(Topic ID: 149047)

FSPA (MD/VA) Spring '16 leagues starting now...

By jeffc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jeffc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2016-01-10_at_6.46.03_PM_(resized).png

#1 8 years ago

[See here for our NEW LEAGUE LOCATION in Fairfax, VA: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fairfax-va-new-pinball-location]

New Spring seasons of the FSPA leagues are starting now...

FREE for new players.
FREE for old players (those from <2014).
$10 credit for current players who refer a new player.

Play a season and you are entered in a drawing to win a FREE PINBALL MACHINE (1984 WMS Laser Cue).

More info: http://fspazone.org/

Mighty Mike's: Spring 2016 Week #0, Monday Jan 11, 2016 @ 8:00 PM at the Mighty Mike's in Sterling VA.
Volleyball House: Spring 2016 Week #0, Wednesday Jan 20, 2016 @ 8:00 PM at the Volleyball House in Elkridge MD.
Town Hall: Spring 2016 Week #0, Thursday Jan 21, 2016 @ 8:30 PM at Town Hall in College Park, MD.
RedZone: Spring 2016 Week #0, Thursday Jan 28, 2016 @ 8:00 PM at RedZone Grill in Fairfax, VA.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-10_at_6.46.03_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-10_at_6.46.03_PM_(resized).png

#2 8 years ago

You playing this season, Jeff? Town Hall needs some players...

#3 8 years ago

not sure yet.

#4 8 years ago

#5 8 years ago

Probably should have put the free dues offer in the title....lol. Free dues bump!

#6 8 years ago

I ruffled a few feathers a few seasons ago when I started a thread for a free machine (our giveaway). People didn't like that I said free, but you had to play a season and pay the dues. Fair enough.

But now with our FREE DUES I might be able to start such a thread. lol.

#7 8 years ago

By the way, reminder here that existing players who refer a new member also get a $10 league dues credit in addition to the new player having free dues all season. What a deal! That's like a 25% discount on the season for an existing player who refers.....

#8 8 years ago

We are happy to announce a new non-smoking pinball location with a new Thursday Night FSPA league in Fairfax, Virginia.

It was 3 years ago this month when we lost the John’s Place location after 10+ years of pinball in Fairfax.

We are Rolling Out this weekend with Six Excellent Pins and we will add a few more soon.

The current lineup is The Walking Dead, AC/DC Pro, FishTales, The Sopranos, Bally Radical, and Metallica.

The RedZone Grill has offered to host our games and we will have a Thursday night league with Week Zero less than 2 weeks away.
Week Zero will be January 28, and Week 1 will be during February 4, the Thursday before the Super Bowl.

This Thursday, January 21, will be an informal practice night with a random bracket tournament. No WPPR points, prizes or entry fees. “Week (-1)” for the new league.

The RedZone Grill is in the Mosby Building at 10560 Main Street in Fairfax.
This is a non-smoking facility with plenty of free parking right out front. The food is good and the staff is very nice. Hope to see you there soon!

#9 8 years ago

I'm super stoked that there's a location in Fairfax once again. I'll be there! Hope to see some of you there.

(Oh hey.. 1000th post as well.. coincidence? )

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

We are happy to announce a new non-smoking pinball location with a new Thursday Night FSPA league in Fairfax, Virginia.
It was 3 years ago this month when we lost the John’s Place location after 10+ years of pinball in Fairfax.
We are Rolling Out this weekend with Six Excellent Pins and we will add a few more soon.
The current lineup is The Walking Dead, AC/DC Pro, FishTales, The Sopranos, Bally Radical, and Metallica.
The RedZone Grill has offered to host our games and we will have a Thursday night league with Week Zero less than 2 weeks away.
Week Zero will be January 28, and Week 1 will be during February 4, the Thursday before the Super Bowl.
This Thursday, January 21, will be an informal practice night with a random bracket tournament. No WPPR points, prizes or entry fees. “Week (-1)” for the new league.
The RedZone Grill is in the Mosby Building at 10560 Main Street in Fairfax.
This is a non-smoking facility with plenty of free parking right out front. The food is good and the staff is very nice. Hope to see you there soon!

Ok, so can one just show up or is there some paperwork or signup needed? Work has kept me out of town so I have missed the first couple weeks at Mike's, but this is closer and better suited to my schedule. Also my first Pinball League, so a total noob...

#11 8 years ago

If you show up at least for either this week (pre-season) or week 0 you should be fine. Even week 1 should be OK but I would either go to one of the earlier weeks or email the league organizer to give them a heads up.

I would direct you to a contact for the new league but it looks like fspazone.org is down right now...

#12 8 years ago

Update: you can now sign up online here:
http://fspa.league.papa.org/eventRegistration/9

#13 8 years ago

Good times!!

Thanks for the warm welcome.. I will be back

#14 8 years ago

Glad to hear!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fspa-mdva-spring-16-leagues-starting-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.