Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RawleyD
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Lock, closed thread

#2 11 years ago

According to these values?
    So....your saying you want the upper hand. Your titles of interest look pretty wholesale priced to me.

Good luck on a 3800 iron man or 1150 cyclone, maybe 2 years ago, not today.

#3 11 years ago

Retail vs below wholesale in some cases. Sounds like a solid trade opportunity.

#4 11 years ago

Greed!

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

So....your saying you want the upper hand. Your titles of interest look pretty wholesale priced to me.

Good luck on a 3800 Iron Man or 1150 cyclone, maybe 2 years ago, not today.

+1

EDIT: "Firm on $9000 and willing to give you bottom dollar trade value for your Flintstones, IM, Tommy, Comet, and SM"

Some of those prices are realistic....others not so much...
    No offense bud...I'm just saying that sounds a little ridiculous.

#6 11 years ago

If those are your trade in values, then I'd say you have a 6500 mb, tops

#7 11 years ago

How do you think he was able to accumulate 47 pins?

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from maf-mi:

How do you think he was able to accumulate 47 pins?

Dry with no rubber?

#9 11 years ago

Sounds like he just wants beat up routed machines for the trade.

#10 11 years ago

I think your low on SM and IM and maybe one more. FS,GI, W?D, Tommy, TFTC are all pretty close in your area. Doesnt really matter though, its your thread and if thats what your asking for then good luck. Seems like prices on pinside are rising toward Ebay prices.

#11 11 years ago

$3800 for a iron man... man i'd jump on it at that price.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

$3800 for a Iron Man... man i'd jump on it at that price.

what if it was a beater home model?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

If those are your trade in values, then I'd say you have a 6500 mb, tops

Great post

#14 11 years ago

REALLY 9K ?

SM at 4200?

IM at 3800?

#15 11 years ago

Wow, this is how you do it right here. Set the price for both machines and see if anyone bites, takes the negotiation out of the deal.. Not a bad plan if you find someone to take you up on it, GLWT.

-Wes

#16 11 years ago

Maybe I should have added to the original post that routed machines are fine as long s they work and I don't need LEDs and I don't mind shopping out the games but it's pretty obvious (as I have known all along) that a lot of Pinsiders can be a bit unfriendly and scathing at times.

You guys should really see how you all just came across with your replies.

I have seen people ask for crazy money on all sorts of things.

I see a $3600 No Good Gofers on here and a $3500 Tommy and no one is starting in on those guys, or the numerous $12K+ games I have seen people try to sell, but make a "suggested" trade value towards a really nice pin and you guys get all up in arms, now that is pretty funny if you ask me.

#17 11 years ago

I'd also like to add that I own an arcade/game store where we run pinball leagues and get these games so the players can enjoy them, so again, not really understanding what the issues are here but I know who "not" to deal with based on some of the remarks if anything comes up for sale.

With that said, the game "might" be on hold from my PMs it looks like.

#18 11 years ago

Congrats on the deal. Like i said in my post above i think looking at a MB retail you were just low on SM and IM and thats what got them riled up.. But again-it doesnt really matter, its your thread.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Good luck on a 3800 Iron Man or 1150 cyclone, maybe 2 years ago, not today.

Agreed. hey, a guy can dream, right?

#20 11 years ago

At least the guy is being up front with what he's willing to take for your machine before you get your hopes that you'll get fair market price for your machine

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

Congrats on the deal. Like i said in my post above i think looking at a MB retail you were just low on SM and IM and thats what got them riled up.. But again-it doesnt really matter, its your thread.

I might be low on Iron Man; I didn't really check on it...but Spider-Mans in this area (4-5 hour radius) have all went for $4200-4800 (and there have been 4) in the past 3 months. Maybe I need to buy those and "flip" them on here and not be yelled at? That would be some irony there.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

Maybe I should have added to the original post that routed machines are fine as long s they work and I don't need LEDs and I don't mind shopping out the games but it's pretty obvious (as I have known all along) that a lot of Pinsiders can be a bit unfriendly and scathing at times.
    I see a $3600 No Good Gofers on here and a $3500 Tommy and no one is starting in on those guys, or the numerous $12K+ games I have seen people try to sell, but make a "suggested" trade value towards a really nice pin and you guys get all up in arms, now that is pretty funny if you ask me.

When you say "firm" on one hand on your pin for sale, then list low prices on the other pins that you're looking for, you have to expect that people will comment. So with that, you should see how you came across with your original post.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

I might be low on Iron Man; I didn't really check on it...but Spider-Mans in this area (4-5 hour radius) have all went for $4200-4800 (and there have been 4) in the past 3 months. Maybe I need to buy those and "flip" them on here and not be yelled at? That would be some irony there.

No big deal , I was actually trying to help get people off your back. Ive had threads stepped on before.. BTW, the next Spider-man you come across for 4200 let me know. Im just about 5-6 hrs away.

#24 11 years ago

I was just firm on the $9000 "cash" part, that's it. Anything else can be worked on but like I said, this is on hold at the moment, thanks for all the interest and comments and suggestions. I'll take that into consideration next time.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

+1
    EDIT: "Firm on $9000 and willing to give you bottom dollar trade value for your Flintstones, IM, Tommy, Comet, and SM"
    Some of those prices are realistic....others not so much...
    No offense bud...I'm just saying that sounds a little ridiculous.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=255125

Flintstones LEDed for $1800. He still has it. Nice one too.

http://pinballbash.com/forum/index.php?topic=13544.0

Flintstones for $1600. Still available.

I mean, I am not sure what the problem is here....these have been posted awhile. Maybe everyone else pays way too much for pinballs?

#26 11 years ago

Link to Ebay doesn't work

#27 11 years ago

Those list prices are wrong enough that it took me a bit to figure out exactly what you were asking for. You want to knock off "that" amount from the 9K, for "that" pin in trade in value. I can see why people are replying this way. I hope that the trade in values would go up if someone offered you an excellent condition machine!?

#28 11 years ago

I think it would have been best to list your price, and discuss trade value off line. Just sayin...

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

that a lot of Pinsiders can be a bit unfriendly and scathing at times.

Go post this same ad up word for word on RGP and see what happens.

#30 11 years ago

At least he posted how he rates the value of the machines he has interest in. It makes it much easier than exchanging several emails or pm's to find out the value is far to skewed to make a deal that is fair to both parties. Although I disagree with his evaluation of value on other titles it makes it easy to know I don't want to bother with trying to make a sale. Best of luck

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from haunted1:

At least he posted how he rates the value of the machines he has interest in. It makes it much easier than exchanging several emails or pm's to find out the value is far to skewed to make a deal that is fair to both parties. Although I disagree with his evaluation of value on other titles it makes it easy to know I don't want to bother with trying to make a sale. Best of luck

+1 Nothing worse then thinking you can make a deal and getting excited about it just to find out that the other party is not even in the same ballpark. That being said both of those Flintstones the OP gave as justification for his price are spoken for. Good luck on the trade if you can find someone willing it may mean pinball prices are on the way down.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

+1. Good luck dude.

#33 11 years ago

Is your MB routed? Part of your former pinball league lineup?

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from haunted1:

This is very true. Far too often when trying to make a trade deal, you find out you are just way too far apart. And that usually happens after plenty of time has been wasted.

#35 11 years ago

I sold my tommy for $5500. but it looked like it came out of the box. I have another that is almost as nice as my other ones, with pinball pro full set, propeller mod. for $5300. And i'm not budging off that price. unless your buying multiples from me.

#36 11 years ago

Ebay link shows listing removed?

#37 11 years ago

You guys need to lay off. DreamTR is an awesome individual and I enjoy playing at his arcade and the leagues. I played this Monster Bash myself, it's truly collector quality and there's not a thing wrong with it. Translite looks amazing with the LEDs too. It's more along the lines of sellers asking these stupid prices and people paying them.

#38 11 years ago

never blame the sellers, only the buyers.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

a bit unfriendly and scathing at times.

Quoted from Crash:

You guys need to lay off

There was no name calling, the thread was opened for discussion right? We are all grown men right? Just calm down. let it roll off your back and join me for a internet beer, CHEERS!

#40 11 years ago

Dude got defensive for a reason. Nothing wrong with the MB, but the approach was pompous, at best.

#41 11 years ago

Buy low, sell high. I buy low, just don't sell much. He is doing to same thing. If you don't like his approach, deal with someone else. The thing that annoys me is when people delete their post and change the title. It happened, stand behind it. Now the thread has no beginning and everything else is useless.

#42 11 years ago

In before the lock but after the lambasting

#43 11 years ago

IBL

#44 11 years ago

I would love to see the original post.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fst-monster-bash-pinball-machine-with-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.