dump them early on for a profit. Unfortunately, because you have people doing this, they're also spinning all kinds of propaganda about how awesome every new game that comes out is, and as we've seen, it's difficult to really determine which games are long term keepers, and which ones are being inflated by people who want to flip games and make some money, or have bought the game and don't want it to be known as a flop.

I suspect there are a bunch of people planning to do this with WOZ as well. However, there's one difference: There's 1000 LEs and an unlimited number of normal versions which should be functionally-identical, so I think the pin flippers are making a much more risky move -- the games are quite simply, not going to be very rare, at all. I expect the hype meter to go off the charts when WOZ is first released, fueled by some of these people who may try to make some quick bucks off those who didn't pre-order but have to have the game ASAP.

In fact, it could turn out that the only people who really make some money are these very early guys... It's pretty tempting to sell your #12, make a $1000-$2000 profit, and in all likelihood, buy another LE a month or two later for less.

#88 11 years ago

I was considering a few trade offer plus cash but didn't work out. #12 is still Available. The first $8500 takes it. Tks.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from Billmelater:

The first $8500 takes it.

Someone should jump on this as the games are scheduled to be out very soon .

Jim

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I give it all of 15 minutes before it's sold.
Premature - Congratulations on your sale!

A week later and it's not sold.

The price obviously has everything to do with that.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The price obviously has everything to do with that.

+1. 1K less, and I'd think hard about it.

#92 11 years ago

I have ECLE #20 coming. Hope JJP hype is worth it only for fun factor, not resale value. My Tron LE sometimes stresses me out when I am torn between loving the pin and wanting the resale value money I could be getting! {

Btw, Tron LE's low production #'s had nothing to do with their resale trend. Look at Avatar LE's!

#93 11 years ago

Yup $13k, sure! They're only going to make "thousands" some day according to JJP himself.

// Error: Image 42073 not found //

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Yup $13k, sure! They're only going to make "thousands" some day according to JJP himself.

He was referring to MM.

#95 11 years ago

Just closing the loop. Machine has been sold. Thanks to all that inquired.

#96 11 years ago

Well without naming buyer, how about sale price please?

#97 11 years ago

Sorry, but the buyer requested confidentiality in respect to the details of the transaction. I need to respect that.

#98 11 years ago

hey good for you.

Now, what else have you to sell ?

#99 11 years ago

I thought it was well known that serial numbers are not an indication of the order that games are produced, especially when it comes to the LE versions... but now I can't remember where I read or heard that. Anyone?

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

600 Shreks,
250 Avatar LEs
450 NBAs
600 Dale Jrs
400 Tron LEs
350 RS LEs

how many CSI's?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fswozle-12/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.