Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by stretch2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tron_LE_Low_res_pic_1.jpg
Tron_LE_Low_res_3.jpg
Tron_LE_Low_res_2.jpg
IMG_0579.jpg
IMG_0573.jpg
IMG_0569.jpg
IMG_0571.jpg
IMG_0570.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago

The 2nd movie if anything should decrease values... I thought that they were actually re-releasing them.....no? If so not sure if they would do another batch of LE's or just Pro's... Sometimes I just don't understand Stern's thinking on production runs and re-runs. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they do more "premium runs". Seems like they are just leaving money out on the table if the demand is there. What does Stern care about the "secondary market". zip... I have heard that they are planning on doing a re-run of Avatar, but every now and again someone mentions that they are available new still. (which may be the case from some vendors) Still... if Trons are all sold out except for people that bought up and stock piled them or people asking too much for them why wouldn't Stern be interested in a re-run.. I don't buy for a second that it would be any harder to extend a license to an extra XX amount of machines. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but no pin is worth 10k to me.. not even an Indiana Jones with a 24k 1/4 scale ark topper or a Tron with a working pocket bike light cycle replica. Same thing could be said for Ironman... definitely enough demand if they started them on the assembly line again. Heh.. I like a lot of others here have just enough $$ to have a modest collection of 2 and would rather have 2 good pro's or pre- prem/LE titles. Sorry for the long wind there, but has anyone else heard if they are re-running them?

#47 6 years ago

So...in the history of pinball no company has had a re-release of a table? I mean i know tron had like 3 runs, but that was while they were still being built....not 5 years later or something. (yes i know those were pros) And yea....technically there won't be a 401th original LE, but why not a "tron legacy escape" or "recognizer edition" or "light cycle edition" Or insert name here which is basically the LE with a new name or maybe different art or a new toy, but otherwise the same game. I mean isn't that basically what stern did with the ACDC premiums? Honestly stern is really missing out.... And if they re-ran say 5 of their most in demand tables.....they'd sure sell a bunch. Don't you think someone could make a KILLING if they were to all of the sudden start making like 1,000 or so Big Bang Bars?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside